Ed Schmidt Auto Group

Ed Schmidt Auto Group Info

tdowns12
3/23/2015

"Great Experience!"

I would highly recommend Ed Schmidt GMC to anyone. I came to Ed's blindly after finding a vehicle in their stock that fit my needs. Rob Johnson, the sales manager, worked with me remotely to confirm the details of the vehicle and prepare me to trade in my existing car. Rob set up a convenient time for my wife and I meet with Matt Ovens at the dealership. Matt showed us the vehicle and took us for a test drive highlighting the most important features of the truck. Matt then worked with us to value our trade and walk us through all the paperwork. Matt was friendly, knowledgeable and made us feel completely comfortable with our purchase. The rest of the team at Ed's was friendly and welcoming. They worked steadily to ensure our process was expedient but not rushed. We will definitely look for another chance to work with Matt, Rob and the rest of the team at Ed Schmidt.

Matt Ovens

66stingray
3/23/2015

"New Truck Purchase Awesome"

Matthew Ovens went out of his way to make this deal happen. He was actually running from department to department since our time was very limited one night during our visit. Got a good deal on the truck and a great price for our trade-in. Extremely happy....

Matthew Ovens

SSB
3/06/2015

"Deceptive business practices.Will not honor warranty of work"

Throttle Body failed on 12/29/14. Ton Fitkin at Ed Schmidt is a great guy and helped us out in a difficult situation (car failure when in town for a family funeral) Paid $428.00 for TB repair and 4 new sparkplugs. 2/29/2015 TB failed again. Replacement cost $550.00. Ed Schmidt Service Mgr. Eric Scott refused to honor 12/12 warranty on repair saying 12/12 only covered new spark plugs ($55.00). Result-- It cost us almost $1,000.00 to replace TB that should have cost $500.00. Ed Schmidt GM does not stand behind their service. Deceptive business business practices! Buyer BEWARE!

Tom Fitkin, Eric Scott

rjbroderick15
3/04/2015

"Amazing service, extremely helpful, and very friendly."

I was in a pinch and needed a new car, so I went in not knowing exactly what I wanted. My salesman, Todd Ritchey, did a phenomenal job helping find me a car and I couldn't be happier! He helped find a car in my price range, made sure after I test drove it that I was happy with the choice and that if needed we would keep looking until I was happy. Everyone that I encountered while there was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this dealership and will be going back for my next vehicle in the future.

Todd Ritchey

moniross23
2/28/2015

"1st time buyer"

How do you put such an amazing car buying experience into words...??? Matthew Ovens was sensational!!! He worked for me even on his day off to put me into a vehicle that is safe and dependable and it even came with a great warranty!! The team worked hard to get me approved for financing even with my poor credit score..Simply the BEST!!! I will refer all my friends and anyone looking for a great car buying experience to buy from here and specifically from Matthew!! He is truly the greatest!!! Thank you to all the team at Ed Schmidt and to my new friend for life..Matthew Ovens- The best car salesman ever!!

Matthew Ovens

mtc
2/24/2015

"Great service, facilities, and cars"

I don't typically do this, but I would like to mention Matt Ovens, my salesman at Ed Schmidt, for doing a great job showing me the VW's and being an overall great guy to deal with. It was immediately obvious to me that he was a hard working, caring and personable young man that believes in the product he is selling. He listened to all my requests, did what he said he would do (a rare quality these days), and he was able to locate and deliver the car/trim/price I wanted when it counted. If you want to see and learn about the new VW line, and have some fun doing it, this is the guy to contact in the Toledo area. These well performing, yet economical cars, need to be driven and seen in person to be appreciated. I had a ball test driving cars and learning about them from Matt. Oh, I also have to say that the financing process was also very fast and painless. Candie did a great job showing me the additional options, but without the high pressure sales crap you see at some dealers. Overall it was a great trade-in/purchase experience for me.

Matt Ovens, Candie Snyder

EvoPlatypus
2/24/2015

"Great people. Great product."

Was very specific on the car i wanted. They found it in record time and at a price I liked. Staff was very friendly and helped me with all of my questions.

Matt Ovens

treatedlike#1
2/20/2015

"1st time buyer"

I had the greatest team working to get me a car!!! Andy Parish went way beyond what I had expected. Everyone treated me so friendly and I was treated with dignity and respect. thanks again to Andy Parish.

andy parish & the finance manager

steve.wolfe.1029
11/18/2014

"Quick and Easy"

This had to be the quickest anyone could ever hope to buy a car. I knew what I wanted and within days Neil had found my truck had it ready for delivery. I appreciated Neil's no high pressure just laid back and honest sales approach. I love my new Canyon.

Neil Gardner

catyjy
10/30/2014

"Warranty problem-Certified Pre-Owned"

I bought a 6 months and 5000 miles old Jetta, a demonstration car, from Ed Schmidt. In Oct. 25th 2014, I figured out there is something wrong in my warranty. Three things. 1) The starting day of the warranty was not the sales day as the dealer had mentioned. 2) The starting mileage was not scratched out, 5000 miles, as he had mentioned. 3) The two years extended warranty was not bumper to bumper as he mentioned. There was a $50 deductible. Be careful with deductible and paper work! Possible mistakes 1) They sale warranty at dealership but the data may not go in service department. 2) They sale extended warranty which is only work at Ed Schmidt service if they say bumper to bumper. 3) Even they figured out their mistake, they will not fix as what you should have. The general manager, Nick Ort, will not work as much as he can do.

Scott Cooke