Larson Toyota of Tacoma

Heartland Toyota Scion

CorollaTacoma
8/12/2015

"zero customer service"

After I had a horrible experience at Larson Toyota of Tacoma , they sent me a letter stating If I didnt have an outstanding experience I should let them have the chance to "make things right" I wrote them an e-mail in response posted below Hello, On Sunday, July 19th 2015, I came into Larson Toyota the day after my Birthday to find the ultimate gift to myself! I purchased a 2008 Chevy Malibu, the salesman, Bruce Orr assured me the car was already checked out by the shop after I had expressed interest in wanting it checked out before I baught it, I went on with the purchase trusting Bruce! I drove the car home that night and noticed a popping sound when i was turning, The next morning I took it to my mechanic to check if that sound was something to worry about, Turns out that popping sound was the result of bad CV Joints /Axle, I called in sick to work and took the car back to Larson Toyota, I had the sales manager take it for a spin and confirmed that it was indeed the CV Joints. The odd thing to me was at that point there were no offer from the manager or salesman to fix the problem on the car, They just went into the whole 72 hour poilcy, I ended up asking Bruce before i made the decision to use my 72 hour exchange policy, he said he was unsure if they would do that because it might take a long time since larson doesnt own a Chevy location, none the less i felt uneasy about purchasing a car that already has problems. At this point I went looking for another car to exchange. I found a Ford Fusion on the lot that was "Larson Certified" I liked the car, we go to start the car to take it on a test drive and the battery is dead, Bruce says that is just because it was sitting for a while, I understood where he was coming from, we test drive the car for a good 30 min, took the car on the freeway, drove fine and I was interested in the car. We go inside look at carfax, before I make my final decision i look over the car and try and start it up again...the car didnt start, It took them all day to look at the car and they decided the problem was because maybe a fuse popped and they were gonna replace the fuse tomorrow and it would be fine. I did not make the purchase and came back on Tuesday after work, they said the car was sent to ford because they wanted ford to check it instead since the Toyota techs could not figure it out and that it should be ready tomorrow..I came back Wednesday to find out that the car has a bad ECU and i could wait for ford to fix it but it wouldnt be anytime soon since they had to take it to ford and it probably wasn't priority! Of course..Im still super uneasy at this point and have lack of confidence in making a purchase on even a "Larson Certified" vehicle. The day came to an end and i wanted out of my contract, Bruce said that couldnt happen since i signed and it had already went through finance but they would void the "72 Hour" policy until i found the car I wanted. They said to just drive the Malibu until they put me in another car. Remainder of the week I searched the online website for my next car, I came back on Saturday morning and was interested in a Toyota Certified Corolla, the price was a bit more but i made the decision based on reliability and the warranty the car came with was good, seemed like a safe pick after all ive been through, Im excited and happy the week long process is over and im getting a car that feels a lot safer than the Malibu or Fusion. After we go in to get the paperwork underway Bruce says sorry, we are not gonna be able to do the deal today because Peter is not here and without a Sales Manager we just cant get a deal done, I ask about the other Sales Manager and he says I dont think he will do it because peter has more knowledge of this situation. I am very frustrated at this point and ask of a way to get this done today because i did not wanna spend my whole weekend on this! Bruce said sorry, come back tomorrow and we will take care of you. Im still using the Malibu as a rental , Sunday morning on the way to Larson Toyota I get pulled over by the State Patrol. Police says you understand this car is unsafe for the roads right ? I ask what he means because i had no idea, the break lights on the car are not working properly , The lights are on when your not pushing the breaks and there off when you are pushing the breaks. Im even more angry at this point, never been so angry ever before I am pretty sure. The dealership has to take some kind of accountability for letting me drive an unsafe car. I have doubts about these cars even going through proper inspection before hitting the lot at this point! I come in the store and ask to speak to the actual GM because im pretty upset, come to find out Tom is on vacation for a week . I tell Peter and Bruce what happen and they just act like its no big deal and they would look at the car, it did not seem like they cared i was upset and not a happy customer, I let them know i wanted to speak with the General Manager about this because he needs to know about the quality of service that is being displayed. I intended to see him some time after August 2nd when he is back I feel like nothing was displayed to make me happy at any point in this process except letting me use the unsafe Malibu for a rental. We start paperwork for the Corolla, I get to finance and Trevor helped me with paperwork, Trevor also was aware of the situation since he helped with the paperwork on the Malibu contract. I look at the numbers and they do not add up right for the APR they gave me...I ask trevor why the monthly payments are so high? I feel like they should be 25 bucks less a month? Trevor says ohh well thats because you have to purchase the extended warranty, I asked why? And he says they dont let people buy certified Toyota's without extended warranty. I told him I did not think he was right and started to get angry, I feel like these people have an obligation to make this experience as smooth as possible after the week long ordeal, I felt kinda like he was trying to sneak one by me at the end there and I could not believe it! I told him what i thought - Im purchasing a car that comes with the warranty, thats the whole point of buying the Toyota Certified car! I find it hard to believe you cant sell me the car unless I extend the warranty! Finally Trever says ok, we will "find" a way to let you by the car without the extended warranty. And the deal is done, I still feel totally uneasy but happy its over, not happy with the way they conduct business though Thanks for taking this email, I got a mailing from larson today saying if i didnt have an Outstanding experience I should give you guys a chance to make it right, I thought I would do this first before talking with the GM. ---- A couple days later I get a phone call from Beth in Customer Service, she apologizes for the experience and says I should speak with Tom the GM I get a call from Tom who apologizes for the way I am feeling and then he says " I read your e-mail and i just cant wrap my head around why you feel the way you do..your happy with the Toyota Right?" I could not believe I was talking with the GM of the Dealership and now understand why the customer service at this dealership is horrible. I end up calling Beth back, I tell Beth about my convo with Tom and Beth says she will let the director of management know about the situation. I also urge Beth to listen to the call since there recorded. Beth asked if there is anything else she can do, I offer the idea of having them pay for my first months car payment, Beth says only the GM can do that and she will have him call me...its been 4 days, still no phone call, I called the dealership to ask for Tom yesterday and he is not there.

Peter, Trevor, Tom, Bruce, Beth

Joseph Cruz
8/01/2015

"Truck Purchase"

We went in looking at trucks but no real need of urgency. David Cowen was amazingly helpful and not pushy at all. He helped us find what we want and financing was not a long drawn out process like other dealerships. David has great customer service and the entire dealership made us feel welcomed there whether or not we purchased from there. I would definitely buy another truck from here again.

David Cowen

Molly
7/29/2015

"The WORST customer service you will ever experience."

My husband and I just bought a car from larson toyota of South tacoma. I told them I wanted a 60 month loan and they kept pushing what payment I wanted to make. I gave them a ball park range of a payment and noticed on my signed contact after I got home they gave me a 72 month loan. I was frustrated but got over it since I signed it and should have read the fine print.Then the WORST service came (only after you sign on the dotted line and they get their $$) my husband noticed the keys (key fob) batteries were low so you had to push the unlock button multiple times to get the door unlocked. It's pretty important to have batteries that work since you need them in order to start your car. My husband called a the dealership about 5 days after we bought the car and the sales person didn't want to replace the batteries (also we bought the warranty package, which was NOT cheap). And my husband had to explain I just bought this car from you, I expect that what I bought works. So now I have a VERY sour taste in my mouth about these money hungry employees that say they will give great service and once you drive off the lot they can care less. Then we noticed about 8 days after we bought the car and got to really experience how it drives that is was pulling hard to the left. Seems like this cars needs a alignment. My husband called to arrange this and left multiple messages with the receptionist, our sales person David Butler, service, and the manager. When someone finally called him back he pretty much got the run around. Just to let you know we haven't owned this car more the 3 WEEKS! I will NEVER buy another car from this dealership. They don't value their customers and only want your money. They don't even want to replace the broken things they sell.

David Bulter, sales. Trevor, manager

carguy vern
5/07/2015

"excellent helpful people"

Jerry Bouldwin was very patient in helping us find a car that fit my wife so She could see over the steering wheel and still feel comfortable driving..tried every model on the lot and She picked a 2015 Camry. Chuck Milligan did all the paperwork to help keep us happy with the deal and scheduled our first service. Will see how that works...

Chuck Milligan,Jerry Bouldwin

Wade
3/28/2015

"Great Experience"

Great experience at Larson Toyota. My sales person was David Butler and he was great. I told him exactly what I wanted, what I wanted to pay and when I would be there to pick it up. I got to the dealership, David showed me the 4Runner which was exactly as promised and introduced me to Henry Solano and Trevor Sandison the finance managers. Henry put together a package that included a 100k mile warranty, GAP policy and key replacement plan. I was driving away 90 minutes after I had arrived. Getting a good deal is important but dealing with good people that you can trust is at the top of my list and that's what I experienced at Larson Toyota.

David Butler, Henry Solano, Trevor Sandison, Tom Todak

Highlanderbuyer
10/10/2014

"Very poor service"

Would not purchase another vehicle from them nor have them service any vehicle. Very poor customer service and workmanship. Changed oil and did not tighten bolts. Leaked oil.

service

rbiswas
9/30/2014

"Fraudulent business, trap distance customers"

Let me start with saying the most disgusted business personnel and salesmanship I have ever experienced in my entire life... In my opinion, simply they are conducting fraudulent business. We traveled there and felt like ripped off. The 2014.5 Camry was offered over phone for $20,500 by David Butler. While preparing the process, the price he was dealing with was $23,650. Meanwhile the car was sold in our back without any information while we were preparing documents. Had a lot of trouble, he promised that he will match the price for another car in the morning, so we stayed in the hotel (we traveled from Tri-cities). In the morning, the manager (Pete Lewandowski) was extremely rude, and didn't care anything about what we say. He does not care whatever price we were offered over phone. He is one of the nonsense manager I have ever seen. Just Luckily we ended up purchasing the car from Toyota of Bellevue, a whole new and impressive experience of buying a car from ToB. I wish I could sue the Toyota of Tacoma (Larson Toyota). Greedy and low class people, they are simply frauds, have no business ethics whatsoever.

David Butler, Pete Lewandowski

Laugh More
9/28/2014

"David Cowan knows his cars! Love our new Camry!"

Fun experience buying our new Camry! Go straight to David Cowan. He was genuine, polite, great sense of humor. Look for the redhead. : ) I'm sure there are plenty of good sales people there, but I only interacted with David Cowan and D.J., the finance manager. Oh, and a nice sales person who let me use his desk phone, as I had left my cell at home, and needed to reach my daughter's school. We were seated in cool little reclining (a bit) office chairs, given Starbucks coffee. David was soooo KNOWLEDGEABLE. I don't think we had one question he could not answer instantly and in detail. That gave me a lot of confidence in him. Total pleasure. We drove home a beautiful car for a great price. We will go back again.

David Cowan

hoekstbj
6/30/2014

"New Corolla"

David Butler provided excellent customer service. He even helped us set up our cell phones to sync with the car. Great experience and best price around.

David Butler

Domonic
6/17/2014

"UnHappy with My Crap Service and Car Purchase"

I purchased a Toyota Venza on June 7th 2014, purchased TWO Temporary Permits to drive home to Idaho and now they cannot and will not produce the Title to the State of Idaho DMV Dept like they are suposed to do by LAW and all three people said they would for over 11 days now and my car still sits in my driveway and it cannot be driven because I cannot license my car. Every time I have asked for help in this matter I only receive Lip Service, NOT Customer Service like one would Like or think. Complete Incompetence! I will NEVER Purchase a Car from This Company Again! If you can read this and actually want to drive the car you purchase, you shouldn't either, Good Luck Out There! I'm Still Waiting!

Drew in Sales, Lisa in the F&I Dept. and Machon Mendez in customer Service.