Ewing Buick GMC

Ewing Buick GMC

Call
Ewing Buick GMC Info
About Ewing Buick GMC

The history of Ewing Buick GMC began in 1940 when Fin Ewing's grandfather, Bruton Orand, moved from Waco to Dallas to take over the management of Morris Buick. Soon after, Mr. Orand started Orand Buick at 2128 Cedar Springs near downtown Dallas, the present location of The Crescent. Mr. Orand probably didn't know at the time that he was founding a family-owned business that would span over 70 years. His first challenge was to weather World War II. This was a time when tires were not available and gas was rationed. In fact, one might say it was the worst possible time to go into the car business! He persevered, however, using the basic principles of serving the customer and maintaining a high level of integrity, and as a result, his business prospered. When Bruton Orand died in 1961, his son-in-law, Finley Ewing, Jr., who had gone to work for Mr. Orand in 1957, took over the business. Under Mr. Ewing's leadership, plans for future growth took shape. In 1972, Mercedes-Benz of Plano was formed and became the owner of the newly-awarded Mercedes-Benz franchise, setting up shop at new facilities off the Dallas Parkway. In 1973, the Orand Buick name was changed to Ewing Buick before it relocated to its new facilities off the Dallas Parkway just north of Mercedes-Benz of Plano.

About Ewing Buick GMC

"Quick and Easy"

Contacted 3 Buick dealers via e-mail for info on a New Buick Enclave....I was in Retail Auto Dealership Management in California for 12 years so I understand the "business" and the internal workings...Randy Harp at Ewing was the only sales person who respected my knowledge and needs...ended up with a "screaming" deal on a 2014 and the process was exactly as I expected...no games and straight to the point....A job well done !!!!!

"First class experience all the way!"

From the moment I walked through the door, my salesman Tony T took amazing care of me and made buying a car a fun experience. Every employee was so nice and professional. I will never buy another car from a different dealership except Ewing Buick GMC, they take excellent care of their customers.

October 10, 2014

We can't thank you enough for your business and kind feedback. We're so glad you were impressed with Tony and the rest of the team and he was able to provide you with an excellent car buying experience. It was a pleasure working with you, and we hope you're enjoying your new car!

"Fantastic Experience"

Great experience, great sales person, car was priced right, customer care was perfect, fiancing was great, overall a greay experience, car sales done right. Highly recommend dealership!!!!!

October 09, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback and taking the time to share you experience! We're very happy to hear you were pleased with your visit, and we appreciate the recommendations! Please let us know if we can help with anything else, and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

"Great Service"

The last 6 cars I purchased were all Saturns so I have very high expectations of customer service and no hassle, no haggling negotations. Thanks to Randy Harp for making buying my first non Saturn a painless experience. I almost felt like I was back at Saturn!

October 08, 2014

We're so glad to hear you were pleased with your car buying experience and enjoyed working with Randy! Thank you for the business and taking the time to share your excellent feedback. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else, and we appreciate your great review!

"Fantastic personalized service!"

We were very pleased with the service we received by Suzanne and the entire team! From the moment we walked in the door they catered to our every request/need!! Everyone was so pleasant to work with and extremely helpful!

September 23, 2014

Thank you very much for the kind feedback on Suzanne and the rest of the team! We're so glad to hear you had a great visit and we hope to work with you again in the future. Until then, please don't hesitate to give us a call if there is anything else we can assist you with!

"Very professional, friendly and relaxing atmosphere. "

The employees were very professional and friendly. There was a varied and full inventory: From the beginning I felt that I was going to be able to find what I wanted. It was very clean and organized. It also was unusual in the fact that it had a relaxing atmosphere, unusual for a car dealership. If I ever buy another car I will definitely go to Ewing Buick, and I feel confident that I will find exactly what I want. Thank you for an awesome shopping experience.

September 16, 2014

Thank you for the excellent feedback and taking the time to share your experience with us! Your business is greatly appreciated and we're very happy to hear you were pleased with your visit. We look forward to working with you again in the future, but until then, please don't hesitate to give us a call if we can assist you with anything else!

"Warning - Don't Buy a GMC or Buick product"

The Ewing Dealership is in a tough position because the quality of both the GMC and Buick products we have owned are so poor. However, we unfortunately bought both an Acadia and Enclave at the same time in 2009. Had we known the number of design defects inherent with these cars we would never had purchased either of these automobiles. The Enclave was picked up today with a bill of $1,400 for replacing motor and transmission mounts again for the third time and axle problems. On a car, which in the last five years has been driven to the grocery store, mall, school and soccer practice. The driver would be described as ultra conservative. But on three different occasions motor mounts have been replaced on this vehicle. The last time was about 90 days ago when the front motor mount was replaced and now the rear and transmission mounts need to be repaired. It is already apparent the motor and transmission mounts are of a defective design. Especially based on the number of mounts replaced on both cars. But, there should be a level of competency by the dealer to recognize the problems when they replaced the front ones 90 days ago. There should be a level of competency by GM to replace the mounts with a product of better design when the original part is clearly a defective design. We currently today have vehicles with over 200,000 miles (Toyota) and my Ford SUV which I've owned for nearly 4 years with over 115,000 miles and none of these have had a motor mount replaced. In regards to the defective axle bushings caused by the lack of lubricant. This is very unusual since these parts are typically designed in most cars to perform well beyond our mileage. Both of our GMC and Buick cars have been serviced at this dealer, but it is clear in this case the parts failed or the dealer failed to perform a proper inspections along the way to discover the issue before it became a more expensive proposition for us. The experience with the windshield leak on the Acadia was the last straw. Clearly a factory defect, requiring the replacement of a corroded fuse box on the car which initially we were expected to pay for by the dealer. After the leak was fixed, it ended up leaking again at the same spot at the windshield. When my son drove the car home from college the first time to have it fixed the part was still not at the dealer. GM finally came through on the repair, but only after way too much haggling for a complete design defect chronicled all to well on the internet. With the consistent repetitive failures in all these cars it would seem at some point you would take a more proactive approach to the service of these vehicles. But that would require admission of responsibility for poor product design and execution all through the process. It is clear the CEO, Board of Directors and Senior Management have very little concern for customers who are on there 4th and 5th GM owned vehicles. Which is why we bought the Ford Expediton and did not purchase another GM vehicle. By the way, my Ford Expedition is not a high design product but it performs. It performs as it was designed and hasn't cost this consumer any unexpected problems. At this point how could we recommend your product when all we get is excuses for flaws, because it was inherent in the design of a luxury product. Bottom line, you don't know luxury. Please feel free to call. Cordially, Chris Matzke

September 19, 2014

Chris, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of these concerns and provide your feedback. We understand your frustrations and are sorry for any inconveniences. We would like to speak with you regarding these issues and repairs. Please feel free to call us at 972-964-3540 and ask to speak with our service manager, Barry Wallace, so we can directly address these issues with you. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you.

"Wow. Just wow. "

I have three children. Plus the wife and I have three cars between us. Let's just say I have bought a few cars before. I have bought from that Chevy dealership on 35 in Carrollton, the Chevy dealership in Richardson, plus all three Dealerships on 75 as well. No complaints to speak of. I walked into Ewing GMC on the 28th of August wanting to look at a specific vehicle. I had spoke to Wayne the night before so he knew I was coming. He had the car sitting up front in the shade ready for a test drive. How great is this. We didn't have to wander the lot and we didn't have a dead battery when I turned the key. Top notch customer service. I like the car. We talk turkey with no running back and forth between me and the manager. He countered my first offer and I agreed to his offer. Off to finance we go where the guys got me a great interest rate. Over all a two hour process which is ok with me. I wish I could remember everyone's name who helped. I'll just say I was extremely pleased with the overall experience. 2 years of free scheduled maintenance was included with my car. I can't wait to check out their service department. If it's anything like sales, I'll be very happy. I think Ewing May have just gained a customer for life.

Wayne Holten

September 02, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you feedback. We're so glad to hear you were pleased with your experience and we look forward to your first service visit! If there is ever anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call! We hope you're loving your new car, and thank you again for your business and great review!

"Exceptional Auto Purchase Experience!!"

Larry Hallman at Ewing GMC did an exceptional job with my recent auto purchase experience. You found the exact vehicle that we wanted and got it into your dealership ASAP. None better and I have purchased A LOT of vehicles in my time!! Thanks again Larry for the no hassle sales pitch and you got things done in a timely fashion, including handling the trade-in!! We will be back again to deal with you!!

July 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience! It's greatly appreciated and your feedback means a lot! We will be sure to pass along your comments to Larry and the rest of the team! Thanks again!

"Customer-friendly service department"

Brad Ancker is a professional and courteous assistant service manager. When he couldn't duplicate our Acadia's intermittent remote start issue at his shop, he helped me troubleshoot it over the phone. Turns out it was due to low fuel (disables remote start), which looked even lower with the car sitting on an incline. Brad's and Ewing's overall level of support is what I'd expect from the Mercedes-Benz dealer next door to them. But we didn't have to buy an $80K GL-450 SUV to get it!

Brad Ancker

July 24, 2014

Mike, we greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback on Brad and our service department. It's great to hear you were impressed with him and we're glad he was able to help solve the issue with your remote start. Thank you for your business and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviews of Randy Harp