Marshal Mize Ford

Internet Sales Consultant

Patrick Owensby, Sales Consultant, Marshal Mize Ford

Patrick Owensby

March 22, 2017

"Poor Communication/Customer Service "

- Hollydela

Let me tell you-- I bought a used 2014 SE, I bought an extended bumper to bumper warranty with all the bells and whistles. My car started having transmission issues almost immediately. Another 2014 Focus SE owner tells me that there is a recall on something to do with the tranny and Ford has to diagnose the issue and make the repairs for free bc he had he same exact issues and has been through it already- in Cleveland. I called MM about 7 months ago to make the appt and was told "all the parts are on backorder until months from now, you'll have to keep calling back." Fast forward to 4 months ago. I call back (after several calls over those few months) and the service guy who takes my call is a complete condescending jerk. He first tells me that my model car doesn't meet the recall requirements then he tells me that oh nvm, it's just that your car is over the mileage amount covered under the recall-so 45k miles is over the recall amount? Plus you guys made me wait MONTHS before I could schedule an appt which when I first started making the calls the mileage was under 40k miles. He offers a diagnostic appt- I tell him schedule the diagnostic appt bc it's complete bs my car is having these issues in the first place. He schedules the appt for the "soonest available date" which is almost 3 months later!! Fast forward. They have my car for a day. Another guy calls, tells me the issue is not the recall issues. It's the clutches & seals have gone bad in the tranny which is not covered under the recall and is going to cost $1600 + tax. I say hold up, no, this is bs, explain how long I've waited, tell them tranny issues since I pretty much bought it, tell them to check warranty- gave them all the info otherwise I am going to take it elsewhere. He calls me back and says he had to fight the warranty conpany but got them to cover some of the costs, you will be liable for $750. MM is a sneaky, sneaky place and I will definitely not be using them ever again! This tranny issue IS a very common and major issue for the newer models of the Ford Focus. Ford needs to correct this issue for FREE! And MM Service Dept needs to learn to be a bit more professional and less sneaky. You need to learn how to treat customers! It's not our fault the cars YOU sell which we work hard to buy are straight up pieces of garbage and now you have to repair them. I'm sorry your shop is overflowing with transmission issues!! Not my fault though and should not come at my expense!!

March 21, 2017

"Nothing but a headache"

- Paige.pais

I purchased a brand new 2015 Ford Focus SE back in October of 2015. over a month ago a "service engine" light came on. Since I purchased a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty I took it back to the dealership for repairs. They told me it was a sensor and it would be ready in two days. They put me in a rental car and told me they would call me when it was ready. I go back and pick it up and immediately know there is an issue with the way it was driving. I drove it half a mile down the road and the "service engine" light comes right back on. I take it back less than 20 minutes later and they tell me they need to look into it more and they gave me back my rental. the next day they call and say it needs a new clutch. Which of course is the one thing not covered under this 6 year bumper to bumper warranty. Which also means they will not pay for a rental car. I have to have the car to drive so I tell them to fix it. fast forward 3 days they call and say the part is on back order and it will be a couple of days before they get the part. Fast forward again a week and a half, they get the part in and they say there are pieces missing from the box. So now they have to reorder. Of course it's still on back order. (Side note: Does it concern anyone else that a 2015 clutch is on back order? Are there really THAT many problems with the clutch that i was number 300 on the back order list?) Now here we are. almost 5 weeks since this whole issue started. Ford is unwilling to pay for a rental (They said they would pay half the cost of a rental I had for 8 days. But of course I have to pay the money up front) The said they would pay half of the repairs. I honestly feel like I shouldn't have to pay anything. for 5 weeks I have had to bum rides and borrow cars and call in favors all the while making a car payment on a car sitting in pieces. They aren't in any hurry to fix it and I am going for broke trying to find means of transportation to and from work. The only person who has been helpful at all is Cody at the service desk. But he has no control over what goes on in the shop. I can't get a call back from the manager at all. Do not let them touch your car at all. This has seriously been the worst disaster of my life.

January 12, 2017

"Best Buying Experience Ever"

- BAK

When we decided we needed more space than our Super Crew could provide for our growing family, we headed straight to Patrick Owensby. My wife's parents had always dealt with Patrick and highly recommended him. He is hands down the best salesman we've ever dealt with. He took the time to show us how a 2017 Explorer could do everything we wanted and more all while still giving us the luxury, options and performance we were not willing to sacrifice. We are very picky buyers but Patrick found the exact vehicle we wanted without us giving up a single option. We wanted atypical options and It's as if we factory ordered it. The entire staff was awesome - no question where we will go or who we will deal with when it's time for another truck.

New 2016 Ford F-150, $40720