Carson Dodge Chrysler

Lithia Chrysler Jeep of Reno

Reno Dodge

rippedoff
5/28/2015

"liars, worst service department ever experianced."

Purchased 2013 Dodge Ram 2500 out of stat and moved to nevada. being the closest dealership I had my trucked serviced for warranty issues. so many i couldnt count them. One that sticks in my mind is the truck exhaust brake would engage when not activated(no lite on button and no icon illuminated in instrument cluster below spedo. Had multiple visits for repair at noavail. When the exhaust brake would engage without being activated it would continue to do so every time you came off the accelerator until you turned the truck off or activated it by pushing the activation button on then back off. when it was malfunctioning I drove right to Carson city Dodge and spoke to Don Radtke, the service manager who was already familiar with all the previous repair attempts. I told him the exhaust brake was malfunctioning right now and I would like you to test drive to verify. He stated,"Im too busy right now" I then replied that I will let that truck idle utill somebody verifies the malfunction. Don the sent his quality control tech to ride with me. We accelerated from a stop onto hwy 395 during rush hour up to 70 mph. At that time the tech stated " I know whats wrong it the torque converter engaging incorrectly" I stated that that is true and your repair facility will not recognize that problem, but your here to verify the exhaust brake engaging without being activated. I continued to accelerate up to 70 mph and exhaust brake would engage every time. I preformed this up to 5 times then he said " i see you concern, it is engaging and lets go back to service and schedule a repair appointment for the following friday. Wednesday before my service appointment Wendi fro m Carson City Dodge call and canceled my appointment for friday stating, " they are going to contact chrysler tech support team for this issue and will call me back shortly to arrange a time to have the exhaust brake fixed. The call never came. 2 weeks later i returned and talked to Steve Christiansen , general manager, told him the story and he called Don Radtke on the phone, then Steve stated " Don says it never happened" I ask to see the quality control tech and ask him face to face what happened. When he arrived in the office with Don he then changed his story and said," It seems like i do remember something like that happening" I asked for that to be put on the repair order and they worded it as " I wasnt driving the truck and at a very low speed i could feel something when deccelarating and could see the exhaust brake gauge registering. which is a half truth after a complete lie. Found that that second repair report, that had those comments never made it to Chrysler. wow. I could go on and on about me having to always return 2 times for the simplest repairs like replacing a power steering hose that after work was completed I drove to reno to find about a quart of power steering fluid on the ground and down the undercarrage of the truck. returned and they had a mechanic repair the hose in the repair report bay without creating a repair order. I thought I was getting great service by not having to leave the truck but they were just covering their rears and trying to tell me it was just extra fluid from the repair that the tech didnt wipe off. My god, do they think im that stupid. I guess he must have not filled the empty power steering reservoir too. Either way incompetent dont you think!

Steve Christiansen, general manager. Don Radtke, service manager. Amy Payne, warrenty admin. manager

rippedoff responded to this review

May 28, 2015

wow. i belive it

Nickiekenison
11/14/2014

"Best car buying experience!"

Jared was my salesman and by far this was my best experience buying a car. Carson Dodge made Me feel very welcome and comfortable. Jared made my car buying experience quick and easy, I will definitely be back for all my future car needs.

Jared kenison

Byron Farrar
11/07/2014

"Appointment times are meaningless here."

I live in Spanish Springs, but I had to use Carson Dodge due to circumstances beyond my control. Their service department needs some serious service. I dropped the car off on a Friday evening so they could diagnose the issue and get me a cost estimate for repairs first thing on Saturday. I got a call Saturday afternoon with the estimate and they let me know they would need to order the parts. So, I paid for the diagnostic and parts which they said would arrive by Tuesday and that as soon as the parts were in, they would call me to set the appointment to do the repairs. So, no one called Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, I had to call them. The parts had been in for two days just sitting around and no one called me. I figured this was a slight oversight, no big deal, and left it at that. I set my appointment for two weeks later on a Friday and was told at the time I would need to leave the car for 3-4 hours. I received an email and phone confirmation the day before the appointment and was again assured it would be ready in 3-4 hours from when I dropped it off at 11am. So, I show up 10 minutes early, drop off the car and take the family to Virginia City for the afternoon to have some fun. We come back at 3:30 and not only is the car not done, but no one has even started on it. NOTHING had been done. Jon in service called the tech over who was supposed to be working on our car and he said that it would take him an hour to an hour and a half to do the job once he finished one he was already working on. I asked Jon why my car hadn’t been touched as we did have an appointment and I would have thought that 4.5 hours for a job that takes less than 1.5 hours would have been enough and he told me that the appointment time is just for the write up. What was there to write up? The issue was known, the parts on hand, all that had to be done was install them! He said he would pull someone from another job to get it done ASAP, but I had to go home. We had planned our day based on that car being ready on time and it wasn’t. Jon called at 5:30 to let us know that the car was done which told me two things. One, if I hadn’t been unhappy and told them so, my car wouldn’t have even been ready until the next day. And two, the appointment time does not mean a thing as it still took 6.5 hours to do the 1.5 hour job. When I left I let them know that they needed to do something to make it right as they had inconvenienced myself and my family by making us make yet another trip out to Carson City from our home in Spanish Springs. Their solution was an oil change and a car wash in Carson City that expired in one month. What good would that do me? Why would I travel an extra 80 miles for an oil change I am perfectly capable of doing myself? It would actually cost me more in gas than what I would save in doing so. I let them know that they needed to come up with something else that was acceptable to me and took into account where I lived and they have not said a thing. The work that was done was fine, though I am sure Reno Dodge could have done the job just as well, but their service department is a complete mess. If you take your car here, do not expect it to be fixed the same day even if you have an appointment because it will not be.

Jon

getreal534
11/07/2014

"Service Department review"

Took my truck for an oil change. Got there around 2 pm with no appointment. Asked if they can do oil change by end of the day? 1 hour later I was informed that oil change is done and my truck ready to pick up. That is an example of very smooth operation. Truck was clean and they also top off all my fluids - nice touch. Yes oil change may be a little more money but well worth it.

John Mantkus

John Stern
7/17/2014

"Amy Payne very helpful"

My Ram 3500 needed a recall taken care of, Amy Payne was responsive and set up appointment and everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. Also in the past Amy has help me with any concerns. thanks Amy John Stern

Amy Payne

JimDaggett
6/07/2014

"Double charging "

The services charges are redundant. They charge full service time for things that could be done in tandem. This way they can over charge for almost all service calls. I was initially charge for the inspection time and the full service time when I told them to fix it anyway. I got a service quote of $290 to $320 dollars. The cost for the one fix came in at $528 and they tried to charge me another $110 for their inspection and evaluation of the item needing fixed. In addition to this I was given a recommendation of repairs/services amounting to over $2000. I was very uncomfortable with the process and would not recommend that anybody to use this dealership. In fact as a result of this I will never buy a Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge product because of this experience.

John

michael.galea.357
9/16/2012

"I went to Carson Dodge Chrysler to look at a new Jeep..."

I went to Carson Dodge Chrysler to look at a new Jeep Wrangler. I met with Jared my internet represenitive. Jared took the time to show me the vehicle I wanted as well as several others. Jared is a great salesman. Robert took care of all of the paperwork. Robert is wonderful and has a great sensof humor. Even though this was my first time at Carson Dodge I was blown away by how helpful everyone was. All of the paperwork was done right the first time. There is no high pressure salesmen at Carson Dodge Chrysler. I will be going back for service on my vehicles. And when it is time to buy another new car. Thank you to Jared and Robert for taking such good care of me.

Jared

James x Baumann
8/18/2012

"I purchased a Dodge Ram 3500 truck; the dealership did an..."

I purchased a Dodge Ram 3500 truck; the dealership did an outstanding job thru the entire sales experience. The Sales department, Finance Office, was very professional and able to answer any question I had. I would highly recommend this dealership to all of my friends and family.

Steve Christian, Jim Cryer

Lee Radtke
8/16/2012

"I procured a new 300 c last Aug. and was very happy with..."

I procured a new 300 c last Aug. and was very happy with the experience. I also have a 2005 Jeep Grand and I now get my service from Carson Dodge. They make you feel like your part of the family. I have sent some of my friend there also and they have been very happy with there deals and the service. Both of my Kids have also purchased there trucks, and Jeeps from Carson Dodge.

John Mantkus Service, Jerry Coleman Parts,Dave Butler Sales

raddonkey
8/10/2012

"We have had nothing but great experiences with Carson..."

We have had nothing but great experiences with Carson Dodge. I wont buy anywhere else.. Carson Dodge even went though the trouble to get the truck I wanted when they didnt have one on the lot. Our family has purchased 7 vehicle from them in the past 3 years. Steve Christian and James have always been great to deal with. I always felt like I got the best deal possible. A+ for an upstanding honest local business !!

james, steve, ray