King O'Rourke Autogroup

Paul Conte Cadillac

Chevrolet of Huntington

2015sierradenali
1/17/2016

"No end of problems. Thieves! Threatened me and my company"

I went in to king orouke being a ford guy. I've always owned fords my father had fords. I spoke with Robert and he was very enthusiastic about gmc and everything. I was inquiring about buying 2 trucks. Over $120,000 in value. We worked also with Ron Difalipo. He is horrible and every word out of his mouth is a lie. They only had one of the two trucks in their inventory. We sat together and he attempted to locate a truck. After 3 hours the office was a mess of papers and he couldn't differentiate between vehicles. So I went home for the night and returned in the morning. When I was home I went to Cars.com, a new car locator website, and found both vehicles I needed in a matter of minutes for thousands less than he was offering. When confronted with that information he lowered the price minimally. I was able to purchase the trip that was on the lot that day vehicle that he was locating for me wasn't going to be on the lot till the next day when I arrived I noticed that the vehicle on the lot was missing one of the key features that I had informed Ron Was a key feature. He was not flexible on the price of the vehicle and refused to give me a few small extras as an incentive for me to take the truck that was out of spec. Through the process they were not easy to deal with difficult to get a hold of all around awful. For the purchase of the second truck I decided to patronize different dealership out of state when I arrived they treated me like a valued customer. They were helpful and attentive to the whole buying process they made it very easy to purchase a vehicle at an excellent price. A few weeks later attempted to contact king orouke regarding a rebate that I was eligible for on the truck that I did purchase from them I spoke with Ron and He assured me that he was going to take care of paperwork and he was sorry for mistake with the second truck and was hoping to make it up to me through this rebate. I informed him time was of the essence and the due date was in 2 weeks. I never received any calls or info from anyone there. I continued to call and go in person to the dealership to no avail. Rich DuPont was also less than helpful. He also lied to my face at least twice. I called GM corporate HQ to escalate the situation. They kept in excellent contact and were very helpful. King orouke stopped returning their calls and emails also. GM continued to call the customer experience managers with instructions to call me and they refused. I would never buy anything from king orouke again. I love gmc I love the quality of the product. They are the most comfortable trucks on the road. But king orouke is the worst. I they are liars and thieves. The salesmen actually quit working for them a few weeks after and showed up at my business looking for a job selling for me. He proceeded to tell me about all the bad deals they were giving at king orouke and how he felt bad ripping off every last patron. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM YOU ARE GETTING SCREWED New update my father was sent a threatening email demanding this review be removed or he would contact a "variety of state and federal agencies and request a complete investigation of the activities of your business." I'm writing this review as a concerned customer hoping to save the next innocent car shopper from a similar situation as myself. If you are seeing my review I'm sure you have also seen the 15 other extremely negative reviews of this dealership. Save yourself the money and aggravation shop elsewhere!

Ron Difalipo, Rich DuPont, Tom Lawlor, And others

Peachy123
1/07/2016

"Incompetent liars! "

Incompetent sales people who didn't bother to correct us on the color of the Acadia we wanted and mislead us to get the sale. Refused to fix the situation to our satisfaction. We will never go back there again! Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

John D, Marc, Dave, Tony

caddyman
4/29/2015

"AMAZING SALES EXPERIENCE"

I originally stopped at King O'Rourke just to take a quick look at the new cadillac's that had come out. Myself being a BMW guy for 10 years I was sure I was headed back to my original dealership for my next car. I then met a young salesperson named Anthony and my perspective was completely changed. Not only was he informative he was professional and honest from the start. Not that i didn't love BMW anymore but I thought it may be time for a change and I couldn't be more happy, Anthony guided me in the right direction on which car worked best for my lifestyle and then provided a pain free negotiation process. I felt he was more then fair and did it all with a smile on his face. Because of him i will now continue to do business here and look forward to my next car with Anthony.

Anthony DiGirolamo

LIED TO !!!!!
10/13/2014

"LIED TO"

Hi Sean, I have been a client of yours for almost 10 years. I have already bought 2 or 3 Escalades from you. I have to tell you this story about your dealership because I am appalled and I am a business owner as well. My salesman has always been Marc Birthright. I have found him in the past to be a very nice gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. However, in my life, I have never seen such incompetence and gross negligence, than I have seen in this situation. Back in February, I contacted Marc to tell him I wanted the new Escalade. I am obviously a real buyer, as I have already bought a few from you. I discuss the options with him, the colors, etc.... We decide on the combination that I want. He tells me the car is ordered for me and even sends me the GM order that was placed for me. He tells me I will have one of the first cars off the assembly line. Time passes...... He becomes very hard to get on the phone and tells me that Cadillac has been slow in delivering cars. My Dad, who lives in Hauppauge, even goes there regularly to ask Marc what is happening with the car. He finally tells me that when he gets the VIN number, that is my car and that is when the car will be shipped to me. Once he gets the VIN number and the car is shipped, I should have it in 10 days. Well that was about a month and a half ago. I become very wary. Every week becomes another week and I am calling almost everyday to see where my car is because I'm starting to see them all over New York City, where I live and work. Finally , I couldn't take it anymore and I asked for the manager on Friday. They tell me Dave Perricone is the manager in charge of Cadillac. But he is not in today and I leave him a message. He calls me back today. He proceeds to tell me that the car that I believe is the one ordered for me and that I have the order sheet for, was ordered for another client and sent to me with the car's real owners name whited out!!! I said what??????? What are you talking about? I have been talking to Marc about the car since February and he sent me the order sheet in June that said it was ordered 128 days ago.......... Needless to say, I am absolutely livid. I have been lied to by your salesman, who is a representative of your company, for 11 months!!! My whole car order was a charade! How can this be???? I have been anxiously awaiting my new car waiting for the call everyday that my car is here and the reality is there is no car!!!!! Are you kidding me ???? Sir, I am a business owner. I have never been dealt with like this in my life. When there is a problem of this magnitude, the owner needs to step in and rectify the situation. Unfortunately for both of us, this is one of those times. Please let me know what you are going to do to rectify this unreal situation. I am besides myself over it and am writing this in amazement because I cannot believe that something like this could actually happen to me. How could I be lied to consistently for almost a year??????? Sean King, the owner, was one of the most arrogant people I have ever spoken to and offered absolutely nothing to remedy the situation. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!

MARC BIRTHRIGHT, DAVE PERRICONE, SEAN KING

PissedOff67
8/18/2014

"Great if you want to wait a month for an appointment"

They treat serious recalls like they don't matter. They may feel differently if their families were driving the cars. Someone shouldn't have to wait weeks to repair a brand new car after dropping 50 grand. Shameful.

Manager Greg

pjr10
2/11/2014

"1st time leaser. stopped in to speak about leasing 2014..."

1st time leaser. stopped in to speak about leasing 2014 Cadillac ats with "Bill." Seemed like a decent fellow. After shopping around, realized his initial offer (which was lowered significantly by the time i walked out) was ridiculously high. He matched the 1st offer i received from another dealership and said he would not wait for a counteroffer. After hearing the other dealer chopped another $525 off, he was rude and unprofessional, hanging up on me. How can a salesman be upset a customer shops around looking for a good deal? Even if he called back with a lower offer I wouldn't deal with someone so unprofessional.

bill

doll0904
9/04/2013

"Day one I waited 4 hours just to get in my car when they..."

Day one I waited 4 hours just to get in my car when they gave me a scheduled appt time to pick it up. I've had to have the tint redone 5 times, a bezzel I told them was loose and they found to be fine fell off the next day after I picked it up. To call the staff rough around the edges personality wise would be a compliment. They are never apologetic-even when I told them the tint was bubbling at the bottom of the window (which raises a centimeter when you close the door) and they didnt fix My last visit they handed me a receipt with the mileage listed as 450 LESS then were on the car and amazingly this was the first time they washed my car after servicing it! When I asked to see video proving they didnt joyride in my Caddy the manager told me they have no video cameras and then gave me a new receipt with the higher mileage on it! I had to grab my original receipt out of his hand as he called me "crazy if i thought they added 450 miles to my car". The proof was right there on paper! For a luxury car dealership this is THE WORST experience I have ever had and I regret the day that I leased from them. If there was a way to get out of my lease I would in a heartbeat. I dread the next 2 years that are left on it.

Kathy A

cityriot77
4/02/2013

"I would not recommend. GMC sales staff is lackadaisical..."

I would not recommend. GMC sales staff is lackadaisical and completely disorganized at best. Their follow up is just awful, I had to call several times just to find out when a car was being delivered after I was told two different delivery dates. I understand that delivery dates can get changed, but the least you can do is return a phone call to customer. Then they delivered a car that had less options from what we negotiated. Car was not completely prepped when I arrived at dealer for pickup. Finally, no paperwork was ready at time of delivery resulting in a 2+ hour delivery time while they finished prepping car, looked for paperwork & get this - find the keys. I have purchased many cars in the past from many different dealers and these guys are the absolute worst. Quite frankly, I am not sure how they are still in business. Additionally, just as a side note - there was two angry customers in the service department while I was there taking delivery complaining about their service.

John McCourt

Unsatisfied customer 2013
1/09/2013

"You will highly regret doing any business or service with..."

You will highly regret doing any business or service with them. Their service dept has a nasty demeanor. They are not helpful, They are extremely incompetent.

All of the service Department

King O'Rourke Autogroup responded to this review

January 24, 2013

We apologize for any negative experience you had at King O'Rourke. Customer service is our top priority, and ours has always spoken for itself with being here in Smithtown for over 30 years. We would like to learn more about your visit and experience with our service department. Feel free to contact us at 631.982.4447, and again, we apologize for your negative experience.

Aerogm
10/21/2012

"Stay away from this dealer..had to bring car back..."

Stay away from this dealer..had to bring car back multiple times to fix problems in quality control and workmanship....owner very rude and blames his customers...run don't work when deciding to drop your car off here...

Owner shane and Kathy service writer

King O'Rourke Autogroup responded to this review

October 22, 2012

We apologize that you were unable to bring your vehicle in for Service this past Saturday when you called. Saturdays are by appointment only, and we were completely booked. We did offer for you to bring your vehicle in first thing Monday morning so we could address the problem. We work very hard for every customer and customer service is our #1 priority.