Read Reviews Ed Schmidt Auto Group

Perrysburg, Ohio 43551

(419) 874-4331

Manufacturers: Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, GMC, Service Center

based on 3 reviews

Overall
4.4

4.4 out of 5

8 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Ed Schmidt Auto Group

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Ed Schmidt Auto Group

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"We contacted Ed Schmidt to test drive a Traverse that we..."

ruger05
12/18/2013 5:44:03 PM

Brandon

3.2

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

We contacted Ed Schmidt to test drive a Traverse that we had seen on their website. Upon arrival, the salespeople were friendly and helpful. They had the car ready for us to test drive when we arrived. After looking the car over, we found some minor flaws (expected some in a used vehicle) but the main issue was that the back bumper was dented in and the light beside the license had popped out. This did not deter us from the vehicle, but we made it a point to tell Brandon that we were only interested if the bumper was replaced. When we began negotiating over the price of the vehicle, Brandon was not overly helpful. We went back and forth for over an hour until we all reached an agreement. The financing aspect was fairly quick. We then left the dealership that night without the vehicle because we did not want to leave the dealership with the vehicle for fear that they may back out on fixing the bumper. The whole process of ordering the bumper and then replacing the bumper took 10 days! It was ridiculous. We called Brandon almost daily to check on the status and he never gave us a clear answer. Because of the delay, we were not able to make it to the dealer to pick up the car, so when Brandon delivered it and picked up the car I had traded in, I noticed that the owner's guide was gone as was the passenger floor mat. Brandon said he would "try to find" the owner's manual for us. And after several calls, we still do not have the manual and he told us the mat was not in the car before. The whole situation has been time-consuming and just frustrating. We will not be returning to this dealership for any future purchases.

Twitter
"A few months ago, I stopped in to Ed Schmidt to look at..."

medphys
9/23/2013 3:10:14 PM

Andy Parish

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

A few months ago, I stopped in to Ed Schmidt to look at two door diesels. As I was looking at the Golf TDi, Andy met me and offered to show me all of the vehicles that met my criteria. We started in the back and quickly came across a black 2013 Beetle TDi that I chose to test drive. When Andy brought the vehicle up to the front, he spent quite a while going over every detail of the new clean diesel engines and the features of the car. It was apparent that he truly knew what he was talking about and was genuinely interested in helping me out. The test drive sold me on the car, but Andy sold me on Volkswagen and Ed Schmidt. Needless to say, I bought the "Bug" and three months later, we bought a 2013 Eos. Two cars in three months from one salesman. Life is good. Thanks, Andy!

Twitter
"Was greeted and helped by Andy Parish. Took me for a test..."

Captaintobin22
7/22/2013 7:47:57 PM

Andy Parish

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

Was greeted and helped by Andy Parish. Took me for a test drive. Very knowledgable and patient with my questions. Wasn't pushy at all which I can not stand. Has me sold, when I get rid of Audi I'll be going to VW. As long I receive the kind of respect and friendly service as Mr. Parish gave me I'll be sticking with Ed Schmidt.

Twitter
"I took my 3 week old Jetta in for some minor QC issues. I..."

23Hammer
3/25/2012 11:13:35 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: Yes
Brandon / Justin

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

I took my 3 week old Jetta in for some minor QC issues. I had a rattle in the dash and I thought the car sounded loud at 60-70 MPH. I was greeted upon my arrival by Brandon, who had my repair order and loaner vehicle waiting for me. The whole process took 5 minutes!

Brandon kept me informed during the day as Justin worked on my vehicle. They fixed my dash rattle, and to my surprise my "minor noise" wound up being a bad RF wheel bearing. They replaced this part and my problem was solved! They also completed a courtesy inspection for me and washed my vehicle.

When I went to pick up the car, they had my paperwork ready and I was again on my way in 5 minutes.

I was impressed with the narrative given on my repair order of what they had done to my car. Brandon took the time to explain my problem in the notes to which Justin gave very detailed notes on what he did to both diagnose and resolve my issues. To determine if my
wheel bearing noise was "normal" or not, they even drove a new unit off of the lot for comparison.

I was impressed with this dealership on the sales side and I am equally amazed at the service! I will be back!

Twitter
"I stopped into Ed Schmidt after talking with a co worker..."

23Hammer
3/3/2012 6:00:26 PM

Adam/Christy/Matt/DJ

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

I stopped into Ed Schmidt after talking with a co worker who had a good expierence with them. I was looking for a vehicle to help me get better gas mileage than my old car. I met with the VW manager Adam and he directed me to a VW Jetta TDI. The whole process was outstanding and I am impressed with this dealer. The price was outstanding, they had a good selection for me to chose from. The financing was quick and easy, I did not feel pressure to buy in the least. This should be the way all car buying experiences go. I will be back!

Twitter
"Took a month to come to a deal on an '08 Impreza WRX but..."

ak01q
11/29/2011 12:30:42 PM

Rocky Rocthe

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

Took a month to come to a deal on an '08 Impreza WRX but we finally did. Transaction went smooth and was able to get financing a little cheaper than I could find on my own. So overall it was a good experience.

Twitter
"These gentlemen were helpful and friendly. They worked..."

jreynaga
4/16/2011 12:22:21 PM

Matt and DJ

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

These gentlemen were helpful and friendly. They worked hard to get me the best deal available. They stayed after everyone left to finalize the sale and they even put gas in the vehicle without any prompting from me!!! That was impressive considering the prices of gas these days and the vehicle I traded had 3/4 tank. That is one of my pet peves. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience!!!!

Twitter
"So... I bought a used car from this dealership yesterday...."

nitrojen
3/1/2006 5:45:04 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales
Tony Agbe

My Review Of Ed Schmidt Auto Group:

So... I bought a used car from this dealership yesterday. Yes it was sold as-is... There were some minute problems... drivers side lock didnt work, probably could've used some new brakes, fog lights were missing... And I accepted all of that. I test drove it, checked the oil- made sure there was no leaking or oil sputtering out, checked the fluids and made sure they were clean... And then I get the car home. I have to reverse. It makes an extremely loud noise in reverse. I take it in, the transmission is going out. Ok, so I can handle small repairs, I can handle it needing new tires within 6 months, I can handle small stuff... but a transmission? This place is selling cars with bad transmissions???? Are you kidding me??? They had to have driven it in reverse at some point in time- backing it out of the garage or something. It definitely cannot be overheard- it really is that loud. They were quite rude when I informed them of my problem and offered no help whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend this dealership to a soul. Granted, my sales consultant, Chris Hansen was kind, I know he had to have driven it in reverse as he pulled it up to the front. I am absolutely furious with this place and I will never purchase another car from this place nor another VW. Stay away from this place... even if youre buying new- don't support bad business.