Honda Universe

1085 Route 88,
Lakewood, New Jersey 08701
Honda Universe Info
About Honda Universe

Honda Universe has been at this location for over 30 years. We are proud recipients of the Honda President's Award for customer service. Visit our website for information on new, pre-owned, and certified inventory, price quotes, financing, or to have your vehicle appraised.

About Honda Universe

Bill531
7/23/2016

"Great Experiences"

I have bought several vehicles from Honda Universe and always had the pleasure of dealing with John McGraw. He is always courteous and helpful. I recommend him any time I can.

John McGraw

July 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that John was able to assist you and we appreciate your loyalty to Honda Universe. We look forward to continuing to serve you!

kseymou02
7/21/2016

"Great Customer Service"

Every time I need service or just a simple question, John McGraw is always there to help. He is always willing to help with any questions that I have. If he is unsure he asks someone that can help him answer my questions. Would recommend to friends and family and would be willing to buy from again.

July 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're glad that John was able to assist you! We wish you the best of luck with your new Honda and look forward to seeing you again!

Moser, Loretta
7/15/2016

"salesman was great. Manager and financial dishonest."

On June 9, 2016 I went to this dealership to turn in my lease on a 2013 CRV for a new model. My salesman, George Ebinger, was wonderful. He showed me 3 models he had in the lot, two of which I did not like. The 3rd was an upgrade Touring model. I loved it. We went back to the showroom to make up some numbers. I loved the car and they knew that. so they the manager and financial people did their things (let's see how we can screw this senior woman--and they did. They asked how much of a downpayment I wanted to give. I replied $2,500. OK they said. How much did I want my monthly lease payment to be. I told them below $400. The manager came out and told me that my downpayment would be $2500 and my monthly payment would be $400, all INCLUSIVE. I had only wanted to go to the most $375, but I agreed. I told Honda that I wanted a 3-year lease with 12,000 miles a year. The paperwork and detailing took hours. When they gave me the paperwork to sign I distinctly checked the lease agreement to check the mileage per year. It read 12,000 per year. I signed all the papers. After another 45 minutes someone from finance came out to say I needed to sign a new lease agreement as the one I signed said it was a trade-in. Wasn't it? They said no. I traded in my 2013 CRV. Another 30-40 minutes goes by and they give me yet another lease agreement to sign as now I could not have the 12,000 miles a year, only 10,000. I told them that wasn't right. I wanted to speak with the manager, but he conveniently had left. I should have said I wouldn't sign it. I travel frequently from the Jersey shore to northern NJ for doctor visits. This is not going to work for me with only 10,000 miles a year. Then the financial person comes out again and tells me that the downpayment is now $3,017, instead of $2500. Well you know taxes and stuff the financial person said (the manager told me $2500 and $389 inclusive). YIPES! I was livid. I was there for 6 hours and was tired. Now someone else tells me that "you know you really need the tire and wheels coverage because they are very expensive. OK so now my monthly payment is now $429.89. And after another little while someone comes to tell me that if I really wanted the 12,000 miles per month, that would be another $20. I couldn't afford another $20.00 per month. If I was rich I would hire a lawyer. It is disgraceful how I was treated and conned. I WOLD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO MY WORST ENEMY! Does this survey only go to Honda Universe. I hope not. I want it to go to the "powers that be". SHAME ON YOU! As I don't think this dealership is going to sent it to them. I am going to send it to them myself. My salesman, George Ebinger was the only honest person, and a gentleman. Loretta Moser

George Ebinger, GREAT

July 25, 2016

Loretta, we apologize that you feel so negatively about Honda Universe. We are very sorry for the experience that you encountered when you came to Honda Universe looking to purchase a new CRV. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in greater detail and we are committed to helping you change your opinion about us. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest opportunity. Sincerely, Aimee Herbert, aherbert@hondauniverse.com or (732) 370-9700, ext. 4150.

dev
4/02/2016

"do not honor prices confirmed. Lie to get you in dealership"

please avoid this dealership. They do not care about their customers. Whatever price they give over phone , they clearly denies that when you there. On top of that they tell you on face that they just gave that price to get you in. They add 10% dealer commission on top of price displayed. Plus add 1000$ for car preparation. In my case I was given a negotiable price of $28000 out of the door (including NJ state tax + document fee + dmv) Which they declined and gave me new price of $30500. I drove 150 miles to visit them. AND they know that. It is total waste of time if you go thete.

April 11, 2016

We apologize that you feel so negatively about Honda Universe. We are very sorry for the experience that you encountered when you came to Honda Universe regarding a pre-owned vehicle. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in greater detail and we are committed to helping you change your opinion about us. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest opportunity. Sincerely, Aimee Herbert, aherbert@hondauniverse.com or (732) 370-9700, ext. 4150.

Laura3576
3/28/2016

"Excellent!!! "

I'm completely obsessed with my new Honda Accord EXL!!!! I love it!!!! Thank you so much for making it happen Joe Mattina and Sean Jones!!!! You guys are awesome!

Joe Mattina

April 11, 2016

Thank you for your positive review! We hope you love your new Honda Accord!

JKosh20
3/21/2016

"Karlos!"

My mom always has a problem when it comes to buying a new car, but Karlos made us feel like we knew him for years, he was very honest and told me mom that he wouldn't put her in a car that she did not like! He was very knowledgeable and honest even very funny! I will tell others about my experience with Karlos and recommend that they stop in and see him when they are looking for a new car!! Billy in Fianace I believe his name was was also very helpful and told us that if we ever needed anything to let him know the same thing with Karlos as well. There was another younger gentlemen who was very funny and made us laugh and talked to us as well wish i got his name but we had a great experience.

March 22, 2016

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy we could help your mom find the car of her dreams. Best of luck with her new car and welcome to the Honda Universe family.

Andrew Torre
3/13/2016

"Excellent sales program. Make purchasing a new car very easy"

Excellent new car purchasing sales staff. They make purchasing a new car easy. They took all the stress and anxiety out of the process. Gregory Levine was an excellent sales person and made my purchase very easy.

Samantha

March 15, 2016

Thank you for your positive review! Best of luck with your new car, Andrew!

Zelisb
3/10/2016

"Great Experience"

I had an excellent experience with Manager Billy Negron Jr! I needed help with my year end lease and thats what I got. Meeting was Professional, informative and pleasant. Thank you Honda. Ben

Billy Negron Jr

March 11, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review!

anne@jersey
3/09/2016

"Great buying experience!!"

Mike Lacerda was exceptional..He was very pleasant and has been very attentive and patient with all the questions and clarifications i had in mind. Very professional! Thank you Mike!

Mike Lacerda!

March 10, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful and kind words! We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience.

pepsi
3/08/2016

"from start to finish......PERFECT"

I will make it short.... I was greeted by Mike Lacerda and Eric the GM. Both could not of been more professional through my buying experience. Very happy with purchase and customer service. will recommend this dealership to everyone. great job!!!

Mike Lacerda

March 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and wish you the best of luck with your new car!

Reviews of John  McGraw