Dean Sellers Ford

Dean Sellers Ford
Dean Sellers Ford Info

Randy Wise Ford Inc.

Suburban Ford of Waterford

"Poor dealer prep for new vehicles"

The salesman was very anxious to make a positive impression on me when purchasing our 2014 Escape. They offered a good trade in price for me. The main complaint is the condition of the vehicle when delivered to me. Someone thought they were 'detailing' the vehicle and tried to spot fix two clear coat blemishes using rubbing compound leaving two round spots the size of a silver dollar on the drivers side door. They look like two dull spots in the clear coat finish (my guess is that what they were trying to remove would have been less noticable and they should have left them alone). Then they must have wiped down the whole vehicle with the same rag and left swirl marks all over the finish (the vehicle is black). Unfortunately, I didn't see these marks until arriving home and seeing it in the sunlight. This could have been a very positive experience if they didn't mess up the finish on the new vehicle when prepping it for delivery. Needless to say, if they mess up something as simple as just prepping a vehicle for delivery, I would not have them try to fix it only to make things worse. If you go to this dealership, ask that they do not prep/detail your vehicle and do it yourself; you will be less likely to have the finish scratched up.

Joshua Armstrong

"called to check if transport available when i brought my..."

called to check if transport available when i brought my car in...Be here by 5. Was in at 4 53 lots of money to be made on my repairs. At 509 i needed a ride home bout 3.1 miles... sorry no ride.. service manager confirmed 'no transport'. 100% satisfaction goal Leased 2 cars Explorer and F150 Lariat .. won't go back

service manager

"I took in an old Econoline for recall service. I was..."

I took in an old Econoline for recall service. I was welcomed as though I had just bought a new car and was very impressed by the facility and organization. I recently attended their new Fusion promotion and was also well looked after by Robert Gallagher in the used car section. I did end up buying a different make but that has not stopped me from wanting to write a good review as a result of the personal service I received. Thanks!

Anne Zarzycki

"I will never go to this dealership again - I happen to..."

I will never go to this dealership again - I happen to work close by which is why I choose this dealership. I had an issue with an interior part (door handle that cracked) and the service dept had to go through 3 handles (all of which kept breaking) before they told me they were going to order a new batch and would get back to me the next day. I left three business days go by before calling back and John had amnesia over my issue and I got transferred to the parts department. The parts department said they never received an order! Needless to say, I'll sacrifice convenience for quality and never go here again!

John

"Stay away from this dealer for any service. I have a..."

Stay away from this dealer for any service. I have a 2002 Ford Expy. Its old and requires some TLC and regular maintenance. I have visited them around three times as they are close to my home and wanted them to become my preferred shop. I have become more and more frustrated with their increased service bills. I have taken it in for an oil change and they do the entire Ford checkup. Somehow something else is discovered to be in need of repair on my next visit when the checkup I received showed everything to be in the "green". I can only think that they have a secret policy to ratchet up service bills so they can clear a profit. Why else wouldn't they counsel me on my vehicle to let me know that I can expect some future repairs on a certain part but have some life yet??? Especially after I told them I own and plan on maintaining it and would appreciate their insight?! They just don't care as much as any paying customer deserves. You are better off going somewhere else. Don't gamble by going to Dean Sellers.

John, Service Manager and 2 others no longer there

"My wife and I purchased a new Ford Focus which wasn't so..."

My wife and I purchased a new Ford Focus which wasn't so bad initially. Sales person (Andrea) was the only thing good about our recent purchase. When we picked up the vehicle on the delivery date we found grease stains on the back seats and other areas of the cloth upholstery. Although the problem was eventually corrected, the vehicle should have not left the service department/showroom in that condition. Since that day, I encountered a defect in the upper plastic console that required a new one. I dropped the car off for one day and had it repaired. After arriving home there was grease all over the console and the cloth headliner. The manager (Mr.Asgara) said he could not promise me a vehicle that is perfect (i.e., without grease, etc.) when it goes out the door. Again, I had to take a day off work so they could clean it up. I ask the manager if he could do extra for the my problems that I encountered and he agreed to give me an oil change and a complete auto detail. I picked up the vehicle expecting an oil change and an auto detail. When I opened the hood, the engine and compartment area was in the same condition (dirt, seedlings). Additionally, the interior cupholder, and the lower console compartment was in the same condition when I dropped it off (dirty). The vehicle was not waxed. The only detail completed was putting the car through the car wash. I went to anohter Ford dealership to have a manager inspect the car after my "detail" and he agreed with me that Dean Sellers Ford (service manager) placed no conern for my wife and I as paying customers. I would never do business with Dean Sellers Ford again. Also, the service manger has no idea how to be professional and any inkling on how to maintain a longterm business relationship with it's custormers. I will take my business elsewhere.

Service manager (Mr.Asgara)

"Diagnosed simple problem wrong (rough idle). Cost me an..."

Diagnosed simple problem wrong (rough idle). Cost me an add'l $650 to fix problem. They milked it with 2 other unnecessary repairs. Diagnosis should have picked up the problem initially of intake manifold leak. Instead I paid for two other unnecessary repairs before the problem was fixed. One repair was bearings on idler arms. Never heard of this before. When I took it to another mechanic, the other mechanic told me the diagnostic should have picked up the intake manifold as the problem on the original diag.

Service Department

"I have always been treated very well at Dean Sellers. I..."

I have always been treated very well at Dean Sellers. I take my 2005 Ford Escape and my wife's 2010 in for service all the time. I took my son's 2000 Ford Taurus in one time and it really need a lot of work. I was taken into the shop where the Tech guy explained to me what the problem was and why the work had to be done. I thought they were all very professional. The cost was over $3000.00 but I had the work done. When your retired you watch what you need to spend your money on. If it wasn't for my Dad I probably would not have been so into the Ford products. I have a photo of my dad with his straw hat and standing on the running board of his Model T. He said that car was built very well and could everywhere. My father has always had a Ford Product except for one time, and he always said what a mistake that was. If I can afford my next car you can bet it will be a Ford product. Dan Ingham

Shareek Asgarally and Clive

"I used this dealership due to it's close proximity to my..."

I used this dealership due to it's close proximity to my place of employment. I could drop it off then later pick it up with missing any work. This has been of no advantage whatsoever. Every time I take it in they bait and switch their coupon or "find something else wrong". Then it always results in something going wrong with what they fixed. This has happen at every exchange with them. NOT ONE GOOD VISIT. The last time they had to send a wrecker to pick me up when what they fixed failed. Then they tried to blame it on the vehicle not the fact that the vehicle had been serviced, by them, on the exact part that failed. This dealership is a sham and should be shut down. I am a former Ford employee who always loved Ford vehicles. I would not buy a Ford from this dealer if they were the last on the planet!!!!!

Melissa , service manager (wouldn't give name)

"The service work orders not properly written to hide a..."

The service work orders not properly written to hide a trans defect. The issues were not entered into the Ford data base but kept only in their own dealer comments area. Tech acknowledges there is a problem but quit talking to me after I continued to press for answers. He even said some day I will have trouble with the transmission. Won't return calls. When Ford customer relations got involved dealer did not acknowledge any of the things I was told. Since the problems were not put into the Ford data base Customer Relations wondered what I was complaining about. Apparently they are doing work off the record to keep their quality ratings up with Ford. I can't think of any other reason to not help a customer. Car just about out or warranty and things are still not right. Extremely unethical. Try getting service somewhere else.

Shareek - service manager