Honda Of Kingston

738 E Chester St Rt 9W,
Kingston, New York 12401
Honda Of Kingston Info
About Honda Of Kingston

Honda of Kingston located at 738 East Chester St, is your Honda source in Kingston, New York. We provide new and pre-owned sales, service, parts and financing.

About Honda Of Kingston

Acefit411
7/01/2015

"New Car"

2nd car purchased at Honda of Kingston in 2 years! Staff is friendly, and very accommodating. As always a wonderful experience! Thank you Frank for the easy purchase ????

Jon
6/21/2015

"4th Automobile, 3rd Lease."

I just leased a vehicle from Honda of Kingston for the third time. I am satisfied with the deals settled on were fair, and with the rapidity and ease of vehicle selection, testing, changing mind, and driving away in a new affordable lease. I did not have to wait. Separately, I have also been very happy with the warranty service, if and when needed, and periodic maintenance provided by the dealer in the related service center in the nearby location in Kingston. There I have also been treated fairly in servicing vehicles, served quickly and in a very friendly manner. I highly recommend.

BillR
6/20/2015

"Planning to Lease"

I initially inquired about lease deals through the Internet. Frank Guglielmo initially responded. We exchanged several emails and he responded to each one in a timely manner, answering my many questions. When I finally visited the dealership, we took a test drive and Frank completed the transaction quickly and efficiently.

Honda123
6/19/2015

"Do not go here!!!"

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but I really wanted to show how bad this place does business. I went in back in February to test drive a 2015 CR-V as the lease on my current vehicle was going to be up at the end of last month (may). I was told they would pay my last 3 months and that was of course put into what I owed in my loan. This place never sent the payment to pay the last 3 payments and I then accrued a late fee...a $20 fee I've been trying to get back from them since March and still haven't gotten it. They did eventually make the 3 payments. I've given up on the $20. It's not worth my time and I feel like I'll never see it anyway, because theres always an excuse. They also told me I would get my first oil change free because I had to go back to the dealership, so they gave it to me as a courtesy. They said to just mention some guys name or something. I honestly am not even going to try to take advantage of that as I live closer to a dealer in Albany...chances are I'll drive up to Kingston and there will be an excuse about the free oil change. Oh and another thing this place does not return phone calls. They sent me a letter for $5 for them to send me my registration, I called numerous time to see if they could just take it out of the $20 and never heard back...so I just sent the $5 because I had no other choice. I've had so many problems and stress from this place... I must say though I do love my new crv and that's about it.

mike
6/12/2015

"Very inept"

Purchased 2015 Civic in March. Salesman was Frank Engliemo.When test driving the car, I asked Frank about a garage door opener. He told me the switch was over the mirror on the roof. I thought that was odd since my other vehicle has it on the mirror. I read the manual. There is no garage door switch. That switch is for the interior lights. A remote starter was installed by the dealership. A service tech and the salesman tried to show me how it worked. They really didn't know. I was told the car has Sirrius radio. It does NOT! I was never told the car had Nitro-fill in the tires. When I checked them they were 29 and 30 lbs. I inflated them to 32 lbs. the proper pressure. On Mat 7 I received a letter stating that I owed an additional $64.50 for the registration. Went to the dealership and gave the letter to a young woman. She checked and found that was a mistake. I was owed $64.50. I got the check a week later. On May 8, I went to the dealership and spoke to Dan DeSalvo. I discussed the part about the garage door opener and Sirrius radio. He said he would get back to me. He did NOT. I sent these problems in writing to the dealership on East Chester St. in Kingston. I never received a reply. Mike DiBattista Hurley NY

Sunnydaygirl123
6/07/2015

"The experience of leasing a car."

My husband and I were just starting out to look at new cars and not intending to buy anything that day. We wanted to check out all the cars that we would be interested in buying. My husband had done his homework looking at Consumer Reports and on line. We already had 2 Honda's and were very happy with the dependability. Our 17yo Civic bought in 1998 almost didn't pass inspection because of rust underneath. The salt from winters was the culprit. So, we started looking. We went to Honda of Kingston and a sales associate came to greet us. His name is Frank Guglielmo. We looked at a few Honda's and took a Civic and an Accord out for a test drive. We fell in love with the Accord. We spoke in length the differences between leasing and buying, and let him know we were only looking at this point. He ,of course offered us a deal, and we thought about how good the other cars had been. We ended up leasing an Accord, and the sale went without a hitch. Very happy with Frank and would recommend the dealer to anyone looking to buy or lease.

evelk
5/18/2015

"excellent experience"

After a bad experience at another dealership,it was wonderful to deal with Frank Guglielmo at Honda of Kingston. He was honest, friendly and knowledgeable. He understood what I was looking for. I never felt pressured and I received an excellent deal. I highly recommend using him and this dealership.

potownrob
7/11/2014

"THIS IS THE DEALER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!"

This was my first purchase of a certified pre-owned Honda and first vehicle purchase from a Honda dealer. Despite having family who have bought Hondas from Honda dealers (albeit not from Kingston Honda), I was a little worried about getting ripped off or pushed to buy a car I didn't want, no matter which dealer I went to. What I got from Kingston Honda was the opposite experience. I was interested in buying a used CR-V. I set up an appointment with the Morehead central command (based in Newburgh at the Morehead Honda dealer - they own both dealers) and met with Frank Guglielmo, a fairly new salesman at the dealer. Frank was very patient and eager to go over all of the cool features of the CR-Vs I looked at. The older CR-V I originally went to look at proved to be not as nice as I had expected. Frank did not push me in any way, but rather listened to my comments and concerns and made suggestions where he deemed appropriate. He was even willing to work on ways to make the older CR-V worth getting for me. I asked to look at newer CR-Vs and even then he didn't push me to get the newer ones over the older one (which was much less expensive). I ended up getting a 2012 CR-V that was priced at least $2000 under book value (without any haggling to mention). I also had a trade-in that I was worried about getting enough for. I expected them to offer less than I proposed, but they were willing to pay what I wanted without haggling about it. Frank was very patient and helpful throughout the shopping and deciding process. He has a good sense of humor too. I asked for a day to think things over (putting down a small deposit), and Frank obliged and even told me I could have longer to decide if needed. I later decided I wanted to take the CR-V on a longer drive, and we drove it further the next morning. The manager did object to me taking the car for drive without Frank, but this was due to liability issues, they said, which I found understandable. On delivery day, I did have issues with my trade-in (not the dealer's fault) - I didn't have the proper lien release letter and couldn't get one right away from the bank - but the dealer was helpful and supportive all along, and ultimately allowed me to complete the sale despite missing this crucial document for the trade-in. When I finally made it to the dealer, I saw Frank briefly, and then I met with Rich the finance manager. Rich is another friendly fella who doesn't put on the pressure to buy all the extras. He went over all of the paperwork and explained all of the options they offered for extended warranties. He was able to get me a good interest rate through a big bank (better than what my local credit union offered me). I think I had to sign my name 20 times, but I think Rich's lightheartedness and humor made it a more enjoyable experience. I did probably pay more for the extended warranty than I had to (didn't know it was negotiable), but I consider it my fault for not knowing about that. When I came out, Frank had switched my license plates to the new car and then he took my phone and synced it to the car's stereo system!! I had a couple of hitches with the car post-purchase (namely, the wrong driver's floormat was installed), and Frank was happy to address and rectify them.

Frank Guglielmo, Rich (finance manager)

bikecar
5/27/2014

"5000 mile 1st oil change"

made appt online and received confirmation email. did not tell me service dept moved to broadway kingston( not a nice neighborhood), got there and was told only oil change free not rotating tires as told by sales dept, then she(clerk) comes to tell me that my brand new car with only 4800 miles needs windshield wiper inserts because they are all rusted out from sand and salt on roads this winter. i told her car is only 8 months old and she said, oh they are only warrantied for 6 months! are you kidding me, what cheap parts were put on this car if they are only to last months? of course she said i would have to pay. I will NEVER take my car back to honda service dept i will take it anyplace but.

happywithhonda
5/17/2014

"Good experience"

This is the 3rd CR-V I have purchased from John Hutton over the past 13 years. It is the 1st used vehicle I have purchased through him. John is highly experienced, thorough, and easy to work with. I felt just as secure buying a used vehicle from him as I did a new one. I return to Honda of Kingston because I know I can trust John and their service department. Thank you John.

Reviews of Frank Guglielmo
Frank Guglielmo

Reviews of Richard Murray
Richard Murray

Reviews of Amy Marnell
Amy Marnell

Reviews of John Hutton
John Hutton

Sales and Leasing Consultant ( Gold Master)

Reviews of John King