Read Reviews Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC

18 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"This dealership did not honor commitments. Sales and..."

Sarah_Clark
3/17/2014 3:52:09 PM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
will not disclose - sales management team

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

This dealership did not honor commitments. Sales and sales management need to come up with a policy so that cars aren't sold out from under customers! This has happened twice to me now. In March 2014, I called ahead to schedule a test drive and the sales rep didn't have the time of day due to working multiple people at the same time. I sat in the waiting area repeatedly waiting for sales rep responses. After verbal and written proof of interest in the car, the sales force needed to check with general management to "okay" getting the car checked out by my mechanic next business day. After more waiting, I wrote down my name and number so the rep could call me back since they were busy attending to other customers simultaneously. I was called after sales hours by sales rep only to be told someone put cash down to hold the same car after my appointment and discussions. I was not consulted or notified that I could put cash down to hold the car. I was not notified until after hours that the car was now sold to someone else after my verbal and written proof of interest. I am extremely disappointed in sales management and general management for letting this happen. This is not acceptable. Customers should come first. Where is your customer loyalty? This is coming from someone that thought Lighthouse’s service department was top notch...you clearly have some work to do in the Sales Department! Didn't purchase a vehicle since car was sold out from under me...

Response From: Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC
Added: 3/26/2014 8:48:01 AM

Sarah: As we communicated privately, we are so sorry that this happened. We are doing our best to serve everyone fairly and honestly. We hope you will give us an opportunity again when we have a vehicle that fits your needs. Thanks for continuing to trust our service department for your repair needs.

Everyone else reading: Unfortunately we had a very specific vehicle that 4 different customers all wanted at the same time. It is sometimes impossible to make all 4 customers happy. We try to be fair to everyone involved. We do our best to communicate all the variables every time. And by the way, we wish we had 3 more of that hard to find car. Thanks for reading.

Twitter
"We had such a wonderful experience with the Lighthouse..."

Ninnie2011
11/14/2013 11:25:46 PM

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

We had such a wonderful experience with the Lighthouse and our salesman, Dane Zeller. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We will recommend this dealership to all of our friends!

Twitter
"Been looking for a Truck for over 2 months now. I have..."

babeekm
7/27/2013 2:34:40 AM

Norm

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

Been looking for a Truck for over 2 months now. I have been very frustrated dealing with sales people and all the tactics of General Managers in automotive businesses. This all changed when I stopped by the lighthouse in Morton. My experience at the lighthouse was wonderful. No pressure. No shady tactics. Just respectful and honest approach to taking care of a customer. I received above value on my trade. I bought my truck and at a more than fair price (well under my research values). For the first time ever I walked away from a dealership with exactly what I was looking for and felt great! I am a lifetime customer and actually am looking forward to going back in a few months to purchase a vehicle for my daughters sixteenth birthday. If your in the market for a new or used vehicle then head to Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC and ask for Norm, tell them you read Blake's review and I referred you cause I promise he will treat you right.

Twitter
"I recently found a 2007 Envoy Denali in my Internet..."

Stan Daro
7/9/2013 10:46:24 PM

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

I recently found a 2007 Envoy Denali in my Internet search for a used Envoy. It was a few miles away but it was exactly what I was looking for at a fair price. I emailed the dealership about it and Dane Zeller replied. He was very knowledgable and accommodating through our several emails. I finally found the time to go look at it and test drive it. It was everything that Dane said it was and more. I bought the vehicle that day and drove it home. The only thing that wasn't on the vehicle that I wanted was the remote start option. They made an appointment and had one put on. They gave me the use of a new Buick while the work was being done. There was a piece of broken trim on the interior of the Denali that I pointed out when I bought it. They replaced it with a new piece of trim and it's like new. I was treated like an old friend at Lighthouse GMC. I was treated like I had just bought a $50,000.00 new car, not a six year old truck. I am very impressed with all of the staff and their friendly helpfulness. I knew it was my place to buy when I was offered a fresh cup of Starbucks!!!! Seriously, kudos to Dane and the whole staff. They are awesome. This has been my all time best experience buying a vehicle new or used. Thanks Dane!!!!!

Twitter
"I bought a car this morning from them. The entire..."

JasonCounselman
6/19/2013 7:39:58 PM

Brian Moldenhauer

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

I bought a car this morning from them. The entire experience was amazing. The salesman, Brian Moldenhauer, was very knowledgeable, professional, and patient. I would highly recommend Lighthouse to anyone needing a new or used car or even service on a current car. They were the perfect example of what professional service should be.

Twitter
"referred by my brother-in-law, very friendly, no high..."

tomsheary40
2/2/2013 3:31:01 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)
Employee(s) Dealt With:
arlen edelman and bart rinkenberger

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

referred by my brother-in-law, very friendly, no high pressure, very nice to do business with, let me drive new truck while mine was being prepped. will be back again and recommend anybody to come here and buy.

Twitter
"I have been a GMC buyer for over 15 years. I am 58 and..."

dakdomino
1/16/2013 8:59:37 AM

ARLIN EDELMAN

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

I have been a GMC buyer for over 15 years. I am 58 and have bought several new and some used cars and pickup in my time. When I found a used Chevy Cobalt on line at Lighthouse in Morton,Il I called to talk to any salemen. I was contacted to Arlen. He was very informative. This is the first time I never felt pressured my a salesmen. This young man has a great future in salesmanship. I trade my GMC Z71 pickup truck about every 6 years and will look forward to working Arlen in the future. I have told many people about dealing with Lighthouse and have heard lots of good about them. Arlen keep up the great work. Thanks David A. Kaufman

Twitter
"My husband and I purchased a used vehicle from Dane..."

emccombs
10/29/2012 10:01:26 AM

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

My husband and I purchased a used vehicle from Dane Zeller with Lighthouse. We loved our salesman- Dane Zeller. Our car buying experience was hassle free - definitely the smoothest experience we have ever had! In the past, we would dread going into a car dealership, because it seemed that we were always trying to be persuaded into things,and into price ranges we weren't comfortable with. Dane made us feel very comfortable, and very positive about our purchase. The finance manager was wonderful also! We will be returning to Lighthouse and Dane for years to come!

Twitter
"We needed a good used car(New Beetle),so happen that..."

redsock7
10/16/2012 7:45:23 PM

DANE Zeller

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

We needed a good used car(New Beetle),so happen that Lighthouse Automotive had one for sale. Anyhow,after driven the 1998 New Beetle we decided to buy it. The saleperson(DANE) was very honest and friendly;I must say that making a trip from Normal to Morton was well worth it. We love our New Bug,and we will buy again from Lighthouse Automove again!!!

Twitter
"Extremely pleasant experience. Kent Hartter was very..."

chris.armstrong.14811692
10/2/2012 9:57:06 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)
Kent Hartter

My Review Of Lighthouse Automotive Buick GMC:

Extremely pleasant experience. Kent Hartter was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. We found the VW Routan we were looking for and achieved a fair selling price and trade value...and sealed the deal in about 45 minutes. No gimmicks just pure customer focus. The car was detailed and ready along with all the paper work when Kent committed and were quickly on our way. We value speed and really appreciated the quick but high quality turn around per our request...but Kent's pleasant personality would have been great to spend the whole day with if that was what it took to determine the right car...and am sure he would have done it if that was our preference. Thanks again to Kent and the Lighthouse team for the great experience and allowing our journey with our new van to start on such a positive note. Chris and Erin Armstrong

Reviews 11-20 >>