Johnstons Toyota Scion

5015 New York 17M,
New Hampton, New York 10958
Johnstons Toyota Scion Info
About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Johnstons Toyota Scion is the OLDEST family-owned Toyota dealership in the United States. Winner of the prestigious Toyota President's Award 19 times is a testament to their outstanding customer service! Johnstons has an outstanding stock of new Toyota vehicles and has two locations to choose from. They also sell high-quality used vehicles from Toyota to Hyundai. Johnstons award winning service department can also service any vehicle you own! Check them out at www.johnstonstoyota.com

About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Monday 9:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Mr Bill
7/22/2015

" great Toyota truck for a great price from a great salesman"

I think I was treated very well and fairly. Kelvin Joseph is someone I felt I can trust. I always recommend Johnston's Toyota, this is my 11th or 12th Toyota since I started buying cars.

Johnstons Toyota Scion responded to this review

July 29, 2015

We really appreciate your business as always. Thank you so much for returning to us for a new vehicle time and time again. Most importantly thank you for being part of the Johnstons family and singing, "I got my Toyota from Johnstons Toyota..."

Gilgamesh
6/27/2015

"Bad Experience with Recall EPS ECU (Power Steering)"

On 06Jun 2015, I brought a 2015 Toyota Rav4 in for a Toyota recall. It was for the EPS ECU. I was told that the work would take around 2 hours. After waiting for around that time, I was told that unfortunately the new ECU did not activate. Initially, it was thought the part was faulty. Two days later it was discovered that they had the wrong part for the car. It wasn't broken, the part was the wrong model. Another appointment was scheduled to bring the car back, and verify the correct model numbers. Order the correct part number, leave the car with the dealership, and return later. First Problem: I was under the impression that the first step would be for a diagnostic tool to be used to verify if the existing ECU needed to be replaced. The current recall process was not explained to me. I was told they would be replacing the ECU. Then I find that either the incorrect part was installed, or the correct part was installed but was broken. I suppose I will never know. Question: If the existing ECU was not checked for damage, then how would you know that the newly installed part was not also damaged? What should have happened here: 1. The service department should have explained the Toyota recall process. Whatever the actual process was, the first step should have been to check the existing ECU for damage. First determine if it needs to be replaced at all. So on with the story. After two hours and many apologies another appointment had to be made to bring the car back, once again check the order numbers on the part and make sure the correct part is ordered. On 20Jun 2015, we brought the car back and picked up a rental. I was told that the car would be ready on Tue, 23Jun 2015. On 23Jun 2015, the service department called and said the ordered ECU part had still not yet arrived. I told them if they didn't have the part, in their hands, by the next morning at 09:00, don't touch the car. I'll come to get it and take it somewhere else. 30 minutes after that conversation, the service department calls back and now says that the work is done?!!! My, what a quick and sudden change! What happened in that 30 minutes to create such a quick change? We go from the "part is not here yet" to "the work is done" in 30 minutes? I don't think so. Either my existing ECU was finally checked and determined it didn't need to be replaced. Or nothing was done, and I was just told it was replaced. On 24Jun 2015, I picked up the car. I could have asked to see the old part that was replaced, but why bother? I would have just got another run around. And was fed up by this point. By the way, on the Safety Recall FOJ - EPS Validation Website. This is the result: The Vehicle EPS ECU is Not affected by this campaign. I will assume that means the part did not need to be replaced. Post Mortem: Talking to the service department person was like being in an Abbott & Costello scene. It was constant partial explanations, and contradictory information. Then when asked a question and she was forced to reveal information that she chose to leave out previously. She would tell me that she already gave me that information. This person had nice manners, but did not generate an atmosphere of trust. She should have explained every step of the recall process, and every real time change that occurred. Who knows what work was actually done? But if I have a problem with my steering I know who to report.

Regina Donovan

Kathy
6/19/2015

"A Huge Shout Out !"

I was treated so kindly and professionally. I was given options and suggestions to help me make my decision to purchase a Rav 4. A special thanks to Jamie, Drew and Richard.....

Kzarek
6/05/2015

"Great Customer Service!"

Salesman was Don Winner and exceeded all expectations. Gave me excellent advice and was very helpful in explaining the options I had when purchasing my new Toyota. Was not expecting to buy but he "made me an offer I could not refuse!" The finance personnel were top notch as well. All of the staff I dealt with have been excellent. Recommend Johnstons Toyota Scion very highly.

pjdiane
6/01/2015

"Honest , Friendly, Polite and just plain nice"

We visited 5 dealers while looking for a new car, when we finally got to Johnstons Toyota we were greeted by Mr. Kelvin Joseph who asked what we thought we would like and then showed us many different styles and colors. He was really a nice guy, no pressure, honest and made us feel like he wanted to help us. My wife and I are both seniors and have purchased many cars before this but Kelvin made buying our Rav 4 the most pleasant car purchase in our lives. All the employees we met while at Johnstons made us feel at home and we highly recommend Johnstons Toyota .

every13years
3/14/2015

"It's worth the trip."

I first became a Johnston's Toyota customer in 1989. Since then, I've purchased a grand total of three Corollas from them. Although I'm not a frequent buyer, I've never felt as though I was a stranger to anyone there. When it came time to purchase my current vehicle, I asked for "my" salesman, only to find that he had retired a few years before. Fortunately, I was directed to Kelvin Joseph. Anyone who is looking for a low-pressure car-buying experience should give him a call.

bb338
3/13/2015

"Best price and by far the best salespeople"

I just bought a new Toyota Corolla L from this place. Obviously it's a great car. I chose this car and then shopped around for the best offers. After nearly 2 weeks of shopping around, it was obvious to me that this place had the best price. Not only that, but everyone I talked to there were so pleasant to deal with. The person I mainly dealt was Matt Gibbs. He didn't pressure me at all (as most other dealers did). He was patient (as I had many questions). Most dealers try to SELL you a car... it truly seemed like Matt was assisting me in buying one. Paul B. helped me in financing, I can say that he got me GREAT rate. I was new to car buying and he made everything so simple. 10/10

mccoydr
3/02/2015

"Mike P. is an outstanding and trustworthy Service Advisor"

I started going to Johnstons Toyota after being referred by a friend, who spoke very highly of his experience with your Service Advisor, Mike Plunkett. Since my first experience, I have felt certain that Johnstons is now where I need to go for service needs. The care, patience, trust and knowledge that Mike Plunkett provided will keep me coming back. In fact, I have recommended your service department to so many friends because of the trust and comfort I feel with Mike. I feel so lucky to have found someone that I can trust wholeheartedly. He is an outstanding asset to Johnstons.

Hazlgrnguy
2/20/2015

"Matt G. was excellent"

Matt was not your typical salesman. I never got that feeling that ask he wanted to do was sell me a car. I am sure he did, but he was honest and genuine first. I know, I know, hard to believe, but if you do need a car in in the Middletown area, he is the one to go to.

Michael Bruno
2/15/2015

"Felt unappricated,unwelcomed & disappoited at the dealership"

Salemen dont want to move cars.arent trying to close deals.will shoot down a deal unless you pay asking price.while undercutting your trade in..be on the alert and do your DD

Johnstons Toyota Scion responded to this review

February 23, 2015

Dear Mr.Bruno, On behalf of the Sales Team and Management at Johnstons Toyota we apologize that we weren't able to put a deal together. We take the feedback of our customers very seriously.Technology has provided us with special tools to help us price our vehicles competitively against other dealers. This may vary if the particular vehicle you are looking at happens to be a special edition vehicle. We have the same type of tool for appraising customer trades along with certified specialist to do the physical walk around and check the quality of the car. I would like to thank you for your time that you spent in our dealership and hope to earn your business in the future.

Reviews of Richard Valentin