Johnstons Toyota Scion

5015 New York 17M,
New Hampton, New York 10958
Johnstons Toyota Scion Info
About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Johnstons Toyota Scion is the OLDEST family-owned Toyota dealership in the United States. Winner of the prestigious Toyota President's Award 19 times is a testament to their outstanding customer service! Johnstons has an outstanding stock of new Toyota vehicles and has two locations to choose from. They also sell high-quality used vehicles from Toyota to Hyundai. Johnstons award winning service department can also service any vehicle you own! Check them out at www.johnstonstoyota.com

About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Monday 9:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Kathy
6/19/2015

"A Huge Shout Out !"

I was treated so kindly and professionally. I was given options and suggestions to help me make my decision to purchase a Rav 4. A special thanks to Jamie, Drew and Richard.....

Kzarek
6/05/2015

"Great Customer Service!"

Salesman was Don Winner and exceeded all expectations. Gave me excellent advice and was very helpful in explaining the options I had when purchasing my new Toyota. Was not expecting to buy but he "made me an offer I could not refuse!" The finance personnel were top notch as well. All of the staff I dealt with have been excellent. Recommend Johnstons Toyota Scion very highly.

pjdiane
6/01/2015

"Honest , Friendly, Polite and just plain nice"

We visited 5 dealers while looking for a new car, when we finally got to Johnstons Toyota we were greeted by Mr. Kelvin Joseph who asked what we thought we would like and then showed us many different styles and colors. He was really a nice guy, no pressure, honest and made us feel like he wanted to help us. My wife and I are both seniors and have purchased many cars before this but Kelvin made buying our Rav 4 the most pleasant car purchase in our lives. All the employees we met while at Johnstons made us feel at home and we highly recommend Johnstons Toyota .

larry vasone
5/06/2015

"never again."

Not a good experience waited almost 4 hours for a minor service. took car home and notice an oil stain in my driveway oil plug was leaking. was not impressed with the staff very arrogant and unwilling to listen. overall a bad mistake to bring my vehicle there.

Johnstons Toyota Scion responded to this review

May 22, 2015

Hi Larry, We are sorry you did not have a good experience here at Johnstons Toyota. We tried looking you up in our system, but we do not have any records of you. We would like to try to get to the bottom of this and help try to resolve the issues you were having so that you and other customers do not have to go through this. Please email our service manager Pete Sherry: pete_sherry@johnstonstoyota.com with the customer information you provided on the day of your service so we can help understand your situation. We apologize once again for your unfavorable experience here.

every13years
3/14/2015

"It's worth the trip."

I first became a Johnston's Toyota customer in 1989. Since then, I've purchased a grand total of three Corollas from them. Although I'm not a frequent buyer, I've never felt as though I was a stranger to anyone there. When it came time to purchase my current vehicle, I asked for "my" salesman, only to find that he had retired a few years before. Fortunately, I was directed to Kelvin Joseph. Anyone who is looking for a low-pressure car-buying experience should give him a call.

bb338
3/13/2015

"Best price and by far the best salespeople"

I just bought a new Toyota Corolla L from this place. Obviously it's a great car. I chose this car and then shopped around for the best offers. After nearly 2 weeks of shopping around, it was obvious to me that this place had the best price. Not only that, but everyone I talked to there were so pleasant to deal with. The person I mainly dealt was Matt Gibbs. He didn't pressure me at all (as most other dealers did). He was patient (as I had many questions). Most dealers try to SELL you a car... it truly seemed like Matt was assisting me in buying one. Paul B. helped me in financing, I can say that he got me GREAT rate. I was new to car buying and he made everything so simple. 10/10

mccoydr
3/02/2015

"Mike P. is an outstanding and trustworthy Service Advisor"

I started going to Johnstons Toyota after being referred by a friend, who spoke very highly of his experience with your Service Advisor, Mike Plunkett. Since my first experience, I have felt certain that Johnstons is now where I need to go for service needs. The care, patience, trust and knowledge that Mike Plunkett provided will keep me coming back. In fact, I have recommended your service department to so many friends because of the trust and comfort I feel with Mike. I feel so lucky to have found someone that I can trust wholeheartedly. He is an outstanding asset to Johnstons.

Hazlgrnguy
2/20/2015

"Matt G. was excellent"

Matt was not your typical salesman. I never got that feeling that ask he wanted to do was sell me a car. I am sure he did, but he was honest and genuine first. I know, I know, hard to believe, but if you do need a car in in the Middletown area, he is the one to go to.

Michael Bruno
2/15/2015

"Felt unappricated,unwelcomed & disappoited at the dealership"

Salemen dont want to move cars.arent trying to close deals.will shoot down a deal unless you pay asking price.while undercutting your trade in..be on the alert and do your DD

Johnstons Toyota Scion responded to this review

February 23, 2015

Dear Mr.Bruno, On behalf of the Sales Team and Management at Johnstons Toyota we apologize that we weren't able to put a deal together. We take the feedback of our customers very seriously.Technology has provided us with special tools to help us price our vehicles competitively against other dealers. This may vary if the particular vehicle you are looking at happens to be a special edition vehicle. We have the same type of tool for appraising customer trades along with certified specialist to do the physical walk around and check the quality of the car. I would like to thank you for your time that you spent in our dealership and hope to earn your business in the future.

BB
2/07/2015

"Honest mistake???"

I brought in my vehicle for its first 5000 mile service to Johnstons Toyota in New Hampton, NY service Department. I specifically wanted to get the oil changed due to the vehicle being with the current oil more than six (6) months and had about 5200 miles. When I tell Russ, the service adviser, that I want the oil changed, he proceeds to tell me that it is not needed due to the oil being synthetic. I tell him that the owners manual stated "5000 miles or 6 months" and I would like it changed. It was like pulling teeth for this service that the owners manual stated it needed. He finally agrees to have the service completed. I waited an hour and a half after receiving my vehicle. Before I drove off, I checked the oil and it was clear that it was not competed. I check my paperwork and it stated the the work was performed. I then get Russ the service adviser, and he confirms that it was not completed. I expressed my frustration and requested a manager. He tells me that he would take the vehicle and ensure its completed. Once again I tell him I would like to speak to a manager. He tells me that the manger is not in and there is no one here at the moment. I tell him that is unacceptable and there has to be someone here in charge. Here comes the "Sales Manager" walking buy. I explain to him that I've purchased two (2) vehicles from this dealership and that this is unacceptable. The manager, Russ and myself confirm once again the service was not completed after waiting an hour and half (with an appointment). The manager begins to explain how there must have been some "confusion" with the "Toyota Care" that is normally performed and from what was requested. He offers to bring the vehicle back to the shop and perform the requested service that I already waited an hour and a half for and get it completed in 15-20 minutes. In addition, they offer an additional free oil change for the inconvenience. When you bring a vehicle to the dealership, you are "paying for the name" and "service". I would expect this from a "Jiffylube" or Valvoline" not a major local dealership. I'm not big on reviews but I don't believe this to be an honest mistake. Both Russ and the manger were professional and apologetic but this is inexcusable. If the technician is filling out paperwork stating he did work that wasn't completed he should be fired! That's no honest mistake. So if you bring your vehicle to Johnstons Toyota Service Department in New Hampton, NY, beware of " honest"mistakes.

Russ