Cloninger Ford of Hickory

Tim Thomas

David O'Renick, Sales, Cloninger Ford of Hickory

David O'Renick

March 01, 2017

"Most horrible experience ever at dealership."

- Lori

Walked into this dealership to inquire about a new used vehicle was talked interested signing for a car that was price right because it was at their auction. Was told it was in Greenville however he it was in Pennsylvania. Bought the car Monday received car sat, due to shipping issues, so I'm told. The car gets here needs brakes, rotars, bumper painted, wheels have been hit well 2 of them by curbs I suspect. But t the best is when I drive it down the road and the strong wheel shakes terribly when you get to 60 miles per hr. So the take the car decide to send me to get the tires. I drive 30 mins from my house to get tires and they only have 2 so then I have to plan another day to get the other two. Mean while they take the car back at the dealership and return it to me with the shake still on going even though Dave said they test drive it. So then they tell me it needs struts, this is a 2013 with 34,000 miles. So after all that I tell them I don't want the car, which the general manager said I didn't have to take a car I didn't want at this point I didn't want! They make me take my car back (the one I traded and owed 6,0000 at 4 percent interest. They made me take it back for 6300, and at 7.99 percent interest. So NO DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALER. This is only part of a the story more is they didn't call when they said they would. Dave asked me to come look at another car, I get there and the car isn't there. But the best is when I go to get my car back and they have brought the wrong one back from auction. Because un be known to me a person can just blindly go back to auction to retrieve any white car with out even needing a vin number....right! And last adding insult to injury, Dave smith said I'll get your car cleaned up and filled up for you. Now to be fair it was cleaned but not filled up just one of many promises not kept. So this who you deal with and how your dealt with at this dealership. And for me to write this review is huge because I'm not a writer or a blogger, I actually don't like writing.

February 09, 2017

"Worst service I've ever had"

- Chuck

Bought used vehicle from them. Had problems within the first week, took it in and they said it was fixed, replaced one of the coil packs. Drove home and started missing again. Took back this time for same problem. Had to take back 3 times for the same issue in the same amount of weeks. Now that my warranty is out 3 months later it's doing the same thing. Instead of replacing all the coil packs after the second or third time they Just did what was needed to get buy. Now I'll have to spend the money to repair it correctly and the are out a customer and I will warn people not to buy a vehicle from them.

January 26, 2017

"Damage done to my vehicle every time there for service "

- Mac13

This service Dept has destroyed the clear coat on my new vehicle, covered my seats with grease, along with the doors, dash and headliner. Tore my new transmission out and replaced a part instead of whole new transmission in a new car. Still not running right. Never got the grease out of the interior. Couldn't care less about the damage they've done.

New 2017 Ford F-350, $67945