Kiefer Mazda

Royal Moore Buick GMC Mazda

klover5150
4/11/2015

"car of my dreams"

They were able to get me out of my old car even though i was upside down in the loan and the transmission was shot and put me into a car i have wanted for years. Even with my terrible credit. I didnt feel embarrassed or ashamed of my low credit score and i am in the car of my dreams! Thank you so much!

Fadi and Angel

bry&lisa
3/21/2015

"Lisa & Bryan's Bad day turned into good one"

We had been looking to buy a used car for weeks, going to private parties and dealerships and just couldn't find the right car. Made an appointment with Kristen and she went to work. We started off driving used cars, she would tell me anything she noticed that might be wrong with the car. After driving a few used cars that were over 10+yrs, Kristen found out why I had to buy an older car, couldn't finance another vehicle we already were paying a horrible finance rate and had paid way over what our vehicle was worth already. Kristen went to work, she went and asked her manager if he had any ideas of how they could get us into a newer car and get rid of that nasty payment of our other car. They but me into a 2012 car and we love it. Better yet they got us a better rate and payments. Kristen was awesome!!! She spent most of the afternoon and into the evening with me. I enjoyed my experience and felt no pressure they treated me with respect. I would and have recommend this dealership to anyone

Kristen McMichaels

JBWilson
3/18/2015

"Horrible Prices, Shady Sales Tactics, Won't Be Honest"

The first thing to know about this sleazy dealership is that they refuse to post prices on their vehicles. Why? Because they first want to get all the information they need to track you and run a credit report on you. Why? Because they want to make you feel like you’ve invested a lot of time, and even more importantly, they want to know how much you can afford so that they can adjust their “special” pricing accordingly. Have great credit or want to buy a car outright? Great, here’s our jacked-up price-tag, “special” just for you! Have poor credit, here’s our outlandish interest rates to enslave you. Want low payments? No problem, here’s an 8-year loan! To be fair, EVERY BS car dealer does the bad interest rates and low-payments forever scam if you have poor credit scores, but at least you know what their initial asking price is. Not so at Kiefer Mazda. Despite the salesman’s repeated efforts at manipulation, I refused to give my personal information and told him that we needed to find vehicles that I was interested in first. I told him my needs: used, SUV, stick-shift, not red or black, under $20k. He said it would be no problem because they had a “huge” inventory. Of the 4 vehicles he showed me, 3 were black, 3 were over $20k, and 3 were automatic. No, no, and no. The ONE vehicle he showed me that met all my requirements was a 7-year old, Kia Sportage with 95,000 miles. I immediately found comparable Sportages on my smartphone at other dealers. They were asking between $7k to $10k, but no prices listed at Kiefer Mazda. It was ugly and in mediocre shape, but I was getting impatient, so I finally told my salesman that I was ready to buy this thing outright, if the price was right. He played the standard BS line “I have to go talk to my manager” to "find out" the price. He comes back to announce my “special” pricing of $15,995. That’s right, about $8,000 MORE than other Sportages with similar miles and details. What a joke. I say, “no,” and indicate that we’re pretty much done. My salesman still had one more trick up his sleeve, so on the way back to the main building he says, “Oh wait! I have the perfect vehicle for you. Wait here, and I’ll go get it.” Fine, whatever. A minute later he pulls up a black, automatic, Nissan Xterra that he says is $22k. I tell him it’s the wrong color, wrong transmission and at the wrong price. He ignores this and does his best to show me the vehicle ("ooh, look, it has a first aid kit"). And now he's practically begging me to take a test drive (because he doesn’t want to “get in trouble” with his manager). What a load of garbage. I decline a pointless drive. It’s a no go. Salesman finally realizes I’m not stupid, but he still has to give his manager the opportunity to spin me. So the manager comes out, and you won’t believe this, he tells me that he knows the Xterra is a little out of my price range, but it won’t matter if I finance at 4.9% (which is a crap interest rate for a car, by the way), because… wait for it… “You won’t take as big of a hit if you finance it rather than buying outright.” I was blown away at this manager's stupidity and scarcely even knew how to react. Who believes this sort of anti-math? How many suckers have believed this outright lie? What a scammy, deceptive and incompetent dealership! Good bye, Kiefer Mazda of Eugene.

TJ and Manager

Nkw222
3/17/2015

"Not sure"

The lady who showed me my car and took me on a test drive was awesome. Getting my car fixed even with a warranty was not so awesome. Real main seal was leaking. My mechanic said go get it fixed right away. There mechanic said its fine and they fought me to fix it. I've been in there 3 or 4 times to there mechanic and all they ever do is look at it.

Lady from north Carolina

Jimmy
1/11/2015

"Very Poor Relations"

These guys tend to con you and tell you things to run up the price of vehicle. Paid 15k for an advertised 10k car..Wouldn't let me out of deal.Claimed it was too late ..Engine was knocking next day..replacement took a month then I took it to another dealer and they claimed the fuel rail was leaking. Also ran like crap..I reset the computer and ran much better. You think their mechanic would know this. Very unreasonable finance guy working there. All I wanted was a different vehicle or my trade in back..No Way...They said my trade in wasn't worth anything.gave me 1500..Put it on the lot for over 7k..WTH....Pleas be extra careful dealing with this dealer...Not very likeable people....

unknown

barbararob
12/07/2014

"Wish we had not bought here"

1) Customer Service: Went in at 3:30. Made to feel rushed. After purchasing vehicle sent TWO emails which were NEVER answered. 2) Buying process: Bait and switch. Car advertised had many more options than did the actual vehicle on the lot. Lame excuse given. Also advertised 0 interest but was given 2 reasons we couldn't get it. After returning home and investigating, found what we were told was not true. Finance office built extended warranty into the payment and never did give us figures how much it was. Just acted like it was "free" and included in our negotiated purchase price. Shady business practice. 3) Quality of Repairs: Not really repairs but these didn't really fall into a category. Low tire pressure light was on and tires read anywhere from 23 to 26 lbs. pressure on the instrument panel. When questioned salesman said pressure was fine, it had been checked, and did I think he would let us drive an unsafe vehicle off the lot? He advised us to call a Nissan dealer to have them walk us through manually turning the light off. Went to Les Schwab when we got home. Tires were all low, being between 9 and 12 lbs. under the recommended 35 lbs. pressure. After driving the vehicle for 10 minutes at correct pressure, the low tire pressure light went out! Inside windows of vehicle were smeared with a greasy substance as if they had been cleaned with a cleaner not meant for windows. We are still trying to get them clean. First morning after purchasing the vehicle, it would not start. Salesman had switched out batteries and cables were not tight. And no, we would not recommend this dealership. Extremely disappointed in all the above and would never give them our business again.

Justin

bob.cunningham.7737
9/19/2014

"Bob Cunningham"

I have purchased vehicles over the past 40 years. I had a great experience with Kristin McMichael. She was friendly, knowledgable and made you feel that you had someone looking out for you. The process at Kiefer Mazda was transparent, low pressure and straight forward .

kristen McMichael

winkiepoos
9/05/2014

"Very Bad Experience"

Purchased a used vehicle from this company. Really excited to get the vehicle. First I had to put up $1500.00, then had to have costs added onto the loan price to cover the payoff on the vehicle I traded in. So this vehicle I purchased cost me $5000.00 more than the price on the window even after I gave $1500.00 down. As it went we drove the vehicle home and the same day the engine knocked really bad. They said to bring it back and they would look at it. I drove it back, with the engine knock, and they said YES it was really bad. They said there was nothing they could do because I never purchased the Used Vehicle Warranty. So I decided it was leave it set there or go across the street and find another vehicle to purchase. As it went some there calmed me down and said they would see if they could help. BULL...All I wanted was to get another vehicle or my trade in back. They wouldn't do either. They said it's yours and you bought it as is. After almost 3 months of BULL I got a used motor with many miles on it, I got back Apx. $900.00 of a payment I paid to help offset the engine costs and another bill from my local dealer where I took the vehicle for PROPER repairs that Kiefer Mazda mechanics didn't know how to make.I tightened quite a few bolt that they also missed I get NO reimbursement for the cost of that. They claim they are there to help and keep customers satisfied but it's really not true at least to me it's not. My suggestion is NEVER take your vehicle there for repairs if it's not a Mazda. If I could do it all over I wouldn't even go to this dealership. They act nice and all but that's what car dealers do. I learned two things from this dealer. Never buy a used car and If you do forget the vehicle warranty because FRAUD overrides any Used Car Warranty...

Jolene Taylor
8/20/2014

"Tahoe 2006"

I love my Tahoe and I truly believe if it wasn't for Kristen who went out her way to make it happen I wouldn't purchased a a truck from their lot. She jumped many hurdles to make everything right for us. What started out as a bad experience (nothing to do with Kristen) turned out ok. Thank you Kristen I will send people to you anyday .

Kristen and Jesse

alacewel
7/28/2014

"Purchase and service experience (extremely poor)"

It has taken me a month to write this, 1) to allow my emotions to dissipate to a degree and 2) to come up with a concise way to communicate my experience. The condensed version of my story is that there was a manufacturing issue with my brand new Mazda 3 (2014); this issue occurred within 2 weeks of purchasing my car. If it were not for Melissa, the service advisor, I had a case to take legal action (and would have felt forced to do so). I will not out of respect for myself and my idea of professional behavior share the disrespectful comments that were made to me (and my father) by the general manager and the sales manager but I will ask these individuals one thing: if your parent, child, or loved one were treated how you treated me, what would your reaction be and how would you feel? Perhaps you would think nothing of it and if this is the case, this is the exact opposite of any type of place I will give my future business. This is the first new car I have purchased on my own and it will suffice to say that all of my being wished I could return my car as your staff transformed it into a symbol of me condoning disrespectful behavior and absolutely horrible personal treatment. I would warn potential buyers against purchasing a car from Kiefer Mazda and if you are a parent seeking to help your child purchase a car, please think twice. My parents felt worse than I did (and I was hard to beat). I wish I could communicate my whole story here, truly I do. If this somehow is removed from this page, I would like your dealership to know that I will be sharing this post with my family and friends in the greater Eugene area. I am an avid member of my church community in Eugene and have previously taught at the University of Oregon. I am not pompous in any way about these facts but I use them to illustrate that I have many people near and dear to me in the area and I would never wish this experience upon them or anyone.

Fadi Habib (general manager); Dean Cupp (sales manager)