Jones Kia

Hagerstown KIA

Laurel Kia

DParts
8/01/2014

"Mechanics are inept and Service Advisors are condescending"

My 2012 Kia Soul was diagnosed as needing a new transmission at only 25,000 miles. The transmission was replace and they returned the vehicle to me even though it had some very obvious problems. It wouldn't shift into 1st gear without double clutching. The mechanic who replaced the transmission, the resident master mechanic and the service manager collectively determined that there was nothing that could be done about this sifting issue and recommended I drive the car for a couple hundred miles and then call them and let them know if the problem works itself out. Not one of the had a real solution. They all lacked the experience with manual transmissions to provide any real answers. The next morning while driving the vehicle it popped out of 5th gear while I was driving down the road. It was an audible pop from the center console. My foot was still on the gas, I had not touched the gear shifter, the clutch or the brake. The rpm's spiked and it took a second before I realized what had happened. Quite frankly, it scared the daylights out of me. After I gathered my thoughts I started thinking this was a fluke. So I shifted back into 5th and continued my commute. About halfway through my commute it popped out of gear again. This time it was 3rd gear and my sister and I heard the pop and saw the gear shifter move and then the rpm's revved high like it did when it popped out of 5th. What is going on with this transmission? After waiting for Kia Roadside Assistance from 9:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. and no tow truck ever showing up, I drove the death trap home. Where it popped out of 5th gear two more times. Jones Kia's general manager did send a tow truck after my husband called to complain about KRA not showing up. But when I got to the Jones Kia Service Center, the service advisor tried to turn the tables on me and suggest that the bumps I was hitting were too big and that was what was making the gear shifter pop out of gear. This infuriated me. No vehicle should ever, ever, ever pop out of gear, no matter what!!! His suggestion was ridiculous. And he just stood there with a look on his face that showed he was taking pity on me. The number of times he replied "Really?" with that stupid look on his face only infuriated me more. I have been driving vehicle with a manual transmission for nearly 30 years. They don't just jump out of gear. I do know what I am talking about. And someone at Jones Kia needs to hire someone with some knowledge of manual transmissions or foot the bill for me to take it to an expert because they are baffled and that is not going to get my car repaired, now is it?

Shwan Davis

SJUHAWK2001
10/01/2013

"After visiting a total of five Kia dealerships and..."

After visiting a total of five Kia dealerships and becoming more and more frustrated each time, an internet search led me to Jones Kia! I initially explained the deals I'd been offered to Randy and he put me in touch with Steve M. I explained to Steve the situation with my trade and what I wanted to pay - didn't really care how they got to my number (discount the MSRP or give me top dollar for my trade) mind you. Steve was professional and we agreed to schedule an appointment for me to meet with him and have my trade valued. They made me a deal and even went as far as getting the *EXACT* Optima Hybrid I wanted from another dealer. On top of everything else, the Jones For Life program sold me! So, long story short, there is a reason I traveled over 75 miles from home to purchase my Optima Hybrid. These guys cannot be beat - and they customer service after the sale is incredible. I know I made a smart purchase and that my dealer will stand behind it forever. On top of everything else, I'm was surprised that Jones is able to handle the out of state sales tax and registration - definitely an added bonus! Thank you, Steve and thank you, Jones! I will be sure to refer all my family and friends to you guys! I'm a Jones customer for life! P.S. - the hybrid is averaging over 41.2 MPG after 325+ miles so far - easily beating the window sticker!

Steve M.

Ravens nut
10/01/2013

"William is very easy to work with. He found usbthe right..."

William is very easy to work with. He found usbthe right car at the right payment. If you're in the market for a new or used anything, go see Libby he will take good care of you.

William Libertini

Skrahling
9/25/2013

"William went above and beyond my expectations of a..."

William went above and beyond my expectations of a dealer. Went out of his way to make sure we got the right car for us.

William Libertini

Beads3333
7/05/2013

"I had an awesome experience. You would be doing yourself..."

I had an awesome experience. You would be doing yourself a favor by visiting this dealership if you are in the market for a new or used vehicle.

Will Libertini, Hugh Hanley

mdeitrick
6/23/2013

"Excellent service from Jones KIA. Will Libertini and the..."

Excellent service from Jones KIA. Will Libertini and the staff were by my side from the beginning to the end of the sale to assist in any way possible. His knowledge, friendliness and patience is much appreciated.

Will Libertini

oconnor1028
6/08/2013

"I walked in not know what type of car that I wanted. I..."

I walked in not know what type of car that I wanted. I sat down with Tim Brown and we went through a lot of vehicles. I was given several vehicles to test drive and then we narrowed it down to a couple of cars. Tim was amazing at what he did, he came in to work with me on his day off and then we sat down and went over some numbers and I was still not sure because it was a little out of my price range, so I left the dealership with same old car that I came in with. On my way home, I received a call a call from Tim that stated that they were able to get the price down to my range. Sine it was Tim's day off, I told him that I would come in to complete all of the paperwork the next morning first thing. I arrived at the dealership right as they opened and met Tim and all of the paperwork was complete and I went right into finance and signed my papers. After the paperwork was complete, Tim showed me every option on the car and even took the time I set up my phone and satellite. I would recommend Tim Brown to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle.

Tim Brown

AnitaJohns10
6/05/2013

"Hello Fran Meyer, You gave me excellent service and..."

Hello Fran Meyer, You gave me excellent service and you were very knowledgeable with your product. I would recommend you to anyone buying/trading a car. Nissan Rouge Anita Johns

Fran Meyer

thebird7689
5/16/2013

"Hugh and Fran were great when helping my girlfriend and I..."

Hugh and Fran were great when helping my girlfriend and I purchase a car. They showed us many cars that were in our price range and even showed us more when we asked about them. They were very helpful in explaining everything to us. Thanks Hugh and Fran.

Hugh Hanley Fran Meyers

Danielle92
5/15/2013

"Never did I think I would be driving my dream car......"

Never did I think I would be driving my dream car... Until now! So many thanks to everyone who helped me out, but especially to Fran Meyers and his wonderful team! Being a first time buyer with little credit history, it was hard for me to even think of being able to buy a car, let alone my dream car without even needing a co-signer. Everyone at Jones was amazing to work with, so friendly and made you feel like a million bucks from the moment you pulled in, to the moment you pulled out in your new car! Hugh, Dom and Rob worked hard to get me approved and I could not thank them more. Now I have a reliable vehicle that turns heads. I love my Optima, and love the fact that I have Jones for a Lifetime and Auto Butler! Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I would recommend anyone to come visit you guys!

Fran Meyers, Hugh Henley, Dom Avena, Rob Gill