Malloy Ford Charlottesville

Malloy Ford Charlottesville Info

Harrisonburg Ford

Stpurnell
12/10/2015

"Extortion at the Finest "

I bring my car due for some service since it is still under warranty. It was having a few minor issues. When I arrive at the dealership they were too busy doing nothing to help me at the front desk. I eventually talk to a service member. I explain the issue and turn over the keys. The service member makes a comment about my keychain damaging the starter and he will add that to the repairs needed. I refused that option. I was leaving town that afternoon I waited for the free shuttle for an hour and a half. The driver was in no rush to bring me to the airport to catch a flight. I barley made it on the plane. I get a call a few hours later saying I needed four new tires and the issues my car was having where not covered under my warranty. I refused the offer and told them to stop service on my car. They did not even want to talk to me on the phone and demand while I was out of town to pick up the car whitin 24 hours. If you need service done to your car please do not go here at all.

asevindi
10/16/2015

"problem going on and on, dont even bohter to go"

I bought ford focus 2014 in may 2015 . the car has always had problems, i ve been dealing with this over 5 months. they dont even bother to ask, worst experience ever, bascially i was sold a broken , bad car and waste the money

buddy bailey

Gg133
8/14/2015

"Worst customer service I have ever experienced"

I bought a brand new F150 here last week. I drove it twice, the first time being the ride home from the dealership. The second time I drove the truck we loaded it up with some camping supplies and drove up to Ohio.....the truck broke down on the side of I70. Smoke roaring out of the hood and antifreeze blowing everywhere. It's a Sunday so nothing is open....waited 4 hours for Fords "roadside service" to come get us and tow us to the nearest ford dealership (again closed). I call my wife to load up my 3 small kids and drive the 4 hours to come pick me up. I call Malloy to tell them what happened. The sale manager Rusty says "Oh my God, I want to have a conference call with you and my service manager Bob to get this straightened out." A few hours later Bob calls and says there is nothing he can do, it's Rusty's problem. I call Rusty back and he says there is nothing he call do, call ford customer service. I call Pat, the GM and got a secretary...,I ask her to have Pat call me....he never does. I call ford customer service, they say they can pay for $30 a day for a rental but I have to pay for the rest.....pay for the rental because my brand new vehicle broke down. I asked if they could ship my truck from the Ford dealer in Ohio to my local dealer after my truck was "fixed." They said they had no way to ship my truck.....Ford....one if the largest auto distributors in the world, couldn't ship my truck. Julio, my customer service rep from Ford has been a joke. You can literally tell that he is reading his response to me. And of course....Malloy Ford wants nothing to do with this. Last week when I was giving them nearly $50k I was "joining the Malloy family." I guess they don't treat family well....

Rusty, Bob S., Walter..many others

ali s
7/23/2015

"terrible service, robbers"

I bought my 2014 ford focus in May 2015. I wanted a nice clean , car. Afte 3rd day i bought it problems appeared. I took it to service : because left front wheel had problem with transmission. Even Sales person confirmed the problem ,but their service said car has no problem. After 10 days problem ocured more and i took it again, they said there is no problem and the car is getting used to driver. which was ridiculous. After i took it 5th time they said my car was recalled by the ford. but car service manager was so rude and he was shouting at me. they were not helpful they tired to rip me off. and they said i have to wait untill september till my car get fixed and they wouldnt give me any vehicle untill then. Or they said they can trade my car and give me new one if i accept to loose $ 3000 . it wasnt even my fault why would i loose money for ? i high dont recommend you to even visit them . terrible terrible service.

buddy

ed123
7/10/2015

"Too Pushy...Im sure its upper mgt"

Too pushy..came in to kick tires on a Sunday were open...played the game and sales person April was knowledgeable and I enjoyed the test drive in a F250. .I told her it may be up to 2 months before I.made a purchase.. She has called me 3 times in 7 days ...I told April she had my business when I was ready ..Now I lied I'll go to another dealership that doesn't push..also unsubcribed to your email..

April, sales mgr

Nennen
12/03/2014

"Oil change"

My wife took car in for oil change. They changed the oil 2 weeks later oil filter came loose. The car was knocking so I changed the oil making sure to tighten the oil filter enough so it wouldn't fall off. We called them it was late so I couldn't take car to them at that time. We called them they said they would call back they never called back. It's my fault should have taken it out there and made them look at it. We called more same results, none. I own 2 businesses in cville too. I wish I could take no responsibility for my products or work. They could have said they were sorry, or met me halfway however they chose to just deny they had anything to do with it. We have bought 5 cars from that building so they will loose money no mater how they handled the situation. They did say they would make there employees call peaple back something I feel they should have been doing all along. We drove to culpeper to buy our last car I hope everybody else drives 200 miles to buy a car rather than walk across the street to Malloy ford.

Don't want to point finger

Roblewis
10/02/2014

"Tune up"

I brought my 2008 Expedition in for a state inspection and oil change. I bought it 2 years ago from Battlefield Ford in Charlottesville with 50,000 miles on it. It now has 100,000 on it and haven't had any problems with it what so ever. The service advisor Joe suggested I change the plugs and filters and flush the fuel induction system. The spark plugs replacement was a three hour job. I thought that was high so I went online to find out. Not only was the price quote very reasonable, it was less than other prices people were paying for the same service. Plus I got a 10% discount on parts and labor. I absolutely love my Expedition and would recommend Malloy Ford to everyone. The service advisor Josette's customer service is fantastic. Everyone I met was cheerful and upbeat. A great team approach to sales and service. Thank you Malloy Ford. Sincerely, Rob Lewis. Bybee, Virginia

Joe Hollenbeck, Josette Carter

Gary1986
7/07/2014

"Malloy Ford of Charlottesville will not honor handshake"

If you buy a used car from Malloy, no matter what they say or who says it, expect nothing after the sale. Purchased a car from Malloy Ford in Charlottesville on 7/1/14. That night the car wouldn’t start, the used car manager came out with the salesman with a jump box and jumped the car off. I was apprehensive but I thought it was just because it had sat and our test drive wasn’t long enough to charge it. They told me that if I had a problem Malloy would take care of it. I pointed out that I lived 2 hours away. They said just take it to my local Ford dealer and call them. On the night of 7/2/14 after pressing and holding the eject button, per the manual to get the CD player to work, the car wouldn’t start. On the morning of 7/3/14 I jumped the car and took it to my local dealer and called Malloy. Crickets. Called the salesman’s cell phone. He called me back and let me know that he wasn’t working but that he would call Malloy and have someone call me. Crickets. I called again and the service department answered. I told him my story and was told he could get to me maybe the following week and nothing he could do right then. He took my name and number and said he would pass it along. Crickets. I then sent an email to both the salesman and the used car manager pointing out the battery and that the CD player doesn’t function. Crickets. So Malloy Ford is no different than the shadiest used car dealer you can imagine. I did buy a used car, I did sign the as is form, I did not know that the battery was bad nor did I know that the CD player portion of the Navigation system was not only inoperable but would kill the battery in a matter of minutes. My mistake not checking and my mistake for believing a used car dealer would honor their handshake. I used an OBDII scanner to check the system. Should have used a capacitance tester for the battery, didn’t have one with me. I also should have had them demonstrate that the CD performed all the functions (everything else worked, it thinks it’s loaded). I try to learn from my mistakes, and hope that those who read this will also learn from my mistake. What was the fix? This car is for my wife, she is a traveling cardiac nurse. The car has to work, not maybe work, has to work. The battery $120, OE navigation system from EBAY $700, learning about Malloy Ford $ priceless.

Paul Cox, Adam Libby

Naples2008
6/30/2014

"Un-necessary service recommendations?"

Purchase 2005 Mustang from another Ford dealer. Brought it to Malloy Ford to have it inspected. They recommended $1,800 worth of repairs insinuating the vehicle may have a safety issue. Had the repairs performed but when asked later, a Malloy Ford representative denied the original comment. Were the $1,800 in repairs really necessary?

Kevin Jones

Karlee90
3/13/2014

"The reason why I have rated this dealership so poorly is..."

The reason why I have rated this dealership so poorly is because the managers are liars! I came to look at a used ford that I was in love with. They were not willingly to move on the price of the vehicle at all and when they gave me my quote on my trade is was $2500 less than NADA rough trade in which, my car was most definately not rough. They wouldn't work with me on giving me a fair trade in price and Trevor the Manager explained to me that he would be able to only sell my car for 800 more than the trade in quote. I loved the truck and came back and looked at it twice just to make sure and ended up going through with the deal. A few days later I was curious as to what they had listed my car for that I had just traded in. They had listed it for over $5000 more than what he told me he would give me. The sales person that I worked with was fine. The managers are horrible. Don't go to this dealership for a used car. They will trick, lie, and give you a horrible deal for your car. They should be ashamed. How can you run a business that way. I would never send anyone that I knew to this dealership nor anyone that I didn't know. Take it from me and do not go here.

Trevor(Manager)HORRIBLE, Brandi(good)