Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

2050 Chain Bridge Road,
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Info
About Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram specializes in the sales and service of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles along with full-line certified pre-owned. Koons is proud to serve customers in Vienna VA, Tysons Corner VA, Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Fairfax VA, Manassas VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA and all around the Washington DC area. Jim Koons Automotive is a family-owned and operated automotive group since 1964. With 31 franchises in 22 locations in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland, Virginia and Delaware, Koons is on the Top 15 list of largest automotive groups in the U.S., and one of the largest online dealers in the nation. Koons was named one of Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Krystal Koons is the official spokesperson for Jim Koons Automotive Companies.

About Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

cullumbr
9/12/2016

"Worked with Carlton Calloway"

I should preface this review with the statement that I did not purchase a car from Koons Tyson's this time. My leased Jeep Grand Cherokee was originated through their sales team, though. Unfortunately, we could not get to a price that I was comfortable with on a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Nonetheless, my experience with Carlton Calloway was excellent. Carlton was accessible by phone, email, and text - and always responded very quickly. When I walked in, I asked for someone with knowledge of the SRT, and Carlton really knew his details. I'd be happy to work with Carlton again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

Carlton Calloway

September 21, 2016

Thanks for the review!

MEF
9/10/2016

"Very proficient, and eager to help!"

I only dealt with the administration side of the house, accounts receivable to be specific, as I tried to cancel an extended service plan which was unethically sold to me at a different dealer. After being helped by one of the finance mangers in filling out the required form, I communicated via email with Ms. Ayoub who is responsible for said cancellations. She described the process from A to Z, assured me to keep me in the loop, and followed through. If everyone at this dealer is as proficient as she is I'd definitely recommend anyone to bring their business there.

Gabriela Ayoub

September 15, 2016

Thanks so much for the review!

John Loyer
9/06/2016

"Purchase of Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock"

Haggling issues aside, a good experience. Had some issues between a manager who took orders from sales gm and gm too literally. But Don and Phil were great to work with...

September 15, 2016

Thanks so much for the review!

stan
9/06/2016

"WORST EXPERIENCE AS A BUYER"

I got to the dealership around 19:43 on a Labor's day. i wanted to buy a car for my sister and already had stock number that we were looking. we call dealership and answering service told us they were working till 21:00. So, we got there hoping to buy a car and met with sales guy closing sales deal. I went inside and spoke with Tom Ames who was acting sales manager and explained to him why we were there. Mr. Ames didn't seem to be interested in selling anything to us , in fact he yelled around hall to see if there was anybody interested to help. Everybody was standing around chating while we stood inside and outside dealership for one hour. We left around 20:50 and was very disappointed with the way they treated us. I thought a manager should step in to the game and start to help us while sales guy is getting done instead of sitting and ignoring us.

Kerri Tyler
9/01/2016

"Simply the best"

The staff there was extremely professional, low pressure, and fun! James Morris, and his team is definitely top notch. If you are considering a new or used car, don't hesitate to look here first than last.

September 04, 2016

Thanks for the review!

Teresa
8/29/2016

"Service from Chuck Freeman has been dismal - and dangerous"

I puchased my Certified Pre-Owned 2011 Dodge Ram from Koons Tysons Corner a little over a year ago, and have brought it back for service a few times. DO NOT use Chuck Freeman. The first time, I took it in for maintenance and annual inspection. Maintentance was fine, but he didn't inspect it, and then *didn't tell me* that he had failed to inspect it. When I noticed and asked, Chuck told me the inspector was out, and to bring the truck back the following day, which I did. The inspector was still out, and I got a ticket for an expired inspection on the way home. Thanks. Last week, I took the Ram in for a routine tire patch for a slow leak in the front passenger tire. Again, Chuck Freeman was the mechanic who worked on it. Picked up the truck the next day, drove to an appointment in Middleburg. As soon as I got on Route 66, I noticed that the alignment was WAY off -- the whole car was shaking. The alignment had been 100% fine when I dropped the truck off. I called Koons after becoming increasingly alarmed as the shaking got steadily worse, and it felt like the tire itself was swaying back and forth. I spoke with Julio Mendez, who told me that the tire probably needed air. (Really?!) Kept driving to my appointment, which I couldn't miss, the shaking got WAY worse, and the car started making a loud banging noise every time the tire rotated. It felt like the tire was going to literally FALL off the truck, and the banging was deafening, so I pulled over at my brother's house in Aldie, as the truck was no longer safe to drive. Called the dealership, who said that they'd never heard of anything like this, which is absurd. A quick Google search returns many results, with similar instances resulting in the tire falling off and placing lives in danger. I'm incredibly lucky the tire didn't come off on Route 66 -- it could have resulted in extensive damage to the truck and the axle, and placed my life in danger. Greg Welch has the truck now, it was towed back to the dealership last week. Still waiting for an update, as of 29 August 2016.

Chuck Freeman, Julio Hernandez Mendez

David Odenheimer
8/26/2016

"Craig Benner made buying my jeep very easy"

Emailed Craig Benner in the morning, came it at 430 and was out the door with my new jeep by 7. Their prices cant be beat and they make buying a car as easy as possible.

Craig Benner

Highway Star
8/23/2016

"Annual car inspection"

I have had great experiences at Koons Chrysler in their service department. My car runs great all the time. I will continue to use the service department.

tressa_manns
8/22/2016

"The Sales and Finance Experience-WOW!!"

I must say I normally only write a review when I have a bad experience but because of the overall OUTSTANDING experience at Koons in Tysons, I had to acknowledge and give credit to the wonderful team at Koons Tyson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram . It all started a week ago when I was looking for a car for my daughter who is a college student. My 4 things that I was looking for in a car that is was under 90k miles, less than 5 years and under $9000 due to my budget as a single parent and of course payments under $200 since this was my daughter’s first car. These days it is hard to find a car that meet all 4 requirements for the price especially. I had previously been to 3 other well-known dealerships in the area and for whatever reason, we had bad experience at all 3, whether it was the customer service, trying to use the bait and switch tactics or just not in my price range. I was at the point I was ready to give up and go to MD to look for a car. But I decided to try Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram because they has a 2012 Dodge Avenger for $8688 (originally priced AT $11,488), 70K miles. Wow it matched my requirements! I waited a couple of days and told Jason I would come back once I discuss with my daughter. He said ok and called me twice to follow up and not every single day like most car salesman do hounding you to buy a car. After the 3rd day of still trying to contemplate if I was going to get the car, I went back on the website and now the car had been reduced by another $300 and was listed for now $8388! I figure this must be a sign to go get the car. My daughter and I went this past Saturday to go look at the car. Jason was busy helping other customers so to minimize the wait time, he let his coworker Shane assist us. Shane let us test drive the car and my daughter immediately fell in love with the car. There was some minor areas that need touch up paint and a wheel alignment, but Shane assured us to come back and make an appointment with the service dept. and they will take care of it. Because of the long wait (which is typical in any dealership), Shane even offered to get us something to eat. Between him and Jason keeping us humored while we wait they ensured us this was a great deal we were getting. I would definitely recommend Shane and Jason as one of two salesman that I have dealt with that don't come off pushy but make the customer feel comfortable in the buying experience. Kudos to Shane Lee and Jason Gingras! Now my previous review talked about my SALES experience so I would like to share the FINANCE experience. After we had confirmed with Shane the down payment and length of term, we had to wait for someone from finance to go over the paperwork which took over an hour waiting on someone. Andy Phung graciously agreed to stay over past closing and assist my daughter and me with terms and conditions. Because this was my daughter’s first major purchase we were declined by the banks but Koons in house finance approved us with 17% for 60 months. Interest rate a little high but what do you expect when you have little to no credit. Andy was very thorough and explained each paperwork that my daughter had to sign. He even went out his way after noticing that we wasn’t given a car fax report to print one out for us to review and acknowledge which I was impressed by. Original monthly payment was $188 but after Andy added the 5 year warranty, it jumped to $238. Now my initial thought was I don’t want the warranty since this is over our budget. I was willing to decline and look for warranty elsewhere just to keep the payment I wanted. Andy could sense the hesitation from us and must have saw the look on my face that I was not planning on going over $200. He explain to us the benefits of getting the warranty as an additional layer of protection that will benefit us in the long run. He was even willing to reduce it a little just to get the price down to $231 for us. After about 10 minutes of contemplating, we went ahead and agreed to take it with the mindset of having to pay $231. The WOW internet price of the car was $8388 and was originally listed on the lot as $11,488. Signed the paperwork and left with my daughter driving in style. Jason was still there after closing to make sure we were happy with everything. WELL NEXT DAY, we received a text from Andy stating he had great news for us. Tre Hillerich (Sales Manager) said there was a bank (JPMC) that came back and approved us for a lower rate!!! We went from 17% to 11% and the new payment was $193 which included the Warranty and GAP coverage! Tre or Andy didn’t have to call us and tell us anything but they knew based on my conversation the night before and what I was looking for as a payment. Oh what a blessing! It is things like this that make you want to write a review to let others know there are good reputable dealerships out there who look out for the best interest of the customer. I’ve had several cars and by far this has been the best experience I’ve had with any dealership. In fact, I am planning to trade my own car with them and after discussing my options and looking at my current payoff with Tre he has already assured me that when I am ready to trade in they can beat what I am currently paying. I recommend Koons Tyson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Vienna, VA. Kudos to Andy Phung and Tre Hillerich! Tressa Manns

Shane Lee, Andy Phung

A Wells
8/09/2016

"Arrogant Salesman"

I was very disappointed with this dealership. I went their to by my first car and left with an awful offer on the table. The salesman and management were unable to negotiate the price AT ALL, and simply told me that no other dealership would be able to make a deal. What a LIE! I went the next day to Ourisman Jeep in Alexandria, and bought myself a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara for the price they were trying to get me to buy a Sport S for! Arrogant is an UNDERSTATEMENT. Do NOT go here unless you want to pay $3k-$4k more than you should.

Reviews of Tom Ames