About Ewing Buick GMC
The history of Ewing Buick GMC began in 1940 when Fin Ewing's grandfather, Bruton Orand, moved from Waco to Dallas to take over the management of Morris Buick. Soon after, Mr. Orand started Orand Buick at 2128 Cedar Springs near downtown Dallas, the present location of The Crescent. Mr. Orand probably didn't know at the time that he was founding a family-owned business that would span over 70 years.
His first challenge was to weather World War II. This was a time when tires were not available and gas was rationed. In fact, one might say it was the worst possible time to go into the car business! He persevered, however, using the basic principles of serving the customer and maintaining a high level of integrity, and as a result, his business prospered.
When Bruton Orand died in 1961, his son-in-law, Finley Ewing, Jr., who had gone to work for Mr. Orand in 1957, took over the business. Under Mr. Ewing's leadership, plans for future growth took shape. In 1972, Mercedes-Benz of Plano was formed and became the owner of the newly-awarded Mercedes-Benz franchise, setting up shop at new facilities off the Dallas Parkway. In 1973, the Orand Buick name was changed to Ewing Buick before it relocated to its new facilities off the Dallas Parkway just north of Mercedes-Benz of Plano.