Ewing Buick GMC

6425 Dallas Parkway,
Plano, Texas 75024
Ewing Buick GMC Info
About Ewing Buick GMC

The history of Ewing Buick GMC began in 1940 when Fin Ewing's grandfather, Bruton Orand, moved from Waco to Dallas to take over the management of Morris Buick. Soon after, Mr. Orand started Orand Buick at 2128 Cedar Springs near downtown Dallas, the present location of The Crescent. Mr. Orand probably didn't know at the time that he was founding a family-owned business that would span over 70 years. His first challenge was to weather World War II. This was a time when tires were not available and gas was rationed. In fact, one might say it was the worst possible time to go into the car business! He persevered, however, using the basic principles of serving the customer and maintaining a high level of integrity, and as a result, his business prospered. When Bruton Orand died in 1961, his son-in-law, Finley Ewing, Jr., who had gone to work for Mr. Orand in 1957, took over the business. Under Mr. Ewing's leadership, plans for future growth took shape. In 1972, Mercedes-Benz of Plano was formed and became the owner of the newly-awarded Mercedes-Benz franchise, setting up shop at new facilities off the Dallas Parkway. In 1973, the Orand Buick name was changed to Ewing Buick before it relocated to its new facilities off the Dallas Parkway just north of Mercedes-Benz of Plano.

About Ewing Buick GMC

RobK
9/21/2016

"Erin Lloyd is THE BEST!!! And I have bought several cars!"

Erin was just perfect in her guidance!! She was honest from the beginning through the end - she knew her stuff but whenever I would ask my millions of questions, she would tell me she didn't know something instead of lying to me and saying what I wanted to hear. Her follow up over the last few days was perfect, and she worked hard to get me the vehicle I wanted at the price I wanted and at the terms I wanted. She is a good, honest, personable person who genuinely cares and wants to help people. Her knowledge of the different vehicles was impressive, and she helped me hone in on the perfect one for me! I also need to give a shout out to Jay in Finance - he was a genuine class act all through my experience.

Poole,Sheila
9/21/2016

"Excellent Service and Excellent Vehicle "

I've given Ewing Buick GMC an excellent rating because my experience with Mr. Wayne Holten whom sold me my vehicle was very thorough with answering my questions about vehicle and also he was very good at providing me the paperwork about the vehicle. He is the best car salesman I've ever encountered because I felt comfortable with making the decision to buy. Ewing Finance team were excellent with making the transaction wonderful. Way to Ewing Buick GMC and team. I will highly recommend anyone who is looking to buy their next vehicle. Happy customer. Sheila Poole

Vsand1509
9/20/2016

"Very satisfied!"

Erin is a great Sales Lady! She knows her vehicles and treated us very well! We got a great deal on a Beautiful Truck. Will buy from Ewing and Erin again

Richard D.
9/17/2016

"3 Words: Professional, Personable, and Committed"

Jose and Finley helped my family find the right vehicle, vet it accordingly, and delivered it my front door in Birmingham. I will not hesitate to do business with them again.

Finley Ewing IV

KBurks35
9/17/2016

"John B"

I came in with two trade in vehicles in the hope to get a newer more reliable vehicle that was in my price range. Thanks to Johns work ethic, he was able to make that happen for me. He was phenomenal as were the other employees I interacted with. Thank you!

Ewing Buick GMC responded to this review

September 17, 2016

Thank you for the kind review. Our customer's satisfaction is very important to us, and it's comments like this that remind John and the rest of our staff here to keep striving for that goal! Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the future.

Dent1100
9/10/2016

"The perfect truck - exactly what I was looking for. "

Wayne was easy to work with, his follow up was spot on! He introduced me to the finance department and from there he continued to follow up, even on his day off. At delivery, he went over the various options on my truck helping me to better understand my truck. Even after the purchase he has further followed up with a little tweak needed on my truck. Overall it was a pleasure to work with the dealership and the Wayne. I was referred to Wayne by Jim Bearden, service, who I have come to appreciate after supervising the service of my car these past two years. The teamwork is exceptional, I highly recommend the dealership and encourage any potential customer to meet these professionals and let them do their job, while you experience the quality of professionalism this dealership exudes from within. Dennis Taylor

Jim bearden

Upsetting experience ever
8/20/2016

"The worst costumer service ever from Brad Ancker!!"

I should have known I would have received the worst costumer service ever when I walked in and overheard Brad Ancker complaining to another service rep about other costumers. While I thought it was unprofessional, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially since I've received good costumer service from other reps from this particular Buick location in the past. Today I walked in to get my air bag checked (light was coming on). From the onset, I was made to feel as though Ancker did not want to provide services to me. He informed me that my warranty was expired at 53000; however, this was not the case. I purchased the vehicle at 60,000 and had purchased extended warranty which would not expire until Nov. 2017 or till I have reached 96000. I felt as though he did not believe me because he kept repeating, "I can't find it in the system-- and it would show up here if you had it." I came in Feb. of this year and the other service rep. had no problem pulling it up. I felt helpless and almost walked out, feeling there was nothing I could do. Why did I have to convince him that I have extended warranty? I even turned to my husband and said, "Let's go." Luckily, my husband turned to me and replied, "Let me go talk Mr. Wilson, the sales rep I bought the car from." Mr. Wilson immediately called someone and provided the information for me to give to Ancker. Fast forward---- After the diagnostic was completed, I was shocked to find out I was being charged $145 for the diagnostic. I then replied, "I'm going to pay for it, but I didn't know about this." He got offended, ranting over and over again how he had explained it to me earlier. Where was I when he allegedly did this?? He said he had never had a costumer have a problem with this before. I asked him, "If you had advised me earlier of the cost, then what do you think you could have done differently so that I could have better understood you? Because we obviously had a misunderstanding in communication here. I've been here before. I've worked with Jim, and he explained everything to me. Very clearly.There was no miscommunication in our dialogue." He then replied that he would do NOTHING differently. He had "not done anything wrong"! In fact, he even added, "The only reason you didn't have a problem with Jim is because you didn't have to pay anything. Your warranty covered everything." I answered, "No, sir. The reason I didn't have a problem with Jim is because I was not made to feel unvalued as a costumer. Not only did you not communicate effectively with me, you are denying any responsibility for the lack of clarity on your end. You even tried to deny me service from the beginning because you claimed I didn't have warranty. You made me feel helpless, so helpless I almost walked out. What I know is this: you gave me poor costumer service. I walked in feeling great and now I'm walking out feeling unvalued as a costumer." He looked at me and ended our conversation with "okay". He clearly did not take pride in his job and in (what I thought was) Buick's philosophy in providing excellent costumer service. What bothers me the most about my whole encounter with Ancker is that he never once apologized for his lack of ineffective communication on his end. To make matters worse, he defended his actions and offended me with his words "The only reason you didn't have a problem before is because you didn't have to pay anything. Your warranty covered everything." He clearly missed the point. This was not about money. This was about his pompous attitude and about not taking responsibility for his actions, his lack of clarity in his (poor) communication skills. This was about how he stated he could have done nothing differently to prevent this. This is about how I felt let down by Buick. Before this encounter today, my husband and I were considering purchasing another vehicle from Buick sometime in the near future. But after this terrible experience today, Buick has permanently lost my business.

Brad Ancker

Paul
8/14/2016

"Best experience in 30 years of car buying"

Was in the market to shift from years of foreign car ownership. After some research, landed at Ewing GMC. As a dealership overall - exceptional professionalism/courtesy, impeccable facility appearance and outstanding attention to detail. From car buying experience - Facts only, no pressure, fair and open disclosure, best use of customer's time and exceptional patience. Suzanne N is one of the best sales people (in and outside the car market) that I have dealt with. She maintains a benchmark skillset of listening to the customer, remembering the customers priorities, addressing those priorities, dedication to ensuring most seamless process possible and truly cares. Her attention to detail and loyalty to the customer is impeccable. Overall, great experience!

Emily
8/09/2016

"So helpful"

Wayne was awesome. He didn't make you feel pressured to buy or annoyed by our many changes and back and forth. If you are looking to buy a car I would defiantly talk to Wayne. What an amazing experience.

DLuna
8/07/2016

"Long distance buying experience "

After shopping around for a specific vehicle, I found it online over 4hrs away online Ewing, at a great price. I called, and Dave Deshazo was the salesperson who assisted me. Dave was great throughout the whole process and was able to have everything ready and running smoothly, considering the fact I drove from Galveston. Awesome buying experience!

Reviews of Wayne  Holten