Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

2015 SUV BUYER
5/12/2015

"Great car buying experience"

Bought my car from this dealership in 2008. I had a good experience then. This year I wanted a bigger vehicle. I went online then I got a phone call and email from the dealership. The sales rep Spencer was not available at the time I had wanted to go so Mr Mike G helped me. He was straight forward with me and helped me get my 2015 Highlander. I got to meet both Spencer and Mike and they were both very helpful. Pleasant buying experience. Thank you so much.

Daisy
5/06/2015

"Spencer Herrera - Cavender Toyota "

Spencer Herrera did an exceptional job through every step of our selection and purchase of the Highlander. He showed vehicles, took us for test drives, and explained every option thoroughly. He never rushed us, patiently answered every question, and kept us informed of the status and expected arrival of our vehicle. It is our second purchase from Spencer and we would definitely recommend him and Cavender to our family and friends. Thank you! E J did an excellent job explaining warranty options, service plans and processing our paperwork.

Garza43
4/16/2015

"great service Julio Ortiz"

Very happy with professional sales and bought took delivery of a 2014 Prius while getting a lower paymentz. Thank you thank you thank you thank you

NatalieB
3/11/2015

"Just a great experience in all!"

My family has purchased about seven vehicles from Cavender Toyota in the 17 years we have been in San Antonio. Each visit to Cavender is always a wonderful experience and I absolutely recommend working with Spencer Herrera. He was able to get me everything I wanted in my 2014 Yaris as well as the monthly payment I felt comfortable with, without much back and forth at all. I also worked with Chris (not sure of his last name) in finance and I felt as though he really worked hard to get what I needed. I was in and out within 3 hours! I am extremely happy with the service I received at Cavender and will be sending my fiance their way when he is ready for a new vehicle!

Chris (in finance)

LexusBuyers
12/27/2014

"Poor Customer Service: Not what we expected, or deserved"

My husband and I did not buy the used Lexus from Cavender Toyota because Ruben Davilla told us that the car "was sold" while we were reviewing financing options. His tone and demeanor told us to "leave and not come back." We were shocked, and before we could say anything, we were being walked to our car thinking "what just happened?" We couldn't believe that anyone, even a team leader, could be so rude. He didn't say, "sorry, you can't afford this car with that budget" or " it is out of your price range", or "why don't you look at this car over there?" We all new that the car had NOT indeed been sold. His rudeness told us it was a lie and we were no longer welcome there...Who does that? This is a warning to all conscientious and considerate used car buyers. Our experience was as normal as anybody else's. This could have been you: We found a car and price we loved at TrueCar.com, went to our bank and got a pre-approved loan, and prepared our current car for a possible trade-in. We thought we were doing the right thing and were prepared to buy, or wait, depending on how everything went at the dealership. We loved the car, waited through all the paperwork and questions, but when the price started going above what we had planned, we had to step back and rethink things. Apparently, they didn't like that, or just us, and decided to terminate the relationship-- like pulling the tablecloth out from under us at a restaurant!

Ruben Davilla

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

December 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and recount of your experience at our dealership. We apologize the vehicle that interested you had been purchased by another customer before your agreement to all figures, as well as for being unable to assist you in finding a suitable substitute vehicle. We regret how the events of your visit transpired, and you have allowed us a learning experience to ensure the service we provide our clients is elevated in the future. Again, thank you for your review.

Creativem
12/07/2014

"It doesn't come any easier than Cavender"

We drove through the lot and found a Prius we liked. Then went back to the dealership and met Josh. He even drove us around the lot looking for a silver one like we wanted but we were more focused on the interior and got just what we wanted. There was never pressure by Josh just a very friendly respect. We filled out papers and that was a very pleasant experience with Jeff also, They really worked with us to meet our needs and by doing so . Made a great car sale. We were in and out in 3 hours. I don't know how they do it but I'm glad they do.

Josh Navarette

klairdtx
12/03/2014

"Best Car Buying Experience Ever!"

Recently totaled my 2011 Avalon and called all San Antonio area Toyota dealers to get info on 2011 and 2014. Told each salesperson that I was looking for their best price and that I would visit the top two as I sustained some injuries and was trying to save time. Visited one dealer and the salesperson was very nice and price was good. Visited Cavender and was lucky enough to find Julio Ortiz! He was professional, knowledgeable, experienced and honest (and patient). My husband and I have now bought 8 Toyotas over the last fourteen years for ourselves and children from several dealers including Cavender but have never had such an easy, pleasant experience as we did last week. Price on 2014 was about $500 less than other dealer and the 2011 was perfect and priced much less than prices I got over the phone by as much as $2,000. Feel like I got a great car at a great price but most of all found the best car salesperson in San Antonio!

katy k
11/04/2014

"watch out"

Came to this dealership because of the specials they were running on the camrys only to find out they were "sold out"when we got there and I've read on other reviews they said the same thing to them....so looked at some other cars they had and found one we wanted...they got us started on the paperwork and while we were waiting some other salesman got his paperwork done before ours and sold the car we were buying to somebody else! We had been at that dealership hours before those people ever got there and the managers excuse was there paperwork got done before ours so they got the car even though we were there FIRST buying the car! Who runs a busness like that! I even asked our salesman were we going to have any trouble because they were looking at the car after us and he said quote"no problems because we were already getting the car first and had already started the paperwork". After trying to leave after that rediculous ordeal they tried to get us to buy another car with a hole in the bumper as is and when we had beyond enough of that and told them no they followed us to our vehicle BEGGING us to buy something. and the fact that the manager let the employee steal another employees sale when im sure they make a living off commision just shows how they not only treat their customers with disrespect but they treat the staff and eachother the same way *****o and now 2 days later after this happened the salesmen helping us called three times asking if we were coming back in to buy something and after telling him no all three times because he called from different numbers and told him to never call us again he sent a text message to our phone saying that we were threatening him and he wasnt going to stop calling us until his manager told him to stop...so we blocked his number and the other numbers they called us from....you want to talk about insane sales tactics here you go... called the general sales manager to get this to stop and to let them know how they are treating customers and no response yet...left a message *****was called back with apology so i am in a happier state from the events that went down so my one and only complaint now is watch out for the used car manager if buying a vehicle

manager

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

November 07, 2014

Katy, thank you for your feedback and relaying your experience with our dealership. We appreciate the time you took to speak with our general sales manager to voice your concerns, and we are grateful for you accepting our apologies. We regret how the events of your visit transpired, and you have allowed us to have a learning and training experience to ensure the service we provide our clients is elevated in the future. Again, thank you for speaking with us and for your comments.

BridgeK
9/29/2014

"One of the best car buying experiences"

Mike Gonzalez was a pleasure to work with. He made sure we were getting the vehicle to meet our needs. I greatly appreciate the experience with him and Jaime. Would recommend Cavender & will return to buy another vehicle if the opportunity presents itself.

Jaime

rr6235
9/03/2014

"Perfect vehicle"

I would highly recommend Cavender Toyota. I was treated very well and they had a huge selection to choose from. My salesman Nate, went far and beyond to make sure we were happy with our choices.

Nate Arzehgar