Honda Universe

1085 Route 88,
Lakewood, New Jersey 08701
Honda Universe Info
About Honda Universe

Honda Universe has been at this location for over 30 years. We are proud recipients of the Honda President's Award for customer service. Visit our website for information on new, pre-owned, and certified inventory, price quotes, financing, or to have your vehicle appraised.

About Honda Universe

Mike and Mary Ellen
8/22/2016

"Customers for life"

My husband and I have bought many cars at Honda Universe, over the years, only from Gregory Levine. Greg goes out of his way to make sure our experience is great. He is professional, knowledgeable, no pressure, and tries to get us the best deal possible. Greg has become a friend whom has customers for life!

Sue and Joe
8/17/2016

"Broken remote control key"

I'd dropped the key ring and broken the back of the remote key, and went to see Scott at Parts Dept. He tried everything possible to see what could be done without me having to buy another complete back/key. Zau happened to come along, and he looked at it, and was able to use a screwdriver to attach the back; the problem was fixed. Really appreciate all the help Scott and Zau gave us. We've purchased at least three Hondas from Honda Universe, and have loved all of them. We currently have A 2008 crv, AND IT'S GREAT. This is a really good car dealership, with a great Service/Parts Dept. Sue and Joe Cohen

Scott and Zau in Parts Department

August 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sue and Joe! We're so grateful for your business and we're glad to read that Zau and Scott were able to help fix your key fob. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your Honda!

Carzfortommy
8/15/2016

"Great customer service"

I have been going to Honda universe for years. I have bought and serviced my car here. John McGraw is one of the most honest and for the customer person there. He has sold me 2 cars and I will continue going back there because of him! Honda Universe has a customer for life!

August 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that John was able to assist you and we appreciate your loyalty! We wish you the best of luck with your new Honda!

louism98
8/08/2016

"New outlook on buying "

John , change my outlook on buying a used car , there was not pressure and he was very courteous and knowledgeable I would definitely recommend him to my friends.

August 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your experience at Honda Universe and with John. We're glad he was able to make your car buying experience painless and easy. We wish you the best of luck with your new Honda!

kp75
8/08/2016

"Great Service"

John McGraw turned my perspective on buying cars from negative to positive. He is knowledgeable , and helped me make a great decision. He wasn't pushing me to buy a car, he listened and helped me make the best choice. I would definitely go back to him for my next car. Thank you again

August 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that you had a great experience at Honda Universe and with John. We wish you the best of luck with your new Honda and we look forward to seeing you again for routine maintenance!

Bill531
7/23/2016

"Great Experiences"

I have bought several vehicles from Honda Universe and always had the pleasure of dealing with John McGraw. He is always courteous and helpful. I recommend him any time I can.

John McGraw

July 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that John was able to assist you and we appreciate your loyalty to Honda Universe. We look forward to continuing to serve you!

kseymou02
7/21/2016

"Great Customer Service"

Every time I need service or just a simple question, John McGraw is always there to help. He is always willing to help with any questions that I have. If he is unsure he asks someone that can help him answer my questions. Would recommend to friends and family and would be willing to buy from again.

July 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that John was able to assist you! We wish you the best of luck with your new Honda and look forward to seeing you again!

Moser, Loretta
7/15/2016

"salesman was great. Manager and financial dishonest."

On June 9, 2016 I went to this dealership to turn in my lease on a 2013 CRV for a new model. My salesman, George Ebinger, was wonderful. He showed me 3 models he had in the lot, two of which I did not like. The 3rd was an upgrade Touring model. I loved it. We went back to the showroom to make up some numbers. I loved the car and they knew that. so they the manager and financial people did their things (let's see how we can screw this senior woman--and they did. They asked how much of a downpayment I wanted to give. I replied $2,500. OK they said. How much did I want my monthly lease payment to be. I told them below $400. The manager came out and told me that my downpayment would be $2500 and my monthly payment would be $400, all INCLUSIVE. I had only wanted to go to the most $375, but I agreed. I told Honda that I wanted a 3-year lease with 12,000 miles a year. The paperwork and detailing took hours. When they gave me the paperwork to sign I distinctly checked the lease agreement to check the mileage per year. It read 12,000 per year. I signed all the papers. After another 45 minutes someone from finance came out to say I needed to sign a new lease agreement as the one I signed said it was a trade-in. Wasn't it? They said no. I traded in my 2013 CRV. Another 30-40 minutes goes by and they give me yet another lease agreement to sign as now I could not have the 12,000 miles a year, only 10,000. I told them that wasn't right. I wanted to speak with the manager, but he conveniently had left. I should have said I wouldn't sign it. I travel frequently from the Jersey shore to northern NJ for doctor visits. This is not going to work for me with only 10,000 miles a year. Then the financial person comes out again and tells me that the downpayment is now $3,017, instead of $2500. Well you know taxes and stuff the financial person said (the manager told me $2500 and $389 inclusive). YIPES! I was livid. I was there for 6 hours and was tired. Now someone else tells me that "you know you really need the tire and wheels coverage because they are very expensive. OK so now my monthly payment is now $429.89. And after another little while someone comes to tell me that if I really wanted the 12,000 miles per month, that would be another $20. I couldn't afford another $20.00 per month. If I was rich I would hire a lawyer. It is disgraceful how I was treated and conned. I WOLD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO MY WORST ENEMY! Does this survey only go to Honda Universe. I hope not. I want it to go to the "powers that be". SHAME ON YOU! As I don't think this dealership is going to sent it to them. I am going to send it to them myself. My salesman, George Ebinger was the only honest person, and a gentleman. Loretta Moser

George Ebinger, GREAT

July 25, 2016

Loretta, we apologize that you feel so negatively about Honda Universe. We are very sorry for the experience that you encountered when you came to Honda Universe looking to purchase a new CRV. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in greater detail and we are committed to helping you change your opinion about us. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest opportunity. Sincerely, Aimee Herbert, aherbert@hondauniverse.com or (732) 370-9700, ext. 4150.

dev
4/02/2016

"do not honor prices confirmed. Lie to get you in dealership"

please avoid this dealership. They do not care about their customers. Whatever price they give over phone , they clearly denies that when you there. On top of that they tell you on face that they just gave that price to get you in. They add 10% dealer commission on top of price displayed. Plus add 1000$ for car preparation. In my case I was given a negotiable price of $28000 out of the door (including NJ state tax + document fee + dmv) Which they declined and gave me new price of $30500. I drove 150 miles to visit them. AND they know that. It is total waste of time if you go thete.

April 11, 2016

We apologize that you feel so negatively about Honda Universe. We are very sorry for the experience that you encountered when you came to Honda Universe regarding a pre-owned vehicle. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in greater detail and we are committed to helping you change your opinion about us. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest opportunity. Sincerely, Aimee Herbert, aherbert@hondauniverse.com or (732) 370-9700, ext. 4150.

Laura3576
3/28/2016

"Excellent!!! "

I'm completely obsessed with my new Honda Accord EXL!!!! I love it!!!! Thank you so much for making it happen Joe Mattina and Sean Jones!!!! You guys are awesome!

Joe Mattina

April 11, 2016

Thank you for your positive review! We hope you love your new Honda Accord!

Reviews of John  McGraw