There are few things people dislike more than buying a car. I recently purchased a used car from Dane Zellar at Lighthouse Buick/GMC for my daughter and the experience was so unlike any other I feel compelled to share it. This is not your father's corporate auto dealership.
1. While this is not a no haggle dealership, the negotiation process was very straightforward, no games, no high pressure tactics; and we settled on a price in about five minutes.
2. Rule number one in buying a used car is have it inspected by an independent mechanic. I live an hour away from the dealership, but they had no problem letting me take the car to my home town mechanic. Then, as per our agreement, they handled the items identified by my mechanic without a hassle.
3. The entire staff is obviously well trained on taking care of the customer.
4. It is apparent the ownership values their staff because, the entire place is spotless (even the service department) and everyone seems thrilled to be working there. It's the type of leadership that generates mutual loyalty between the owner, the staff and the customer because the way they operate everyone wins.
5. After the sale, we received a set of insulated coffee tumblers, a delicious cinnamon bread mailed to our home and finally a high-quality calendar with a photo of my daughter posing with her "new" car plus a couple of letters reminding us to let them know if anything needs attention. This strategy of customer engagement is not cheap, but it is very effective in making a lasting positive impression.
6. While I was waiting at the dealership for the service department to do its work I made a point of watching as other customers were going through the car buying process. Based on what I saw my experience was not unique. Everyone was getting the same level and style of service I received.
7. The service department was quick, efficient and with the sales manager present they showed me exactly what they did on the car.
8. It's doing the little things, the fundamentals, right that counts. This dealership not only does the fundamentals right, they excel.
Collectively, these observations make it clear this dealership believes investing in its employees and its customers is the way to sustainable profitability.
If you are looking for a car I encourage you to contact Dane Zeller, Sales Manager at Lighthouse Buick/GMC.
I Recommend This Dealer:
Did you find this review helpful?