Karl Chevrolet

Karl Chevrolet Info

Shottenkirk Chevrolet

Rex Willett
7/22/2016

"Falling short of expectations"

Being in my mid 50's I have purchased several new cars and trucks over the years. Being in the age of the internet, I also have bought several online as I already know what the vehicles look like, so it is about coming to grips with a negotiable price and deciding if you want to move forward. I also have purchased several vehicles from other States and flew employees into the local airport to pick up the vehicles. Every time the dealer has either had the vehicle at the airport to greet the driver or picked them up at the airport and taken them to the dealership to deliver the vehicle, so I think nothing of working with a new car dealer or buying larger ticket items on the internet. I was shopping for a Camaro Convertible and Karl Chevrolet did have one of the largest selections of Camaros in stock and do a decent job of presenting them on the internet. After a couple months of shopping for the exact color, freatures and options on the car I saw they had a new 17 that just landed with the right exterior color and right interior color I was after. I approached them via e-mail and was contacted back quickly the next day. Exchanged a few mails, then had a phone conversation and came to a price they could live with and I could live with. I wanted white factory Chevrolet stripes added to the car, so eight days ago I gave them a CC down payment to order the stripes. I asked if they wanted more down and was told no, the down is more than the stripes, so if you back out of the deal we have free stripes. Made sense to me. After the weekend I made arrangements with my bank to wire transfer the funds for the car to Karl Chevrolet in anticipation of them ordering the stripes the Thursday before the weekend and getting them installed while they waited for the payment. I watched the funds hit their account rapidly as it was before 2 pm and the payments at most banks are instant which this one was. I had intentions that possibly on the Wednesday or Thursday of the following week after the downpayment was made that they would deliver the vehicle to me. The mistake I made was paying it all up front, and I have been shelved and put on the back burner with lots of excuses now on Friday afternoon (8 days) after initial payment that they do not even have the white stripes there and are asking me if I want to take delivery with the car and no stripes. That is NOT what I wanted, nor is it acceptable. In all of my dealings with dealerships, this one has been the worst by far. I feel like an outsider and have heard a few excuses to why I cannot take delivery of the vehicle in an 8 day period. Not it looks as though it is going to stretch into next week! Very odd dealings and a buyer beware listing would be my viewpoint on this dealership for future shoppers and buyers. Should be treated with a bit of respect, and the service of delivery after the sale has to be better. As a customer I can accept an extra day or two, but when you are talking 12-13 days after paying for a vehicle for them to add stripes to it and be delivered is poor service, with no other description.

Klein

ankenyhusker
5/07/2016

"Autobody does NOT back-up their repairs"

I took my car in for an insurance covered repair for the rear passenger side fender and wheel well. I noticed the paint was not even and asked for further repair - the body shop refused to repair their work. When I brought the same car in for another insurance covered repair in the same area, I told the Autobody Manager that I wanted them to fix the region correctly this time - there was obvious rust that was never repaired correctly the first time - I figured Karl would actually do the right thing the second time around; which is why I gave them a second chance. I was wrong - the Autobody Manger returned the car repaired, but the repaired region was showing surface rust. I brought the car back in three more times to let them try to fix their problem. The body shop was just spraying paint over regions that were not sanded down to the metal. On the final return to the service, I was told there were almost 80K miles on the car; so it was now just too old. These were insurance company repairs, they should have done the correct repair and charged my insurance company.

Body Shop

Steve84
3/27/2016

"What a joke!"

Bring your truck down because there would be all these buyers and would get more money for your trade. What a story... heard that Karl's is trying to become #1 dealership of the nation? I remember when Karl dealership really wanted to help you get into the car or truck of your dreams. And they would do so much to make that happen but not anymore. Now its money, money and more money but all for them, nothing for you. I mean it was nuts and we were looking to lease a truck not buy it! Unless you are well off or got bucks I would stay away from this dealership. Because looking their trucks is just dream, you will never touch one. But then like my husband said someone has to pay for those new trucks and cars, that new building and all those sales people.

Alex Buck

Gina
2/22/2015

"Karl Chevrolet=Class Act! "

Our buying experience was seamless and fast! From Financial, to On Star set up, to on the road, completely a class act! Thanks, we will be back! #LOVING MY MALUBU!

Brandon Williams, John Pitt, Kate Smith

Mike_eye
9/14/2013

"The car buying experience was great at Karl Chevrolet..."

The car buying experience was great at Karl Chevrolet stayed later after closing time to make the sale, Great for you Dustin good job. Bought a 2012 Impala (Certified used) car nice car got a bumper to bumper warranty that expires at 48000 miles. I thought great if I have problems they are covered. Not so at Karl's started having problems with the drivers side vent it would not open after closing it once. Then I notice the headlight covers were cracking in the area of the driving lights I think it comes from the lights being on when operating the car. I take the car to the service department and make an appointment get my car in show them the warranty they say ok we will check it out. after 2 hours they come back and say these are trim items and are not covered by the warranty and will cost 600 to fix the items. I will not deal at Karl Chevrolet again BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY I SAY BULL TO THAT

service manager

Feller4
3/28/2013

"A big thank you to Gene Klein, he has been the best..."

A big thank you to Gene Klein, he has been the best salesman i have ever delt with and every employee that i came in contact with through out my purchase from beginning to end has been great, i would recomend Gene to anyone wanting a great experience at Karl Chevrolet, once again THANK YOU.

Gene Klein

smithle2002
3/04/2013

"Karl Chevrolet has a great staff who is willing to give..."

Karl Chevrolet has a great staff who is willing to give you the time, effort, patience, and care one needs when buying a car. We appreciate all the help they gave us and would highly recommend them to anyone!!! Thank you!!

Jeremy, Paul, and anyone else who helped us :)

TeamLily
2/02/2013

"Another Truly Exceptional vehicle purchase from Karl..."

Another Truly Exceptional vehicle purchase from Karl Chevrolet! Todd Landis is one of the Hallmark's at Karl Chevrolet. Customer Service throughout the dealership is second to none and it truly extends through the entire life cycle of our purchase. The value, care, service, support, and relationship of Karl Chevrolet makes it the Dealer for Life for us. We are simply proud!

Todd Landis

rogervs
4/17/2012

"This was the first time to the dealership and we had a..."

This was the first time to the dealership and we had a great experince. We worked with Brian Jeffords. Brian worked with us in all aspects of purchase of the pickup. The follow up is great to get the pickup back in for service. great dealership to work with. Thanks again.

Brian Jeffords

Petes11
3/29/2012

"I Purchased Two New vehicles in 3 months from Nate. The..."

I Purchased Two New vehicles in 3 months from Nate. The guy is a gamer, very knowledable in all aspects of every vehicle he sells. He's Totally commited to the customers satisifaction and makes every effort to insure you feel welcome and comfortable throughout the whole process. I recommend Nate to all my friends who are in the market for a vehicle. Nate takes the time after the purchase to follow up with me and is always available to assist me if i need anything. I have full trust in Nate and it's as simple as a phone call to him with what i'm interested in and he takes care of the rest. He answers all my questions and takes the time to explain everything there is to know about the vehicle. He took me on a tour of the dealership and was very patient and friendly throughout.

Nate Cracraft, Nate Cracraft