Magic Toyota

Magic Toyota
Magic Toyota Info

Heartland Toyota Scion

Rodland Toyota

"Worst experience at a dealership."

Where do I even begin? Magic Toyota has delivered the worst dealership experience I've ever had. I purchased a used FJ Cruiser on June 21, 2014. Since this date, I have had nothing but issues with the vehicle. I have yet to make a single car payment, but the car has been in the shop for 13 days on 3 separate occasions. I have had 2 CEL on as well as constant shuddering due to a bad torque converter. I first took my "new" car to an independent mechanic who diagnosed the issue as being the catalytic converter and torque converter that were going out. Mind you, this was less than 2 weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I contacted Magic Toyota, where I was first ignored for 2 days. Then, Jim (one of the managers) called me and said to drop off the car and everything would be fixed for free. A day later, I pick up the car and expected everything to be fine. I was mistaken. Two weeks later, the same CEL comes on. I had the car rescanned so I know the issue hasn't changed. I took the car back to Toyota, where I'm told the catalytic converter issue alone is going to cost $2,700. Besides the catalytic converter, I have been quoted another $1,500 to replace the torque converter. Or the fix Toyota offered is to "buy a brand new set of wheels and tires." So now, I'm facing a $4,300 bill to fix a broken truck that I purchased from Magic Toyota 1 month ago. I would have just payed the extra few thousand dollars for a brand new vehicle from any other company If I could've forseen such issues. I gladly payed well above blue book value because I trusted the dealership when the told me the vehicle was inspected. Currently, my car is still at magic Toyota. It has been 9 days since I dropped it off. It only took 4 voicemails, 2 emails, and a call to corporate to have anyone respond back to me. Still, nothing has been resolved.

gary moore, jim

"I brought my corolla for major work. I received an..."

I brought my corolla for major work. I received an original estimate for $2,500. Gary made a mistake and then a revised estimate to $3,500 before the work began. When Magic finished the work it ended up costing me $4,200. The work they did was ok, but I felt cheated by the pricing process.

Gary

"I took my RAV4 in for an oil change last weekend and the..."

I took my RAV4 in for an oil change last weekend and the service manager told us it would take an hour to change the oil, and after asking the manager several times and told "it will be another 15 min", "it will be 10 min more", then after 2.25 hours we finally got our car back. This happened in 2012 also, they took more than an 2 hours longer than told, then don't keep us updated on the service time.

unknown

"We went to look at some vans at Magic Toyota dealership..."

We went to look at some vans at Magic Toyota dealership while we got a babysitter for our 4 kids watched the kids. My wife decided that she wanted to go even though she had several surgeries, has been extremely sick and has more surgeries that are to take place. That turned out to be a huge mess. I got an email and talked to a sales manager (Randy) and his manager who gave me an estimated trade in value for our truck for range of $48,000.00 to $52,000.00. I asked him if he was certain, because I didn’t want to waste his time or our time and we will have to drive about 2 hours to get there. When we got there Randy was a no show for our appointment and no one could get a hold of him. We got a different sales person and we picked out the van we wanted and then got shuffled to another sales person. My wife and I provided the email that Randy had sent to me with the trade in value range of $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 and told them that Randy promised us an additional $1000.00 of the purchase of any vehicle due to the President day sales event. With the paperwork and information in hand that we were promised the 2nd sale rep went back to the sale manager and Magic Toyota did there Magic. Magic Toyota decided that they were going to give us $42,000.00 for our truck even after I was upfront and showed them the email before they drafted up the numbers and sell us the van at their list price without the $1000.00 sales event discount. After some intense conversation and back forth with the 2nd sale rep the sale manager (Jim); Jim (3rd sale rep) decided to come back and talk to us stating that this isn't the first time Randy has done this and Jim said this that is their integrity on the line and that he was going to make a few more calls. Long story short the best they could do was $45,000.00 for the trade in and $500.00 off the sale price of the van. Jim said that Randy is killing their integrity and reputation by making these promises. My wife and I told them that they need to honor their promise weather Magic Toyota would lose money or not. If they wanted to maintain their integrity and reputation then they need to do the right thing and fulfill the promise that their company had made! The Jim told us to call his manager Paul the next day, because Paul has the authority to make whatever decision was necessary. I called Paul about 5 times the next day and he never called back. I called him twice again on Sunday and I called his manager Peter (I think it is Paul's dad). Paul finally called back. Telling me to let him see what he can do. Monday he called back and said the van we wanted was sold (we knew that was going to happen) and the best he could offer us was $44,000.00 for our truck and he offered us 2006 Odyssey that has engine problems (2 of Magic Toyota Mechanics told us) and they had it already wholesale to a used car dealership. Paul later confirmed the engine problems with the Odyssey. The he gave us a price of $25,000.00 for a 2012 Sienna (van) with 32,000 miles on it and he told me that was a huge discount and at a fleet rate. I looked online at Magic Toyota website and they have that van currently listed at $25,500.00. Peter told me that they could not give us $45,000 and was not sure where I got that number from. I told him I have it in writing right in front of me from Jim as part of his offer. He said "oh". I still have not received a call back from Peter. In short they would not honor the $48,000.00 (low in the range) they first offered us in writing, and then they wouldn't honor us the $45,000.00 they promised us also in writing and they would not give us the $1000.00 off sales price for President Day Sale Events promised and advertised. In short.....Do not go to Magic to Toyota....They have NO integrity! Their reputation is a corrupt one! DO NOT GO! STAY AWAY!

4 different

"In taking in my new Prius for the initial oil change, I..."

In taking in my new Prius for the initial oil change, I found the service manager to be courteous and informative. Though the appointment was too lengthy for an oil change (1.75 hrs.), the only negative comment I would share was an apparent oil leak discovered. It was cleaned up appropriately, but the "situation" was not documented on the worksheet. I am not concerned about the leak and thoroughly enjoy the Prius.

Josh Anderson

"Khing has taken great care of me for the 2 years I have..."

Khing has taken great care of me for the 2 years I have owned my Tacoma pick-up. They are courteous and helpful and really make me feel like they appreciate that I bought a car from them, working with me rather than against me. I plan on buying my next truck from them and know several people who all feel the same way.

khing ly

"I always get an appointment as soon as I want it,..."

I always get an appointment as soon as I want it, sometimes the same day. The shuttle takes me where I need to go and picks me up, with little fuss and delay. The service has kept my Corolla going for nearly 15 years and 100,000 miles.

Khing Ly

"I went to Magic Toyota today to purchase a new vehicle. ..."

I went to Magic Toyota today to purchase a new vehicle. I met Antonio the salesman. Antonio was patient, answered all my questions without pressuring me to buy. He guided me through the process and explained all my options. I highly recommend Magic Toyota and especially, I recommend that you see Antonio for your car purchase. He is very knowledgeable and represents Toyota very well.

Antonio

"Great service, no hard sell and easy to work with. like..."

Great service, no hard sell and easy to work with. like the perks, like 2 yrs of free oil changes every 5K and free auto detail coupon.

Tyrone

"Car was services as part of Toyota's Customer Care..."

Car was services as part of Toyota's Customer Care program; returned on time as promised; and didnt have to wait long. Free Coffee & Free Car wash!

Kevin Nelson