Read Reviews King O'Rourke Autogroup

1.9

1.6

2.1

based on 8 reviews

Overall
1.8

1.8 out of 5

15 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

King O'Rourke Autogroup

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of King O'Rourke Autogroup

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Great if you want to wait a month for an appointment"

PissedOff67
8/18/2014 3:38:41 PM

Manager Greg

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

They treat serious recalls like they don't matter. They may feel differently if their families were driving the cars. Someone shouldn't have to wait weeks to repair a brand new car after dropping 50 grand. Shameful.

Twitter
"1st time leaser. stopped in to speak about leasing 2014..."

pjr10
2/11/2014 12:30:26 PM

bill

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

1st time leaser. stopped in to speak about leasing 2014 Cadillac ats with "Bill." Seemed like a decent fellow. After shopping around, realized his initial offer (which was lowered significantly by the time i walked out) was ridiculously high. He matched the 1st offer i received from another dealership and said he would not wait for a counteroffer. After hearing the other dealer chopped another $525 off, he was rude and unprofessional, hanging up on me. How can a salesman be upset a customer shops around looking for a good deal? Even if he called back with a lower offer I wouldn't deal with someone so unprofessional.

Twitter
"Day one I waited 4 hours just to get in my car when they..."

doll0904
9/4/2013 2:11:00 PM

Kathy A

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

Day one I waited 4 hours just to get in my car when they gave me a scheduled appt time to pick it up. I've had to have the tint redone 5 times, a bezzel I told them was loose and they found to be fine fell off the next day after I picked it up. To call the staff rough around the edges personality wise would be a compliment. They are never apologetic-even when I told them the tint was bubbling at the bottom of the window (which raises a centimeter when you close the door) and they didnt fix My last visit they handed me a receipt with the mileage listed as 450 LESS then were on the car and amazingly this was the first time they washed my car after servicing it! When I asked to see video proving they didnt joyride in my Caddy the manager told me they have no video cameras and then gave me a new receipt with the higher mileage on it! I had to grab my original receipt out of his hand as he called me "crazy if i thought they added 450 miles to my car". The proof was right there on paper! For a luxury car dealership this is THE WORST experience I have ever had and I regret the day that I leased from them. If there was a way to get out of my lease I would in a heartbeat. I dread the next 2 years that are left on it.

Twitter
"I would not recommend. GMC sales staff is lackadaisical..."

cityriot77
4/2/2013 11:51:38 AM

John McCourt

2.5

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

I would not recommend. GMC sales staff is lackadaisical and completely disorganized at best. Their follow up is just awful, I had to call several times just to find out when a car was being delivered after I was told two different delivery dates. I understand that delivery dates can get changed, but the least you can do is return a phone call to customer. Then they delivered a car that had less options from what we negotiated. Car was not completely prepped when I arrived at dealer for pickup. Finally, no paperwork was ready at time of delivery resulting in a 2+ hour delivery time while they finished prepping car, looked for paperwork & get this - find the keys. I have purchased many cars in the past from many different dealers and these guys are the absolute worst. Quite frankly, I am not sure how they are still in business. Additionally, just as a side note - there was two angry customers in the service department while I was there taking delivery complaining about their service.

Twitter
"You will highly regret doing any business or service with..."

Unsatisfied customer 2013
1/9/2013 9:00:00 AM

All of the service Department

1.5

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

You will highly regret doing any business or service with them. Their service dept has a nasty demeanor. They are not helpful, They are extremely incompetent.

Added: 1/24/2013 1:26:38 PM

We apologize for any negative experience you had at King O'Rourke. Customer service is our top priority, and ours has always spoken for itself with being here in Smithtown for over 30 years. We would like to learn more about your visit and experience with our service department. Feel free to contact us at 631.982.4447, and again, we apologize for your negative experience.

Twitter
"Stay away from this dealer..had to bring car back..."

Aerogm
10/21/2012 3:31:39 PM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
Owner shane and Kathy service writer

1.2

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

Stay away from this dealer..had to bring car back multiple times to fix problems in quality control and workmanship....owner very rude and blames his customers...run don't work when deciding to drop your car off here...

Added: 10/22/2012 3:30:27 PM

We apologize that you were unable to bring your vehicle in for Service this past Saturday when you called. Saturdays are by appointment only, and we were completely booked. We did offer for you to bring your vehicle in first thing Monday morning so we could address the problem. We work very hard for every customer and customer service is our #1 priority.

Twitter
"over priced and extremely rude, brought in for them to..."

cjb436
9/20/2012 4:58:27 PM

peter
jerry

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

over priced and extremely rude, brought in for them to check and decided to go elsewhere price too high, then decided to tell me owed money for them looking at vehicle which was never brought up before, had to get police involved before they gave me back my keys.

Added: 10/22/2012 11:53:13 AM

We apologize that you feel this way about King O?Rourke. Our customer service has always spoken for itself with being here in Smithtown for over 30 years. We are the #1 trained GM dealer in the Northeast with the highest CSI. Like any other business, it is our policy to charge a customer when work is performed on a vehicle that is not covered under warranty. General Motors has agreed that we were entitled to our checkout time. Again, we apologize for your negative experience.

Twitter
"Great service they stand behind their products. They help..."

nychummer
9/7/2012 10:15:09 AM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Bill aloia

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

Great service they stand behind their products. They help get great apr rates even with nit the best credit. I am glad to have found them

Twitter
"likedealing with them for years goung back to 1986 peter..."

john imbriano
5/6/2012 5:00:13 PM

I Recommend This Service Center: Yes
Employee(s) Dealt With:
tracy sales peter in parts great to deal with they listen to you.

4.2

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

likedealing with them for years goung back to 1986 peter in patrs tracy in sales always trying to help with arrangement to service my two cadillacs/

Twitter
"I just returned from buying a used 2004 Chevy Trail..."

mj_duell
4/11/2012 6:01:45 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
John King

My Review Of King O'Rourke Autogroup:

I just returned from buying a used 2004 Chevy Trail Blazer for my father. Not only was the truck better than described, but it was in new condition. All of the staff was helpful and very friendly. I felt unrushed and like a valued customer. I drove 2 and a half hours from Connecticut just to see the car and I believe the deal we received was excellent. I did that after spending a large amount of time with a very good salesman named Carl. If I ever have to buy another used car or maybe even new I will definitely be looking to them again. Professional, courteous and helpful.

Reviews 11-20 >>