Carl Hogan Automotive

Carl Hogan Automotive Info

Ronnie52
10/14/2015

"Very unprofessional"

I bought a new Chevy truck in Feb from Carl Hogan. Felt as though I got a good deal so, my wife and I go back a few months later to look at possibly buying a SUV. Because we did not make the deal with the two guys that teamed up on us; we were treated very rude. We left there and drove a short 15 miles to another dealer. They had the same SUV with same color even. The sticker price was only 3 dollars different between the two dealerships. We got a much better trade on our car; when I say better I mean 1500 dollars difference. Needless to say we made our purchase from Mitchell in West Point,Ms. I have not heard another word out of Carl Hogan about my new truck purchase, no survey no contact from service department . Mitchell has someone call me at least once a month. I have been a Chevrolet owner for over forty years. I have never been treated so poorly than by Carl Hogan. When I trade these two GM vehicles it will not be with Carl Hogan.

Dewayne Livingston on purchase of truck. Don't remember names of other two the second time.

wkmgator
9/17/2015

"The Poorest Service Department I have ever been to."

Watch out! These guys at CARL HOGAN - Service Department will stick you over! I dropped off a 1996 Cadillac on 09/16/2015 that was needing an AC blower motor and received an outrageous quote for $1,160.00 for parts and labor to do the work. I informed an employee named, Dottie Hord that the quote was way to high for the requested work and that I would be picking up the car on Friday morning 9/17/15. She not once informed me when I dropped the car off that there would be a 10th of the quote charged and she informed me that I would have to pay them $112.00 just for (looking) at it. They informed me that the window motor and the seat warmer parts had been discontinued and that they could no longer get the parts. I did a search on eBay and purchased the AC Blower motor myself for $116.00 and have someone else lined up to install it for not much more that Carl Hogan has charged me just for (Looking at the vehicle). Which I highly doubt they even looked at. Dotty informed me that they charge $109.00 per hour labor in their service department. So with that said I'm guessing a tire balance, rotation and oil change would cost around $112.00 plus the services. I would recommend going elsewhere with all of your repair work and not wasting your valuable time in going to this place.

Dottie Hord

sandmanguy39
11/25/2012

"I found a great deal on a used truck @ Carl Hogan. I went..."

I found a great deal on a used truck @ Carl Hogan. I went in on a Friday which was a holiday -we settled on a price which included my trade-in. My loan company was closed for the holiday. I intialed the paperwork and I told them I will be back Monday- they gave sheet with info to take to my loan co. Then they called me Sat to say someone was looking @ truck then said I need to put down deposit then called later and said see u Monday no deposit needed. Then another salesman called later Sat and said they sold it. What a load of cramp. Im calling Better Business Bureau on Monday.

Colvin

skittles1990
6/04/2012

"THIS WAS MY SECOND EXPERIENCE BUYING FROM CARL HOGAN...."

THIS WAS MY SECOND EXPERIENCE BUYING FROM CARL HOGAN. FIRST TIME I BOUGHT A USED CAR. MY EXPERIENCE WAS EXCELLENT. WHEN I GOT READY TO BUY MY NEW DODGE CHARGER, I WENT BACK TO CARL HOGAN. DEWAYNE MET ME AT THE CARS. I EXPLAINED WHICH CAR I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT WE COULD NOT FIND IT. I WAS DISSAPOINTED UNTIL DEWAYNE TOLD ME HE COULD GET ME THE EXACT SAME CAR IN A FEW DAYS. HE THEN CALLED ME THE NEXT MORNING TO TELL ME THE CAR I WANTED WAS STILL ON THE LOT. A FEW HOURS LATER, I OWNED MY CAR. I WANT TO THANK DEWAYNE FOR HIS TIME AND EXTREMELY FRIENDLY MANNER WHILE HE DEALT WITH MYSELF, MY WIFE, AND MY CHILD FOR SEVERAL HOURS WHILE HE MADE MY WIFE'S DREAM A REALITY. F. SHELTON

dewayne livingston

albcwa
5/23/2012

"I actually went to look at a used vehicle. The sales guy..."

I actually went to look at a used vehicle. The sales guy was terrible and never even offered to let me drive it. I was waiting for my husband to show up to look at the car too (took about 5 minutes) and the sales guy went back inside! I started wandering around the parking lot looking at new vehicles. Another sales guy came out (much nicer than the first), but then I was scolded by the original sales guy because you have to stick with the same one. Even though he went back inside and left me out there alone. I ended up deciding I wanted to buy one of the new cars there. I was also never offered to drive this one. I went to another dealership, which let me take one of their cars with me for the day to try it out. Since they did not have exactly what I wanted, I contacted Carl Hogan again. Same sales guy was not helpful or interested in me at all. He wouldn't tell me the amount of a discount I knew I was elgible for. I went back to the other dealer and had them order me the vehicle I wanted. I don't know how service is at Carl Hogan, but if it's anything like sales, don't waste your time using them. Make the drive to West Point. They come and pick your vehicle up and leave you something to drive. I don't think Carl Hogan makes their money on average everyday people walking on the lot to find a new car. They just don't seem to care if you buy from them or not.

Dwayne

JeffHolt
2/19/2012

"My wife and I drove in to Carl Hogan Auto Group window..."

My wife and I drove in to Carl Hogan Auto Group window shopping. We were greeted by Ray Atkinson, a super nice gentleman. He listened to our desire in a new-used vehicle and immediately guided us to a FANTASTIC deal on the vehicle we wanted at the price we could afford. We will definately give Ray the opportunity to get our business again in the future. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Ray a absolute 10 and recommend him to anyone. As well as Carl Hogan Chev, Gmc, Jeep. Thanks guys

Ray Atkinson

possumtowner
11/11/2010

"About a mile down the road from the dealership, the..."

About a mile down the road from the dealership, the service engine light came on and will not go off. I don't have time for 50 trips to get this corrected. Funny that it has never come on since I have owned the card and after a visit to the dealership the light all of a sudden is on. It was a minor repair and some routine service and now I guess they want to make some more money off me just to turn the light off. Forget that because I will never deal with that dealership again.

Dottie was the service person

ramgxr03
7/27/2009

"Seems to be an ongoing issue with Carl Hogan and his..."

Seems to be an ongoing issue with Carl Hogan and his dealerships - service or lack thereof. The service department at Chevrolet is awful to deal with. They are more bothered by you calling to make an appointment than anything it seems, until you actually show up. They treat you like you're a joke and definately won't go out of their way to make sure you have a good visit. Plan on doing your own footwork for warranty work or anything part related. You can't just call and ask, you'll get the run around and be left with no straight answer. Regardless if the part is not in inventory most dealerships will negotiate with each other to find one right away. I've been waiting over a month for one. Finally called several other dealerships (out of state) who told me they have the part in stock. I've been in to the service department 3 times now for minor minor things and each time I have left disappointed. I live behind this one but I'd rather drive out of state to get the right service. I will not go back to this one - even if they surprisingly get my part in...this year.

Wayne

Carl Hogan Automotive responded to this review

January 13, 2010

This communication is from the customer relations department at Carl Hogan Automotive, regarding your review on dealerrater.com. Your review seems to have several issues if understood correctly. Before the customer relations department can address your concerns and assist you. Your concerns need to be identified as exactly what they are. 1. Are you having difficulty setting a service appointment by phone? 2. Did you bring a vehicle in for repairs and the service department was unable to make repairs because they were unable to obtain the parts needed? 3.Did you try to purchase a part from the parts department and they were unable to obtain the part you needed? If we can identify your concerns I am sure we can come up with a resolution that will be more than satisfactory.

dragonhart
5/04/2007

"I hesitate to answer why, but here it goes. This..."

I hesitate to answer why, but here it goes. This dealership goes out of it's way to threaten it's customers if they make any waves about service. Mr Hogan is all about himself and doesn't care about service after the sale.