Cloninger Ford of Hickory

1241 Highway 70 East,
Hickory, North Carolina 28602
Cloninger Ford of Hickory Info
About Cloninger Ford of Hickory

We are the oldest and best Ford dealership serving Catawba, Caldwell, Alexander, Burke and Lincoln Counties! We offer new Ford Cars, Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers. Search for all new 2011 and 2012 Ford, including E-Series Cargo Van, E-Series Wagon, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, F-250 Super Duty, F-350 Super Duty, F-450 Super Duty, Fiesta, Flex, Focus, Focus Sedan, Fusion, Mustang, Ranger, Taurus, Transit Connect. Find your dream car from our Ford showroom of cars, trucks, SUVs and Crossovers or search our new Ford inventory to see what is on our lot, get new car pricing and free Ford price quotes. View our used car inventory, including our Certified pre-owned Ford vehicles.

About Cloninger Ford of Hickory

Steph7394
2/09/2016

"What great, friendly service!!"

Ford's have always been a family preferred vehicle, so naturally our family chose Cloninger Ford of Hickory when looking for our daughters first vehicle. Dave Smith exceeded our expectations with his cheerful personality and ability to answer all of our questions while helping her pick out a vehicle that met her "check list". Soon as she brings home that report card that she's working ao hard on, our family will definitely be back!! Thanks Dave!!

Debbie Dickey
10/22/2015

"Greatest experience ever"

Since I bought my car back in Janurary of 2014, I have had nothing but great service from Cloninger Ford of Hickory. I bought a new 2014 Focus and I love the car. I had to take it in to get my clutch repaired and right away Cloninger had me a Rental car. Then I went back to get my remote start put on my car and since the guy wasn't available at that time, I was given a service car. Today, I had to get a small scuff out of the back of my car that happened when it was there and they were fixing it as soon as I said I had time. The great customer service I received was the best. I've never been to a dealership that would treat you like this. Cloningers manager Bobby had them pick up my car, while I was at work and brought it back in what seemed like no time. Not only did they bring it back to me where I couldn't even tell where the scruff had been but it was washed. Now that's Customer Service. I would gladly recommend Cloninger to everyone and I will definitely be purchasing my next new vehicle from them.

ReneeZ
9/10/2015

"BIG SMILEY FACE!!!"

First time I did not believe I would be driving out with a new car a Ford Focus 2014 so I was in shock. Second time I go in for a Auto repairing recall and oil change etc. And to my surprise again a car I wanted but could not afford at that time last year I drove out again with a Ford Fusion 2016. That Eric Smith is a Rock Star! A professional, and he truly does care about his customers! I would only buy, and suggest to everyone that is interested in buying a car ask for Eric Smith I found him to be truthful and if he can find any deals he will seek to find it for you. To Eric get Ford to do lady colors like pastels pink and purples LOL.. Renee Zachary

NC
8/29/2015

"Lack of courtesy & professionalism"

After driving an hour to look at a vehicle, I was very disappointed in the treatment that I received at this dealership. I was assisted by Zack Queen, and he was rude before we even visited the lot to look at the vehicle which we were interested in potentially purchasing. I was very up-front with Mr. Queen and told him that we were looking at a newer vehicle at another dealership, but were more interested in the particular vehicle at his dealership if they were willing to be flexible (at all) on the price. He responded, "well, then why did you drive all of the way up here?". After making a special trip on a weekday morning to see the car, his arrogant tone was unprofessional and completely unnecessary. He also took a call which appeared to be from another customer and put the phone down momentarily to avoid having to listen to her speak- again, this was unprofessional (especially when sitting in front of a potential customer). I drove the vehicle, and we went back to the office to discuss the final price. I told him that it was perfectly fine if the price could not be adjusted, and we would go with the other vehicle that weekend. I was not disappointed in the dealership's inability to change the price as much as I was disheartened to be treated as though I was simply an inconvenience. My husband and I have looked for a new vehicle at 4 other dealerships in the last couple of weeks, and no other salesman/woman treated me in this way. I really hate to write a negative review, but I felt like others should know what to possibly expect from this dealership.

Zack Queen

Jcasper
8/18/2015

"Best first car buying experience!!"

Cloninger Ford Dealership was the right way to go... I purchased a 2014 certified pre-owned Ford Fusion titanium hybrid and I'm in love with it! David Wilson was VERY helpful and made my entire car buying experience worth wild! He worked hard to make sure I was 100% satisfied! He went out of his way to make me feel welcome and God Bless him for that! I will definitely recommend Cloninger Ford Dealership for people in need of a car, and highly recommend David Wilson, as he will make sure you are happy with your choice of car!

David Wilson

Dab261
7/06/2015

"Great job done"

Recently moved to NC from Ohio had a transmission problem on my 2013 focus no dealer in Ohio would fix it Kyle at cloninger took a look and got it fixed same day great job

Kyle houser

AL
6/10/2015

"Very Happy with Cloninger Ford"

I went to Cloninger Ford of Hickory about 2 weeks ago to get my 2012 Ford Fusion serviced ;regular oil change tires rotated etc . While there I decided to look at the new Ford Focus. I bought the first one I picked out because of it's looks and color and especially after I drove it. It fits like a glove and rides like a much bigger car. This was a tough decision since I was so satisfied with my Ford Fusion which was averaging 32 MPG in the Mountains .My Sales person Scott Smith and the staff did an excellent job. This is my second new Ford from Cloninger. .My sales person Scott Smith and the staff did an excellent job

Scott Smith

webb donnie
6/09/2015

"EVALUATION"

I PURCHASED A 2014 TRUCK FROM TIM THOMAS. TIM IS A GOOD MAN WITH GOOD SALESMAN SKILLS. I FELT NO PRESSURE TO BUY. FACTS WERE LAID OUT FOR ME TO MAKE THE FINAL DECISION. CALLEDME LATER TO SEE IF I WAS SATISFIED AND HAD ANY MORE QUESTIONS. THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR TIM AND CLONINGER FORD. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. BRUCE SENTER

Escapees
6/09/2015

"A great experience!"

We were in the dealership on Memorial Day! Even though the place was full of customers, John Deal was more than willing to help us find that "right" vehicle. We were treated with courtesy and were given all the time we needed to make our selection. Thank you John Deal for all your help! We love our new car!!!!

Janet
6/08/2015

"Excellent service!"

Went looking to trade for a vechile with some room and came home with an Escape!! Mr. John Deal saw that I was taken care of from looking through the whole process of buying. I appreciate his time and concern of taking care of his customers! This is the second vechile I've purchased from Ford through him and will return and recommend him and this dealership to anyone!!!

Reviews of Dave Smith