Honda Universe

Makes: Honda|Service Center

Honda Universe

Honda Universe Info
About Honda Universe

Honda Universe has been at this location for over 30 years. We are proud recipients of the Honda President's Award for customer service. Visit our website for information on new, pre-owned, and certified inventory, price quotes, financing, or to have your vehicle appraised.

About Honda Universe

Saturday 7:30 AM - 6:00 AM

sheard1289
12/15/2014

"exciting car buying experience"

Upon entrance, I was greeted by a very friendly staff, with popcorn (fav snack), and openness. My salesman was Gregg Levine, who took the time to relate and get to know me. Gregg was so much fun to work with, making me feel much less anxious about the car buying process. After signing paperwork, Gregg and I went out to learn how to work the controls in my car. There are not enough nice ways to describe how Gregg related and worked with me. It was absolutely a pleasant experience. John, the Financial Manager was also very welcoming, got me an UNBEATABLE PRICE on my warranty. I appreciate him being willing to take the time, explain everything, and extreme friendliness. Everyone here literally treats you like family. I see why they USAA family recommends them. If you are a Honda enthusiast like myself, don't waste your time buying anywhere else, BUY HERE. Speaking as the most anxious, first time car buyer on the planet who can be indecisive, I can promise you that you will NOT regret buying a car here.

kseymou02
12/12/2014

"awesome job"

John did a very good job at getting us a great price on a new 2014 Honda civic for my mom. Will buy again from John.

Janice G
12/02/2014

"Thank You Karlos Merrick!"

We had the best car buying experience yesterday that we have had in over four decades thanks to Honda Universes sales person, Karlos Merrick. We were so lucky that we met him upon walking in and he really transformed the experience for us. He took so much time with us and showed us all the amazing features of the Honda CRV. Karlos was excellent, he listened to our needs, wants, concerns and budget and with his knowledge, expertise and professionalism found us the perfect car at a price that fit within our budget. I always felt that the salesperson you deal with is as important as the product they represent. Happily we found perfection in both. Thank you Honda Universe for having salespeople like Karlos Merrick at your dealership. Ironically we just came in to take a look at the CRV and now thanks to Karlos we now have this wonderful vehicle in our garage.

vinny.d
11/27/2014

"Great experience"

John McGraw was extremely helpful in all areas. Very friendly, very competent, and very knowledgeable of cars. He was easy to talk to and made sure we were happy with our car before we left. Great experience overall.

BGUTHERZ
11/22/2014

"2015 Accord"

This was my second vehicle purchase from Greg. He's a GREAT salesman, and a pleasure to do business with. IIt's because of him I bought the car. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

yubier
11/19/2014
Lease (Used)

"This is my story...."

Wow! What horrifyingly atrocious service! I did not use this group to purchase my last Honda but was considering leasing my next one by them. It started when I attempted to return a leased vehicle that was due back to Honda Universe in Lakewood, NJ as I was instructed by Honda Financial. I was asked to see Jerome Hofmann and leave the vehicle with him. I showed up first thing in the morning to return the car but Jerome Hofmann was not in yet so I left the keys with the service department as they assured me that they would give him the keys. I followed up about 2 hours later and was just sent to Jerome Hofmann's voicemail. I repeated this about 4 or 5 times that day but he didn't call me back until mid afternoon of the following day. I told him that I just wanted to confirm that he received the vehicle and thank him for his services. He became very nasty and asked if I had purchased the vehicle at Honda Universe. When I responded that I did not, he yelled at me that they are not required to accept any lease returns without any appointment and Honda Financial does not dictate which vehicles they are required to accept back. I did not know this so I apologized all the while still very polite and calm. He told me that the car was returned to my home the previous day. When I told him that I did not see it that morning or the night before, he replied in a very nasty tone "well, that is your fault and I hope you have insurance!" Well, after some time and effort I did locate the vehicle at a friends home sitting on his driveway with the keys in ignition. That was the address that I ordered the final lease inspection to so i guess they were able to find that address through the system. All in all, if that is the way they treat their customers in today's era, I would sooner take my business elsewhere even if its further.

Honda Universe responded to this review

November 20, 2014

Our goal at Honda Universe is 100% Customer Satisfaction. Honda Financial does not dictate but may suggest a dealership local to the customer for the lease return. Our Lease Returns at Honda Universe are conducted between the business hours of 9am-5pm and usually by appointment. If the customer did not lease or is not releasing another vehicle from our dealership there are specific documents related to the vehicle being returned which need to be signed off by the customer. Honda Universe is not obligated to take back lease returns originally leased from other dealerships or brokers, It is also a very critical time of the year and we may not have the room to store these vehicles at our expense. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

ebauer92
11/14/2014

"The Man of Honda"

It was a glorious day when John McGraw walked out from the show room into the parking lot and b-lined striaght for me. From hello to goodbye he was an excellent host and was well informed on questions i had. The best car sales man in NJ by far.

Eriklindstrom
10/29/2014

"No hassles!"

Mike Galuppo was way more than accommodating when I visited him. I gave him a pretty challenging set of parameters, especially in terms of price, but he was able to come through with no hassle and no need for hours of haggling back and forth. He really took care of me! Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Michael Galuppo

frattacasa
10/24/2014

"An absolutely pleasant experience working with Greg Levine!"

We have been dealing with one of your salesmen, Greg Levine, for over 6 years and EVERY time we have purchased a car, he has been an absolutely wonderful person to deal with! He treats us like good friends! He has from the first time we met him and every time ever since! There are not enough nice words to say about him!

Carlan2
10/23/2014

"Michael Galuppo"

I went to Honda Universe on Oct 22, 2014 to buy a 2014 Honda. I met Mike Galuppo, who took his time explaining various models and features. He took his time and allowed me to drive both an Accord and a Civic. The entire process went very smoothly. After driving both cars, I found that the Civic fit my needs. I am more than happy with Mike and the dealership. I will recommend Honda Universe to my friends and family...

Michael Galuppo- Salesman