Ed Schmidt Auto Group

Makes: GMC|Saab|Service Center|Volkswagen|Volvo

Ed Schmidt Auto Group
Ed Schmidt Auto Group Info

"In love with a Denali"

I was here to test drive a Sierra 1500. This is my first time into an American Car since i always had German cars and also i was trading in my 2011 Merc ML350 for a truck. I was very apprehensive and confused if i really wanted a GMC with everything that has been going on with them. I first met Eric Kudas and he got me to test ride a Sierra. They did not have any truck with all the options i wanted on their lot and they did find one in Indiana. But apparently the value they offered for my trade in was too low. I later decided not to go ahead with the deal and felt sad that i wouldnt get my truck for my 30th birthday. I decided to go to another dealership in Michigan . They were ready to give me the deal i asked for. But my dad wanted me to buy a truck from a dealership which is in my city because he felt its always necessary to promote the local business to make Perrysburg a better city. I decided to try one last time and called Eric and offered me my deal. He called me back in 10 minutes and told me if he agreed to the deal will i buy it from Ed Schmidt for sure and i promised him yes i would .... He said lets do it.He bypassed everyone and called his General Manager to make this deal happen and get me into the truck i loved. And within 2 hrs the paperwork was completed and my truck was shipped in from another dealership in Michigan. I was on cloud 9 and was so happy. I always want and expect an experience in a dealership to be smooth and less stressful. Not only Eric but even Nick and Rob were very helpful and happy that i came back. Apparently i fell in love with Ed Schmidt and i have great respect for them for two reasons. 1. The extent they would go to , to earn a customer and 2. The ability to maintain a promise , delivery date and time . I went back two days later gave them my check and my trade in and picked up my new truck. I love it and am so happy i bought it from Ed Schmidt . I think they really need some appreciation and a review .

Eric Kudas

"Love our GMC Acadia"

Brandon was very helpful, informative and professional during the trade-in process and purchase of our GMC Acadia. This vehicle fits our needs perfectly! I definitely would recommend Brandon. He made us feel our opinions were valued and his concern for the perfect vehicle for us was a high priority. Thanks again. We are now enjoying the new ride.

"Review"

Brandon was very, very personable and very polite. He made sure I was okay and comfortable with every step of the process. He did whatever he could for me to make sure everything was exactly what I wanted and how he could make it better. He was awesome.

Brandon Vogelsong

"Best car best service---ever!"

I purchased a 2013 Volvo XC 60 from Ed Schmidt in late spring 2014. I worked with sales associate Brian Kerekes. Brian was terrific to work with. He had extensive knowledge about the vehicles I was interested in and worked very hard to ensure I received the best deal possible. As far as the vehicle itself, I couldn't be more satisfied. I traded in a Mercedes E series for the Volvo. IMO, the Volvo is superior to the Mercedes brand. The ride, comfort, options and performance all beat the Mercedes. In fact, in my 30+ years of driving and owning more than 20 different vehicles, this car is my favorite. Bottom line: Go to Ed Schmidt and see Brian. You'll make a friend and get a great deal!

Brain Kerekes

"Wow! We loved Brandon Vogelsong!"

My wife and I walked in your dealership looking for a used car. Brandon Vogelsong walked right up to us with a big, sincere smile and we immediately felt comfortable with him. He was very friendly, patient, and worked really hard to find what we were looking for. He was so helpful during the entire process. We even took a few of his business cards to give out to our friends and family. We know have a car guy to go to and couldn't be happier. Thanks Brandon!!

"Great experience"

Ordered a new truck from Nick Wuertz. Nick was excellent to deal with and did a great job keeping me updated with the progress of my order. I will look to him next time I make a new vehicle purchase. A+

Nick Wuertz

"We contacted Ed Schmidt to test drive a Traverse that we..."

We contacted Ed Schmidt to test drive a Traverse that we had seen on their website. Upon arrival, the salespeople were friendly and helpful. They had the car ready for us to test drive when we arrived. After looking the car over, we found some minor flaws (expected some in a used vehicle) but the main issue was that the back bumper was dented in and the light beside the license had popped out. This did not deter us from the vehicle, but we made it a point to tell Brandon that we were only interested if the bumper was replaced. When we began negotiating over the price of the vehicle, Brandon was not overly helpful. We went back and forth for over an hour until we all reached an agreement. The financing aspect was fairly quick. We then left the dealership that night without the vehicle because we did not want to leave the dealership with the vehicle for fear that they may back out on fixing the bumper. The whole process of ordering the bumper and then replacing the bumper took 10 days! It was ridiculous. We called Brandon almost daily to check on the status and he never gave us a clear answer. Because of the delay, we were not able to make it to the dealer to pick up the car, so when Brandon delivered it and picked up the car I had traded in, I noticed that the owner's guide was gone as was the passenger floor mat. Brandon said he would "try to find" the owner's manual for us. And after several calls, we still do not have the manual and he told us the mat was not in the car before. The whole situation has been time-consuming and just frustrating. We will not be returning to this dealership for any future purchases.

Brandon

"A few months ago, I stopped in to Ed Schmidt to look at..."

A few months ago, I stopped in to Ed Schmidt to look at two door diesels. As I was looking at the Golf TDi, Andy met me and offered to show me all of the vehicles that met my criteria. We started in the back and quickly came across a black 2013 Beetle TDi that I chose to test drive. When Andy brought the vehicle up to the front, he spent quite a while going over every detail of the new clean diesel engines and the features of the car. It was apparent that he truly knew what he was talking about and was genuinely interested in helping me out. The test drive sold me on the car, but Andy sold me on Volkswagen and Ed Schmidt. Needless to say, I bought the "Bug" and three months later, we bought a 2013 Eos. Two cars in three months from one salesman. Life is good. Thanks, Andy!

Andy Parish

"Was greeted and helped by Andy Parish. Took me for a test..."

Was greeted and helped by Andy Parish. Took me for a test drive. Very knowledgable and patient with my questions. Wasn't pushy at all which I can not stand. Has me sold, when I get rid of Audi I'll be going to VW. As long I receive the kind of respect and friendly service as Mr. Parish gave me I'll be sticking with Ed Schmidt. Thank you

Andy Parish

"I took my 3 week old Jetta in for some minor QC issues. I..."

I took my 3 week old Jetta in for some minor QC issues. I had a rattle in the dash and I thought the car sounded loud at 60-70 MPH. I was greeted upon my arrival by Brandon, who had my repair order and loaner vehicle waiting for me. The whole process took 5 minutes! Brandon kept me informed during the day as Justin worked on my vehicle. They fixed my dash rattle, and to my surprise my "minor noise" wound up being a bad RF wheel bearing. They replaced this part and my problem was solved! They also completed a courtesy inspection for me and washed my vehicle. When I went to pick up the car, they had my paperwork ready and I was again on my way in 5 minutes. I was impressed with the narrative given on my repair order of what they had done to my car. Brandon took the time to explain my problem in the notes to which Justin gave very detailed notes on what he did to both diagnose and resolve my issues. To determine if my wheel bearing noise was "normal" or not, they even drove a new unit off of the lot for comparison. I was impressed with this dealership on the sales side and I am equally amazed at the service! I will be back!

Brandon / Justin