Read Reviews Hunter Hyundai Subaru

(828) 693-8661

Manufacturers: Hyundai, Subaru, Service Center

3.3

based on 7 reviews

Overall
3.5

3.5 out of 5

56 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Hunter Hyundai Subaru

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Hunter Hyundai Subaru

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"paid to have navigation screen replaced located and..."

golfatbc
3/17/2014 3:30:30 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
SERVICE DEPT

2.2

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

paid to have navigation screen replaced located and paid for myself paid service to installed still having problems was myself only told it must be screen had it checked by 2 other ase certified mechanics was told it was not the screen in the first place it was a short had the dealer check it was told they didn't have any one qualified to find the problem wth

Twitter
"My family and I want to personally thank your team in the..."

Sausagetk
9/13/2013 3:41:21 PM

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

My family and I want to personally thank your team in the way that they handled our Carfax debacle over the last week. Again Ethel, Chris, and David were “stand up and professional” handling the issue that they were dealt. Ethel and Chris were able to work with my family and get us into the vehicle of our choosing. David was able to get us in and out of the financing area in a swift time frame. My family cannot thank you and your staff for all of your time and efforts. Great work Hunter Automotive!!!

Twitter
"Gala did everything possible to find the right matched..."

DavidBlackburn
7/17/2013 5:47:14 AM

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

Gala did everything possible to find the right matched vehicle for us. In fact, she'd been keeping an eye out for the right car for us for some time. And even though she was inundated with customers and calls at the time of our visit, she was very thoughtful, courteous and informative every step of the way. Oh yea, and we love our Subie too!

Twitter
"Worst car buying experience ever. We reached an agreement..."

PearlTheSubaru
6/13/2013 7:40:34 PM

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

Worst car buying experience ever. We reached an agreement with the salesman on price and when we reached the finance office the amount of our trade in was added to the total. I had been very clear in asking for the final amount including tax, tag, trade in, etc. We even had the paperwork with the amount circled and they would not honor it. In addition to this they ran our credit repeatedly with different banks. We already had financing through our credit union, but the salesman insisted they could beat the interest rate. After wasting our time at Hunter we went to Skyland Automotive and worked with Eric Howie to purchase basically the same car with more options and lower mileage for a much better price!

Twitter
"First off, this dealership allegedly doesn't sell..."

Jameykay
4/14/2013 5:33:17 PM

Mike and Billy

1.8

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

First off, this dealership allegedly doesn't sell many cars, which is apparent when you walk into the "showroom" that hasn't been updated since the 80s, and then even more so when they start telling you their "best deal". The salesman we worked with was Billy, he was very nice at first, rather pushy but what else would you expect from a car salesman. Going in there, I knew more about the car I wanted than they did, I was sitting there telling THEM about it! I test drove the vehicle, and I was the one who had to start a dialogue about what the car does and how it works. They let me take the car I wanted home for the evening, I came back the next morning after going to two other dealerships to check out prices, and tried to get them to come down on their asking price. They showed me the "invoice price" which was a complete lie, then they wouldn't go more than $500 under the sticker price! I wanted to do business with them as they let me take the car home, and I was the only one to put mileage on it, but Mike, the manager, was a complete brute once he realized we weren't going to take his "best offer". I felt as if they were trying to take advantage of us because we look very young and it was obviously our first time purchasing a new car on our own. They spent more time bashing and trash-talking the other dealerships than trying to make us new customers and everything they were accusing the other dealerships of, Hunter Hyundai was guilty of!
After Mike rudely turned us away when we said we weren't going to take his "best offer", we went to Hyundai of Asheville and got the car for literally $2,300 cheaper than Hunter's best offer. We bought the car from Asheville that evening. Mike and Billy obviously realized they had made a mistake by letting us go as they began incessantly calling me even two weeks after the fact (every time they called I was asleep, in a meeting, or just couldn't get to the phone and I REALLY did not want to speak with them even if it was to just say I bought the car already from somewhere else), then finally when they called me the last time all they said was "great news! give us a call!" STILL not stating their new offer. That's when I told them we bought the same exact car from Hyundai of Asheville, how much less we got it for, and how NOT rude Asheville was. After talking to some of my family members and a friend who tried to buy a car from here all I heard were their horror stories! Hunter is amazing at tricking people but terrible at customer service and quality.

Response From: Deborah Hammond
Added: 6/14/2013 11:11:48 AM

Jameykay,

We are actually one of the largest dealer groups in Western North Carolina and sell approximate 2,500 vehicles per year. Our Nissan facility is the newest in the region and we are in the process of upgrading our Subaru Hyundai facility.

I have tried to reach you twice, but have not heard back. There is a misunderstanding on the price you thought was "sticker" (or the MSRP printed on the Monroney sticker). We often discount the vehicles below "sticker" and indicate the lower price through a hang tag on the rear view mirror or write it on the windshield. What you assumed was "sticker" was actually the discounted price, which was way more than $500 below the "sticker".

I am sorry that you and I have been unable to speak regarding the misunderstanding. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Regarding the customer service and quality, we constantly strive to be perfect, but are not always. However, when we make a mistake, I personally try to correct it. We believe in being here for the long term as indicated by our seventy years in business.

Sincerely,
Tom Hunter
828-693-8661

Response From: Jameykay
Added: 6/15/2013 12:17:37 PM

Tom,

I was definitely not confused about what the sticker price was, the invoice price, and the "best offer" I received. Mike and Billy even printed out these things for me, plus they printed out a copy of what another dealerships sticker price looks like and how they'll pull a fast one on me. The best offer I received from your business was $31,500. I got it from another dealership in town for $28,290. Your employees would not budge and like I said, were rude to me. There was no discount, nothing written on the windshield and nothing hanging from the mirror. The car I wanted wasn't even on the lot yet, Billy pulled it out because I came in and asked for it.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it that I don't wish to speak with you as this was almost three months ago and I bought my car elsewhere.

Thank you for responding to me.

Twitter
"Amazing place! They really worked hard to make a car fit..."

denise45
12/11/2012 4:45:57 PM

Shawn Lambert

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

Amazing place! They really worked hard to make a car fit my budget. Always nice and went out of his way to get the car I wanted. Super great place.

Twitter
"We were looking to trade in our car for either a new..."

audranstephens
9/5/2012 1:21:09 PM

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

We were looking to trade in our car for either a new Subaru or Toyota. We contacted Jason Price at Hunter via email and did as much legwork as we could since we have a 6-year old and could not spend all our time at the dealership. As it turns out, Hunter had a used 2012 Honda Accord on the lot with a little over 200 miles on it and that is what we purchased. Jason was very respectful of our time and made the buying process as pleasant and efficient as possible. He was never pushy or made us feel uncomfortable. It was our best car buying experience to-date. We have already recommended him to some friends and coworkers and plan to visit them when it is time to buy again. The Finance Director, David McGlashan, was also great to work with. He clearly knew what he was doing with the paperwork and handled it with ease.

Twitter
"If you're looking for a new Subaru, I would recommend..."

ShirleyCurtis44@gmail.com
8/24/2012 3:13:30 PM

Gala Rice

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

If you're looking for a new Subaru, I would recommend Hunter and in particular Gala Rice. I thought the price was fair and EVERYONE at the dealership was super-friendly and knowledgeable, even if I was not their 'own' customer.

Gala will keep in touch and will do anything she can to get you into the car you want - which probably explains all the sales awards she has won. I will probably go there for service even though it's further than my regular mechanic, and I've never utilized a dealership for post-purchase service before.

I did visit the, um, Subaru competition in town but was totally underwhelmed by their indifference and attitude.

Twitter
"I am in the market for a new all well drive vehicle so I..."

scboogamagoo
8/20/2012 9:19:46 PM

2.4

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

I am in the market for a new all well drive vehicle so I began my shopping at Hunter Subaru and I was very discouraged from the start. I came to the dealership to get pricing information on several vehicles and the sales person (Drew) acted as if that was asking a lot of him. I began by expressing interest in the Outback and Forester as well as the Legacy. I was mainly interested in AWD and told Drew I was going to shop and do my research after his presentation. He acted like a presentation and a Q&A on the cars was taking up his time, the dealership was clearly not busy. He was very well dressed and I thought he would have been very nice and helpful but was I disappointed. Then came the constant badgering for me to test drive then negotiate when I wasn't ready, just to get a fair price. Following this it seemed necessary to send a barrage of managers to come to try and push me into a car by offering cheaper prices and bashing the competition even though I wasn't ready to buy. This dealer is the worst I have ever been with and will never go back or suggest anyone to go there. Their practices are unethical, the building is run down, and the managers seem desperate for a sale! BEWARE OF THIS DEALER AND DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR TACTICS OR GIMMICS!

Response From: Deborah Hammond
Added: 6/14/2013 11:01:25 AM

Scboogamagoo,

I am sorry that you had a bad time. I have sent you three messages to see what happened and, hopefully, make it up to you, but I have not heard back. Please contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Tom Hunter
828-693-8661

Twitter
"Drew was knowledgeable, direct, very accomodating, and a..."

richanson
4/10/2012 5:37:10 PM

My Review Of Hunter Hyundai Subaru:

Drew was knowledgeable, direct, very accomodating, and a pleasure to work with. He went out of his way to insure that our new-car buying experience was as above-board and direct as possible. It was one of the best new-car-buying experiences we have had.

Reviews 11-20 >>