Expressway Toyota

Toyota of Watertown

Toyota of Braintree

Author
1/06/2016

"Something Funny going on there..."

We bought a car from there and it was a nightmare. We had to buy from them because we were looking for something specific and they were the only ones who had it. We described what we were looking for: RAV 4, leather seats, not black. Our sales rep (Chris) walked away and came back with a "amazing deal" from his manager (John). John apparently had apparently written our price in big blue numbers. We reviewed it and then noticed there was a price printed on the paper that was crossed out and was $2000 less. We asked why this printed price was lower and crossed out. Chris said he didn't know and had to check. Wouldn’t the manager or system say were that price came from? Are you not the one selling this car? Any way he leaves again and we wait 10 minutes. Chris then comes back to tell us that there is a glitch in the system…. But strangely enough the price we were give was $2000 more than what was on the paper, which so happens to be the cost of leather seats… We were furious with this game of relay the message (poor Chris was in the middle) and asked to speak with John the manager who came over with an attitude. He ask what we wanted to pay for the car. Well $20 would be nice! Seriously? We want to pay a Fair Price! Enough with these games! Anyway, he matched the original lower price after much argument and frustration that was scratched out and with the leather seats. So we draw up the papers and they say ok it will be $X amount plus taxes and fees. Okay how much are those. Well they "are taxes and fees. They are what they are..." WHAT IS THIS? We asked for the complete total and they said they "Couldn't Tell Us Until We Signed." What?? I am pretty sure that is illegal. They then followed it up with "You can walk out." Who said anything about walking out?? So we did and they said unless we put down a $300 non refundable deposit the deal was off the table. We walked out. As I stated before, they were the only ones that had what we wanted so we ended up going back anyway. We found Chris who was apologetic, but lucky us, John was there again. John ended up giving us the same deal only a couple of hundred dollars more because we wanted leather seats to be put in but they "ran out of coupons" for them?! Since when are there coupons for cars? Yea not "buying it. " Any of the other reviews you see here that are calling this dealership good only are saying that because they got scammed with a smile.

Chris and John

Grateful customer
11/23/2015

"Fantastic Service Department! Nick is the best!"

I had an unexpected tire problem while travelling in the area and pulled in to Expressway Motors for emergency services. My first thought was that I was at their mercy because I couldn't go anywhere until my tire was repaired. Nick not only diagnosed the problem quickly but also understood my need to get back on the road fast. They worked on my car right away and had it done in no time! With free wi-fi and a comfortable waiting area, I was even able to get some work done. Everyone I spoke with was courteous and professional. While most service experiences are less than pleasant, this one was a complete joy! Thank you, Nick! I truly appreciate your taking my major crisis and turning it into just a minor speed bump in the day.

Nick

d.M.
11/08/2015

"Exceptional Service - Leasing Made Easy"

Review Does Expressway Toyota use ratings beyond 10. If not they should . This is my second time returning to the dealership for a vehicle. My first time leasing. I was so nervous and unsure that this was the way to go. there were so many questions. George demystified all the negative things I'd heard about leasing. Made e comfortable with the process. George Chandler is the reason why I returned to Expressway Toyota! His professionalism and integrity will always bring me back. He's exceptional and defies the stereotypical car sales person. KEEP HIM. I"ll always return and recommend family and friends to Expressway Toyota!!! I thought I'd miss my Highlander - Nope, I love my 2015 Sienna. Thank you! George you're the best!!

George Chandler

Nuguyale4
10/27/2015

"My experience was AWESOME"

I was trea it very well, with respect it was a very pleasant and they focus on my need I'm very satisfy with the service Thank you so much

The front desk lady, Mister George Chandler , and I believe was Kevin

Carina2004!
10/17/2015

"Carlos and Antonia Spinola"

My wife and I have just purchased a 2015 Rav4 at this dealership and we couldn't be happier. We were greeted at the door by Mark Hickey who made us feel at home from the beginning to the end. He listened to us, and he made every effort to get us what we wanted. We left the dealership with a nice vehicle and a sense of gratitude that will last for a long time. Mark is the best. We are also very grateful to Vladimir and Tony. Quenha qui cre cumpra um carro num lugar bastante conveniente, na undi preco e razoavel e atendimento e espetacular, debe bai pa Express Motors na Morrissey Boulevard, Dorchester, MA 02122. Nhos pergunta pa Mark Hickey.

Mark Hickey

Prudence
9/15/2015

"Great Service!"

I bought a new Camry from this dealership. My overall experience was a very comfortable, well kept dealership. The staff were very approachable and despite being busy they afforded time to answer my queries. In particular was Mr. Aeon King. This is the young man to see when you visit the Expressway Toyota. Mr. King is very knowledgable about cars. He explained to the finest details all aspects of the Camry which I purchased, and also encouraged to ask questions. He made sure to walk me through from the point of sale to making the first appointment for the Camry. I would recommend anyone who is patient and willing to know and learn about their next new vehicle to Definitely check out Expressway Toyota!!

Mr. King, Mr. David (finance), other staff

MartyK
9/15/2015

"Excellent!"

Absolutely good and informative services, from sales to the garage, at Expressway Toyota. Especially a salesman, Mr. Aeon King! He was honest, hard working professional. I recently purchased a 2015 Camry XLE from Mr. King, and he ensured that I was completely satisfied and educated on the vehicle. I would highly recommend working with Mr. King to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle at Expressway Toyota.

Mr. Aeon King

Alan Z
8/26/2015

"RUN AWAY from this dealership"

I was looking for a used Toyota Sienna XLE AWD and Expressway advertised one with the options I was looking for a what seemed a fair price. Only a stock photo of the van came up on their web site (it should have been my first clue). I called and asked for pictures and the condition of the van since I live about 2 hours away and wanted to know the exact condition before I made the trip down. I first contacted Christine McNeil Business Development Representative she said she would provide me with the information I was looking for and even send me a video. The video was sent to me a few days later but only showed only 1 side on the van and no interior views. I called back the next day I spoke to Joel Gordon the Business Development Director. He stated he would get a better video to me. No new video came and after a couple more phone calls Joel went down to the lot and walked around the van telling me what great condition it was in and how nice it was taken care of. Great, I drove down the 2 hours that Saturday to see and drive the van. Guess what the van was trashed, keys were missing and we couldn’t get inside, paint scratches and paint chips, really dirty both inside and out. So I was very upset and went to leave when the sale manager stopped me to talk. He explained that this was a “Certified Used Toyota” and all the issues I saw would be taken care of. They would take it to their body shop and fix the paint, supply 2 new keys, and ensure it met the high standards of a Toyota Certified car. This was said over and over. I was told to look up what had to happen to ensure the van was Toyota Certified. Toyota does have an entire list of expectation and minimum requirement for a Certified used Toyota and with all the promises I caved in and purchased the van. The even promised to bring it to my house for delivery when it was ready. (Yeah that was stupid of me!) It took them 3 week s to fix and prep the van. They promised me a video before they delivered the car so I could see if they fixed it correctly. After several calls to the dealership and no return calls back I was able to get the video which did not give any close ups so I could not tell if it was fixed. Well of course it wasn’t, paint chips filled in by what must have been a 2 year old, scratches all over, scratches on the inside, stains on the carpet, a missing key, broken head phones. Everything that was to be fixes was no, even after giving them 3 weeks. Toyota just says go back to the dealership we can’t do anything even if the car doesn’t meet the minimum standards set by them for a Certified Used Toyota. The dealership say take the 5 + hours out of your life and we’ll look at it. I was lied to from day 1 by multiple people at this dealership…STAY AWAY!

Joel Gordon, Christine McNeil, Wesner Jean

Ajats
8/24/2015

"Department does not know what they are selling"

It was very unfortunate that I chose Expressway for leasing. I got final quote from Mr. Brian Walsh and we agreed upon my next visit to dealership. When I reached dealership Mrs. Youvhana surprised me that her manager did not want to sale the car because he/she wasn't aware about any quote from internet sales department. I was really surprised as I was fully prepared to lease the car. She roam here and there for 15-20 minutes and then informed me that this deal is not going through as her manager wasn't updated with this sale. After follow up with Mr. Brian next day and after providing incident details. He just eloped like UFO. No response from him. This is the way expressway works where inter departments do not know what they are selling to customer. That was a very frustrating and humiliating experience. Would suggest others to think ten times to visit this dealership. Also message for management to work collaboratively with in departments.

Brian Walsh, Mrs. Youvhana

Mimi
8/13/2015

"Courteous prompt service"

My suv needed immediate attention as there was a nail in one of the tires. I didn't want to get stranded somewhere with a flat so I just drove to expressway. It was so busy that I was expecting to be there most of the afternoon. But i just drove in and was seen immediately and given prompt courteous service by everyone in the service area. Amy was honest and very professional in our conversation and very pleasant. I was out in about an hour !

amy