Covert Cadillac

11750 Research Blvd ,
Austin, Texas 78759
Covert Cadillac Info
About Covert Cadillac

We have been in business for over 100 years! Let us earn your business by providing you with the "Ultimate Luxury Experience". In 1909 Frank M. Covert Sr. opened the first automobile dealership in Central Texas and has been provinding the best possible customer service since. Since 1909, we have become a five generation family-owned and operated business. Make an appointment today and see why the Covert Family deserves to earn your business.

About Covert Cadillac

krlangley959
5/20/2015

"Knowledgeable and pleasant experience"

Covert is an awesome dealership! It was the first time in all my years of car buying where I didn't spend at least part of my time being frustrated. My salesman was John Newton. He has only been with the dealership a few months but he was engaging, knowledgeable and made sure my experience was pleasant. The entire purchase went smoothly and they didn't try to "haggle' with me. The prices are great and they are very straightforward. I definitely recommend them to anyone that wants an honest and straightforward car buying experience.

John Newton

usedcarbuy
5/20/2015

"Cory Rutherford - Easy process, Great experience, Great guy"

We were looking into new/used cars recently and found a couple through Covert Cadillac online. I contacted the sales team and had the pleasure to talk and deal with Cory Rutherford as our salesman. Cory went above and beyond any expectation I had coming into this process. He was very genuine, told us everything we needed to look for and do, but also gave us assurance about certain cars and ideas from our price range and what we were ultimately looking for in a vehicle. I would highly recommend Cory for anyone looking for a new or used vehicle. Even if it is outside the Cadillac name, Cory will do everything in his power to find that car you're looking for and be accommodating to your budget. Overall a great & pleasurable experience.

deca246
5/09/2015

"More than a dealer Cory Rutherford is my friend."

I cant write this review without first giving the history of my relationship with Cory Rutherford. It started 4 years ago when I was looking at a Jeep SRT8.I saw the vehicle at APPLE Sports where Cory was already the top guy there. I didn't have a ton of money, my credit was shaky due to a divorce and Cory treated me like we knew each other for years. He put me in his car, took me to a local mechanic where I saw a beautiful Mercedes C230 Sport AMG package. I told him no way. Well, 2 hours later Cory was bringing me my paperwork up to my job and I couldn't of made a better purchase. Fast forward 2015, I still have my car but my fiancé is driving a beat up mini van. Cory Rutherford left Apple(their loss) and went to Covert and we have been in touch over the years and he remained a great friend. Well again, not a ton of money, credit could be better and today 5/9/2015 my fiancé is driving the VW CC Sport class. For anyone reading this review thinking oh he's a buddy of course he's going to say these things, your DAMN RIGHT!!! Corey didn't know me, we became friends but Corey treats everyone like family. Cory if you are reading this you have made my girl the happiest woman on the planet. To anyone looking at buying a car, do yourself a favor, GO SEE COREY RUTHERFORD. Cory will work magic and you will be in the seat of your new ride years later thinking how did that guy do what he did, with what little I had. I love you CR! Steve

Cory,Rutherford

omo
5/06/2015

"Excellent & Friendly Man (CORY RUTHERFORD IS THE MAN) "

From the 1st day we met him, he knows the business, will not pressure us or hassle and went out of his way to secure us what we want, constantly on top of it all until the deal was closed we will certainly recommend this GUY to all our friends & family. Regards. Gregg O. Sr.

CORY RUTHERFORD, MIKE NITE.

SuperDuty73
5/06/2015

"Easy and pleasant buying experience"

Cory Rutherford was very responsive to all my questions and eagerly pursued options to help meet my purchasing requests. I will definitely be calling Cory at Covert Cadillac for assistance with my next vehicle purchase.

Won
4/28/2015

"Thanks Cory..."

Cory Rutherford was my first time contact to Cadillac sales and I really appreciate his kindness. He recommended me to find the right and perfect car and the perfect deal. I would definitely recommend this dealership. Thanks Cory.

Dealerrater123
4/20/2015

"Awesome Experience!"

Cory Rutherford was our sales associate and we truly appreciate him going out of his way to work with us! He worked around our crazy work schedule and all of staff were friendly. We live an hour away from the dealership and they were awesome about helping us to find the right car and the perfect deal! I would definitely recommend this dealership!

katii0912
4/17/2015

"Used cars not properly maintenanced before sold"

I bought my Used Honda from Covert back in late October. My husband and I were very happy with the service we got, and i love my car. However not but 5 months later my car started making a grinding metal noise. So i took my car in to get serviced at Honda (Because thats what the covert service depart recommended when i called them about it) I was thinking the wheel baring was going out and it was just that time to get my car worked on. However Honda told me that it was not a wheel baring, infact it was my back braking system. They said my back brakes were metal on metal and the rotors were in bad shape too. I was quite surprised considering when i bought the car my back brakes were supposed to be at 5mm and my front were at 7mm. (front brakes are now at 3mm) They said it was very strange that if that was the case, that my back brakes could ware down faster then my front. So fast that my rotors were messed up. Basically i would of had to have been driving around with my Emergency brake on for the last 5 months to achieve that. So whoever did the report on the back brakes either lied or made a mistake, because they could not have been more then 1 or 2 mm when i bought it. (in which case they should have been changed) I called Covert, and talked to 3 people. The service manager did admit that that was not normal for the back brakes to do that, but that it was out of his control to make a call on weather i could be reimbursed for the expense. So then i talked to the used car sales manager and he was completely rude to me, and on top of that didnt know a thing about cars. He said me driving 11,000 miles in my car would ware down my back brakes. Even though the front brakes of a car are what you use!!! 11,000 miles on a car would NEVER ware down brakes that were 5mm all the way down until my rotors were toast, while the front brakes are still just fine. From there i talked to the general manager who was nice, but also didnt know anything about cars (and admitted it). So they refused to pay for something that was so outright their fault. I would NEVER buy another car from them again. Its sad, because my husband is in the market for a new work truck (which he drives all over the US and has never had to do back brakes in 4 years, and this is a 4 door long bed diesel 2500!!!) we are going to avoid covert like the plague they are from now on and so is my family who cannot believe what happen. I will however go back to Honda who was wonderful and even paid for my rental car when they didnt have to. Excellent service at Honda!

Eric (used car sales manager)

Covert Cadillac responded to this review

April 30, 2015

Unfortunately, “wear and tear” items are not typically covered by factory warranty (this would include but not be limited to: brakes, batteries, hoses, belts, etc..) even on New cars. This vehicle was purchased Pre-Owned as an ”As-is” vehicle. Here at Covert Cadillac, we perform an extensive 172-point inspection on all vehicles that we retail. We also, give our Customer’s the opportunity to have a “3rd Party” inspection performed at their request (which is signed at time of delivery). At the time of inspection, the rear brakes on this 2011 Honda Crosstour were at 5mm (more than double of what passes the State’s minimum of 2mm). Over the course of the 5 months of ownership and the 11,000 miles added to the 74,125 miles at the time of purchase, it is possible that the brakes wore abnormally fast based on driving style. Also, according to several sites on the internet, the Honda Crosstour has had a premature rear brake wearing issue since 2008 which can demand earlier than expected brake replacement and/or rotor issues. According to these sources, the issue was remedied in 2012 on the newer models. Covert Cadillac has always and will continue to always perform our inspections with due diligence and offer our Customers a quality vehicle at a fair price.

Ethonomics
4/15/2015

"They put the serve back in service."

Cory Rutherford was my salesman. He is exemplary of the service and ethics that is lacking in the typical used car experience. He is par excellence in his field. On the date of purchase, I knew that I had someone I could call and count on should any problems arise and the backing of a successful dealership that is willing and able to go the extra mile. They replaced the battery on my vehicle without want of compensation. There is a reason Covert has built a name for themselves in the Austin area. I will buy my next car here. My experience with Jerry Duran in the financing department was professional, thorough, and informative which are necessary when making important financial decisions.

Beegee444
4/01/2015

"Easy, Fair, and Honest"

I walked into Covert Cadillac on a routine sales drop in. I was there to sell them my product. Joe Joseph greeted me, having no idea that I was actually in the market for a new car. My luxury vehicle was 8 years old and I had been treated horribly at the local dealership when I shopped the prospect of upgrading and staying with the same make. Joe knew that I was there on business and took his time to get to know me and what I was trying to accomplish with the Covert Auto Group. As a salesman who is there to sell cars, his unselfish use of his time had me thinking that I would absolutely buy my car from him. As the conversation shifted to looking at new Cadillacs I found that there was a new ATS with a 2.0 Turbo engine that met my needs for practicality, performance, and great gas milage. I was treated beyond the expectations with respect and true concierge service from the test drive to the delivery. Covert has the Mom and Pop local business feel with all the extras you would expect from a luxury dealership. Everyone on the staff interacts like a family and they treat the customer as such as well. It's much more comfortable than the railroad approach so many dealerships take today. The best part was there was no haggling on price. They offered me a fair trade in value on the first proposal. I did not feel gouged on the sales price or the trade offer. They showed me right off the bat that they wanted and valued my busines. I am not one to write reviews, but this experience stood out as the most positive buying experience I have had in buying a car and I gladly recommend that anyone go see them when in market for a vehicle. Local and family run is always the way to go!

Reviews of Christopher Tropiano