Ewing Buick GMC

4464 West Plano Parkway,
Plano, Texas 75093
Ewing Buick GMC Info
About Ewing Buick GMC

The history of Ewing Buick GMC began in 1940 when Fin Ewing's grandfather, Bruton Orand, moved from Waco to Dallas to take over the management of Morris Buick. Soon after, Mr. Orand started Orand Buick at 2128 Cedar Springs near downtown Dallas, the present location of The Crescent. Mr. Orand probably didn't know at the time that he was founding a family-owned business that would span over 70 years. His first challenge was to weather World War II. This was a time when tires were not available and gas was rationed. In fact, one might say it was the worst possible time to go into the car business! He persevered, however, using the basic principles of serving the customer and maintaining a high level of integrity, and as a result, his business prospered. When Bruton Orand died in 1961, his son-in-law, Finley Ewing, Jr., who had gone to work for Mr. Orand in 1957, took over the business. Under Mr. Ewing's leadership, plans for future growth took shape. In 1972, Mercedes-Benz of Plano was formed and became the owner of the newly-awarded Mercedes-Benz franchise, setting up shop at new facilities off the Dallas Parkway. In 1973, the Orand Buick name was changed to Ewing Buick before it relocated to its new facilities off the Dallas Parkway just north of Mercedes-Benz of Plano.

About Ewing Buick GMC

GirlWithaConvertible
7/01/2015

"Excellent Service for Warranty Repair"

I had an issue with my transmission cable on my Pontiac G6 which I felt was related to the 2012 recall work that was done. Brad Ancker, my Service Advisor, assisted me in working with General Motors in getting the repair done under warranty. Brad was very helpful, honest and was looking out for my best interest as he has done for the past 6 years. I appreciate his determination to provide excellent customer service. He consulted with his boss, his lead technician and reviewed the work needed himself because he knew I wasn't happy with the repairs needed and cost. He also provided me direction in contacting General Motors in the event I wasn't satisfied with his repair quote. Which I wasn't and so I called GM. GM, Ron and Brad worked together in getting the repair done under warranty. It really made my day!!!! I am now even more likely to buy from Ewing Buick and GM in the future due to the excellent customer service. Thank you, Brad, for always looking out for what is best for your customers.

Brad Ancker

July 02, 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We were happy to resolve your concerns in such a satisfactory way, and that Brad and Ron were able to help you get the best deal possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

sjnyukonok
6/30/2015

"Good Place To Get A Good Deal"

I found my Cadillac CTS Coupe on line at Auto Trader. I made a couple of phone calls, Wilson was very easy to deal with and made this purchase a breeze. We spoke on Saturday and he held the car for me until I could come down from Okla. City on Monday. In less than a hour, with Brian's help the deed was done. This is the 3rd time I have shopped from OKC and came to the Dallas metro to buy a pre-owned vehicle. This market is bigger, more selection and better prices. I will look at Ewing first on the occasion of my next pre-owned vehicle purchase. Thanks guys, I am very happy with my purchase. steve

Brian LNUK

July 02, 2015

Hello Steve, thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with both your Cadillac and your experience at Ewing Buick GMC. We know your time is valuable and aim to make the process of purchasing a vehicle as smooth as possible. Thank you for choosing our dealership, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

jlgoodson3
6/22/2015

"Best car-buying experience ever."

I found a 2012 Yukon XL via AutoTrader that I liked and sent an email message to Ewing. Suzanne Newman responded within 15-minutes (before their posted hours of operation). After two or three exchanges in an hour, I had set an appointment to see the vehicle. Suzanne was great, answering all our questions and ensuring we absolutely understood what we were getting and that all our questions were answered. My wife and I love the car. Brian Etzel got us the deal we needed with no pressure. Without trying to take us down a ridiculously unnecessary path, they laid out our options and let us choose our route. We've bought 7 vehicles from 7 dealers in our 18-years of marriage, and this was far-and-away the best experience. The next time we car-shop, Ewing will DEFINITELY get first shot at our business.

Brian Etzel

June 23, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're so glad to hear how much you loved working with Suzanne and Brian during your visit with us to get your Yukon. If you ever have any questions about your new ride, feel free to drop in again and see us. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again when you're ready for another car. Thanks again!

brittcm22
5/21/2015

"THANK YOU Suzanne, Ron, Brad, Joe, and Ewing Family!"

I cannot say enough about this company as a whole. Driven by great people, consistantly providing exceptional "service". I put that in quotation because it is really MORE than service. It really is just amazing interactions. These people are so genuine and amazing at what they do. My purchases are on point with what I am looking for, the process is not just easy, but fun (who knew a car transaction could be fun!), and fulfilling. I seriously will never go anywhere else. Suzanne Newman, our sales gal, was so on point with everything and made the process what it was - the best. Ron is a fantastic manager, and made it a point to stop in and say hello. Brad in Service is exceptional and has taken amazing care of us, and the Ewing family - well the entire working facility speaks for itself. You can't keep great people around if you don't keep an amazing atmosphere. WELL DONE! Thank you all so much for all of the pleasant encounters and for my second AMAZING buick! I love it, and I love your company. BEST dealership EVER.

Brad Ancker, Charlie Ewing, Charlie Ewing

May 22, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! Customer service will always be a top priority for us here at Ewing Buick GMC and we're so glad to hear that you've had such good experiences with our team. Please let us know if you ever need anything else for your Buick. Thanks again!

Plano truck owner
5/20/2015

"Positive, low pressure experience"

We worked with David Saner. He never pressured us or tried to show us something we didn't ask for. There were no surprises between my browsing online and when I showed up in person. I'd definitely do business with Ewing again.

David Saner

May 21, 2015

That's what we like to hear! We understand that buying a new car is stressful enough, so we don't want to put any more pressure on you to make your decision. We just want to make sure you have all the information for what you are looking for. Please let us know what else we can help you with in the future. Thank you!

pleased car buyer
5/09/2015

"Efficient, professional & personable"

I was professionally greeted by Herman Jackson, who at the onset provided a comfortable setting for continuing my vehicle search. I sought a heavily discounted vehicle, as advertised in the national Buick promotions on TV, for my spouse. Since she was not with me, we quickly reviewed all the current options and available programs. One particular car stood out, which I considered as a good selection for her. After a thoughtful presentation of the features, followed by a pleasant test drive, I inquired about price and financing. Within minutes the professional staff working with Mr. Jackson presented me with an outstanding lease price, with several options for payment. I advised Mr. Jackson that I would need to confer with my spouse and provide an answer to him the next morning. She reviewed the information provided and photos I took of the car and was pleased. We consummated the deal today and so far we are very pleased with the entire experience.

Herman Jackson, Michael Schrayer, and Joe Ehman

May 11, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with Herman and the rest of our team! We're really glad to hear that we could help you pick out the car your wife was looking for and everything went smoothly. If you have any questions about your new ride, feel free to drop in and see us again soon!

ash.nich22
5/07/2015

"It was efficient, professional, and caring"

We had a very good experience at Ewing Buick GMC. The team stayed 2 hours after closing to find us the best deal and get us into our new truck that night. I would definitely come here again and recommend this dealership to anyone.

May 08, 2015

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our dealership! Customer service is always a top priority for our team and we were more than happy to stay late to make sure you got your new truck as soon as possible. We appreciate you choosing Ewing Buick GMC and we can't wait to see you again!

KWilliams
5/06/2015

"Dealership is home to the Wizard!"

After being baited by another GMC dealership "they-who-shall-remain nameless" and chasing a mirage for several hours, I was more than a little jaded, so I did my research online, decided that a good percentage of the reviews I read were legitimate. I especially liked the angry folks on yelp, it takes a truely pissed off person to write a review. However, the appealing thing about these angry reviews was the genuine response from the dealership with an appeal to make things right with the angry posters. After several phone and email exchanges, I was contacted by Darrell, pronounced "Da-rell", after my previous experience, all my spidy senses were on high-alert for a slick-talker, especially when I heard the distinctive NY accent. Then Darrell delivered the impossible news my ears were bleeding to here, "I have some good news, we have your car and an approval", at a rate I am too excited about to mention aloud much less type for fear it's a dream and I might wake up. So, I travelled over to Ewing, the showroom is not as flashy as some, but nice, and everyone I encountered was friendly and looked tired for the last day of the month, which is a good sign. Darell, my salesperson was extremely nice, very knowledgeable on the product, GMC Acadia and very patient. Naturally, after reading all the "what not to do at a new car dealership", I resisted the urge to take a test drive and kept my Acadia drool to a minimum, until I knew my trade offer and sales price and encentives were genuine. I did give myself away a bit when I admitted to wanting an extended warranty, I just knew I would not be able to afford it, and although after markets are less expensive, I wanted it inclusive in the finance, set and forget. I am a previous Acadia owner from the first model year, and my baby is particular and incapable of tolerating cheap, unknowledgeable, off the road maintenance. We needed the best, bumper-to-bumper! After a few hours, I drove away from Ewing in my shiny new GMC Acadia, in complete disbelief that I had walked out of a new car dealership without that awful remorse when you feel like you just got beat. Lol. It was an amazing experience and when I get ready to upgrade to true Luxury, the Buick Enclave Tuscan, I will drive from wherever I happen to be in the U.S. to come back to Ewing. Ewing is apparently a portal to Hogwarts, because Joe Ensey, the finance manager is a freakin Gryffindor magician!

Joe Ensey, Finance

May 07, 2015

Thank you for this wonderful review! Customer service is always a top priority for us here at Ewing Buick GMC and we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed working with Darell, Joe, and the rest of our team during your visit. If you need anything else, we hope you'll stop in, either by driving in or taking the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9 3/4. Thanks again!

michele
4/28/2015

"excellent salesmen and customer service"

I just purchased a 2011 Camaro from this dealership last week, I was financed outside the dealership and on finance company's end, they made it difficult...however, Frank Alsides, my salesman, went out of his way to do everything he could to get me into this car! Everybody I dealt with there at the dealership was wonderful and it was excellent customer service! I have already highly recommended Ewing Buick GMC Plano to many people!

Frank Alsides

April 29, 2015

Thank you for your recommendations, Michele! Customer service is always one of our team's highest priorities and we're glad to hear you really enjoyed working with Frank and the rest of us here at Ewing Buick GMC. If you have any questions about your new ride, feel free to stop by when you have a chance and we'll gladly help you once more. Thanks again!

mnremarkable
4/11/2015

"herman jackson"

he was super easy to deal with very friendly and let us alone when needed knowledge of the vehicles was excellent too a great salesman

herman jackson

April 14, 2015

We're so glad to hear that. Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Reviews of Suzanne Koerwer