Carson Dodge Chrysler

Lithia Chrysler Jeep of Reno

Reno Dodge

Nickiekenison
11/14/2014

"Best car buying experience!"

Jared was my salesman and by far this was my best experience buying a car. Carson Dodge made Me feel very welcome and comfortable. Jared made my car buying experience quick and easy, I will definitely be back for all my future car needs.

Jared kenison

Byron Farrar
11/07/2014

"Appointment times are meaningless here."

I live in Spanish Springs, but I had to use Carson Dodge due to circumstances beyond my control. Their service department needs some serious service. I dropped the car off on a Friday evening so they could diagnose the issue and get me a cost estimate for repairs first thing on Saturday. I got a call Saturday afternoon with the estimate and they let me know they would need to order the parts. So, I paid for the diagnostic and parts which they said would arrive by Tuesday and that as soon as the parts were in, they would call me to set the appointment to do the repairs. So, no one called Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, I had to call them. The parts had been in for two days just sitting around and no one called me. I figured this was a slight oversight, no big deal, and left it at that. I set my appointment for two weeks later on a Friday and was told at the time I would need to leave the car for 3-4 hours. I received an email and phone confirmation the day before the appointment and was again assured it would be ready in 3-4 hours from when I dropped it off at 11am. So, I show up 10 minutes early, drop off the car and take the family to Virginia City for the afternoon to have some fun. We come back at 3:30 and not only is the car not done, but no one has even started on it. NOTHING had been done. Jon in service called the tech over who was supposed to be working on our car and he said that it would take him an hour to an hour and a half to do the job once he finished one he was already working on. I asked Jon why my car hadn’t been touched as we did have an appointment and I would have thought that 4.5 hours for a job that takes less than 1.5 hours would have been enough and he told me that the appointment time is just for the write up. What was there to write up? The issue was known, the parts on hand, all that had to be done was install them! He said he would pull someone from another job to get it done ASAP, but I had to go home. We had planned our day based on that car being ready on time and it wasn’t. Jon called at 5:30 to let us know that the car was done which told me two things. One, if I hadn’t been unhappy and told them so, my car wouldn’t have even been ready until the next day. And two, the appointment time does not mean a thing as it still took 6.5 hours to do the 1.5 hour job. When I left I let them know that they needed to do something to make it right as they had inconvenienced myself and my family by making us make yet another trip out to Carson City from our home in Spanish Springs. Their solution was an oil change and a car wash in Carson City that expired in one month. What good would that do me? Why would I travel an extra 80 miles for an oil change I am perfectly capable of doing myself? It would actually cost me more in gas than what I would save in doing so. I let them know that they needed to come up with something else that was acceptable to me and took into account where I lived and they have not said a thing. The work that was done was fine, though I am sure Reno Dodge could have done the job just as well, but their service department is a complete mess. If you take your car here, do not expect it to be fixed the same day even if you have an appointment because it will not be.

Jon

getreal534
11/07/2014

"Service Department review"

Took my truck for an oil change. Got there around 2 pm with no appointment. Asked if they can do oil change by end of the day? 1 hour later I was informed that oil change is done and my truck ready to pick up. That is an example of very smooth operation. Truck was clean and they also top off all my fluids - nice touch. Yes oil change may be a little more money but well worth it.

John Mantkus

John Stern
7/17/2014

"Amy Payne very helpful"

My Ram 3500 needed a recall taken care of, Amy Payne was responsive and set up appointment and everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. Also in the past Amy has help me with any concerns. thanks Amy John Stern

Amy Payne

JimDaggett
6/07/2014

"Double charging "

The services charges are redundant. They charge full service time for things that could be done in tandem. This way they can over charge for almost all service calls. I was initially charge for the inspection time and the full service time when I told them to fix it anyway. I got a service quote of $290 to $320 dollars. The cost for the one fix came in at $528 and they tried to charge me another $110 for their inspection and evaluation of the item needing fixed. In addition to this I was given a recommendation of repairs/services amounting to over $2000. I was very uncomfortable with the process and would not recommend that anybody to use this dealership. In fact as a result of this I will never buy a Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge product because of this experience.

John

michael.galea.357
9/16/2012

"I went to Carson Dodge Chrysler to look at a new Jeep..."

I went to Carson Dodge Chrysler to look at a new Jeep Wrangler. I met with Jared my internet represenitive. Jared took the time to show me the vehicle I wanted as well as several others. Jared is a great salesman. Robert took care of all of the paperwork. Robert is wonderful and has a great sensof humor. Even though this was my first time at Carson Dodge I was blown away by how helpful everyone was. All of the paperwork was done right the first time. There is no high pressure salesmen at Carson Dodge Chrysler. I will be going back for service on my vehicles. And when it is time to buy another new car. Thank you to Jared and Robert for taking such good care of me.

Jared

James F Baumann
8/18/2012

"I purchased a Dodge Ram 3500 truck; the dealership did an..."

I purchased a Dodge Ram 3500 truck; the dealership did an outstanding job thru the entire sales experience. The Sales department, Finance Office, was very professional and able to answer any question I had. I would highly recommend this dealership to all of my friends and family.

Steve Christian, Jim Cryer

Lee Radtke
8/16/2012

"I procured a new 300 c last Aug. and was very happy with..."

I procured a new 300 c last Aug. and was very happy with the experience. I also have a 2005 Jeep Grand and I now get my service from Carson Dodge. They make you feel like your part of the family. I have sent some of my friend there also and they have been very happy with there deals and the service. Both of my Kids have also purchased there trucks, and Jeeps from Carson Dodge.

John Mantkus Service, Jerry Coleman Parts,Dave Butler Sales

raddonkey
8/10/2012

"We have had nothing but great experiences with Carson..."

We have had nothing but great experiences with Carson Dodge. I wont buy anywhere else.. Carson Dodge even went though the trouble to get the truck I wanted when they didnt have one on the lot. Our family has purchased 7 vehicle from them in the past 3 years. Steve Christian and James have always been great to deal with. I always felt like I got the best deal possible. A+ for an upstanding honest local business !!

james, steve, ray

Noragonpi
8/10/2012

"Mr. Christian went out of his way to find a replacement..."

Mr. Christian went out of his way to find a replacement rim for me after determining that one of mine was damaged. And he did for a very fair price. He also introduced me to his service department when I brought my Ram in for service before a long trip towing our fifth wheel. I was very pleased with their work and professionalism.

Steve Christian