Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet South

Glockner GM Superstore

Reagun
2/05/2015

"Legal Theft!"

Would give less than one star if possible. I took my car in for service at Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet in Miamisburg, was quoted an estimate for the work to be performed but when I arrived to pick the car up, it was $175.00 MORE than the original quote. When I complained, the Service Director, Clay Alsup, offered me cheap a oil change for my time and trouble. I get burned for $175, and they offer me a $35 service. No wonder they're making money! I guess they're still making up for the losses that a senior Jeff Schmitt manager stole. Makes me miss Sara Chevrolet that was once in that location. They actually treated their customers with respect.

Clay Alsup

kneveragain
1/21/2015

"TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE "

Purchased a vehicle Dec. 8,2014,after reviewing inventory online and requesting to see the vehicle for a whole month! Poor response time from internet rep Jennifer Lower and inconsistent information as well. Vehicle had been previously wrecked and I was assured that any problems would be taken care of should they exist. Flat out LIE! Even purchased the EasyCare protection plan and standard ECP. Had a maintenance issue as well as issues with the appearance of the repairs post wreck prior to my purchase. Took vehicle in to only be given the run around between collision and service. Waited to speak with Mark used car manager to no avail. August D and Jaime from collision were supposed to be speaking on my behalf. After awaiting a 3day response, and calling Abby the person over Mark...finally receive a careless, rushed call from Mark. No empathy or regard for me as a customer or my troubles with this purchase just over a month in. Not to mention I also received a call from James in retention to "entice me to buy my vehicle back" the day after I dropped the vehicle off for service. I cannot express the lack of professionalism and poor communication at this dealership! Had a bad experience 3yrs ago at the Fairborn location decided not to purchase then. I should have kept the same mind this time. They do not value their customers, the customer service is poor from management, they will promise you anything just to make a sale, but they have no intention of honoring.Expected better from a large,well known dealer with a respected name. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Will not be returning in the future or for service or purchase. Would not recommend to my WORST enemy!

Mark, Abby,Joe in service dept

mara.potter.90
10/16/2014

"horrible customer service "

The old adage is true at this place car dealers are rude and only want your money the managers are self absorbed but probaly lack the ability to know what Tha means

managers and Jessie

myersdsx
10/16/2014

"SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS A RIP OFF"

We had a horrible experience at the service center and will NEVER return or recommend it to anyone we know. As a matter of fact, we will go out of our way to tell people not to use this service center. We took an older Buick in for an oil change and inspection and the mechanic told us that there was a head gasket issue and to fix it would be $1,300. We declined the service and immediately took it to another service department for an inspection. The car came back with no issues at all. We then took it to another place just to be sure and they said the same exact thing, no issues at all. This car drives like a dream and has never had any problems. Thanks Jeff Schmidt for trying to rip off your customers.

Anthony

kmariesallee
8/19/2014

"Worst car dealership around"

I would never recommend this car dealership to anyone as long as i live. When my husband and i bought our first car from Jeff Schmidt Chevrolet, they saw us coming. We look very young, and had no experience. i found the car, a chevy aveo on cargurus.com for $2,000.00 less, so they gave it to me for that price. BEFORE tacking on two $2,000 warranties, conceierge (sp) service, key care, gap insurance (even though i was already covered on my insurance). All they said the entire time was sign here, one more signature here, etc etc. i signed every paper without knowing what i signed (which was my fault, i know). After i left with my $8,000 car,i took a look at the $14,000 loan, and called FIVE times for an explanation. Conveniently, the financial manager returned our call 3 days later AFTER the papers were finalized. i thought: The only good thing that came out of this was free oil changes for 1 year. Every time i have my car serviced there, it takes over 3 hours and no one will give you an estimated time it will be done. The worst experience i ever had was when i took my car in for an oil change (1 hr from where i live) and they told me they didn't have time (even after i called before hand). before i left i asked for a restroom (for my potty training toddler) and the man repeatedly ignored me. when i raised my voice he shook his hand in my face and said "over there". what influenced me to write this review was a recent tango with jeff schmidt chevy. Friday i received a call that they wanted to buy my car and that they would provide me with a free appraisal. so i set up an appointment and arrived at my allotted time. when we went to walk in, the salesman asked "what we were doing there". we stated our business and he said, this is a waste of time, that's just a scam. excuse me, but me trading in my car to buy another one from you, is a SCAM? where do you make your money? NEVER trust this dealer.

Dave Danklef

-test-driver-
7/08/2014

"Never again will I "waste time" at Jeff Schmitt"

A few months ago we contacted them via their website and scheduled a test drive. We received an email confirmation from them that our test drive was scheduled. But after we drove a while to get there, we were told that they had nothing scheduled and no record of our test drive. Anyway, we did finally get a test drive - a brief 15 minute loop around the area. Once the test drive was complete, the salesman (Rob Price) began the push to sell us the vehicle. I explained that since it was a used 'as is' car, that i'd like to have my mechanic look at it first, and then if it checked out ok, return to purchase the vehicle. That was unsatisfactory, as he wanted the car sold right then and there. He continued to intensify the aggressive sales pitch, but when he saw that I was not budging on purchasing the vehicle w/o more than a brief drive around the block, he finally uttered, "Well, if you're not planning on buying the car today, then you're just WASTING MY TIME." Needless to say, we did not purchase the vehicle, and have no intention of ever wasting anybody's time at Jeff Schmitt again. I'm not sure if all of their salesmen are as bad as he is, but that 1 experience pretty much has steered me (and the many friends & family i've told this story to) from ever visiting any Jeff Schmitt location.

Rob Price

Bad customer service
2/19/2014

"The service department is horrible. This is the second..."

The service department is horrible. This is the second time I've gone to have an oil change and inspection on this vehicle and both times it was a bigger hassle than what it was worth. The first time I went on my lunch break and they told me they would take me home and come back and pick me up. I was dropped off and received a call about 30 minutes later saying my car was ready. I reminded them I needed a ride and they said one would be on the way (I live a mile from the dealership). I waited another 30 minutes and called them back. They said the ride was away from the dealership but would be back any minute. I had to call two more times and eventually the shuttle service showed up 3 hours after they had dropped me off and 2.5 hours after the car was ready. I went back today thinking I would just stay at the dealership because my work is very close and to give it a second chance. Nope, I waited for 15 minutes to be helped and at least 10 workers walked by and no one even acknowledged I was there to help me. My husband and I are buying a new car in the next month and we will surely not be buying from this dealership.

No one

barbara7
8/24/2013

"I rated this experience Great they help as soon as we..."

I rated this experience Great they help as soon as we walked in. . Never gave up until we had the car we wanted and drove off of the lot HAPPY!! Thanks Jon Mantel Trevin Jones

Jon Mantel

aprilgern
7/21/2013

"Was very happy with the service we received. they worked..."

Was very happy with the service we received. they worked to get us the best rate on our loan, let us 'borrow' the car for 24 hrs to make sure it was what we wanted. when we noticed there was a screw in the tire, they put 4 new tires on. though we had to wait it was worth it. thank you Bill B.

Bill Brown

cynthia24
6/04/2013

"I'm 200% satisfied with the service and support we..."

I'm 200% satisfied with the service and support we received to acquire our vehicle.We love the great service we received and were very pleased.Thanks!!!!

Joe Freeman