Germain Honda of Beavercreek

Roush Honda

alexcb9
2/25/2015

"Very awesome staff!"

Josh Stratton was so great! He sold me a really sweet 2015 Honda Civic SI for a great price! I've been telling everyone to go to Germain Honda of Beavercreek!

JMB
2/22/2015

"Three Issues Resolved"

In an earlier review I reported buying a 2011 Hyundai Sonata from Germain Honda of Beavercreek on 1-24-15. There were 3 issues with the car. All 3 have been fixed by Germain. The oil pan was resealed, the door seal replaced and the odometer reading was corrected. Neil Lindhout, Bill Hanson, Matt Swink and John Olack did a great job of taking care of these issues.

Neil Lindout, Bill Hanson, Matt Swink John Olack

JMB
2/08/2015

"Three Issues to be Resolved"

On 1-24-15 I purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata from salesman Neil Lindout of Hidy Honda, 2300 Heller Drive, Beavercreek, OH, (937) 426-9564. One week later, Germain Honda of Dublin, 6715 Sawmill Road, Dublin, OH 43017, (614) 764-9449, purchased Hidy. I have three issues with the car. An oil pan leak, a worn and torn driver’s door seal and incorrect mileage noted on the Retail Buyers Order. Oil pan leak. When I bought the car, I noticed that there was motor oil on the oil pan and engine block. Neil Lindout, the salesman, and the service person on duty stated that it was probably an oil change spill and that if it was a leak that the oil pan screws would be tightened. If this did not cure the leak, then the oil pan gasket would be replaced. The oil was cleaned from the block and pan. One week later, I took the car to and independent garage, and the mechanic stated that the oil pan was leaking. When I took time off work on 2-4-15 and returned to Hidy for an inspection, I told salesman Neil Lindout and service manager Bill Hanson about the independent garage inspection results, Bill Hanson decided to tighten the screws, clean the oil pan and have me return at “my convenience” for another inspection. I returned to Hidy/Germain on 2-6-15 and it was still leaking, although less. Neal Lindout stated that he did not want to “get in the middle”. Bill Hanson did the inspection and after a bit of discussion stated that the leaking oil pan gasket would be replaced and the 3 month warranty $100 deductible would be waved. I will now report on the worn and torn driver’s door seal and then continue with the oil leak. Worn and torn driver’s door seal. This was brought to Neil Lindout’s attention on 1-30-15. He stated that he would discuss the matter with Hidy/Germain owners. As of 2-6-15 Neil had notified no one. So I informed Bill Hanson on 2-6-15. I also mentioned that when the two repairs were made I would need a way to get to work (a loaner car). Bill then stated that he would bring the oil leak and door seal issues to the Dealership’s owners attention and call me back late on 2-6-15 or 2-9-15. Also, Hidy/Germain’s Shuttle Bus has a 20 mile limit (I work about 30 miles from Hidy), Hidy does not loan cars and they do have a “car rental service” on site. Finally, when I bought the car, the odometer read 66990 miles. The Retail Buyers Order states 65527 miles, a difference of 1463 miles that will affect the 4000 mile used car warranty. I will report how Hidy/Germain resolves these issues.

Neil Lindout, Bill Hanson

stevenvdeal
8/04/2014

"Hollered at By Dealership Manager!"

We went in with a price in mind and a lender. Never felt safe the entire time we were there. Always felt like we were being worked. We were holding firm to our price target, but were pretty far apart. Instead of just saying they couldn't meet those constraints, they kept stringing us along. Finally, they worked the switch from price point to monthly payment when we mentioned that was also a target. They could meet our monthly payment if we sacrificed the lender who had our trust and loyalty. The manager came in to ask why we thought it was fair to him to stick with a higher rate with a lender and make him eat into his profit. We didn't care to eat into his profit. If the deal wasn't fair to him, that was okay with us, we'd shop elsewhere. We gave up and moved to leave. The manager yelled, "THANKS FOR WASTING OUR TIME!" We kept thinking about how much of our time they wasted stringing us along with their games. As we left, we noted there were three or four sales people just standing there doing nothing. I guess there are all kinds of ways to waste time. Anyway, we have been sharing this story and hearing a lot of other horror stories about Hidy Honda. Stay away.

Bob Armstrong, finance guy, afternoon manager on 7/30/2014

suecrv3
6/01/2014

"Misdiagnosed brake noise & other"

2012 CRV developed brake noise on trip to Ohio. Dropped off at Hidy and problem was misdiagnosed as, "left front backing plate making noise- adjusted left front backing plate- completed" Same brake noise developed during return trip home. Dropped off at local Honda dealer who immediately found the REAL problem, ordered parts, and repaired it correctly!! ALSO, stapled to my invoice was a Multi-Point Inspection checklist for ANOTHER CUSTOMER (Jason C. 2001 Honda Civic) containing his: name, phone number, email address, VIN, etc. etc. Credibility issue here????

Bill Hanson

LarryBen
5/03/2014

"Awesome experience and price"

I compared prices amongst three dealerships in the Dayton area and Hidy Honda was able to beat the best price by $305. Not only did they do this incredible price, but they also had to go out and get it from another dealer's lot. The transaction was all above board with no hidden charges. I was very skeptical of new car dealers but I have to tell you that I was very happy in the end because they found me what I wanted for the absolutely lowest price I've ever seen even on the Internet - no one has gotten the price I got. And the service was fast and friendly. Highly recommend Hidy Honda . 2014 Honda Accord Sport.

Kelly - Internet sales

Humtum487
4/25/2014

"Never ever buy from Hidy honda, you would regret it."

We bought a certified, well, it said certified but was not, honda pilot 2011 from hidy honda in august 2013 and it had 12 months or 12000 miles warranty on it from honda and they talked us into buying extended warranty fir 7 years or 100,000 miles on top of that, it has not been an year or even 12000 miles and this car is starting to shake while driving and having some other problems, we took it to the dealership germaine honda near us and they said that the hidy honda gave us car without inspecting it, it said certified and they were suppose to take care of any issues before selling it but they just picked up a car from their lot and gave it to us without inspection, they told us it needs breakpads and roters and bunch of other stuff replaced and hidy is suppose to take care of it, well, long story short, we took it to hidy and they are being an xx about it, and not willing to fix anything under their wareanty or the extended warranty we bought, tthey want us to pay $2000 out of pocket for the repairs. My question is, why do we buy certified? Why do we get extended wardanties if the dealership is not gonna cover it? I will never go to hidy again, and never recommend them to anybody, they are so mean and disrespectfull people. Stay away from them.

William Atkins

je5157
3/08/2014

"The employees were curtious and friendly. They answered..."

The employees were curtious and friendly. They answered all our questions. Josh meet all the goals we had to purchase the Van The financial person did a great job explaining all the paper work.The dealship was clean and neat. Josh did extra tasks.He took the license plates from our traded in van and installed them for us.

mpbuschur
2/25/2014

"I chose to return to Hidy Honda for a second purchase in..."

I chose to return to Hidy Honda for a second purchase in 14 months because of the exceptional service we have received. Me and my wife purchased our first ever Honda in December of 2013, a Civic. The Civic gets great gas milage and the price was unbeatable. I decided last night to trade in our 1999 Ford F150 and get my wife a Ridgeline for her birthday. I knew the only place to go was Hidy Honda. Josh is a great person to deal with when it comes to a no hastle deal. He was professional, patient, and very thorough when it came to answering all my questions. If you are looking to purchase a new vehicle I would highly recommend you give Josh a call! 937 426-9564 I retired from the Army and have purchased serveral new vehicles but Josh is the only sales person we have ever returned to for a second purchase. I love my new Honda!!! Thanks Hidy Honda see you when my oil needs changed.

Radiggan
1/29/2014

"I decided to write this review because the commercials..."

I decided to write this review because the commercials make me laugh. Went to look at a new accord coupe. While negotiating on the price the saleswomen worked with the manager and give me a price $500 more then I was willing to pay. I said I had to go home and think about it. I did some research and saw the price I wanted was fair and called them the next day to see if they would go down $500. She had to talk it over with her manager and would get back to me. She called back and left a voice mail saying Great news give us a call. I called back and the news was the car was now $1000 more! What, I never heard of this, I declined and went and bought an accura in Columbus. 2 weeks later she calls back and said I could have the car for the price I originally wanted. This dealership plays games, I suggest taking your business elsewhere.

Kelly