Johnstons Toyota Scion

5015 New York 17M,
New Hampton, New York 10958
Johnstons Toyota Scion Info
About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Johnstons Toyota Scion is the OLDEST family-owned Toyota dealership in the United States. Winner of the prestigious Toyota President's Award 19 times is a testament to their outstanding customer service! Johnstons has an outstanding stock of new Toyota vehicles and has two locations to choose from. They also sell high-quality used vehicles from Toyota to Hyundai. Johnstons award winning service department can also service any vehicle you own! Check them out at www.johnstonstoyota.com

About Johnstons Toyota Scion

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM

PJ Dude
6/20/2016

"great experience."

Working with Tom Kiernan was a great experience! He was respectful to both me and my wife. He Was laid back and did not bombard me with calls and emails in between test drives.

2007_Solara
6/18/2016

"I will absolutely be back!"

I can't say enough about my experience with Johnston Toyota and want to single out two people: my salesperson Gabby Ward and finance manager David Velez. When it came time to sign on the dotted line nobody tried to sell me an under-coating or an over-coating or a side-coating. David just wanted to make sure I understood my rights and responsibilities. Gabby went out of her way to make sure I was a satisfied customer and I never felt pressured by either. Both Gabby and Dave were very kind, courteous and professional. This is only the second time in my life I have purchased a car from a dealer. I absolutely love my new (used) 2007 Toyota Solara and, when the time comes to purchase another vehicle I will look no further than Johnston's Toyota!

kdownes529
6/15/2016

"Excellent service; . "

Relationships that keep you coming back. This is my 5th or 6th purchase from Johnston's. People remember you and know your name. John was terrific as was Steve Johnston. And Paul was helpful in securing financing. Great team!

nor
6/14/2016

"Wonderful experience buying a car from Johnston's Toyota"

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The salesman, Rue Rab went to great lengths to make us happy, finding us just the right car. He offered to bring others from another location when they didn't have one on hand with a particular interior. They do such great business that one car was sold as we were looking at it. He arranged a great deal for us and handed us over to the finance department where they were equally as nice and helpful. David Velez had everything organized and painless. We kept them well after closing and they were all great about it. The registration and insurance were all taken care of when we came back the next evening to pick up the car. It was a great experience and we will be happy to return the next time we need a car.Thank you so much!

lowrider38
6/10/2016

"Good Experience"

Overall I had a good experience leasing a car through Johnstons Toyota. Their sales team was knowledgable and I really enjoyed the no pressure environment. I was never rushed or pushed to make a decision/purchase. I must have driven the salesman nuts with all of the cars I looked at. If it did bother him, he didn't show it. He remained patient with me the whole time. Good buying experience, I would consider purchasing/leasing from this dealer again.

Dan B
6/10/2016

"Great experience!"

I was putting off buying a new car for months because I didn't want to go to a dealership.after seeing the truck I wanted I inquired online and somebody got back to me in less than an hour. The truck was as advertised and no bait and switch. The did not keep me long and the salesman was great. The finance department was super good and very helpful. When I picked the truck up the next day I didn't wait forever and it went smoothly. They spent over a half hour going over the car and answering all of my questions. I would definitely buy another car from them and I will recommend them to all of my friends and family. It was well worth the hour drive to purch the truck! Thank you to all the people I dealt with at Johnston for giving me such a great experience!

Tacoma2017
6/09/2016

"Awesome service"

Gabby, was very helpful in helping me find exactly what I was looking for in a Tacoma. The whole experience was flawless and easy, even dealing with the price of the vehicle. I highly recommend gaddy as well as the rest of the staff at johnstons. Thank you again for a pleasant experience.

Cici2016

"Buying a car"

I went online to check the Prius and Debbie emailed me that the car is available. We walked in to the dealership and Don met us. I test drove then David helped me apply for the financing. They made feel at ease.

James DeLaunay
6/04/2016

"End of lease start of new lease "

Both Don and Lynn were very helpful in ending my old lease and starting my new lease. It was done quickly and affordably. Thank you. Extra word

unicornhunter
6/04/2016

"Johnston Toyota- the unicorn in the room"

We initially contacted this dealership as a way to get competing pricing for the Highlander we were looking at. This quickly changed to 'a dealership who would actually deal with us via e-mail, and be completely transparent with all fees/pricing.' Funny how hard that is to find in the car business... well, we found it here! (Hence the 'unicorn' in the room.) Debbie Daidone was the first person that we spoke to. She helped break all pricing down, was game for our multiple back-and-forth emails regarding pricing and fees, and would even answer us off-hours! (She included a 'hehe' in one of our last e-mails- this might have cemented the deal for me...) Debbie (and her 'hehe') is the reason why we walked through the door of Johnston. We were a bit apprehensive about coming to the actual dealership and having to work through a bait-and-switch, or wade through the 'cut-throat' behaviors and slightly simmering animosity that we felt from various salespeople when visiting other dealerships. Instead, we were treated to a chorus of 'hellos' and genuine smiles, all within the first 2 minutes of us entering! Maybe it's an Orange County thing.... but that alone made us feel much better about our decision to shop at Johnston. Clearly Debbie's character in her e-mails was indicative of the larger work culture being cultivated here. We met with Tom Kiernan, who is possibly the most laid back salesperson we have ever encountered. The media lied! Car salesmen are supposed to be sleazy and sneaky! Tom? He was someone we'd definitely grab a beer with, if I wasn't pregnant, that is. Tom quickly went over some of the fees that Debbie missed in the e-mail exchange so that we would not be blindsided. I appreciated the up-front honesty, which gave us time to walk away if we were not ok with the change. Yes, we were ok with the extra fees- tire surcharge, fuel, documentation fee- all of these items were expected from our research, and were reasonably priced. The test drive was great, and Tom was fantastic at showing us all the latest and greatest gadgets featured in the Highlander. His enthusiasm and hilarious stories made the experience 10 times better. At this point we met Lynn Desmond, who explained our additional warranty options, the wisdom of investing in it, tire protection, and more. We ended up declining, but I'll admit that his sales pitch was so relaxed and matter-of-fact that he had us hard-lining 'no extended warranty ever' individuals actually consider it. We ESPECIALLY appreciated Lynn's approach in speaking with us- no hard sales, no pitting us against each other, and no talking down to us despite our age and/or race. We came back the following day, and found everything to be ready for us to go. We were in and out in 1.5 hours, and that includes the post-signature 20 minute conversation we had with Lynn about our options to pay back the loan (among other topics), and the 30 minutes that Tom gave to us for setting up the car. I didn't know that car purchases involved such a personal touch! Also, I counted: 6 individuals (on Thursday) and 7 individuals (on Friday) smiled, spoke, or cracked jokes at us. These numbers do not included the 3 that we worked with. What is this place?? Land of the unicorn... or an Orange County thing... (I teach in Orange county, I love bragging about this place.) (For perspective- at another dealership we visited a week ago, 5-10 different Toyota salesmen walked right past us. No hellos, no eye contact, and no- I would not want to grab a beer or non-alcoholic beverage with any of them.) Side note: kudos on that fantastic website! The web designers and maintenance is clean, modern and is what I expect from a 2016 car transaction; we were appalled at the state of some of the other dealership websites in the area.... they're something out of the 1990's GeoCities era. That website was like an extension of your showroom- spacious, clean, colorful, and very neatly laid out. Might need the contact info of whoever does the spatial reasoning on your team. So to sum it up- Johnston Toyota is the unicorn in the room. The only dealership that we've ever dealt with that had genuinely happy and calm people involved, from beginning to end. The only dealership that was willing to print prices on e-mail, negotiate online, and stick with the agreed upon numbers. And everyone smiles!! Yes, you are a mythical creature in the world of car transactions.

Dan Rosenblum secured the interest rate for us, Paul Blazeski personally came and checked in on both days- thanks!

Reviews of Don Winner