DCH Tustin Acura

Service Consultant

August 01, 2017

"Don't Trust"

- dave58

I brought my RDX in with a suspected transmission and/or oil cooler leak. Upon initial inspection it was discovered that the transmission dip stick had become dislodged and the transmission filler tube was open allowing the fluid to slosh out. Freddy assured me that the service tech would clean all of the oil and dirt from the transmission and oil cooler so they could put my car up on the service rack and check for possible other leaks. I expressed a concern that the transmission had possibly been open for an extended period of time and he assured me that the service tech would check. When I picked up my car, Freddy told me that they had installed a new transmission dip stick and had topped-off the fluid. No mention of checking the fluid for contaminates like I had requested. When I got home, I checked under the car and saw that it was still covered with old transmission fluid and dirt. How is that possible if they cleaned all of the oil and dirt from the transmission and oil cooler so they could put my car up on the service rack and check for possible other leaks. I can only conclude that either the service advisor and the service tech are not communicating with each other, or, the service advisor is not being entirely honest with me. In either case, I think I will try another Acura dealer the next time I need service.

Freddy Caraballo

July 21, 2017

"Sleazy"

- smithasaurus

Bought a terrific used car from them about a month ago. Great car, but I think they ripped me off: (1) once you drive off the lot, getting them to return your calls is difficult; (2) there were hidden undisclosed additional charges totaling a couple hundred dollars in the final paperwork - I had to find them and ask that they be removed, which they did with no explanation; and (3) I can never prove it, but I think they shredded the cashier's check I sent for full payment, so they could refer the loan to a local credit union and collect the incentive.

Barri in sales and Kim Ryan in finance

April 18, 2017

"Loaner Car"

- Kathy

I made a reservation to have my Acura serviced and requested a loaner car in the reservation. I showed up today after driving 20 mins to get there and was told that they do not "usually" give out loaner cars to people getting the A1 service I was getting. I asked them why no one told me that.....the rep checked the reservation and acknowledged that the loaner car request was in there.....yet no one told me that they were not going to give me a loaner car. Still trying to figure out who would qualify for a loaner car exception at this place. I purchased two cars from them.....guess you have to buy three....or be a man. I even spoke to the service manager who told me I should not have made my reservation on line.........then why offer this as a service? Not going back there again.

Used 2014 Kia Sorento, $11500