Hatfield Kia

Finance Manager/Sales Manager

Dustin  Townsend, Sales, Hatfield Kia

Dustin Townsend

September 06, 2016

"Be ready for the shell game"

- Carguy

My wife and I were looking for another vehicle trying to decide between new and used. After checking many options online I saw a price that looked good at Hatfield Kia and also liked the 0% financing for 66 months option. I called in and spoke to Kevin who reassured me 3 times that I can have the car at the online price plus $800 (because I did not qualify for 2 incentives)for 0% 66 months. 2 days later we went in spoke with Kevin and test drove he was a calm salesman who answered our questions and appeared to be very helpful. Once we decided on a car it was time to agree on a price. The entire negotiation was based on 0% for 66 months as we had mentioned throughout the day at least 3 more times in addition to the 3 times I told him by phone that we do not want to deal with interest. He went to the manager a few times as we thought the price was to high and didn't really except their reasoning that a 2016 base optima with grey interior should be more expensive than a 2016 base optima with beige interior they had the same miles and trim package but he said the beige interior car had been on the lot longer which made it cheaper. After some negotiation based centrally around 0% for 66 months we all agreed on a price. Then it came time to talk about our trade in they offered us what we thought was a low price so following good advice we decided to go to Carmax we told them we would be back and they said our negotiated price would still be good so we went to Carmax and they offered us double Hatfield's offer for our old car and that was sale price not trade in. After returning to Hatfield we learned our salesman had left for the day and we were dealing with the finance guy after checking our deal again we discovered that it was based on interest. I told him this is a mistake and he continued to disagree so I asked him to call our salesman's mobile so he did and put him on speaker telling him the situation upon hearing this the salesman completely lied and said that our negotiation was based on the loan with interest after we repeatedly stated to him we need a zero interest loan and he never mention to us that the price included interest. I told the finance associate that we wanted the deal we initially agreed on but he declined saying that if we wanted zero interest then they would have to add money to the price of the car. We declined and left. We found a deal at Dennis Hyundai on Morse Road along with an honest salesman, manager and finance all in one dealership which is a first for me.

June 30, 2016

"If you want to buy a Kia, this is THE PLACE!!"

- It5m3!

My wife and I were looking for a replacement for our 2006 SUV and after visiting several dealerships, it was starting to sound all too familiar: Same old, same old. But when we went to Hatfield Kia, we knew right from the beginning that it was the one for us. While the entire Hatfield Kia team was good to work with, our sales associate, Cagney Seay ( with whom I had spoken on the phone) was the main reason we were successful in our purchase. Cagney was polite, personable, well-informed, understanding of our needs and preferences, and offered more in terms of a willingness to make a deal viable than any other such salesperson with whom we have done business in the last 30 years of automotive purchases! We made a "Win-Win" purchase at Hatfield Kia, just the way it should be. Thanks Cagney!!!

June 06, 2016

"A+ customer service Tim Hunt is the BEST"

- biv43146

Tim Hunt was awesome!! Dealing with him was the best experience I have ever had dealing with a car salesperson. I told him what my family needed and he was on top of finding what we wanted. I will definitely recommend Hatfield Kia/Tim Hunt to everyone I know looking for a new car!!!

Hatfield Kia, Columbus, OH, 43228