Read Reviews Jerry Smith Kia

6 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Jerry Smith Kia

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Jerry Smith Kia

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Tim was a great salesman to do buisness with.No pressure..."

dkaestner
3/23/2013 11:23:20 PM

tim dagosta

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

Tim was a great salesman to do buisness with.No pressure and very friendly.I look forward to do more buisness with smith kia.Thank you

Twitter
"We have been buying vehicles for over 20 years and we do..."

ToughFarmChick
7/9/2012 12:18:06 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)
Corey Moore

2.2

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

We have been buying vehicles for over 20 years and we do our homework before shopping. We knew the trade-in range for our Kia before heading out and we knew the price range we were shopping in. We called the dealership before leaving home and the salesman my husband had spoken to 3 days prior was not due in until "Later", no specific time given when asked. We went ahead and left home to look at vehicles. When we arrived at this dealership we were greeted outside by Corey. We talked about what we were looking for and trading in. Immediately he asked "If we come to an agreement on numbers today, will you commit to closing the deal today?". He asked this several times over the next few minutes. We looked at several models of Kias, base features as well as fully loaded. When it came time for the test drive, I found it interesting that Corey "had" to drive the vehicle off the lot himself. That was not the way it worked when we test-drove my first Kia. Corey drove for a bit then pulled to a wide shoulder to change seats with me. I drove for a few minutes then turned around to head for the freeway as I needed to see how the car would handle merging at 60-70 MPH. Corey seemed befuddled as to why I needed to know this. When we arrived back at the dealership we were again asked if we would "close the deal today if the numbers were right". This came after it was mentioned that we had an appointment in Bellingham later in the day. So we went inside to "The Desk", filled out some basic contact information, gave our registration to Corey to do some research on our trade-in. We walked a block away and visited a friend at her business, which we told Corey where we were going and we would be back shortly to give him time to get some numbers together. As we promised, we returned in about 30 minutes to find that nothing had been attended to. when asked for numbers and such, Corey stated, "How can I work a deal when the customers are not here to work with?" I thought that if he needed us there he should have said so. So inside we go, again, and yup, NOTHING had been done. Not even a trade-in search on our car. Corey handed us the "price sheet" with the MSRP numbers on it. In all the years we have been buying cars we have NEVER paid either of the sticker prices on a vehicle. When my husband advised Corey that they were going to have to come down a ways on the price and to not bother playing the back and forth game but to just give us a bottom line number, Corey rudely informed my husband that he had been selling cars for many years and there was he has an order to the sales process that he will be following. My husband again asked for the bottom line. Corey left to go to the sales managers office. When he returned, we were presented with a very low figure for our trade-in. Like $2000 lower than Kelley Blue Book online! When we pointed out that our vehicle booked out online between $10,000 and $11,500 and that we have the maintenance records to back it up, Corey informed us that the sales manager wanted to take it for a drive to check it out. I handed over my key. After Corey took the key to the sales manager's office and sat down, my husband went outside to wait for them as he was going to accompany them on the test-drive. After 8 minutes of sitting in the sales amnagers office, Corey came back to the desk I was sitting at and informed me that they had called the Bellingham Kia dealership to confer and confirm the trade-in value of our car. He was pleased to point out that he and his sales manager were right and asked if we were interested in completing the deal today. I wrote down my husbands cell phone number (our home number was on the basic info sheet he had me complete earlier)and name and asked him to call when they were ready to actually negotiate a deal and to return my key. My key was casually tossed across the desk and I grabbed it before it slid off the desk to the floor, I was informed that they would not be calling us to negotiate astheir price had been given to us. I said goodbye and walked out. I explained the gist of my conversation with my husband as we left the dealership. After lunch we proceeded to another dealership in Bellingham, NOT Kia, where we purchased a gorgeous 2012 model SUV which by the way, was more than the Kia we test-drove, better equipped and a V-6 not a V-4 engine. Why did we agree to this vehicle? Customer service and respect shown to the customer. Period!

Twitter
"This was the absolute worst car shopping experience of my..."

cwgreen
4/19/2012 1:11:51 PM

David & Mark

1.8

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

This was the absolute worst car shopping experience of my entire life. The sales person, David, attempted to put us in a bidding war against another customer. When I asked for a manager, he said there wasn't one there, however when I spoke to the manager the next day he said he was there and aware of the situation. I asked him if he knew about this situation how come he didn't address it, he had really no answer. He was less then helpful himself. I will never recommend this dealership to anybody. Just horrible.

Twitter
"Went to dealership to buy a new/gently used Kia. ..."

DonnaB2011
11/15/2011 2:26:06 AM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
Steve Cleaver; sales manager "Bob"

1.2

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

Went to dealership to buy a new/gently used Kia. Eventually found a 2009 Borrego, liked it, and started to negotiate. Even though already had pre-approval from credit union for the cost of vehicle, this "dealing" process went on for about 2 hours. Finally went in to sign paperwork, and they were frustrated they had to change to my pre-approved credit union for financing (and it was cheaper). They spelled our names wrong (my husband's first name too), so once we were finally through all that, we were exhausted. The next morning, I checked KBB and found that the value was $6,000 LESS than what we were charged, and when looking at several dealerships that post their prices, they were all at/near the KBB. I called our salesman who told me there was nothing he could do. The next business day I called the sales manager who was quite rude, told me that they gave me more than needed on my trade in (they gave me $2800 total on my paid off trade) and that since they are allowed to charge up to 120% over KBB, that they are only over by 114%, so they feel they've done nothing wrong. I am outraged, and will continue to pursue this until I'm satisfied. I will NEVER recommend this dealership to anyone!!

Twitter
"I actually give this dealership 0 stars....but I couldn't..."

Jamiesc82@gmail.com
10/1/2011 9:24:33 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)
Earl and Jeremy

1.8

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

I actually give this dealership 0 stars....but I couldn't do that option. I recently bought a new vehicle from Smith Kia and was told I would get $15,400 for my trade in value. Well, when I got home, I was looking over my paperwork and they had only given me $13,620 for my trade in and so I went up there to talk to them about it and they wouldn't do anything for me. They even denied offering me $15,400 for my trade in, even though it was right there on the paper. I pointed it out and they were like "oh....uh.....that was when we were dealing with the other car." Yeah...ok.....why would you offer anyone that for one car and not another that is more expensive. That makes NO sense. I guess a young girl like me can't trust anybody these days.

Twitter
"CAME IN TO BUY USED CAR STOCK #K9113A SALESMAN WENT IN..."

gene23cooper
8/30/2009 12:01:43 PM

used car salesman

1.5

My Review Of Jerry Smith Kia:

CAME IN TO BUY USED CAR STOCK #K9113A SALESMAN WENT IN STORE TO GET PRICE CAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT IT WAS. CAME OUT AND SAID CAR WAS ON SALE AT $11,999.00,WE TURNED AROUND AND LEFT, WENT OVER TO PACIFIC COAST AND LEFT WITH NEW USED CAR THIS WAS ON 08-21-2009, THERE AFFORDABLE USED CAR PRICE WAS OUT OF REASON ON 08-21-2009. LOOKED IN
AUTO MARKET ON 08-26-2009 STOCK # K9113A WAS PRICED AT $8649.00. IN 5 DAYS
STOCK# K9113A DROPPED $3350.00. JERRY SMITH AND BURLINGTON WA. SALESMAN ARE NOT THE KIND OF PEOPLE I WOULD SEND ANY BODY LOOKING FOR NEW OR USED VEHICLES TO.THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS KIND OF PRICE GOUGING. THIS ALL TOOK PLACE AT THE JERRY SMITH KIA IN
BURLINGTON, WA. THE CAR IN MENTION WAS A 2004 SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 4X4.