Capitol Toyota Scion

Daniel  Garcia, Toyota Sales Associate, Capitol Toyota Scion

Daniel Garcia

Toyota Sales Associate

January 03, 2017

"David went out of his way to help me get snow tires "

- Ladydriver

I was schedule to leave for a trip from PDX on December 14, 2016. With the threat of snow, I called David on the 13th to ask advice on how my Rav4 would drive in the snow. After discussing my driving abilities in snow, we decided that I would do better with studless snow tires but none were in stock. He called around and arranged for the snow tires to be mounted the 14th at 8:00 am. I was on the road by 9:30. Thank heavens for the timing, because I arrived at the hotel just before the snow storm hit! Thanks to David's efforts, (and the hotel shuttle) I was able to make my flight on time.

David Ames

December 01, 2016

"Negative Equity - No problem"

- jacksand921

The morning before the 2017 Civil War football game, I was looking to trade my 2013 Scion tC for a more friendly family vehicle. I thought this would be a challenge since I had a little bit of negative equity in my Scion. Could we find the right vehicle for us and get the right deal without missing the kickoff of the game? Turns out, it was no problem. We worked with Kristine Ralstin to identify the vehicle we wanted. They listened to all our wishes for what the vehicle needed to do for us. We test drove the RAV4. Kristine was very knowledgeable about the RAV. Once we identified the 2017 Toyota RAV4 LE as the model we wanted, we picked the color. She assured us Rich Myles would make the numbers work for us. Rich Myles was able to work with us on several things. We wanted a car payment under $300, fair value for our trade, minimal to zero down payment, and a higher mileage lease since I would be commuting for part of the lease. Rich worked to integrate all our financial needs into the deal. We are very happy customers. Thanks Kristine and Rich for making it a very easy process. Thanks to you, we will be going back to Capitol to buy our next vehicle.

Kristine Ralstin, Rich Myles

October 05, 2016

"Fraud with a smile"

- eas2006

I'm forced to choose 1 star however; this place doesn't deserve even 1 star. I've always given them a chance but sadly, they've never came though. They wheel you and deal you in the beginning, talks of family and friends, destinations to distract you from what's really going on. I'm thinking to myself, I'm just one person, who cares if they lose one customer. I never asked for special treatment, all I ever wanted was what was promised and stated. How did I make the dealership so upset with me for the treatment I get in return? Was it the wheels and tires that I paid for, that had to be removed for the larger nicer 2nd set of wheels and tires that I paid for? Do they attempt to force all customers to that purchase a vehicle that comes with after-market wheels and tires to forfeit the stock wheels and tires? If you look at the invoice, the real Manufactures invoice not the dealerships fake one, it clearly states, Factory wheels and tires for ($$$$) amount. The sales team will tell you in not negotiable, also for many other added items. It's not negotiable if you don't negotiate. Furthermore, I was promised up and don't that Capital Toyota in Salem, Oregon lifts their own vehicles. This was pounded into my head due to the fact that I was going to have Les Schwab’s do it here in Salem and a cheaper price. I'll get back to that later. Each time I need an oil change, I made an appointment and waiting the usual 2 hours for an oil change. Recently, about a month ago, I made my 5000 miles’ oil change call to Capital. Made an appointment, once the day came I drove down, waited in the shop for someone to ask what I needed, everyone was busy, their always busy! I recommend an oil change at Jiffy Lube's because you can keep an eye on your vehicles and all times and watch the work being performed unlike Capital Toyota. After about my 2-hour mark was up, I went out for a vape break. There was my truck, in the same spot they had parked it 2 hours ago. I went in and asked politely why my truck was not being serviced yet, I had done as requested to save time as stated on your door right there in the office and made an appointment 2 weeks prior. They said, that's the done parking lot, I then asked for my keys back. A few minutes later, I was told that they haven't gotten to my vehicle yet because they were busy. I left, unhappy once again. The only time I remember leaving happy was when it was delivery day. Except the part where I had to demand the floor mats and stock wheels and tires that I paid hard earned money for, as I was going to list and sale them on craigslist, which sold for $750 bucks FYI. folks. Needless to say, I called once again to schedule an oil change which at this point going against my better judgement. Dropped my truck off at 10am. Asked about a Shuttle back home, they said it would be about 15-25-minute wait time. So, I waited, again. After about an hour, I went back into the Service adviser’s office and inquired about the shuttle once again. I was told sorry, there should be one available in about 45 minutes. I informed them I need my truck back tonight because I have to work the next day. I called a buddy and got a ride home. Around 430P, I called Capital to see if my truck was done. My Service adviser askes first, did I know my windshield wiper light was on. Me- Yes, been on a few weeks, is my truck done? Service adviser- Did you know you didn’t have a spare tire? Me- Yes, is my truck done sir? Service adviser- yes, and the sound you are hearing is the chain from the spare tire smacking the frame. Me- That’s impossible! Is my truck done? If you like, I can take it to a specialist and diagnose the problem and bring you back the paperwork confirming the problem. Service adviser- We drove it all over the parking lot up and down and are unable to duplicate the problem. Me- I took a before and after photo of my mileage, 19,237 miles dropped off, 19,237 miles picked up. How do you drive all over and not rack up any mileage? Service adviser- Well, too honest with you sir, the lift was done at 4wheel parts in Portland, Oregon. Me- So, I have to take another day off and drive to Portland for the day to get my truck fixed? Service adviser- No sir, make another appointment to come down here and I’ll personally drive your truck to Portland for you, that’s what I’m willing to do, to help you out. Me- Are you kidding me? No, I’ll drive my own truck and never come here again. Service adviser- That is your choice sir. Me- What about my windshield wiper light? Did you try and reset or update the software on the computer? Service adviser- No. Me- Did you have the techs disconnect the sending unit or make sure it was plugged in? Service adviser- No, I don’t think so, I don’t work back there. Me- Why not? Service adviser- well, since your truck is lifted, and we didn’t do the lift. We can’t touch the wiper wires because we don’t want to be responsible for any damages that the life may have done. I took my keys, paid the 70 bucks for my almost 6-hour oil change and said, I’m never doing business here again! I was then asked not to use his name on any surveys because obviously I’m red flagged there for posting accurate and precise surveys. I agreed.

• Floating Golf Green