Expressway Toyota

Expressway Toyota
Call
Expressway Toyota Info
About Expressway Toyota

Welcome to Expressway Toyota & Scion of Boston! Come see why more people are choosing Expressway for their new and pre-owned vehicle purchases! Car shopping again? Make sure to visit our website www.ExpresswayToyota.com. Then call, chat, text or email us and make an appointment to browse our inventory on our rooftop showroom overlooking the Boston skyline. Grab a bite at the Camry Cafe- our 20 seat restaurant- serving breakfast, lunch and dinner all week! We are conveniently located directly on Route 93 (the "Expressway") across from the landmark Boston Rainbow GasTank. Exit 15 from the North. Exit 13 from the South. Need a tune-up? Expressway Toyota's factory-trained technicians will service your Toyota vehicle for repairs, scheduled maintenance, oil changes, tire rotations, brake service and more. The Expressway Toyota Rental Department is stocked with rental cars and vans available to rent for a day or a month! Read our reviews. Take a look around our website, then feel free to contact us. We have representatives in each department ready to assist you!

About Expressway Toyota

Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

• Camry Cafe Restaurant

"great service "

Shane was extremly profession, friendly and made the whole process easy to understand in making a decision on the type of vechile and the best option of fiancing. We had so many question and he was able to answer everyting. great job shane.

Shane London Dennis

"A Refreshing Experience"

Expressway Toyota is unlike any dealership I’ve experienced before. Over the years I have visited several dealerships and have not felt comfortable with the typical aggressive sales tactics. Expressway Toyota and Mr. Charles Cooper provided my family with an excellent car buying experience. Mr. Cooper took his time with my family and helped us make a decision that was right for our budget and our family. The transaction went smoothly and I was able to drive the car the very next afternoon. We look forward to purchasing our next car at Expressway and definitely recommend Mr. Cooper and this dealership to our friends and family.

Charles Cooper

"Great experience"

We found the employees and overall experience at Expressway Toyota, Dorchester, MA absolutely wonderful! We are very happy with our 2011 used Toyota Sienna purchase, and look forward to returning to the dealership for future service(s).

Shane London Dennis, Kapryse Hall

"First let me say that you should review the complaints on..."

First let me say that you should review the complaints on the Better Business Bureau. There are consistent, well-documented issues with customer service and price discrepancies at Expressway Toyota. Let me tell you the conclusion first: I did purchase a vehicle here. It was not detailed or serviced. It took me hours to fight for delivery. There was a razor blade on the back seat when I received the vehicle (presumably from scraping off the MSRP sticker) and the spare tire was taken and replaced with a doughnut. The floormats were dirty and in a pile in the trunk. Not installed. I will clean it and pay to have it serviced. Although you may get the price you want at this location, it comes with a huge cost of time and service. The customer service at Expressway is absolutely the worst I have ever experienced. Buyer beware that you will have to spend a huge amount of time and effort, fighting for your deal. If you don't specifically ask for something that seems standard (like the spare tire that's always included), they will take advantage of you. Next time, in addition to going somewhere else, I will not hand over the final payment until I have the keys to the vehicle and am satisfied with the condition. Lesson learned. Here's more detail of my absolutely abysmal experience with Expressway Toyota: - I purposefully parked my car (to be traded) at the end of the parking lot in a spot that was out the way. Upon valuation, it was moved to a different spot and immediately blocked in by other vehicles. I literally could not leave the premises and it took an hour to "find" the owner. The owner worked for Expressway and this was a sales ploy to keep the negotiations moving. - I negotiated a price for the vehicle to be purchased on a Tuesday. It took four hours due to constant delays and layers of management discussion and business-office analysis at Expressway. I bought a car in cash. There's not much to analyze. - I informed Sonny Chen, my sales associate, that I would be returning on a Friday to pick up the vehicle. I specifically stated that the car should be detailed, serviced, and an agreed-upon repair completed. Sonny agreed and said that was no problem. He offered to also have a service record on Friday and I said I would like that. - On Friday I return with my husband and child to pick up the vehicle. I inspect it in the lot and note that it's not clean, but the repair was done. - After two hours of waiting, some paperwork, and more management discussions, I ask for my vehicle. Sonny says that it's not ready becauase the repair wasn't done. This is a lie (#1). I tell him this is unacceptable given that Expressway now has the title to the vehicle I'm trading, the title to my new vehicle, and full payment in cash. He tells me that it will take hours to get the parts for the repair. More lies. - Sonny agrees to deliver my vehicle to my home that evening. This is frustrating, but fair (in my opinion). - I call Sonny at noon to remind him to bring the service record upon delivering the vehicle. He agrees. - That afternoon I have not heard anything and I reach out to Sonny. After leaving him messages, he responds that my car cannot be delivered because it's now outside of business hours. I respond that I want his manager's name and number immediately. - It is now 5:00pm on a Friday afternoon. There is no answer at the Expressway Operator phone number, no answer on Sonny's phone, and no answer when I am transferred to the Sales department. I end up calling the Phone Sales group and pretending to be a new customer just to talk to a person. Phone sales tells me that I can leave a message for a manager. I do that and no call is returned. - At 5:15pm Sonny finally answers (because I continually call until he picks up, as he's working until 6pm). He tells me that the issue is with taking dealer plates needed for delivery off the lot after hours. This is a lie (#2). I ask for his manager. He tells me there's no one on site, but that he will have someone deliver the car tonight. I request his manager call me in the morning. Sonny says that they will. This is a lie (#3). - The car is delivered by a very kind driver (not Sonny). The deliverer does not have the service record which I requested, so he calls Sonny. Sonny says he will email it. This is a lie (#4). To this day (weeks later) I do not have a service record and the "needs maintenence" signal is on in the vehicle. - I had another question so the deliverer kindly called Sonny again. The deliverer said to Sonny, "Why don't you just talk to the customer and clear this us?" and he attempted to hand me the phone. Sonny then said he was at a funeral and couldn't talk. For the record, it was 6:30pm on a Friday night. This was a lie (#5). I know that buying cars from dealerships always involves some hassle, but Expressway Toyota completely disregards the normal course of business and completely insults their customers. I, along with other reviewers on Yelp, google, and the better business bureau, recommend you AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

Sonny Chen

"Jeana was great, took excellent care of us. They were..."

Jeana was great, took excellent care of us. They were super busy so it took a while, but not Jeanas fault. I would recommend her to anyone.

Jeana Kelly

"I had a very positive experience once I came here. I had..."

I had a very positive experience once I came here. I had been searching for a little while, but felt very comfortable with Shane. He was honest and would recommend him to my friends in the future. Initially, I had selected another car and they were honest about what they could give me for a price and I changed to a different version of the same car. The price was very reasonable and actually came in almost $3000 less than what it was listed for with NADA. I asked about making sure it was checked over and looked nice when I picked it up. There was a point htat he needed to get a specific part which delayed delivery for a day, and Shane was very apologetic for the delay. For me, it was just about getting it right. He didn't even mention the fact that they were going over all the systems and replacing what wasn't us to thier spec. When I picked the car up and was given the service records, I was amazed that they had replaced all 4 tires the brakes, rotors and a variety of other items. Shane even was there at the dealers on the day I picked up the car even on his day off,. And I couldn't even get there when I promised him and I didn't feel rushed at all. The only thing I would suggest is that they toot their horn a little bit by letting me know all the extra things that were done for the car that I didn't even expect. It was a very good experience....one that I was not really looking forward to as someone that was going to but a car. Thank you Shane !!!!!!

Shane london Dennis

"We had a great experience at Expressway Toyota. Shawn was..."

We had a great experience at Expressway Toyota. Shawn was polite and thorough. He explained every part of the car buying process in terms that we could understand. He was available right away for our 1pm appointment (no waiting necessary) and had already pulled up the car to the front of the dealership for our test drive. My wife and I had actually been dreading the car buying process, mostly due to preconceived stereotypes of salespeople in general. However, Shawn and Leo (from the finance office) were some of the nicest people we've met. They answered our questions and didn't push us into anything we didn't understand fully. Highly recommend. -Charlie

Keshan (Shawn) Jungra

"Best service from a dealer I have ever had. I had a..."

Best service from a dealer I have ever had. I had a problem with my Toyota that another dealer could not diagnose. Expressway heard my problem, went through the problem methodically, and SOLVED IT!!! The BEST! Relationship to its customers is unmatched in my opinion.

Nick Poli, Steve (technician)

"This was the best new car buying experience I've ever..."

This was the best new car buying experience I've ever had (and I am 50+)! It was a pleasure to work with Shane. He is very friendly, courteous, attentive, straight forward, and knowledgeable. He made sure I understood how to operate everything before I drove my new highlander away. He even told me to come back as soon as I purchase an iPhone so he can help me sync it to the audio/nav system so I can start using the rest of the features. I will highly recommend him to my family and friends.

Shane London

"I had looked at a car the day before I was ready to..."

I had looked at a car the day before I was ready to purchase. Expressway was the first dealership I went to and I specifically mentioned I was not buying the car that day but the next day I would most definitely be buying a car. The sales associate helped me find and drive a car I was very interested in. I told him if it was still available I'd be back tomorrow. The day of purchase I received a text message and two phone calls from the sales agent and the dealer manager. I did do some other shopping but Expressway had the best deal so I contacted the sales agent to let him know I was on my way to buy the car. We drove from Watertown to Dorchester in a brutal snow storm to get there. When we walked in the sales agent informed us they sold the car to someone else 5 minutes before we walked in the door. We left and went to Braintree. Totally unprofessional and to have us driving all he way there in a huge storm! We know a car deal takes more that 40 minutes, he should have been honest and said someone else was interested and not wasted our time or jeopardized out safety on the road. I will obviously never go back here again and I'm glad I don't have it get my new Toyota from Braintree serviced here.

Angelo

Expressway Toyota responded to this review

February 16, 2014

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience. I am familiar with your situation, and I do recall your visit both days. Unfortunately, these things just happen from time to time, and it's no fun for you and us both. Unless the vehicle is held with a deposit, there is just no way to prevent someone else from being interested in it or buying it- even if it happens minutes before you arrive. I do remember that day very well, and I certainly apologize you came here in the rain storm to find the vehicle was in the process of being sold. Please contact us at sales@expresswaytoyota.com and we would be happy to discuss further if you'd like.