Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

Creativem
12/07/2014

"It doesn't come any easier than Cavender"

We drove through the lot and found a Prius we liked. Then went back to the dealership and met Josh. He even drove us around the lot looking for a silver one like we wanted but we were more focused on the interior and got just what we wanted. There was never pressure by Josh just a very friendly respect. We filled out papers and that was a very pleasant experience with Jeff also, They really worked with us to meet our needs and by doing so . Made a great car sale. We were in and out in 3 hours. I don't know how they do it but I'm glad they do.

Josh Navarette

klairdtx
12/03/2014

"Best Car Buying Experience Ever!"

Recently totaled my 2011 Avalon and called all San Antonio area Toyota dealers to get info on 2011 and 2014. Told each salesperson that I was looking for their best price and that I would visit the top two as I sustained some injuries and was trying to save time. Visited one dealer and the salesperson was very nice and price was good. Visited Cavender and was lucky enough to find Julio Ortiz! He was professional, knowledgeable, experienced and honest (and patient). My husband and I have now bought 8 Toyotas over the last fourteen years for ourselves and children from several dealers including Cavender but have never had such an easy, pleasant experience as we did last week. Price on 2014 was about $500 less than other dealer and the 2011 was perfect and priced much less than prices I got over the phone by as much as $2,000. Feel like I got a great car at a great price but most of all found the best car salesperson in San Antonio!

katy k
11/04/2014

"watch out"

Came to this dealership because of the specials they were running on the camrys only to find out they were "sold out"when we got there and I've read on other reviews they said the same thing to them....so looked at some other cars they had and found one we wanted...they got us started on the paperwork and while we were waiting some other salesman got his paperwork done before ours and sold the car we were buying to somebody else! We had been at that dealership hours before those people ever got there and the managers excuse was there paperwork got done before ours so they got the car even though we were there FIRST buying the car! Who runs a busness like that! I even asked our salesman were we going to have any trouble because they were looking at the car after us and he said quote"no problems because we were already getting the car first and had already started the paperwork". After trying to leave after that rediculous ordeal they tried to get us to buy another car with a hole in the bumper as is and when we had beyond enough of that and told them no they followed us to our vehicle BEGGING us to buy something. and the fact that the manager let the employee steal another employees sale when im sure they make a living off commision just shows how they not only treat their customers with disrespect but they treat the staff and eachother the same way *****o and now 2 days later after this happened the salesmen helping us called three times asking if we were coming back in to buy something and after telling him no all three times because he called from different numbers and told him to never call us again he sent a text message to our phone saying that we were threatening him and he wasnt going to stop calling us until his manager told him to stop...so we blocked his number and the other numbers they called us from....you want to talk about insane sales tactics here you go... called the general sales manager to get this to stop and to let them know how they are treating customers and no response yet...left a message *****was called back with apology so i am in a happier state from the events that went down so my one and only complaint now is watch out for the used car manager if buying a vehicle

manager

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

November 07, 2014

Katy, thank you for your feedback and relaying your experience with our dealership. We appreciate the time you took to speak with our general sales manager to voice your concerns, and we are grateful for you accepting our apologies. We regret how the events of your visit transpired, and you have allowed us to have a learning and training experience to ensure the service we provide our clients is elevated in the future. Again, thank you for speaking with us and for your comments.

BridgeK
9/29/2014

"One of the best car buying experiences"

Mike Gonzalez was a pleasure to work with. He made sure we were getting the vehicle to meet our needs. I greatly appreciate the experience with him and Jaime. Would recommend Cavender & will return to buy another vehicle if the opportunity presents itself.

Jaime

rr6235
9/03/2014

"Perfect vehicle"

I would highly recommend Cavender Toyota. I was treated very well and they had a huge selection to choose from. My salesman Nate, went far and beyond to make sure we were happy with our choices.

Nate Arzehgar

Ptristan
5/27/2014

"Great to come back to Cavender"

Have worked with Spencer before. Previously purchased 2 new vehicles with Spencer's help. Great experience here at Cavender, and WE will be back again!

HillCountryPerson
5/16/2014

"Parts Price Gouching at Cavender"

San Antonio Toyota owners beware! Cavender Toyota charges exactly 15% more for their factory Toyota parts than other area Toyota dealers. Red McCombs and Universal Toyota both wanted $102.50 for an ignition coil that fits an '06 Avalon - factory parts. Cavender charged $117.88. This same escalation applied to spark plus and rear brakes. To make matters worse, they also spent a lot of time trying to "upsell" services that you do not need. What people don't know about dealership service depts. is the service writers - known as asst. service mgrs. at Toyota dealerships - the service mgr and the GM all get a cut of the service bill. The more they sell - the more they make. The real tragedy is in many cases, the work you paid for was never done or done improperly to begin with. Also - ignore Cavenders customer service rep who like to chimes in to these negative reviews with her "we are so sorry you are not happy......". Anyone who believes her nonsense is too stupid to be alive.

Raul

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, opinions and observations; you have pointed out something we have been enthusiastically working on. For many months we have been focused on gaining the most competitive value in our market, along with providing a truly exceptional experience for our customers. We have actively shopped our competition and in so many cases have lower our pricing to be able to provide a great value to our customers. There are, however a few items we are working towards being more competitive on, as you have made note of here, and we are continuing to refine our value structure with valuable feedback such as yours. Again, we thank you for your comments, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

2anthro
3/31/2014

"Cavender Toyota was so highly recommended that I drove..."

Cavender Toyota was so highly recommended that I drove from North Austin to San Antonio to buy a new Tacoma pickup. Spencer Herrera is the ultimate professional, thoroughly knowledgeable about the truck, accommodating with my questions, never any pressure, and met my offer. I was fortunate to work with Spencer. I am 70-years old and had never bought a vehicle on my own, Spencer made the event comfortable and inspired trust. I fully recommend the dealership and Spencer Herrera. Malo Payne in finance further made the transaction comfortable and trustworthy. Another Cavender asset.

Malo Payne

BillIrwin
3/29/2014

"Dust on the brakes operation"

Be careful about the service department. They are a "dust on the brakes" operation. You know what I mean. If they find dust on the brakes they recommend a brake job. In this case we brought in my 82 year old Mother's Corolla for a starter problem. Some guy named "Shawn" was our contact. To his credit, he recommended the car go back to the 3rd party mechanic to properly fix the starter problem. However, he called my Mother and recommended $800 of maintenance including "Carbon cleaning" the engine as well as a oil leak in the gasket that he claimed was draining into the spark plug (although there was never any evidence of smoke which oil in the spark plug and piston chamber would cause). We feel he took advantage of an older lady. We didn't want maintenance done, just an examination of the starter.

HillCountryPerson
3/26/2014

"Mike Gonzalez gave my wife a great deal w/o wasting her..."

Mike Gonzalez gave my wife a great deal w/o wasting her time. He and other members of the staff went out of their way to show her all of the vehicles features. Cavender was the 4th dealer we went to. Our journey started at Toyota of Boerne which turned out to be a train wreck experience. Do not be fooled by their opulent environment. Beneath all of that is your classic slime ball dealership. I can't say much more than that for the other 2 dealerships we visited - Universal Toyota and Red McCombs Toyota. Both wasted our time and could not begin to touch Cavenders drive out price.

Reviews of Spencer Herrera