Kings Volkswagen

Kings Volkswagen

Call
Kings Volkswagen Info
About Kings Volkswagen

Welcome to Kings Volkswagen, your #1 Cincinnati Volkswagen area dealer. Our convenient new location in Kings Automall allows us to serve as your most convenient Cincinnati Volkswagen dealer with a wide selection of new and used VW cars, wagons, vans and SUVs.Volkswagens are widely recognized to be among the best in quality, reliability, safety and value, just as we're known with our award-winning commitment to customer satisfaction in both sales, leasing and service. We've been the area's exclusive VW Marketplace since 1986. Our commitment to only the VW brand allows us to excel in Sales, Service, & Parts. Our 100% VW Certified staff is ready to provide you with the most professional and courteous experience.

About Kings Volkswagen

Sunday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

• Hand vehicle wash with all Service Appoinments

"best Volkswagen dealership in the state"

everybody at the dealership was super friendly super knowledgeablefinancing was easy and no hassle or pressureI forgot my salesman's name but he was awesome Natalie in finance was greatgot me a really good interest rate

Natalie finance

"I went to King's after having bad luck at Kerry VW in..."

I went to King's after having bad luck at Kerry VW in Florence, KY. After four visits there failed to fix my audio system, I went to King's. Although it took a total of six visits there, for a total of 10 visits, to fix my audio system, I believe they got it right. Although it was an intermittent problem with the system, which would spontaneously stop playing Ipod music and switch to FM by itself, I repeatedly captured the malfunction on video and brought it to both dealerships each time. At Kerry, they said they couldn't replicate the problem (after 15 minutes) and sent me away. Later, the video prompted them to start throwing parts at it, which resulted in a different type of malfunction because they put the wrong radio in (a 2013 model radio in my 2011 car), and failed to code it properly. That's when I went to King's. They ID'd the fact that the wrong radio was installed, and replaced it, but this just brought me back to where I was before, back to the other malfunction. More video, more visits, more parts. Finally I insisted that I meet with a regional technical representative, who pulled parts from his own car to try in mine. No luck, but he had a plan in the event that didn't work. He ended up replacing the entire system with the 2013 model, something the dealership said could not be done (not just the 2013 radio), and coded it so that it worked in my car. It's only been a couple of days but so far so good. The problems I had at King's were: 1. They weren't overly sympathetic to the fact that 10 visits were required to fix a single issue over a two year period. When I returned one of their loaner cars with 7/8 of a tank of gas, I was charged $20. I understood I was responsible for the fuel I used, but the paperwork did not disclose that a surcharge would be added to the cost of the fuel. Although I brought this up with Greg Orlett and the other guys in service, they did nothing about it, other than to say that's what they do. 2. A courtesy car wash is a nice service, if done well and if needed. After the first of my two complimentary washes, I noticed an oily film on all exterior glass. I had to wash all the windows when I got home. After the second King's car wash, the windows were so oily and filmed over I had to wash the whole car at home the next day. I got video the night I picked it up from the dealer. It was dark, and the light scatter from the oily film was so bad that it seriously impeded visibility. The car was much cleaner when I brought it in than when I picked it up on both occasions. Next, although it was repaired in the end, Kerry VW apparently broke some clip or retainer while working on the audio system. I pointed this out to King's, and they said they couldn't repair it because they didn't break it, and that I would have to go back to Kerry to have it fixed--yet another service visit. But I left Kerry due to what I felt was a lack of effort and failure to fix the system after four visits. So I asked King's to try to work something out with Kerry. Service manager Greg Orlett called Kerry and said they flat out refused to do anything about it, and said they would not fix it even if I brought it in, because "too much" time had passed. Hard to believe. Bought a new car from Kerry VW, they break a clip, but won't repair it. VW as a company should have stepped up on this one, for the customer. Absorb the cost, whatever. I don't think I'll ever buy another VW again, as I've never encountered this much trouble with all the Toyota, Acura or Subaru dealers I've dealt with, combined! Finally, during one of the visits, I was explaining all the time this problem was costing me, and I asked if I could have my scheduled tire rotation done early (about three weeks early according to the new car buyers maintenance plan) to save me a trip to service. They obliged. But when I asked that they do the same for the oil change (again, to save me a visit since the car was already there--many times), they said no. It was December 3rd, and I was just a few days too early. Normally the tire rotation and oil change get done under the service agreement at the same time. They did the rotation but not the oil, so in the end, it didn't save me any time. It seems that they could have also gotten the oil change approved or overridden just like they did the tire rotation. Perhaps it's because for the rotation I asked Greg the Service Manager directly, and asked Wayne the Service Adviser about the oil.

Greg Orlett, Wayne

"I recently bought a 2013 GLI from Kings and after..."

I recently bought a 2013 GLI from Kings and after cleaning it the first time, I noticed the rear bumper had a "hump" in it. I feared the worst that the car would need some body work to repair it. I stopped by this morning to get it looked at. The service manager, Greg Orlett, took charge and came out and looked at the bumper. He realized the clips were not aligned properly and immediately went to work fixing it himself. I definitely appreciated his hands on management approach. It made my day when I left with it aligned properly and no body work was needed. This is one of the reasons I have bought countless VW's from King's. Great work!

Greg Orlett

June 10, 2013

Thanks for your continued business as it's much appreciated and we're glad Greg got you squared away!

"Met salesman at noon n a Tuesday. We were looking for a..."

Met salesman at noon n a Tuesday. We were looking for a car for my daughters 16th birthday. Started to work a deal through email and phone calls because I had to get back to work. Woke up Wed morning with a few additional questions and by noon the car was sold out from underneath us. No warning, no call, no offer to put a deposit on the vehicle.....nothing. Never again!

Stuart Parker

June 10, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience but all of our vehicles are sold on a first come, first serve basis and we do not hold vehicles.Our management team would like the opportunity to speak with you in hopes of resolving any outstanding issue.

"UPDATE, 6/6: Scott Stockwell, the dealership manager,..."

UPDATE, 6/6: Scott Stockwell, the dealership manager, took the time to reach out to me through this service. He took the time to listen to and understand the problem I had. While he was unable to do anything with regard to the battery, he is attempting to make it right by offering 2 free oil changes at the dealership. In my opinion, this shows great character and a measure of pride in how his dealership is perceived. I still cannot speak to the level of service just yet, but I can pretty confidently change my Customer Service rating from 'Bad' to 'Good'. It's nice when someone genuinely takes the interest and follows through with fixing a problem. Even if the results are not exactly what you might expect, there is a lot to be said about the effort being put forth ___ In the interest of being completely fair and transparent, I did not buy my vehicle from this dealership. I simply went to them because I've recently moved and figured they would handle any warranty work I might need to have done. The saga starts with my battery being discharged in the lot at work about a month ago. Flash forward 3 jump starts and a mechanic's diagnostic later, I call the Kings VW dealership to see if they would handle doing the work to change the battery. After all, my car has 26K miles on it; it's a fair assumption this should be covered under warranty. I explain to the girl what happened and she says at two different times...one of them being after checking with her manager..that this work 'should' be covered. When I get there, they begin getting me checked in and and proceed to tell me it's going to be $322.64 because the battery is only covered up to 24K miles. They give me the number to VW Customer Care and I call, explaining my case. They say they are going to look into it and get back to me. A day later, both they and the dealer called me. I called the service dept manager (Gary) first and that's when he proceeds to tell me they've checked everything and found "the dome light switch was on and that's probably what did it because everything else checks out fine." He says (paraphrasing) that it wouldn't be covered under warranty because it's basically my fault, so a 'goodwill gesture' is not in order for VW. There are three problems with this. 1. If you are familiar with a Golf, both dome lights are pretty fairly bright. In fact, I'd posit that it's near impossible for one to drive as it's getting dark with the dome light on and not notice it. 2. This was the back dome light. It takes a little bit of effort to actually flip that switch. You'd have to be sitting in the back seat to do so. And I have no passengers, neither during the day nor the evening when it would make sense to have to turn it on. 3. I've had the car jumped three times. And out of those three times, one of the guys came from an auto repair shop. He offered to test the battery and do a diagnostic for free. I took him up on that before I went to the King's (and frankly would have kept my car there had the girl I spoke with in the service department not said the battery "should" be covered under warranty). At some point, between those three different people and the guy who initially checked, you would think at least one of them would have been able to tell me that the dome light was on. It is not my intent to say that Gary was lying. I'm sure he simply reported back to me what he saw and drew a conclusion from that. This is fine. But I'm confident that this was not the cause of the problem. Adding insult to injury, Gary told me it would cost $323.64 to have the battery replaced. I am not a mechanic by any means, but I am also not completely unknowledgable about cars. I have changed a battery in a car before. I have also had a battery changed out through service on a previous vehicle and the cost was nowhere near that amount. Further, when I expressed I did not feel this was right and was going to take the vehicle elsewhere to have this service completed, Gary proceeded to say the following exact words: "Oh wow...." When I questioned why he said that, he stated he didn't think it was right I do this, that his service department took the time to do the diagnostic, that they were the ones who found the problem, and he felt they should be allowed to do the work. While I am sure he meant nothing by it, it came off in a very unprofessional way. If he was disappointed, he shouldn't have said anything at all. As a professional, as a person, it's shameful to expect someone to pay such an exorbitant amount for such a trivial service. Again, my car is still under warranty with 26K miles on it. Diagnostics like this should easily be covered and expected. As it were, I took it back to the place that did the initial check....the place that did not have a problem checking my car for free...and they completed the exact same work King's would have done for a grand total of $146.00. In the end, I lost almost 3 days without my car. I had to pay for a rental car. And I paid for something I can almost guarantee was a simple battery failure. I could have avoided this if the girl at King's wouldn't have told me the work 'should' be covered under warranty. I have my car back and it is running fine. But I am left with a bad taste in my mouth, and I most certainly would not recommend having my car serviced at King's.

Gary/Scott

June 10, 2013

Thanks for the update and we look forward to working with you in the future.

"This Routan has been a lemon since we purchased - would..."

This Routan has been a lemon since we purchased - would not recommend the car or this dealership . . . avoid at all cost . . . going to Honda as soon as possible . . .

Scott

May 09, 2013

Kings VW participates in the DealerRater Certified Dealer Program. We are committed to providing high quality customer service, but based on your DealerRater review, you did not share that experience. That is very disappointing to us. We have tried to contact you and have provided options to assist you with your Routan that is out of VW factory warranty.

"I have never had any experience with a good Sales..."

I have never had any experience with a good Sales Representative like Chris Davis. As soon as I saw him I already know that this is the guy who can sell me a vehicle. First he is so friendly and jolly. Second, he always smile and makes everybody laugh, even One of his co-worker mentioned that they called him crazy-Chris (in a good way).And last not but the least, he will make you feel like you are family. When you are talking to him, it feels like he is not selling a vehicle.. I am looking forward for the day when I will be getting my next vehicle on that place in the future. I will surely look for him again.. Two thumbs!!! I would definitely recommend this dealer to most of my friends because of him.. More power to you guys.. Keep Up The Good Work!!!?!?!.. ;)

Chris Davis

"Excellent buying experience from start to finish. Went..."

Excellent buying experience from start to finish. Went in after test driving over 15 different cars and feeling frustrated that I couldn't find what I was looking for in any car. Came to the lot to look at an EOS, but after hearing what I was looking for in a car, Fun, Quirky, Good mileage, Quick, responsive, yet... all the luxury items, leather, sunroof, nav, sound system... Chris quickly pointed me to a GTI. While they didn't have exactly what I was looking for on the lot, my test drive sold me on this car, and they located my perfect car and had it to the lot in a few days. No haggling on price, or my trade.. made this the easiest transaction I have ever had. Andrea stepped me through the paperwork quickly, and I was out the door enjoying my new ride!

Chris, Andrea

"I highly recommend Kings VW of Loveland. I was having an..."

I highly recommend Kings VW of Loveland. I was having an issue with my car battery and after calling the service department was told to bring my car in at my convenience. New batteries had to be ordered so I left my car and they offered a shuttle service to drive me home. The driver was very professional and polite. As soon as my batteries arrived they were installed and I received a call from Scott letting me know that my car was ready. When I arrived to pick my vehicle up it was very clean and the service was done correctly. Scott even parked my car in a shaded area and started it up for me so it would be cool when I got in to drive it away. Thanks Scott. I tell all of my friends to choose VW and definitely VW of Loveland.

Scott Stockwell

"It was a good visit, got the mud guards and body side..."

It was a good visit, got the mud guards and body side mouldings installed per the sale agreement previously with Jason Sink. The car was not washed as promised after the service was completed, however later Kathryn advised me the wash could not be done until the adhesive for the side mouldings had cured for a 3 day period.

kathryn gravitt