Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

2050 Chain Bridge Road,
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Info
About Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram specializes in the sales and service of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles along with full-line certified pre-owned. Koons is proud to serve customers in Vienna VA, Tysons Corner VA, Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Fairfax VA, Manassas VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA and all around the Washington DC area. Jim Koons Automotive is a family-owned and operated automotive group since 1964. With 31 franchises in 22 locations in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland, Virginia and Delaware, Koons is on the Top 15 list of largest automotive groups in the U.S., and one of the largest online dealers in the nation. Koons was named one of Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Krystal Koons is the official spokesperson for Jim Koons Automotive Companies.

About Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Highway Star
8/23/2016

"Annual car inspection"

I have had great experiences at Koons Chrysler in their service department. My car runs great all the time. I will continue to use the service department.

tressa_manns
8/22/2016

"The Sales and Finance Experience-WOW!!"

I must say I normally only write a review when I have a bad experience but because of the overall OUTSTANDING experience at Koons in Tysons, I had to acknowledge and give credit to the wonderful team at Koons Tyson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram . It all started a week ago when I was looking for a car for my daughter who is a college student. My 4 things that I was looking for in a car that is was under 90k miles, less than 5 years and under $9000 due to my budget as a single parent and of course payments under $200 since this was my daughter’s first car. These days it is hard to find a car that meet all 4 requirements for the price especially. I had previously been to 3 other well-known dealerships in the area and for whatever reason, we had bad experience at all 3, whether it was the customer service, trying to use the bait and switch tactics or just not in my price range. I was at the point I was ready to give up and go to MD to look for a car. But I decided to try Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram because they has a 2012 Dodge Avenger for $8688 (originally priced AT $11,488), 70K miles. Wow it matched my requirements! I waited a couple of days and told Jason I would come back once I discuss with my daughter. He said ok and called me twice to follow up and not every single day like most car salesman do hounding you to buy a car. After the 3rd day of still trying to contemplate if I was going to get the car, I went back on the website and now the car had been reduced by another $300 and was listed for now $8388! I figure this must be a sign to go get the car. My daughter and I went this past Saturday to go look at the car. Jason was busy helping other customers so to minimize the wait time, he let his coworker Shane assist us. Shane let us test drive the car and my daughter immediately fell in love with the car. There was some minor areas that need touch up paint and a wheel alignment, but Shane assured us to come back and make an appointment with the service dept. and they will take care of it. Because of the long wait (which is typical in any dealership), Shane even offered to get us something to eat. Between him and Jason keeping us humored while we wait they ensured us this was a great deal we were getting. I would definitely recommend Shane and Jason as one of two salesman that I have dealt with that don't come off pushy but make the customer feel comfortable in the buying experience. Kudos to Shane Lee and Jason Gingras! Now my previous review talked about my SALES experience so I would like to share the FINANCE experience. After we had confirmed with Shane the down payment and length of term, we had to wait for someone from finance to go over the paperwork which took over an hour waiting on someone. Andy Phung graciously agreed to stay over past closing and assist my daughter and me with terms and conditions. Because this was my daughter’s first major purchase we were declined by the banks but Koons in house finance approved us with 17% for 60 months. Interest rate a little high but what do you expect when you have little to no credit. Andy was very thorough and explained each paperwork that my daughter had to sign. He even went out his way after noticing that we wasn’t given a car fax report to print one out for us to review and acknowledge which I was impressed by. Original monthly payment was $188 but after Andy added the 5 year warranty, it jumped to $238. Now my initial thought was I don’t want the warranty since this is over our budget. I was willing to decline and look for warranty elsewhere just to keep the payment I wanted. Andy could sense the hesitation from us and must have saw the look on my face that I was not planning on going over $200. He explain to us the benefits of getting the warranty as an additional layer of protection that will benefit us in the long run. He was even willing to reduce it a little just to get the price down to $231 for us. After about 10 minutes of contemplating, we went ahead and agreed to take it with the mindset of having to pay $231. The WOW internet price of the car was $8388 and was originally listed on the lot as $11,488. Signed the paperwork and left with my daughter driving in style. Jason was still there after closing to make sure we were happy with everything. WELL NEXT DAY, we received a text from Andy stating he had great news for us. Tre Hillerich (Sales Manager) said there was a bank (JPMC) that came back and approved us for a lower rate!!! We went from 17% to 11% and the new payment was $193 which included the Warranty and GAP coverage! Tre or Andy didn’t have to call us and tell us anything but they knew based on my conversation the night before and what I was looking for as a payment. Oh what a blessing! It is things like this that make you want to write a review to let others know there are good reputable dealerships out there who look out for the best interest of the customer. I’ve had several cars and by far this has been the best experience I’ve had with any dealership. In fact, I am planning to trade my own car with them and after discussing my options and looking at my current payoff with Tre he has already assured me that when I am ready to trade in they can beat what I am currently paying. I recommend Koons Tyson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Vienna, VA. Kudos to Andy Phung and Tre Hillerich! Tressa Manns

Shane Lee, Andy Phung

A Wells
8/09/2016

"Arrogant Salesman"

I was very disappointed with this dealership. I went their to by my first car and left with an awful offer on the table. The salesman and management were unable to negotiate the price AT ALL, and simply told me that no other dealership would be able to make a deal. What a LIE! I went the next day to Ourisman Jeep in Alexandria, and bought myself a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara for the price they were trying to get me to buy a Sport S for! Arrogant is an UNDERSTATEMENT. Do NOT go here unless you want to pay $3k-$4k more than you should.

LMellner
7/24/2016

"A TECHNICALITY WON OUT OVER THE SAFETY OF OUR SON. "

Their "7 Day Exchange" policy on used vehicles is not as they say. We bought a two door lifted 2015 Rubicon on Sunday 7/17 an hour before closing. We were told we had 7 days to make sure this was the right vehicle for our 16 son. After several days we decided this "lifted Rubicon with 35 inch tires" was not the safest vehicle for our son. We called on Saturday July 23 which in our eyes was the 6th day considering we bought it an hour before closing the prior Sunday and assumed the first exchange day was Monday the 18th (not the one hour on the evening of the 17th when we bought it). In the name of safety for our son we decided we wanted to exchange the two door lifted Rubicon for a four door non lifted Sahara with OEM tires which we were willing to spend about $2000 more for a safer vehicle for a new driver. We were shocked to find out the day we settled (which was after closing hours) was considered the first day. Our salesman Billy Weimar was great and we don't blame him. It was the used car manager that Billy spoke to when we called on Saturday the 23rd that decided in his eyes we missed our exchange period by one day (even though his first day was when we signed the papers after business hours). To summise, in our eyes, Koons Automotive Group did not honor their "7 Day Exchange Policy" and will no longer be a viable option for our future vehicles. It's obvious to us that the safety of a 16 year old new driver is not as important as the technicality of one day. Once you lose our trust you lose our business. That also includes the servicing of our Mercedes GL550 and Mercedes E63 AMG at the Catonsville MD Koons dealership. I hope that their "one hour" decision was worth the loss of future business as well as referrals to our family and friends. To bad because we loved Koons Catonsville in Maryland.

Billy Weimar

August 01, 2016

Lee, Sorry about your negative experience with Koons. I understand that James Morris, General Manager, helped you out and was able to get you into a different vehicle. If there is anything else you need please let us know.

Samantha_Bracken6
7/22/2016

"My new Jeep"

Arrived slightly before the dealership opened last Sunday knowing what I wanted. Shane was helping me and he was great! Best part is I had all Sunday to drive my new car. The process took under 2 hours and I walked away very happy. Keep it up Shane!

Shane Sooner

July 27, 2016

Thanks for the review Samantha!

syd1
7/18/2016

"Great Experience"

First time car buyer in the US. I really didn't have high expectations having heard of numerous unhappy stories with other dealers. My wife and I arrived at the dealership close to closing time but our consultant was able to help us through making an unhurried choice and ensuring we closed the deal. He was extremely helpful and went the extra mile.

Patrick, Blackburn

July 18, 2016

Thank you for the review!

egermain
7/15/2016

"Best Buying Experience"

My husband and I went to purchase a car on Sunday and had the best time. In the past, I've had many challenges at dealerships, from the long wait times to the sales people not understanding your desires. But this experience was different. We were well taken care of and shown the best customer service I have had in a long time! Our salesman Patrick Blackburn did an amazing job of showing us all options, online, in person, and even with test driving. He was relentless in the pursuit of finding us the right car/truck for our budget that met up to our needs and my husbands' desires. After seeing a handful of vehicles in the steamy 90+ degree weather we finally purchased a Jeep Patriot. The truck was ideal for us and it fit into our budget. The processing of the deal went so smoothly thanks to Tre Hillerich and James Sicuro in the financing department. We had a blast running the numbers and they even got our interest rate to drop 10%. We were shocked! The hospitality, professionalism, and commitment to providing unparalleled service is out of this world. We highly recommend visiting, browsing, and purchasing from this dealership. The energy is pleasant and most importantly inviting. You will not regret it! -E. Germain

Patrick Blackburn, James Sicuro

July 18, 2016

Thank you for the review! We look forward to seeing you again!

BandanaMac
6/29/2016

"Told one thing, showed another"

I am not your typical car fanatic, for the most part I’m not really into cars at all. My father, his father before him, and my brother are super gearheads but I’m in the tech field. However, when I was a kid my uncle had a ’67 Challenger and to me that was the greatest thing I’d ever seen on wheels. From the moment Dodge reintroduced the new Challenger I knew I wanted one one day. I make decent money, but as a young single dad I didn’t make the best decisions credit wise years ago. Over a year ago I financed a car with a sub-prime loan in order to establish good credit in hopes of one day purchasing the car I want. I went to a Dodge dealership in January to finally test drive and possibly buy a Challenger but at the time my credit wasn’t where it needed to be and though I was due for a jump in pay from my job, it hadn’t come through yet. Although I was a little discouraged I kind of knew that going in but wanted to gauge where I was and map out what needed to be done. This was at Musselman’s Dodge in Baltimore, I have no issues with them they’re very upfront and a great dealership to work with. Fast forward to this month, I visit another Dodge dealership after a bump in pay and some work on my credit. I was approved for a Dodge Challenger SXT at a great price and they gave me a great deal on my trade as well. While I was super excited, my optimal car is the SXT Plus. They didn’t have any on that lot so while negotiating I came across one at the Koons Dodge dealership in Vienna, VA for the exact same price as the one at the dealership I was working with. I put that deal on hold for a couple days so I could research Koons a bit. I went to the Koons website to chat online with a salesman. I told the salesman from the beginning that I had another offer but their car was the same price, I asked would it be possible to move the approval over to Koons in hope of getting the car I want. I also explained to him that I was still working on my credit so I was leery of having my name shopped to a bunch of banks, he told me that as long as I got a car within 30 days that multiple checks on my credit wouldn’t affect my score. Finally, I explained to him that their dealership was over an hour from where I lived, I did not want to make the drive unless we were absolutely sure I was approved for financing. Again, I’m a single dad, I’d most likely be headed there from work and I’d have to make arrangements for that evening drive so that my son would be taken care of. The salesman had me fill out their credit app online and provide all information. He then both called and text my phone and told me that I was approved! This was great news I was finally getting the car of my dreams and getting from under a car that I did not want. The next day, the salesman called me to confirm I was coming in. I again asked him was I approved and was told I was, all I needed to do was bring in my trade. I told him again how far I was traveling, how excited I was, that I did not have any room for a lot of gimmicks, and what I was offering to put down (which was also on the credit app). The salesman told me I was good to go and to come down that day. What is usually a little over an hour drive was over a 90 minute drive as I drove through the first big thunderstorm of the summer in our area, now this isn’t a storm designed to enhance my story this was an actual storm where parts of the highway were flooded and cars were on the shoulder. I normally wouldn’t have made the trip in this weather but I wanted to get my Challenger as soon as possible. I arrived at the dealership and the car was pulled up for me. I took it for a test drive and it was everything I imagined it to be and I was ready to close the deal. We pull up to the dealership and I turn to the salesman and say “So I’m approved and all set to go, right?” and he replied “Yeah well, we got your approved on the price of the car we just have to run the numbers through the bank and take a look at your trade”. At that point I sensed a bit of dread and anger but I decided to remain positive. Surely he wouldn’t have me drive 90 minutes in a storm just to bait and switch me. While we were back in the dealership, they had other potential buyers looking through the car I was in the process of buying. This really bothered me but what could I say? I didn’t have the keys yet. I owe about $11,600 on my car at the time of sending this letter. Again, it was a subprime loan with 19% APR designed to get some positive credit going. The car itself is a Honda Accord and while it’s not in phenomenal shape, the previous dealership I worked with offered to pay off the loan without me carrying any negative equity over. Koons offered me $1500 for my trade-in. Carrying over $10,000 to the new loan putting the final price of the car at around $38K. I drove 90 minutes for this car in a storm, I want this car. As I stated previously, I’m not a car fanatic and this being my dream car, I’d probably have it until the wheels literally fell off and I had to upgrade. I worked out the scenario in my head, the monthly payment was projected to be high but I could afford it. I could refinance in a year and even begin to pay off the car in lump sums. So I asked to proceed on the deal. The salesman then told me “great, I’m going to get this over to the finance manager and we’ll run your credit through the banks and see what we can do.” At this point I’m angry, I didn’t project my anger but from the internet, to the phone, to the test drive I’ve been told that my credit was approved and the financing was a done deal. I explained not wanting to be run through a bunch of banks. I’ve been reassured at every turn that I was good to go I just needed to arrive and yet here we are in the 4th quarter after I’ve talked myself into purchasing this car that now you’re running my information through the banks? Ok, I tell myself, I’ve gotten this far and I’m sure they wouldn’t lie about me being approved. Maybe this is a formality and I’ll be all set after we confirm my information. An hour of waiting later, the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. The finance manager tells me that “with my negative equity along with my credit” that I would need a cosigner or more than half down on the car. Other than that they’d have to sell me a car $20K less. I tell him none of that is possible and he sends me on my way. Why, why, WHY would you have someone lay out all their information to you beforehand. Tell you how long the drive is, provide all of their credit information only to have them come down and you lie to them? A car that was $20K less? But you originally tell me that I’m approved for a car that was priced at $25K? Let’s do the math with this. The final price of the car with taxes and titling would’ve been $38K. 11K of which was my trade-in after appraisal. So you wanted to put me in a car valued at 18K, but really 7K because 11 would be negative equity from my trade? So the truth of the matter is I was never approved for the car at 25K like I was originally told and why I took the drive in the first place. I was lied to and sucked into a salesman game. And at the end of the day, I could do nothing but stew as my I made the 90 minute drive home as the storm made it’s way north and I drove through the flashes of it’s remnants. I am about 98% sure that this letter means nothing to the people who make these cars, nor to the people that sell them. I told my brother yesterday on the way home that dealerships do things like this all the time. I just wanted to place in my words how frustrating this makes the consumer feel. I don’t understand the point in playing games with a customer. If I apply and give you all the necessary information, tell me from there hey you’re not approved or there’s nothing we can do (Musselman’s did this perfectly!). Don’t think for a second that I’d get wide-eyed after 10 hours at work, a 90 minute drive, and minimal sleep and start begging nonexistent people to cosign. And if I had 20K to put down I’d be negotiating to buy the car outright! In closing, if you’re reading this, I’m just sharing my frustration. I’m no longer enamored with the idea of owning a Challenger. The games played by your dealers have left the worst taste in my mouth. I’d rather drive my car with my terrible loan than deal with someone who’s whole idea is deception.

Doug

Kiki
6/27/2016

"BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS!!"

My experience with KOONS TYSON'S CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM and my salesman SHANE LEE absolutely exceeded my expectations! Shane was not only professional and knowledgeable but went the extra mile by spending over a month to make sure to get me the best deal possible for my used vehicle while being sensitive to my financial situation. CHAS handled my financial paperwork and he too spent many diligent hours making this purchase happen for me. I am forever grateful to both Shane and Chas for their time and personal attention. If you anticipate purchasing a new or used vehicle, do yourself a favor and stop by Koon’s Tyson's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and ask for Shane Lee. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised and as happy as I was leaving with your new purchase!!

SHANE LEE / SALES, CHAS / FINANCE

June 28, 2016

Thanks for the review, Kiki!

ted sapperstein
6/21/2016

"excellent"

My Chevy Blazer blew up and I needed an SUV immediately. I live in Baltimore and talked to every single Jeep dealership from north Maryland to Rockville. Most were the fast talking horror stories you hear about. There were a few that were fairly straight, but they were in the gross minority. Enter Bill Lacey at Koons. In one 15 minute phone call Bill had me where I wanted to go. I did stretch higher than I initially wanted to pay, but I did so with full knowledge of the products and in the end I feel I got tremendous value and the exact vehicle that I wanted. Bill is as good as it gets. Former military--as straight and transparent as anyone I've ever worked with--he really gives you respect and wants his clients get the right thing for them.

June 22, 2016

Thank you for the review Ted!

Reviews of Greg Welch