Johnstons Toyota Scion

5015 New York 17M,
New Hampton, New York 10958
Johnstons Toyota Scion Info
About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Johnstons Toyota Scion is the OLDEST family-owned Toyota dealership in the United States. Winner of the prestigious Toyota President's Award 19 times is a testament to their outstanding customer service! Johnstons has an outstanding stock of new Toyota vehicles and has two locations to choose from. They also sell high-quality used vehicles from Toyota to Hyundai. Johnstons award winning service department can also service any vehicle you own! Check them out at www.johnstonstoyota.com

About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Monday 9:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Jerry
2/04/2016

"Highlande Ltd."

This is my 4th vehicle purchase at Johnstons Toyota. I return because of the sales and service provided, and the quality of Toyota products. Highly recommended.

M&M
10/22/2015

"Gabriella Made Our Day!"

We walked in looking for a 2016 Tacoma, a model which hadn't quite been shipped to dealers yet. Notwithstanding, Gabriella Ward met us at the door and said "let's see what's in the pipeline." A half hour later she'd found exactly what we wanted and so we signed on the dotted line. She made our purchase a pleasure. Gabby followed up on her sale and guided us through the wait and the closing. Ask for her. She'll take good care of you. The rest of the staff was helpful too, but we think Gabby is the standout! Thanks, Gabby!

Gabriella Ward

January 06, 2016

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that you had such a great experience. Gabby is a great fit here at Johnstons Toyota and we know she will do the customer right. We are proud to have Gabby and you as part of our Johnstons Family. Don't forget that our dedication to you doesn;t stop at sales our service department is here to help you every step of the way.

LMG1
10/20/2015

"Purchased a New Sienna"

I have a 2004 Sienna with 327,000 miles. I love this car. I also am very satisfied with your Service Department that has kept this car in great shape for the past 11 years. For these reason I thought I would look at a new Sienna. Just looking with no intention to buy at this time. Gabby Ward met me at the door and I explained I was looking for information. She was very welcoming, showed me the various models and then we test drove the Sienna and Venza. Afterwards she gave me detailed information on the various Sienna models and the Venza including pricing. All of this information was very helpful and I decided not to wait to purchase the car. Gabby, Paul and Lynn, while very thorough, made purchasing the car easy. When I picked up the car, Carmello gave me an in-depth orientation on how each of the various items worked and how to use the car manuals and website. I have gone back once with a question and Gabby was been terrific. She showed me what I was doing wrong and fix the problem immediately. Thank you Johnston's Toyota for giving me your very competent and friendly employees to work with while purchasing my new Sienna.

Gabriella Ward and Carmello

james1121
10/03/2015

"1st and last Oil Change at Johnstons Toyota"

Took my 2014 Prius in for its initial 10k maintenance which entailed an oil change and tire rotation. After about an hour and a half of waiting my car was returned to me. On my way home I noticed I was getting horrible gas mileage around 3-4 mpg less than I usually get. When I got home first thing I did was check my oil level, it was about an INCH from the excessive level mark..... I immediately looked at the service receipt and noticed they added 5 yes 5 quarts of oil. Max oil level with filter is 3.9 quarts.... How could a dealership screw up something so simple as an oil change on a car they sell. I took the car to Valvoline and they emptied out the excess oil, they also told me the dealership used a velvet washer instead of aluminum and left an oil all over the outside of the pan indicating they over filled it but never bothered to clean up the mess. Service users beware.......

They made me choose an employee to post this review, I did not work with Chris or Ryan I was handled by a woman at the front desk

Ang008
9/09/2015

"Excellence all around "

I came to Johnston's Toyota after my friend had a not so pleasant experience at another Toyota dealership. From start to finish, I had a pleasant experience. Kelvin Joseph is an exceptional salesman. He is friendly, knowledgable and genuine with his assistance. He was also super patient with meeting my needs in what I was looking for specifically. I recieved a follow up call a few days after my purchase to make sure I was still happy with my selection and to make sure all was well with my new truck. It's been 2 months since my purchase and I still talk about the service to friends and family. I even converted my friend to have his truck serviced at Johnstons in the future.

Kelvin Joseph

September 18, 2015

Thank you so much for choosing Johnstons Toyota to purchase your vehicle from. We try to treat each an every customer as they were part of our family. Kelvin is truly genuine in doing this. We appreciate you sharing your experience as well as refering us to your friend for service. Remember our service department is here for you too. Enjoy singing, "Got my Toyota at Johnstons Toyota..."

RGM2112
8/31/2015

"A perfect buying experience!"

All I had to do is tell the salesperson what I wanted, the rest was done for me. There was no pressure and no nonsense. They did not have the exact truck I wanted in stock. My salesman was Tom Hodge. He didn't try to sell me something else instead, he assured me they would find me the truck I was looking for, and they did. Salesperson was great, finance guy was great, and I got an awesome truck that I'm thrilled with. No doubt I would recommend Johnston's Toyota to anyone in the market for a car or truck.

Tom Hodge

September 01, 2015

Thank you so much for choosing Johnstons Toyota to purchase your new truck from. We are here if you have any questions about the features in your new vehicle. Don't forget about our service department! You're part of our family now so stop by anytime!

jojo7069
8/20/2015

"Service"

I had an issues with how my service was completed. I spoke to Ryan Dolan Shop Manager and he had the service issues corrected and had my vehicle cleaned as a thank you. I can't ask for more!

NAME NOT LISTED

August 28, 2015

We apologize for the issue that had come up, but we are happy that it got resolved for you. Thank you for the positive review. It is greatly appreciated.

Mr Bill
7/22/2015

" great Toyota truck for a great price from a great salesman"

I think I was treated very well and fairly. Kelvin Joseph is someone I felt I can trust. I always recommend Johnston's Toyota, this is my 11th or 12th Toyota since I started buying cars.

Kelvin Joseph

August 28, 2015

Hi Joe, We are happy that you has such a good experience with us and we appreciate your repeat business. Thank you for being a part of the Johnstons Family!!!

July 29, 2015

We really appreciate your business as always. Thank you so much for returning to us for a new vehicle time and time again. Most importantly thank you for being part of the Johnstons family and singing, "I got my Toyota from Johnstons Toyota..."

Gilgamesh
6/27/2015

"Bad Experience with Recall EPS ECU (Power Steering)"

On 06Jun 2015, I brought a 2015 Toyota Rav4 in for a Toyota recall. It was for the EPS ECU. I was told that the work would take around 2 hours. After waiting for around that time, I was told that unfortunately the new ECU did not activate. Initially, it was thought the part was faulty. Two days later it was discovered that they had the wrong part for the car. It wasn't broken, the part was the wrong model. Another appointment was scheduled to bring the car back, and verify the correct model numbers. Order the correct part number, leave the car with the dealership, and return later. First Problem: I was under the impression that the first step would be for a diagnostic tool to be used to verify if the existing ECU needed to be replaced. The current recall process was not explained to me. I was told they would be replacing the ECU. Then I find that either the incorrect part was installed, or the correct part was installed but was broken. I suppose I will never know. Question: If the existing ECU was not checked for damage, then how would you know that the newly installed part was not also damaged? What should have happened here: 1. The service department should have explained the Toyota recall process. Whatever the actual process was, the first step should have been to check the existing ECU for damage. First determine if it needs to be replaced at all. So on with the story. After two hours and many apologies another appointment had to be made to bring the car back, once again check the order numbers on the part and make sure the correct part is ordered. On 20Jun 2015, we brought the car back and picked up a rental. I was told that the car would be ready on Tue, 23Jun 2015. On 23Jun 2015, the service department called and said the ordered ECU part had still not yet arrived. I told them if they didn't have the part, in their hands, by the next morning at 09:00, don't touch the car. I'll come to get it and take it somewhere else. 30 minutes after that conversation, the service department calls back and now says that the work is done?!!! My, what a quick and sudden change! What happened in that 30 minutes to create such a quick change? We go from the "part is not here yet" to "the work is done" in 30 minutes? I don't think so. Either my existing ECU was finally checked and determined it didn't need to be replaced. Or nothing was done, and I was just told it was replaced. On 24Jun 2015, I picked up the car. I could have asked to see the old part that was replaced, but why bother? I would have just got another run around. And was fed up by this point. By the way, on the Safety Recall FOJ - EPS Validation Website. This is the result: The Vehicle EPS ECU is Not affected by this campaign. I will assume that means the part did not need to be replaced. Post Mortem: Talking to the service department person was like being in an Abbott & Costello scene. It was constant partial explanations, and contradictory information. Then when asked a question and she was forced to reveal information that she chose to leave out previously. She would tell me that she already gave me that information. This person had nice manners, but did not generate an atmosphere of trust. She should have explained every step of the recall process, and every real time change that occurred. Who knows what work was actually done? But if I have a problem with my steering I know who to report.

Regina Donovan

Kathy
6/19/2015

"A Huge Shout Out !"

I was treated so kindly and professionally. I was given options and suggestions to help me make my decision to purchase a Rav 4. A special thanks to Jamie, Drew and Richard.....

Jamie Murcia