Ewing Buick GMC

4464 West Plano Parkway,
Plano, Texas 75093
Ewing Buick GMC Info
About Ewing Buick GMC

The history of Ewing Buick GMC began in 1940 when Fin Ewing's grandfather, Bruton Orand, moved from Waco to Dallas to take over the management of Morris Buick. Soon after, Mr. Orand started Orand Buick at 2128 Cedar Springs near downtown Dallas, the present location of The Crescent. Mr. Orand probably didn't know at the time that he was founding a family-owned business that would span over 70 years. His first challenge was to weather World War II. This was a time when tires were not available and gas was rationed. In fact, one might say it was the worst possible time to go into the car business! He persevered, however, using the basic principles of serving the customer and maintaining a high level of integrity, and as a result, his business prospered. When Bruton Orand died in 1961, his son-in-law, Finley Ewing, Jr., who had gone to work for Mr. Orand in 1957, took over the business. Under Mr. Ewing's leadership, plans for future growth took shape. In 1972, Mercedes-Benz of Plano was formed and became the owner of the newly-awarded Mercedes-Benz franchise, setting up shop at new facilities off the Dallas Parkway. In 1973, the Orand Buick name was changed to Ewing Buick before it relocated to its new facilities off the Dallas Parkway just north of Mercedes-Benz of Plano.

About Ewing Buick GMC

brittcm22
5/21/2015

"THANK YOU Suzanne, Ron, Brad, Joe, and Ewing Family!"

I cannot say enough about this company as a whole. Driven by great people, consistantly providing exceptional "service". I put that in quotation because it is really MORE than service. It really is just amazing interactions. These people are so genuine and amazing at what they do. My purchases are on point with what I am looking for, the process is not just easy, but fun (who knew a car transaction could be fun!), and fulfilling. I seriously will never go anywhere else. Suzanne Newman, our sales gal, was so on point with everything and made the process what it was - the best. Ron is a fantastic manager, and made it a point to stop in and say hello. Brad in Service is exceptional and has taken amazing care of us, and the Ewing family - well the entire working facility speaks for itself. You can't keep great people around if you don't keep an amazing atmosphere. WELL DONE! Thank you all so much for all of the pleasant encounters and for my second AMAZING buick! I love it, and I love your company. BEST dealership EVER.

Brad Ancker, Charlie Ewing, Charlie Ewing

May 22, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! Customer service will always be a top priority for us here at Ewing Buick GMC and we're so glad to hear that you've had such good experiences with our team. Please let us know if you ever need anything else for your Buick. Thanks again!

Plano truck owner
5/20/2015

"Positive, low pressure experience"

We worked with David Saner. He never pressured us or tried to show us something we didn't ask for. There were no surprises between my browsing online and when I showed up in person. I'd definitely do business with Ewing again.

David Saner

May 21, 2015

That's what we like to hear! We understand that buying a new car is stressful enough, so we don't want to put any more pressure on you to make your decision. We just want to make sure you have all the information for what you are looking for. Please let us know what else we can help you with in the future. Thank you!

pleased car buyer
5/09/2015

"Efficient, professional & personable"

I was professionally greeted by Herman Jackson, who at the onset provided a comfortable setting for continuing my vehicle search. I sought a heavily discounted vehicle, as advertised in the national Buick promotions on TV, for my spouse. Since she was not with me, we quickly reviewed all the current options and available programs. One particular car stood out, which I considered as a good selection for her. After a thoughtful presentation of the features, followed by a pleasant test drive, I inquired about price and financing. Within minutes the professional staff working with Mr. Jackson presented me with an outstanding lease price, with several options for payment. I advised Mr. Jackson that I would need to confer with my spouse and provide an answer to him the next morning. She reviewed the information provided and photos I took of the car and was pleased. We consummated the deal today and so far we are very pleased with the entire experience.

Herman Jackson, Michael Schrayer, and Joe Ehman

May 11, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with Herman and the rest of our team! We're really glad to hear that we could help you pick out the car your wife was looking for and everything went smoothly. If you have any questions about your new ride, feel free to drop in and see us again soon!

ash.nich22
5/07/2015

"It was efficient, professional, and caring"

We had a very good experience at Ewing Buick GMC. The team stayed 2 hours after closing to find us the best deal and get us into our new truck that night. I would definitely come here again and recommend this dealership to anyone.

May 08, 2015

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our dealership! Customer service is always a top priority for our team and we were more than happy to stay late to make sure you got your new truck as soon as possible. We appreciate you choosing Ewing Buick GMC and we can't wait to see you again!

KWilliams
5/06/2015

"Dealership is home to the Wizard!"

After being baited by another GMC dealership "they-who-shall-remain nameless" and chasing a mirage for several hours, I was more than a little jaded, so I did my research online, decided that a good percentage of the reviews I read were legitimate. I especially liked the angry folks on yelp, it takes a truely pissed off person to write a review. However, the appealing thing about these angry reviews was the genuine response from the dealership with an appeal to make things right with the angry posters. After several phone and email exchanges, I was contacted by Darrell, pronounced "Da-rell", after my previous experience, all my spidy senses were on high-alert for a slick-talker, especially when I heard the distinctive NY accent. Then Darrell delivered the impossible news my ears were bleeding to here, "I have some good news, we have your car and an approval", at a rate I am too excited about to mention aloud much less type for fear it's a dream and I might wake up. So, I travelled over to Ewing, the showroom is not as flashy as some, but nice, and everyone I encountered was friendly and looked tired for the last day of the month, which is a good sign. Darell, my salesperson was extremely nice, very knowledgeable on the product, GMC Acadia and very patient. Naturally, after reading all the "what not to do at a new car dealership", I resisted the urge to take a test drive and kept my Acadia drool to a minimum, until I knew my trade offer and sales price and encentives were genuine. I did give myself away a bit when I admitted to wanting an extended warranty, I just knew I would not be able to afford it, and although after markets are less expensive, I wanted it inclusive in the finance, set and forget. I am a previous Acadia owner from the first model year, and my baby is particular and incapable of tolerating cheap, unknowledgeable, off the road maintenance. We needed the best, bumper-to-bumper! After a few hours, I drove away from Ewing in my shiny new GMC Acadia, in complete disbelief that I had walked out of a new car dealership without that awful remorse when you feel like you just got beat. Lol. It was an amazing experience and when I get ready to upgrade to true Luxury, the Buick Enclave Tuscan, I will drive from wherever I happen to be in the U.S. to come back to Ewing. Ewing is apparently a portal to Hogwarts, because Joe Ensey, the finance manager is a freakin Gryffindor magician!

Joe Ensey, Finance

May 07, 2015

Thank you for this wonderful review! Customer service is always a top priority for us here at Ewing Buick GMC and we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed working with Darell, Joe, and the rest of our team during your visit. If you need anything else, we hope you'll stop in, either by driving in or taking the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9 3/4. Thanks again!

michele
4/28/2015

"excellent salesmen and customer service"

I just purchased a 2011 Camaro from this dealership last week, I was financed outside the dealership and on finance company's end, they made it difficult...however, Frank Alsides, my salesman, went out of his way to do everything he could to get me into this car! Everybody I dealt with there at the dealership was wonderful and it was excellent customer service! I have already highly recommended Ewing Buick GMC Plano to many people!

Frank Alsides

April 29, 2015

Thank you for your recommendations, Michele! Customer service is always one of our team's highest priorities and we're glad to hear you really enjoyed working with Frank and the rest of us here at Ewing Buick GMC. If you have any questions about your new ride, feel free to stop by when you have a chance and we'll gladly help you once more. Thanks again!

mnremarkable
4/11/2015

"herman jackson"

he was super easy to deal with very friendly and let us alone when needed knowledge of the vehicles was excellent too a great salesman

herman jackson

April 14, 2015

We're so glad to hear that. Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

sc
3/11/2015

"Very firendly and professional!"

Robert Turlington was our sales rep and he was outstanding! He helped us without pushing and answered all of our questions. We made a decision in 3 days after meeting him and going to Ewing. Everyone there was helpful and friendly. I look forward to going back for my service needs!

March 13, 2015

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback on Robert and your experience with us! We're so happy to hear you were pleased with your visit, and we appreciate your business. If there's ever anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to call, and we look forward to seeing you for your first service visit!

luigib23
3/09/2015

"A Horrible Purchase"

Bought a 2007 Mercedes S550 with 33,000 miles. The sales person assured me the car had been thoroughly checked out including a diagnostic test of the engine. Was told this dealership had very high standards and if a car did not meet theses standards they would send it to the auction rather than place it in their inventory. After driving this car for less than 150 miles the engine malfunction light came on. The authorized Mercedes Benz dealer I took the car to said the Ewing Buick GMC diagnostic test should have revealed the engine problem. The only answer this dealer gave me was you bought the car "as is."The estimate for repairs is $5,473. I would think more than twice before buying a car from this dealer.

Shane

planoshannon
3/06/2015

"Michael and Darrell really do care!"

Being a single mom is tough and buying a new car is even more difficult and overwhelming than that. The time that Darrell and Michael took with me was more than a typical salesman usually takes with any customer. I made multiple visits to the dealership, sent more than 50 text messages and emails to these fine gentlemen until I finally made the decision to buy a 2015 Acadia. Any other salesman would have become frustrated with me and given up the sale because truthfully, I was hard to work with! My budget was tight and my expectations were high but Darrell and Michael worked endless hours reassuring me that I was making the right decision. When someone refers to great customer service, they have no idea what that actually means until they have worked with Darrell and Michael. Darrell spent endless hours with me changing my mind, walking the lot, searching the internet, complaining about being overwhelmed, and being whishy washy. Michael helped make the deal happen after Darrell did all of the leg work. There are not enough good words to use as a description for my customer satisfaction with Ewing Buick or Darrell and Michael. My lifetime business has been earned by these men and I can assure you that I will refer all of my friends to them. Regards, Shannon Callender, Murphy, TX

Michael

March 10, 2015

Ms. Callender, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed working with Darrell and Michael, and we appreciate your great feedback! Thank you for your business and recommendations, and please don't hesitate to call if there's anything else we can assist you with. We hope you're loving your new Acadia, and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviews of Suzanne Koerwer