MacDonald Motors

MacDonald Motors Info

Beau
3/05/2015

"Buying Ram 2500"

My wife and wife highly recommend Macdonald Motors. In a short period of time we had a deal worked out without any pressure or sales gimmick. Dan (owner) shopped around for the best interest rate which beat our bank. He also called our insurance company. All we had to do is sign paperwork and drive home with our new Ram 2500. It was a pleasure to deal with Travis and Dan.

Travis

Hetherhaha
1/13/2015

"Excellent "

They listen to your needs/wants and work with you to make it happen. They care and work hard for you! So go buy a car/truck from them today.

Bill, Dan. Travis, office staff all are great!

chacheee
12/21/2013

"No pressure, great experience, all kinds of help. very..."

No pressure, great experience, all kinds of help. very friendly. Good deal on used car, appreciated follow up after sale. very good dealer experience . Happy camper

Tim Morton

sordway
6/09/2013

"Dan was very helpful in all aspects of the truck buying..."

Dan was very helpful in all aspects of the truck buying process. He made the process easy, and made sure I understood all the options. His attention to detail, along with making the whole process easy continues to bring me back.

Dan Macdonald

trapperdick
3/20/2013

"I bought a new Jeep Wrangler at Macdonald Motors in..."

I bought a new Jeep Wrangler at Macdonald Motors in Bridgton, ME and couldn't be happier. Tim Mofrton, the salesman, was great to deal with. I didn't feel pressured and all my questions were answered..The Jeep came in three weeks early and was just what I wanted. I'll deal with them again........

Tim Morton, Bill Macdonald

ltparker
9/08/2012

"We have purchased six vehicles from Macdonald Motors,..."

We have purchased six vehicles from Macdonald Motors, some for us, some for our daughter. Every time we have called or visited the location the sales and service staff know who we are, are glad to see us and take care of our sales or service needs. They are tops in all they do. Any time we've needed help they are right there to support us, know what they can do to help, and do it well and fast. They also know what type of vehicle we are interested in and use our time and theirs to quickly accomplish whatever needs to be done.

Dan Macdonald

dianalwhite207
8/11/2012

"I had an amazing experience. The patiences,..."

I had an amazing experience. The patiences, understanding, information, being professional in every way. Travis made us feel at home with an old friend. We now have 3 dodge vehicles in our family all from Macdonald Motors and would recommend this experience to everyone.

Travis McManus and Dan Macdonald

Rebecca83
8/08/2012

"This family owned business in Bridgton makes you feel..."

This family owned business in Bridgton makes you feel like you are one of their own. I would highly recommend doing ALL of you car purchasing there! No pressure, and they truly want what is best for you.

Dan Macdonald , Travis McManus

gkozme04040
9/22/2011

"Came in to service my wife's Jeep and the service manager..."

Came in to service my wife's Jeep and the service manager Dave Eaton suggested driving the Chrysler 300 C on the lot. We asked Bill Macdonald if we could and he produced a license plate and the keys. The car performed well, we were impressed by the quiet ride but responsive engine. Dan Macdonald took over when we got back to see if we were interested in the vehicle and did we want an estimate and if we had a trade in. Latter in the week we brought in our trade in for an appraisal and quote. The deal was great but we needed time to think it over. At no time were we pressured or given the hard sell, they all were very professional. Dan called a few days later and added another incentive on our trade in and we decided to purchase the Chrysler.

Dave & Wendy Eaton, Dan & Bill Macdonald

ForrPar
8/26/2011

"I wish to preface this by saying in my work experience I..."

I wish to preface this by saying in my work experience I have been a fleet manager for a top 100 National banking firm, and a County Transit Director. I have probably purchased almost 100+ vehicles in my lifetime (mostly Chryslers and Dodges), and without a doubt this dealership is the MOST CORRUPT, UNDERHANDED, SLIMIEST COMPANY WITH WHICH I HAVE EVER ASSOCIATED!. The story begins with my purchase of a used 2003 Ram 3/4 ton truck w/71,000 miles I purchased with a plow accessory. The vehicle was purchased in late July 2011 and used only when neccessary throughout Winter 2011 (it was occasionally started up and driven a mile or two to keep it running properly). Overall, it had less than 200 miles on it from the time of my purchase when I returned to this dealership to have the yearly safety inspection performed and a slight leak in the plow hydraulics to be repaired. It was REFUSED on the explanation that the ENTIRE exhaust system needed to be replaced! I was informed also the fan continued to remain on and needed replaced (in addition to what I had originally brought it to them to do). The entire bill I was told would be $1400! I was extremely irritated at this and questioned how the entire exhaust went bad when THAT dealership ITSELF had passed it only a scant 200 miles prior. I was told "because I let it sit". After complaining how ridiculous the suggestion was, I was given a "generous" 25% discount on repair of the exhaust system only. I allowed them to perform the repairs anyway, despite the obvious deceptions (the service manager wouldn't even look me in the eye when he used the "it sat" excuse). After returning home with the vehicle, I was forced to place it into regular use immediately (my other vehicle suddenly developing a brake light/sensor problem). Immediately after driving the vehicle only to and from my workplace (2000 FEET from my house!) there was a tremendous leak coming from the plow in the same place as previous: only, this time, the leak was the size of my fist DAILY! I have 5 huge oil spots in an otherwise clean parking lot to prove this happened (and took pictures as well as obtained witnesses). Upon returning the vehicle to the dealership, I was informed there was no leak! They couldn't find it, they said, even after sitting there on their lot for 5 days! When I said I was going to get the vehicle SUDDENLY a leak was found! It seems that they parked the vehicle in the shade of their garage but when they placed it out in the sun, the leak appeared! They claimed that there was some type of weld spot that had given way to cause the leak. The leak wasn't there, of course, BEFORE they saw the vehicle the FIRST time, but it was there after they took the plow off and fixed the hydraulic leak. But, of course, they didn't do anything to cause the second leak, so I had to pay ANOTHER $240 to fix the SECOND leak! As God is my witness, those are the EXACT, INDISPUTABLE FACTS of what occurred and I welcome them to deny it! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM THESE PEOPLE OR LET THEM WORK ON YOURS! The sleaziest den of crooks and thieves I ever ran across in my life!

Ralph