Cavender Toyota

Cavender Toyota

Cavender Toyota Info
About Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

"One of the best car buying experiences"

Mike Gonzalez was a pleasure to work with. He made sure we were getting the vehicle to meet our needs. I greatly appreciate the experience with him and Jaime. Would recommend Cavender & will return to buy another vehicle if the opportunity presents itself.

"Perfect vehicle"

I would highly recommend Cavender Toyota. I was treated very well and they had a huge selection to choose from. My salesman Nate, went far and beyond to make sure we were happy with our choices.

Nate Arzehgar

"Great to come back to Cavender"

Have worked with Spencer before. Previously purchased 2 new vehicles with Spencer's help. Great experience here at Cavender, and WE will be back again!

"Parts Price Gouching at Cavender"

San Antonio Toyota owners beware! Cavender Toyota charges exactly 15% more for their factory Toyota parts than other area Toyota dealers. Red McCombs and Universal Toyota both wanted $102.50 for an ignition coil that fits an '06 Avalon - factory parts. Cavender charged $117.88. This same escalation applied to spark plus and rear brakes. To make matters worse, they also spent a lot of time trying to "upsell" services that you do not need. What people don't know about dealership service depts. is the service writers - known as asst. service mgrs. at Toyota dealerships - the service mgr and the GM all get a cut of the service bill. The more they sell - the more they make. The real tragedy is in many cases, the work you paid for was never done or done improperly to begin with. Also - ignore Cavenders customer service rep who like to chimes in to these negative reviews with her "we are so sorry you are not happy......". Anyone who believes her nonsense is too stupid to be alive.

Raul

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, opinions and observations; you have pointed out something we have been enthusiastically working on. For many months we have been focused on gaining the most competitive value in our market, along with providing a truly exceptional experience for our customers. We have actively shopped our competition and in so many cases have lower our pricing to be able to provide a great value to our customers. There are, however a few items we are working towards being more competitive on, as you have made note of here, and we are continuing to refine our value structure with valuable feedback such as yours. Again, we thank you for your comments, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

"Cavender Toyota was so highly recommended that I drove..."

Cavender Toyota was so highly recommended that I drove from North Austin to San Antonio to buy a new Tacoma pickup. Spencer Herrera is the ultimate professional, thoroughly knowledgeable about the truck, accommodating with my questions, never any pressure, and met my offer. I was fortunate to work with Spencer. I am 70-years old and had never bought a vehicle on my own, Spencer made the event comfortable and inspired trust. I fully recommend the dealership and Spencer Herrera. Malo Payne in finance further made the transaction comfortable and trustworthy. Another Cavender asset.

"Dust on the brakes operation"

Be careful about the service department. They are a "dust on the brakes" operation. You know what I mean. If they find dust on the brakes they recommend a brake job. In this case we brought in my 82 year old Mother's Corolla for a starter problem. Some guy named "Shawn" was our contact. To his credit, he recommended the car go back to the 3rd party mechanic to properly fix the starter problem. However, he called my Mother and recommended $800 of maintenance including "Carbon cleaning" the engine as well as a oil leak in the gasket that he claimed was draining into the spark plug (although there was never any evidence of smoke which oil in the spark plug and piston chamber would cause). We feel he took advantage of an older lady. We didn't want maintenance done, just an examination of the starter.

"Mike Gonzalez gave my wife a great deal w/o wasting her..."

Mike Gonzalez gave my wife a great deal w/o wasting her time. He and other members of the staff went out of their way to show her all of the vehicles features. Cavender was the 4th dealer we went to. Our journey started at Toyota of Boerne which turned out to be a train wreck experience. Do not be fooled by their opulent environment. Beneath all of that is your classic slime ball dealership. I can't say much more than that for the other 2 dealerships we visited - Universal Toyota and Red McCombs Toyota. Both wasted our time and could not begin to touch Cavenders drive out price.

"When my husband and I walked in it was very busy. Robert..."

When my husband and I walked in it was very busy. Robert stopped to help us, asked us what we were looking for and went to go find some cars that matched out needs. He was very knowledgeable and didn't try to rush us or sell us something we really didn't want. Car shopping is literally the worst experience for me. I hate pushy salesman who try to rush you into making a decision after you looked at a car for five minutes. Robert was very patient and answered our questions with confidence. When it came to finalizing he provided us with different options and was able to get us a really nice deal. We will definitely be coming back here. Everyone is so laid back, you can tell they like their job and they actually care about getting you in the car you love as well as one you can afford.

Robert Barnes

"I didn't know what kind of vehicle I wanted when we..."

I didn't know what kind of vehicle I wanted when we were searching for our new vehicle. We had been to several care dealerships before we stopped at Cavender. When we stopped by Cavender, we were promptly greeted and asked what we were looking for. As Christina narrowed our search based on our wants/needs we decided on the Corolla S Plus. Christina was VERY knowledgable about the cars Toyota had to offer and was very patient as I saw model after model and asked to see each one. She answered all of our questions right away and highlighted the new features of the cars. When we decided on the Corolla, she searched the car lot for the one that had the features we wanted but none of the "extras" that we didn't AND in the exact color we wanted. I never felt pressured and I was a GREAT experience! We would definitely recommend Toyota Cavendar!

Christina Gates

"I had read great reviews about Spencer! Test drove 3 cars..."

I had read great reviews about Spencer! Test drove 3 cars and picked the 2014 Corolla. Spencer did not pressure me and he ultimately worked with me to get me a good price on the car. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to talk to. Melissa over in finance was awesome as well. I love my new car and glad I was able to walk out the door with it! I highly recommend Spencer - you will not be dissappointed! :)

Reviews of Spencer Herrera