Cavender Toyota

About Cavender Toyota

GEORGE SALAZAR
5/10/2016

"Excellent experience "

Spencer went above and beyond to insure I was able to get the car that I wanted, outstanding sales rep. I will definitely see him again on my next vehicle purchase.

May 12, 2016

George, thanks for the great review and wonderful compliments of Spencer; he is one of our best. We appreciate your business, and congratulation on the purchase of your Mercedes!

xx
5/08/2016

"Great purchasing experience!"

Spencer made this transaction short and painless. The terms were more than amicable. Martin made the finance end a breeze. Would recommend to all. Great experience for once.

May 12, 2016

Alain, thank you for the great review and compliments of Spencer and Martin. We appreciate your business and congratulations on the purchase of your brand new Toyota Tundra.

Oneilm1
1/28/2016

"Horrible communication."

I had to go through numerous hoops to get into contact with anyone at this dealership in regards to a used vehicle. I had to email several times in order to get a response, and got nothing. I stated in the email that emailing was the best way to reach me, as I work during the day, and I still recieved a phone call. The salesman who reached me seemed very rushed and uninterested, he avoided giving me the detailed information over the phone even after I mentioned that I am located in Houston. After contacting several other employees, I was finally able to set up a date to go purchase the vehicle. An hour before I leave for the appointment, I called to ensure the vehicle was still there only to be told (after several calls) that he vehicle was sold the night before. I was not contacted about this. I could have already been there only to find out that the vehicle was sold. As I mentioned already, i'm located in Houston. I am livid, he communication and professionalism of the employees at this dealership leaves something to be desired. Not 5 minutes after I got off of he phone with them, I recieved a call from another dealer offering the vehicle for a lower price, with less miles. Not to mention, they are driving the vehicle over from anoher dealership over 2 hours away.

January 29, 2016

Melisa, thank you for your review and your feedback. We apologize for any miscommunication between the multiple salespeople you contacted regarding the vehicle of your interest. We will use your comments as a learning tool to improve our processes. We also apologize the one vehicle in our inventory your expressed interest in was purchased purchased by another customer prior to your visit to our dealership. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, and congratulate you on your above mentioned vehicle purchase.

Happy Car
1/24/2016

"Great Attention and perseverance"

First time buyer at Cavender Toyota. I was impressed with Ernesto Davila. His listening skills were top notch. We soon learned about my delicate financial situation. Ernesto"s experience and commitment to were second to none. I drove out with the new car. I am 2 days into driving that car and liking it a whole lot. I think I was at Cavender Toyota at the right time and working with Mr Davila made the sale feel i was in the right place.

Mary
1/23/2016

"Excellent"

I purchased a 2016 Rav4 from Cavender; Spencer is our go-to guy for sales, and has always been professional and informative. He is friendly and applies no pressure. He listens to the customer, and explains things clearly. My 2014 Rav4 had been totaled by a guy who ran a red light, and Spencer was efficient in helping me acquire a new vehicle. My husband and I have bought 5 or 6 cars from Cavender since 1991. Spencer has handled the last several purchases, and he has always been helpful in every way.

January 26, 2016

Mary, thanks for the great review and we appreciate your repeated business!

kennethcalk
1/19/2016

"Shady Pricing Practices"

I contacted this dealership (via email) on 1/15/2016, interested in a Toyota Tundra. Shortly after contacting them, I received an auto response email listing their current new vehicle specials, followed by a response from their internet sales manager Mario. In that auto response email, the dealership advertised $10k off left over 2015 Tundras. I responded to Mario asking if they do in fact have $10k off the 2015 Tundras. His initial response was “We do have $10k off the 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 editions.” Now this is the first shady practice by this dealership. When you check their inventory, you will see they do not even have any 2015 1794 editions. So if I went to the dealership thinking they had some 2015 1794 trucks with $10k off, I would not be able to purchase one. It is simply a tactic they use to get you to their dealership. And I will show further proof of this tactic. The email clearly said $10k off ALL 2015 Toyota Tundras. So I responded to Mario stating this. His exact response was “Congratulations, not everyone will receive that email, we do not have many 2015 Tundras left over and I would like for you to take advantage of the $10,000 off of our remaining Tundras.” I’m not sure what he meant by “not everyone will receive that email.” I received that email as an auto response when I originally emailed their dealership. Ignoring the fishiness of this $10k off tactic, I decided to visit the dealership on 01/16/2016 and get an Out the Door price on one of the left over 2015 Tundras. I checked their inventory which showed they still had 9 available. When I got there, they told me all they had was just one left. It was parked in front of the dealership and was a 2015 Platinum edition, msrp $47k. I wanted to make sure the truck would then be $37k plus tt&l. They assured me they do not add on any dealership fees, prep fees, document fees, etc. The truck would be $37k plus tt&l. The next step was to value my trade-in. And this is where their $10k off tactic occurs. I brought them my trade so they could value it. Before they would even give me an offer, they called up my financial institution to find out how much I still owed on the car. This is a very shady practice as they used this number to offer a lower amount. Any dealership who wants to know how much you owe before offering you an amount is just shady. The KBB trade-in value on my car is $26,229 to $28,888. The dealership offered me $24k on my trade in. The fair purchase price on my car is almost $32k. And this is the value of the car in stock form. My car has many expensive upgrades that this dealership wants on the car. They told me if I wanted to take these upgrades off the car, it would decrease their trade-in offer. Here is how dealerships like this work: -They will advertise something like this, say $10k off ALL 2015 Tundras. -When you ask them about it, they will try and say it is on certain trims (example 1794) -When you call them out on that, they will say something stupid like “congratulations, not everyone blah blah blah…” -They convince you to go to their dealership with this $10k off offering -They don’t want to lose $10k by selling the truck so they try and make it up elsewhere, I.E. your trade-in -They will over you $24k on your trade-in that is worth $28k (trade-in value) and $32k market value -They then make $8k off your trade-in, so they make $8k off of you. -They then only sold a left over 2015 model for $2k off MSRP When I questioned them about why they are not offering KBB value, they responded with “kbb is just a guide” and “kbb is not buying your car, we are.” But then when you go to their website, they advertise kbb used car guide on their webpage. This dealership is another stereotypical dealership that uses shady tactics. Don’t fall for it. Look at the overall picture before purchasing from them. If they offer $10k off, see where they are trying to make it up. Don’t be a sucker and let them make money off of you. I didn’t even get to the financing stage but I bet they try and screw people over there as well. If you do decide to buy from this shady dealership, I recommend getting preapproved through your bank first. If they are shady with pricing, they are probably shady with the financing. They probably add on 2% interest when they arrange financing for you. Legally they can do this to you and you would never know unless you went and get pre-approved elsewhere first.

Mario Camarillo

January 26, 2016

Kenneth, thank you for your review, and we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. We thank you for speaking with our management team and allowing us to clarify any misunderstandings, and we are glad to have been able to work out the figures to allow you to purchase your new Toyota Tundra from our dealership. Again, thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business.

laura
1/15/2016

"Professional and courteous"

During the purchase of my 2016 Highlander, everyone involved was helpful, patient and courteous. The attention to details and professionalism was obvious from associate. Everyone went above and beyond to see that my needs were met and or exceeded. Each purchase of a new Toyota from Cavender has been surpassed by the next, which is why I continue to return! The leadership and training provided by, Stephen Cavender is apparent and starts at the top. Thank you for everything!

Stephen, David, Malo, and many more

January 26, 2016

Laura, thanks for the great review and we appreciate your repeated business!

fatuvale
1/07/2016

"Professional, Personable, no Pressure"

My wife and I have nothing but accolades for the staff and members we came into contact with during our purchase of a used vehicle (which wasn't a Toyota) at Cavender Toyota. And although we only purchased used our encounter was first rate – an encounter for which we were appreciative after having traveled from Colorado; a fact which was not lost on them. For example, although the dealership was bustling with customers we were left with the impression we were the most important. From the our initial encounter with Sales Consultant Mario Camarillo over the phone to make our appointment to our initial handshake with Ernest Johnson, Team Leader and Sales Manager who took the time to walk a not inconvenient distance from one part of the facility to our location (on more than one occasion) just to meet and greet us and introduce us to our Sales Consultant, David Alcorta who would guide us through the process in a very professional and personable manner, sans pressure. Especially commendable was the manner in which David would not allow the process to continue until sure we were comfortable; exhibiting patience for which my wife was greatly appreciative. Finally, additional follow up phone calls to ensure we were happy resulted in prompt actions and lend to my confidence that we have a relationship with Cavender Toyota. I offer this review as an experienced car buyer over 50 years old. I would highly recommend these gentlemen and this business and would deal with them again at first opportunity.

Ernest Johnson, David Alcorta, Mario Camarillo

January 07, 2016

Dexter, thank you for your comments and the great review. We're happy to hear you had a truly exceptional experience buying your vehicle, and that you're excited to be a part of the Cavender Toyota family. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate your business.

Alb54mor74
12/25/2015

"Cavender Experience"

Thank you Spencer for making the purchase of our Highlander such a great experience! It went very smoothly and we appreciate your patience and time. It is quite apparent that the Cavender family is very respected and well liked by their employees. We will certainly recommend Cavender Toyota to family and friends as the place to purchase their vehicles.

Donna

December 31, 2015

Green green car
11/25/2015

"Everything I Wanted!"

Spencer was such a wonder man to deal with. Knowledgable and patient, I never felt pressured and he took care of all the details of financing, looking for the best deal for me. The car is everything I wanted and he has kept in contact to make certain I am able to get the most out of my new Prius. I'll never use another dealer!

December 22, 2015