Read Reviews Covina Valley Kia

Manufacturers: Kia, Service Center

4.1

4.2

based on 28 reviews

Overall
4.2

4.2 out of 5

39 lifetime reviews

Covina Valley Kia

None of this dealership's employees have received reviews. Be the first to write a review.

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Covina Valley Kia

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Covina Valley Kia has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

Our Location

7/14/2014 5:52:39 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Employee(s) Dealt With:
Who knows? The service adviser didn't introduce himself. First red flag. Lack of basic manners.

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

I recently bought a new Kia at an out-of-state dealership. After only one month, the left side of the bumper is starting to become unattached from the rest of the car. I made an appointment at Covina Valley Kia, and the service adviser dismissed it as a body shop issue, rather than as a manufacturing defect. Of course, this would put the financial burden on me, not Kia. He stated that my car must have been hit even though he could not find any evidence to support that conclusion. He quickly dismissed me. He even stated, "Plastic doesn't dent," when I asked him where he thinks I was hit. This service adviser clearly didn't want to deal with my situation and admit that this was probably a manufacturing error. I contacted the dealership through their website and have not been contacted by the service manager. This service department has no idea what customer-oriented service is.

"Horrible Customer Service"

saraswatia
7/7/2014 4:19:37 PM

Sal Daoud

1.4

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

BOTTOM LINE: Customer Service here is VERY BAD! They will treat you somewhat nicely when you want to buy/ lease a car and after that they don't care about you anymore. They basically turn their back on you once you have problem with your car. ALL they say is its your own responsibility and anything can happen. Even if it is less than a week of ownership. I would NOT recommend you to go to this place at all. I wouldn't come back at all I'll probably find some other KIA dealership for my service.

I have no problem working with Sal (sales) because he was pretty helpful and tries to help solve your problem but everyone else just seemed like they don't care. Sal helped me get a new car and calls me couple of time asking if I was satisfied with the car.

I recently leased 2015 Kia Sorento. The whole paper work process took 5 hours. On top of that, the day I got the car, I realized they gave a wrong spare key- they gave me KIA Optima spare key instead when I have leased a Sorento. I have to go back to the dealership, waited for a long time for assistance and they finally exchanged it for the correct one. They said give us a five star rating and we will give you a free car wash.

Less than a week later, there is a problem with my tire. The service department said that the tire is leaking air because they found a pinhole INSIDE the wall of the tire. They keep telling us it is our own responsibility to make sure everything is okay with the car but how do you make sure when something it is an internal problem. I would understand that if a nail is found OUTSIDE the tire then I would willingly pay for a new one but this is clearly not my fault. They said anything can happen when you bring the car out of the dealership. The way they handled this situation was also HORRIBLE, I have never ever in my life received this kind of bad customer service. They could have said "hey check with the tire warranty company or I will see what I can do." but instead they just say there is nothing else we can do and you have to buy a new tire. Make sure you guys check EVERY single detail of your car because they will say you are responsible with everything the moment you step out the dealership. We had to pay over $160 for a brand new Kumho tire because there is nothing they can do. This is not even a week of ownership yet. Imagine what would happen if it is over a month..... They will probably give you a worse service.

Twitter
"just wait a looooong time for signing the contract......."

haochen
1/30/2014 5:51:29 PM

SIERRA & steven

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

just wait a looooong time for signing the contract.... both of sierra and steven were good service ....price good ... APR good ....but when I went there last time , the saleman name Chris gave me a jerky face without smile ., I don't know why . maybe I said I have no money to pay today or he just helped steven to service us so maybe not commission ? I don't know````but anyway finally got my new car ```
actually , the relationship is so so so so easy``` I get the car , u get commission (salary) . ....

Twitter
"Marco was an amazing car sales man he was personal,..."

Laelatec
8/22/2013 9:13:10 PM

Marco

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

Marco was an amazing car sales man he was personal, friendly and just so amazing. He remembered me after a couple of months I had come by to check out the Kia Souls and he remembered me and all that I loved about the car. He gave me a really great deal and I so nice and I highly recommend his services. Even the finance manager was amazingly nice and helpful he really explained everything well so that I understood all the numbers. I love Covina Valley kia

Twitter
"I recently had a very pleasant buying experience at..."

carbuyer535474
8/1/2013 4:29:10 PM

Adrian

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

I recently had a very pleasant buying experience at Covina Valley Kia dealing with Adrian. He was friendly, answered all my questions and patiently showed me a number of vehicles and helped me until I found the right one. The dealership had a great selection of cars and colors, everyone I came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The finance process was not too lengthy but it was very thorough and I was really happy with the end result. I was also impressed because Adrian took the time to familiarize me with the many features on my new car before I drove off. I was amazed and appreciative. I will recommend Adrian and Covina Valley Kia to all my friends.

Twitter
"I bought a used car and i had some problems with it. The..."

syedsyed
7/11/2013 11:45:16 AM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
christian and service manager

2.2

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

I bought a used car and i had some problems with it. The service department were very rude when i was not satisfied with their work. my car was damaged by them and they accused me that i damaged the car myself.i cant believe the service i was given. i bought this car which was not cheap and its not even 2 weeks having the car and i have so many problems. i will not bring my car for service here i prefer the honda dealer they give me very good service. although the finance department was very helpful in helping me to resolve my problem and i really appreciate their help. i hope the service department will improve their service otherwise they will loose alot of business. thanks alot finance department for your help i will need your help again soon. Its a shame to pay alot for a car and not even pay the first car payment and already something wrong with the car the service department manager could have been more understanding. this is the worst experience i have ever had with any car dealer and the first experience that was bad. I bought my car here because first impression with the salesperson was very good and financing department but the service department killed my whole good expectation. I am very sorry but they need some help with customer service. thanks alot

Twitter
"Excellent customer service. Everyone was super friendly...."

JennyMari
7/8/2013 1:17:06 PM

James

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

Excellent customer service. Everyone was super friendly. James was awesome!!! He was very helpful and informative. He really took the time to go over the car and answer any possible question I could have. I had been to the All Star Kia dealership earlier in the day, and the difference between the dealerships is night and day. Here I really appreciated that they did everything they could to make me feel comfortable, and they really worked with me to make a great deal. I never felt hassled or harrassed. I would definately recommend going to this dealership, especially first time buyers like myself.

Twitter
"Met Steve Kanady in Dec., wasn't quite ready to buy. ..."

santoyol
6/23/2013 6:58:41 PM

Steven Kanady
Hugo Diaz and Jess (provides valuations on trade-ins
I believe.

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

Met Steve Kanady in Dec., wasn't quite ready to buy. He kept in touch for 6 mos. and I finally went to see him. He did his best to work with my financial situation, assisted with my trade-in. I had brought in an ad and he explained it to me and found a car that we test drove and thought would suit my needs. Everyone at this dealership was friendly, thoughtful and easy to work with. I would recommend this dealership to anyone needing to buy/lease a car. The pricing is fair. Because Steve kept in touch with me, he was the one I asked for when I came in. He had patience and took the time to answer any and all my questiions and did all he could to assist me.

Twitter
"AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP!! This is the worst place to get a..."

truestory06
6/23/2013 2:59:26 AM

Josh

1.4

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP!! This is the worst place to get a car. Since I got the car I’ve been having several issues with it. First of all, all of their brand new cars are dirty from the inside and outside like if they have been already used. Signing all the paperwork took about 5 hours. They kept telling me that they were busy and that they were trying to get all the paperwork together. Then, they requested additional documents, which was fine, but they were asking for it one by one every 10 minutes. Being organized should be a priority. It took about 5 hours to finally see the financing guy and sign the contract. To my surprise when we got the car, it was still dirty and with food stains inside. They asked me to come back the next day to get it clean and assured me that I didn’t need an appointment since the service guys would already know about the issue. When I went back the first thing I was asked was if I had an appointment, but I explained the situation and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I waited 3 hours and nothing was done. When the car was ready, it came out the same way and one of the managers, Josh, apologized and asked me to come back the next day. Long story short, they offered me a rental car for the next visit and it was supposed to be just ready to pick up, but in reality you have to fill out some paperwork, put your own credit card and deal directly with the rental car company. They pay for the rental but you are still responsible of returning the car with the gas tank filled up. Was it my fault that the car they sold was dirty and all messed up? Definitely Not!!. The next day I get a call that I had to go back to finish signing some other paperwork when everything was supposed to be all done!. This was already 3 days in a row wasting time and going back to the dealership. On the other hand, they also offer a free “car wash” service “for life.” Do not waste your time using this service!! I waited for 2:15 hours to get my car washed! And again, when my car was ready, It came out with spilled oil all over. I got pictures of it, too bad I can't post them here. When I asked the service man, he just offered to take it back after wasting my time for 2 hours when they originally said would take 45 minutes. To my surprise they didn’t vacuum the inside too. I don’t know what type of management they have but this is the worst customer service I’ve seen. There are only 3 people here that seem to be doing their job but unfortunately the rest of the staff ruins their reputation. AVOID this dealership. I don’t like writing reviews but all these situations have really pissed me off. Would I buy a car from this place again? Definitely NO! Would I recommend it to a friend? Definitely NO! I would try going to the FORD, NISSAN or Honda dealerships in the area before visiting the Covina Valley Kia. I have visited the previous dealerships with friends when buying a car and they haven’t struggled this much when signing the agreements and getting their cars. You get a call a week or so after buying the car from different people from the dealership asking about the service they provided you while getting the car, but even if you tell them, they just ignore it. If the dealership is so worried about getting a “10” in the survey they send, maybe they should do a better job when training the staff and also by keeping their cars in a clean and good condition. Way to go Covina Valley Kia trying to make more customers but making them to stay away from your company by your own actions.

Response From: Covina Valley Kia
Added: 6/25/2013 5:11:15 PM

My name is Wes Parker and I am the General Manager of Covina Valley Kia and would like to talk to you in reguards to your experiance with my store. Please call me when you have a chance so I can resolve this issue for you. My number is 626-736-4275. I will wait for your call.

Wes Parker
Covina Valley KIA

Twitter
"This is my second Kia vehicle I have leased from this..."

ndirish95
6/5/2013 5:50:24 PM

Will Elliot

My Review Of Covina Valley Kia:

This is my second Kia vehicle I have leased from this dealer. My overall purchasing experience was excellent. The employees at this dealership are quite committed in providing an overall outstanding customer experience. I was not given the usual sales pitch and pushiness I had felt from other Dealerships. The customer care package and warranty are second to none. As well as, both Kia Forte's I leased. Thanks for making my choice easy in purchasing my next vehicle.

Reviews 11-20 >>