Maus Nissan

3923 US Highway 19,
New Port Richey, Florida 34652
Maus Nissan Info
About Maus Nissan

Maus Nissan is a family-owned and -operated Nissan dealership serving the greater Tampa area. Our goal is to never lose your business over price! Our committed sales and service professionals offer many years of experience, industry knowledge and customer satisfaction. We look forward to serving you!

About Maus Nissan

Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

moose22
4/30/2016

"Nice experience!"

We had a great and easy experience at Maus Nissan today, Jason Horvath was very helpful and informative. We left completely satisfied with our purchase.

Jason Horvath

Candleaura
4/28/2016

"Excellent experience! "

Matt, Dixon and the whole Maus family were wonderful! Great experience and made buying my new vehicle a pleasure! Would highly recommend them for all your car needs

Dixon great salesperson!

miabarner25
4/21/2016

"Less than 24 hours"

Well...I purchased a 2013 Nissan Altima from Maus Nissan on the 14th of April. After driving my old Pontiac for 5 years, I decided I wanted to get something a little newer while staying within my price range. I will first say that the staff greeted me right away and my salesman was EXCELLENT! He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He kept his word and got me approved in spite of my not so great credit! The day I picked up the car, I was very excited, even though my payments were a little more than I wanted, I was willing to pay due to the great service I received from Ilan (hope I spelled that right). His manager was also very nice. So that is the nicer part of my review. Well...I drive off the lot, the car was fine. Now granted, I am fully aware it is a used car so I expect to have things that may be wrong with it. I did ask the salesman about the mileage, engine and transmission. My two biggest deal breakers when buying a car. I have bought a total of 3 cars from buy here pay here lots so I know that things happen and cars can break down. I am a pretty open minded person. But...what I didn't expect to happen was the transmission to go out while driving the car not even 24 hours later. I went to Tampa to pick up my mom and the car hesitated, went forward when trying to back up, and had a VERY slow take off in the middle of traffic...I won't horrify you with how many times I almost got ran into while driving with my 1 year old daughter in the car. I contacted the dealership immediately to let them know I had bought the car the day before and something was wrong. Customer relations was very nice and told me to bring the car in that day for service. I ended up making a second call because by that time, the car was hardly drive-able and I was way in Tampa...So again, I was asked to bring it in. Well during the commute to New Port Richey, the car kept stopping in traffic and then would take off after accelerating on the gas a few times. It would then take off so fast that I had to hit the brakes to avoid hitting someone else. My brother ended up meeting me and driving the car to NPR to keep me and the baby safe because it kept stopping. I finally make it to NPR and then proceed to drive to Maus Nissan. When I got there the salesman asked me what the car was doing...he then drove it to service. Customer relations came out and explained to me they would put the car on the machine to see what codes come up and go from there. I waited and the salesman pulls up with a 2010 Altima that he says is my new car...now granted I appreciate the offer, but the car was scratched, the carpets were badly stained...but he tried to cheer me up telling me the car has 56,000 miles apposed to my car which had 81,000. I didn't want the car. So he tells me that they are trying to work with me and my credit isn't the best. At that point I got really upset. My credit had nothing to do with me being sold a car with a bad transmission and he had told me everything was fine with the car the day I test drove it. So he goes back to see what he can do. Meanwhile, I'm waiting...he comes back to tell me that they are going to put a new transmission in the car. I go inside to do the paperwork for a loaner car and I tell them I am not happy with the way this panned out. Things happen, true. I appreciate them fixing the car, but the transmission should have been check prior to me purchasing the car. On top of that they tell me the tech was fired, but nobody seemed to care that I could have been injured or lost my life, my daughter's life due to a faulty car. And I was told, they understood that part, but I guess I should have jumped for joy since they were fixing it. It was almost like being told, you have bad credit, be happy we even gave you a car and be happy we are even fixing it. I was reminded how this could have happened later down the line and I would have been responsible for the deductible, etc. etc. Still not good enough for the experience I had with them as a new customer. I now am waiting for my car to be fixed, 14 days I was quoted. I am not impressed with a loaner car, I would rather have my own. They want a down payment this week, but I haven't drove my car for more than a few hours. On top of that, I had to drive it way back to NPR instead of them coming to get it or have it towed to protect my life and my child's. I get my credit thrown in my face and if it was so bad, why not just decline my credit app and let me take my bad credit elsewhere...and lastly the Manager Shawn G was a complete JERK. I called to air my grievance (considering a manager never came or the owner never came to apologize for the inconvenience I was caused) and he listened and rudely responded we are fixing your car ma'am, what more do you want us to do. I had to get off the phone because by that time I was livid and probably would have used some not so nice words. At this point, I would take my old Pontiac back any day. At least its paid for and did run. I replaced the tranny in that car after 2 1/2 years so they couldn't make me feel better by saying hey we are fixing it. I would have appreciated being put into another Altima that same day that wasn't scratched or dirty...and going on my merry way. But hey I guess you can't always get what you want. We have contacted the owner and he has NOT returned our call. I have went over to Sun Toyota who would love to have my business as well as a few other lots I have spoken to. If only I could let them keep their car and move on. I referred my brother to Maus Nissan, but after this experience, he went to Toyota as well and just got approved for a Camaro with not so great credit....maybe they wont throw it in his face if something like this were to happen.

Maus Nissan responded to this review

April 21, 2016

Dear customer, We are sorry to have disappointed you. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, but we did our very best to make good of this unfortunate situation by offering to replace your vehicle with a different one, or by fixing the transmission and providing a rental during time of service.

Floliving123
4/13/2016

"Wonderful experience "

Maus Nissan in New Port Richey, Fl is the best of the best! I just bought a vehicle and my salesman was Dixon . He said he just recently started working there but he was a great hire for the company . He was very patient with my husband and I, he payed very well attention to our needs and most of all he put us in the car that we loved . WE LOVE Maus Nissan and will definitely recommend their service to others. Oh and we even got a cruise to the Bahamas ! THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!

Dixon Iglesias

Jordydefrank92
3/28/2016

"Very satisfied!"

Everyone at this dealership was amazing! Very helpful, very informative. It was a great experience for financing my first car. I would definitely recommend this dealership! P.S Ilan is an AWESOME salesman!

Jperez415
3/28/2016

"Solid Dealership Service"

I drove 2 and a half hours from Orlando, FL and left Maus Nissan with an experience of a lifetime. I came with my mother because we thought she would have to be present for most of the paperwork. When the sales man (Kevin Thompson) found out she was running late for a meeting he offered to lend his car so that she could make it back home in time. Not only did Kevin have the patience to test drive 3 different cars with me to make sure I knew what I liked, but he also had knowledge as well as a genuine perspective on the different cars, kept them all within my budget, and made sure I was a satisfied customer overall. Not to mention he filled the tank for me out of his own money and accompanied me during my drive back to Orlando to pick up his vehicle. It is extremely hard to find customer service this well especially in the car sales industry where most sales associates only care about their paychecks. If you need a car or are in the market for one give Maus Nissan a shot and I promise you will not be disappointed with their service.

Kevin Thompson

Mcandrewmackenzie
3/26/2016

"Terrible car buying experience"

ZERO STARS!!! My family and I have had an extremely terrible experience buying a truck for my autistic sister and start up food business. This previous Monday my family and I go to buy a truck for our small start up food business. The truck was also was supposed to be used as a means of daily transportation for my sister who is diagnosed autistic. This is the first car purchase that my sister has ever made. The sales staff showed us a 2016 Nissan frontier. The truck seemed okay at first but we were lied to about certain specifics of the truck before we bought it such as the truck has no power windows or locks and the towing capacity was 6,500 lbs when it actually can only tow 3,500lb. Which we found out after signing the contract. My disabled sister needs a car with power locks due to saftey reasons. The aspect of this deal that was the most con artist like was the salesman told us we would get a FREE cruise if we bought the deal. I asked him can we please think about if for a day or two and his exact words were "YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND". He urged my disabled sister to sign even though we where asking for more time to think about it. The salesman went behind my back and pushed the deal on my sister so hard she was almost forced to sign the papers. Less than 24 hours after we bought the truck we were contacting management to help us undo the deal we were pushed into purchasing. We already put 3000$ down on this truck and they're only option for us is to put down another 4000$ to get a different pre-owned truck that suites our business and is safe for Anna. Dealership was very UNSYMPATHETIC to our situation. We are continuing to fight this battle because we do not feel it is morally right how this dealership took advantage us and our situation. PLEASE AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!! They have bad reviews we have seen in Google as well. Also the FREE CRUISE actually costs 200$ per person at the port.

Maus Nissan responded to this review

March 31, 2016

We’re very sorry to hear of your frustrations with our dealership. Unfortunately as we understand, you are misrepresenting the actual customer. We are in communication with the purchaser of this vehicle, who is very happy with both the truck and David Maus Jr. himself. We’re not sure how this has been miscommunicated, but appreciate your concerns and hope you'll consider removing this review.

jaymed
3/25/2016

"Excellent Service"

We weren't even considering a Nissan but stopped by to look. Dixon was helpful and friendly and we ended up with a new car!

Dixon Iglesias

Cynthia Alfera
3/23/2016

"1st Time Buyer Here & Very Happy!"

We had been visiting other dealerships for two days :(. Never had a Nissan before. Joseph Lucatra is so positive & upbeat! Great asset! We also admired how he & others did not bad talk competitive brands. It seemed obvious to us that Maus Nissan is once again growing and expanding and still giving great customer service! They really worked with us and our needs and we were able to buy a vehicle that we are very excited about! Thanks Sean & Joseph and everyone else involved! I was so happy with your service that I wanted to be sure I left you a well deserved great review!

Amber Bruce
3/22/2016

"Set apart from the rest"

This dealership has won me over in being a long term customer. They are not there just to get your business once. They do their best in making sure you are taken care of in a kind and serving way.They want to keep you coming back and grow their business the old fashion way - referrals by happy customers. So here is me referring you to Carrie, she was amazing :)

Reviews of Matt Rowland

Melanie Pletscher

Customer Relations Manager

Reviews of Joe Lucatra
Joe Lucatra

Reviews of David  Maus Jr.
David Maus Jr.