Economy Honda Superstore

2135 Chapman Road,
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421
Economy Honda Superstore Info
About Economy Honda Superstore

Economy Honda invites you to experience a new way to buy and service your vehicle. As a Sonic Automotive Premier Dealership, our entire inventory comes with our Sonic Price. By regularly comparing our prices with the local market, Sonic Price eliminates the time-consuming negotiation process and delivers you an exceptional deal.

About Economy Honda Superstore Learn More

Barry9
2/02/2016

"Odyssey "

Eric Robinson & the Economy team makes me want to buy a vehicle every wknd! Eric sold my family our school bus & vacation vehicle all in one! I have had the privilege since to tell all my friends to call Eric & Economy!

Eric Robinson

acash
2/02/2016

"Don is the best! "

This is the 4th car my family has purchased from Don. He makes car buying easy and fun. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

112342369k

"Buyer Beware !!!"

Buyer Beware! We purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper with about 44,000 miles in Mid-October. From Economy Honda a Sonic Dealer in Chattanooga, TN. We were presented a clean Car-fax and a clean check list. We were under the impression the car was in good working order. We were wrong. We discovered an oil leak and a check engine light about a month after purchasing the car. I sent the following letter to the Manager. After several days with no reply I sent the letter to Sonic Automotive directly. 11/26/15 To whom it concern, My name is Mark Lutgen and I recently purchased a 2010 Mini-Cooper from Economy Honda. Overall I was pleased with the experience. I am not, however, as pleased with the condition of the car I purchased, or the fact that I did not receive my teacher discount. I was told it only applied to new cars, but you website clearly stated differently. Generally I have a good eye for cars, especially having spent 12 years in the car business and purchasing more than 15 vehicles from various locations and individuals. Unfortunately, something was apparently missed this time. Before coming to the dealership I chose the car I wanted, examined the Carfax, arranged financing, and valued my trade. I did all this to facilitate a quick in and out. It still took over 6 hours. That is by far the longest it has ever taken me to buy a car. Even with that I was satisfied with my purchase. The problem started a few days later. My wife said she noticed a burning smell coming from the engine area and then noticed a puff of smoke coming from under the hood. I went out and also noticed a faint burning smell (in spite of the rain). I thought this was most likely an engine cleaning chemical burning off the engine from the reconditioning process and the puff of smoke was simply water from the road hitting the exhaust. I told her to watch it and let me know if it continued. It rained for a few days and continued to puff smoke every once and a while. About a week later I drove the car to the store and noticed the smoke and the smell. I thought it smelled like exhaust. When I got home I checked the spot where she parks and noticed several small spots of oil. I am a stickler about oil changes and maintaining the cars and in fact the main reason I purchased this car was because the CarFax had the oil changes listed. I decided I would take the car in on my next day off (Wednesday, 11/26). My sister was in town and needed to buy a car. I told her to check out your store because I had to go down there anyway and you seemed like good people. I had every confidence that your dealership would inspect the car and if it was a pre-existing condition such as an oil leak, you would take care of it. I assumed the car was inspected before sale. There was no mention of oil leak on the condition report, so either it was missed or omitted. When we arrived, Trea took the car to service while we looked at cars. We chose a car and purchased the car for my sister. At the end of the process, Trea told me it was in fact an oil leak from the oil pan, and they would pay for the parts if I would pay the labor. I declined as it didn’t seem right since I assumed I was purchasing a car that had been inspected and that a Sonic dealership is not in the habit of selling cars with oil leaks. Still confident Economy Honda will make it right I told my sister to go ahead and purchase the car. We did. Singed the papers - bought a warranty, and after 7 hours were ready to leave. Well not yet… The sunroof on the car was broken! Trea did promise it would be taken care of, but said it had to be done next week. My sister leaves on Sunday to go back to New York where she goes to school and was planning to leave her car in Atlanta until she returns for Christmas break. We asked if we could bring it back then but he said that would be too long. So now someone will have to drive four hours to drop her in Atlanta so you can fix a faulty sunroof that should have been caught during reconditioning. Generally I purchase cars from the Watson’s dealerships because I know they stand behind their cars. I assumed you did too. I am the “car guy.” I advise my friends and family on what type of car and where to buy. I think there is a problem with your reconditioning process. I know in the two cars I purchased, things have been missed. I do understand I bought my car as is with no warranty and I have no problem with that. However, I could never imagine that a dealership as large as yours would sell a car with an obvious oil leak. The only question now is how can we deal with these problems. We finally received a call and were told by Shannon Harris the General Manager that it most likely happened after we purchased the car because his guys check the cars out and they get paid to fix anything that needs to be repaired, and that’s how the techs make their money. I do know that when I traded my 2007 Jetta they told me everything that was wrong with it, and that is was in such bad shape it was only worth 2000. They eventually gave me 3000. What’s interesting is I saw it listed that night on their website listed for sale for $6000.00. How could they have reconditioned such a “bad” car in such about an hour? Shannon did offer to split the 700 repair cost with me. Funny thing is they couldn’t do the repair they had to take it to a specialty shop… Makes me wonder if they really checked this car out or if they knew about it and decided to sell it anyway. We were also told the check engine light was related to the oil leak, and the light was off when we picked it up. Of Course it reappeared a day or so later. I took it to a local Mini shop to get to the bottom of the check engine light and was told it had a bad fuel pump, and to take it to a Mini dealer, which I did. This is what they presented me: Copy did not show up. That’s $2800 plus $700 for$ 3500.00 in just over 3 months. This shows 2 more oil leaks. That’s a total of 3 if you include the one previously repaired. Seriously, how can a tech miss 3 oil leaks. How can a car develop 3 oil leaks in 3 months? The technician at Mini told me it was highly unlikely that the car would throw all these codes in such a short period of time, never mind develop 3 oil leaks at the same time. I spoke with the Economy Honda’s Manager Shannon again and voiced my concerns and tried to trade this car in on a new car. They Valued the Mini at $8000.00 a car they just sold to me for just under $13000.00, and told me welcome to owning a Mini or BMW for that matter. I simply replied well I sure didn’t expect it right off the lot. Now in fairness I bought the car. I failed to have it checked out, and I didn’t purchase their $3800.00 warranty. This is my mistake. It is my mistake for assuming that I was buying from a reputable dealer. My mistake for assuming a clean Car-Fax and “clean” vehicle inspection meant something. I just hope this helps someone else. You have to ask how long was the check engine light on? Was the car even inspected? Do they care about the quality of car they are selling their customer? The answer is hard to prove, but feel free to draw your own conclusions and make your own decision to buy from any Sonic Automotive dealer.

mdstcharles
2/01/2016

"Great first time buying experience "

Thank you to Jared for making my first car buying experience painless and simple. You made me feel completely comfortable and I appreciate you making sure I was all set up before driving off the lot. Great customer service!

Leeday125

"Awesome experienxe"

I was very pleased with economy Honda! They got me in the car I wanted for the right amount. Jared Haas was an incredible salesman who went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied and even took the time to show me how everything worked before driving off in my new car. Thanks again for the wonderful service!

perigop
1/30/2016

"Best experience ever!!!!!"

I am, by nature, a skeptic and cynic when it comes to buying anything. These people are the absolute best in the business. I was expecting high pressure, gimmicks, and lots of hoopla. Instead, I was greeted warmly, treated respectfully, and could not have been more happy. If you are someone who is afraid of a large volume dealership, please give these guys a chance to earn your business. We purchased a 2016 accord and saved $4,000.00 from the local dealership here....

Sportsshooter
1/28/2016

"Best car buying experience I've ever had!"

When it recently came time to purchase a car I knew exactly where to go! My fiancé had recently purchased a 2013 CR-V from Economy Honda and I had tagged along with her. We were both very impressed with both the dealership and, in particular, Don Scoggins. Don takes a very low-key approach and never once did either of us feel pressured. He was honest and up-front about every point in the process. We appreciated his openness and knowledge about the Honda product. I had researched the inventory on-line and found both her CR-V and the 2014 Honda Pilot that I purchased. Economy has one of the most extensive inventories of any dealership we looked at. The Honda Pre-Owned Certified program is definitely one of the most extensive of its kind. Mike Bawgus and Jason Beasley in the Finance Department were both great to deal with. Again, no pressure, very knowledgeable and just plain nice guys! Don't anticipate having to replace either of these cars for a long while, but when the time comes we'll be going back to Economy Honda and Don Scoggins!

Darryl Carr
1/24/2016

"Economy Honda Superstore Awesome Sales Dept and Service Dept"

Had been looking for a new car for months. Initially look at several SUV's, but then switched to Honda, after I reviewed brands over the internet for weeks. Spent a lot of days looking at inventories for all dealers in our surrounding area. We found the exact car we were looking for, interior and exterior at Economy Honda Chattanooga TN. First thing I chatted with internet manager and she sent the information about the car we wanted. In comparing their price to the 'published' invoice price of my desired vehicle, it was obvious, they were offering a great price and with other dealerships and Models compared to prices. We negotiated our trade 2011 BMW 335i which took no more than 10 minutes, we were very satisfied with the agreement..Our finance guy got the final documents with no issues. Our salesman was Eric Robinson he stayed with us until we walked in the dealership, until we drove off the lot. He sit down with my wife showed her all the features before we got on the road, so if you look at Economy Honda ask for Eric Robinson he was great! But the entire staff was very professional. As we were waiting on paper work my wife was looking around found some accessories she would like to add to vehicle and the Accessory Sales Manager John Carlisle helped her out, as he related to my wife what his wife liked added to their car. So if you have a Honda and want to add that extra touch with accessories, you can't go wrong. I see why the are call the superstore!

Eric Robinson Great Salesman from the start till we drove off the lot!!

Retiree and Free
1/21/2016

"Good Dealership! I expect them to fix the one issue I have."

Had been looking for a new car for months. Initially look at Hyundai, but then switched to Honda, after I rented both brands over a period of two weekends. Spent all night looking at inventories for all dealers in GA. At the end of the search, I decided to look at nearby states and that is how I found Economy Honda. First thing I noticed is that they had their prices upfront on their website. No more, "give us a call", or "click here for your internet special price", to be forwarded to just a leads page. In comparing their price to the 'published' invoice price of my desired vehicle, it was obvious, they were offering a great price. I negotiated it down, just a tiny bit further, until I was satisfied. They agreed. Until vehicle pickup I dealt only with "Heather" via texting. Any documents I asked for were immediately sent to me. Then my finance guy got the final documents no issues. Got to the dealership to ask for "Heather", as found she didn't work the floor (internet only), but I was given SAL, who was very pleasant. Sal instantly gave me the keys to the vehicle and told me to have a nice test drive. He did not even ride along, so I could enjoy it and check out the system. He was an excellent person to converse with and has a good personality. Noticed a little swirl spot on the rear passenger bumper and while I was taking care of the business end, he sent them to wash the car and buff it out. Unfortunately it was dark when business was completed, so the car looked fine. Until I put it under the light. He had his manager, Robert, witnessed that there was still a problem. But with the detailers gone, they ask me to come back and it would be handled. So I'm heading back tomorrow, Friday to get it handled, which is a long way because I live in the Atlanta market. Let's hope they fulfill their promise to get it straight.

mlovetide
1/19/2016

"Comfortable"

We expected a difficult time dealing with a salesman but we were very wrong. Don Scoggins was very knowledgeable and a really nice guy. He made us feel comfortable and made the car buying experience feel as though we have known him for years. If you are looking for a new Honda, ask for Don Scoggins. Not only will you get a great automobile but you will feel comfortable doing it. Thanks Don!

Reviews of Heather Shadoin