McDavid Ford

About McDavid Ford

Tuesday 8:30 PM - 8:00 PM

chasermacy
2/26/2015

"ford fusion easy purchase"

Had a wonderful experience shopping at mcdavid ford. Great service, fast quality work and a staff with good knowledge. Was pleased with the conversations as well as the service. Would gladly recommend this dealership to many others.

Niles
2/22/2015

"Best Dealership i have ever dealt with."

I went into Mc David Ford of Fort Worth Texas and Lynn Self was the person who waited on me, and he is the most kindness friendliest person i have ever dealt with. He could not get me into the Ford F 150, but did get me into a Ford Fiesta 2015, which is the very first new vehicle i have ever bought. He did not try to pressure me into a sale. Lynn was doing his best to look out for my best interest. Everyone at Mc David Ford in Fort Worth Texas was extremely friendly and helpful. Even when they make a mistake they will not give excuses, they just fix it and make it right. Mc David Ford has my business for life. i will never deal with another dealership, because the people at Mc David Ford treats me like a close friend and not as a dollar sign. In fact Lynn Self asked me to come back and just visit with him.So Thank You everyone at Mc David Ford in Fort Worth for your services, especially to Mr. Lynn Self "Big Tex".

Court
2/16/2015

"My Expedition"

It was a pleasure to get my new SUV at this dealership. You hear how it can be the worst experience dealing with car salesman but at this dealership it was the total opposite. I would buy another vehicle at this dealership in a heartbeat. Thanks for everything y'all did for us!!!

Ludenbelle
2/16/2015

"Quick and painless"

We were looking for an SUV and we found exactly what we wanted online. Steve Belcher responded right away to my online inquiry, was quick to respond to every email as that was my easiest form of communication and we met in person the following evening. He got us in and out of there in about 2 hours driving away in our new vehicle. I have to say both my husband and I were very pleased with our entire transaction with Steve as well as with Curtis Priddy and Mike Margulis in finance. Steve was knowledgeable and patient. I appreciated him not being pushy and helpful instead. I haven't purchased a vehicle from a dealership in over a decade and he really made it an easy transaction. Thanks for everything! I highly recommend Steve Belcher and the whole team at David McDavid Ford in Fort Worth.

Mike Margulis

dwalters
2/13/2015

"Trade In"

II have know Lynn Self for 30 years. He is a great christian man and an honest man. We have followed Lynn from Fort Worth to Weatherford to Decatur and back to Fort Worth. The 2008 Expedition we purchased Feb. 12, 2015 is the 8th or 9th car Lynn has sold us. When we deal with Lynn we know we will be treated with truth and honesty. We count on Lynn getting us the best deal to be had. It is always a pleasure to do business with Lynn Self. As always thank you Lynn for a great experience in buying a vehicle.

Fordguy1
2/08/2015

"So far so good for the most part"

Back last august I was in a bad spot with my 2006 Mazda 6 that I traded in here, it was making all kinds of weird noises, didn't look too fancy anymore, and was missing and slipping. I was very nervous about buying a car from someone other than my family friend at a tote the note lot because I never had the chance to build any credit up until this point in my 23 years at the time. I looked on the web for an economical used car that might be relatively easy to finance. Enter the 2011 Focus. I went over there and Sterling introduced himself to me and I had a good feeling that this was going to be a different experience from your average note lot. Told him what I had came to see and go inside and fill out some info and he goes to get the car and brings us out to see it, boy is it beautiful!!!!!!! He really knew his stuff about it and it all seems to check out so off for a test drive, well on the drive, I get upfront and honest telling him that I need credit but have a great job, he said "don't you worry, we'll get to the bottom of this, we'll find you the absolute best rate we can out there." So we get back in the sales office and was introduced to Gerald who made me feel good about what was going to go down and thanks us for driving past another dealer to see them. So anyway we get started and after some going back and forth on my trade in and saying that they may need dad to cosign and hoping that I would get approved, he comes back and says it's been hard work but they got me APPROVED on my own. Waited to go back to Financing and was introduced to Dan Hall who was THE GUY THAT I WOULD WANT IN MY CORNER in my situation. He said my loan was through FORD CREDIT of all places. Plus they got me $500 more for my trade than what I had negotiated with Sterling!!!!!! He explained everything really clear and made me feel good about my purchase. Service has been top notch as well with a couple of tiny things I have brought in for.

Jerry
2/04/2015

"Never going back. "

Where do I start? Salesman had trouble with math so my "out the door" was 5K more than we talked about. I waited 3 hours on the finance guy to get my stuff together. When I said no several times they still brought some other guy into the office to try and sell me a warranty. It's been almost 2 months and my license plates still have not showed up. While on vacation 2 weeks later I find out they never paid my old truck off. I got $350 yanked out of my acct while out of state for a truck I no longer own. Tried calling the GM 3-4 times and never returned my call. These people are horrible to do business with.

racer43
2/04/2015

"I GOT CHEATED, LIED TO AND RIPPED OFF !!!!!!!!"

To begin with On my 3rd truck to purchase from Lynn Self within the last 2 years the Dealer and everyone involved ripped me off. I purchased a 2014 F450 Platinum 4dr 4x4 on 12-06-14 and traded in my 2013 f-250 Platinum 4x4 in which I also purchased from Lynn back in Nov.2013. During the Trade I also sold my 2013 F-250 to a friend of mine for them and was promised $100.00 cash for the referral in which I never received. On 2-3-15 I went to see Lynn to collect on it and to get my free full tank of diesel for my 3rd truck purchase and was told I had to complete this survey first giving him a perfect score before he would honor his agreement. So It looks like I will not get my detail, $100 referral or full tank of fuel for the record on my 3rd truck purchase on 1-26-15 I had to drive straight to gas station as it was completely empty. The reason I traded the 2014 F450 in on the current 2015 F-350 purchased from them on 1-26-15 is because after only 3120 miles the F-450 had computer & mass airflow sensor problems and left me stranded on the side of the road 3 times. I called Lynn Self on one of the occasions in which it was broke down and he did not return my phone call's until 8 days later. Drove it to McDavid service on 1-5-15 and John Goddard in service would not even get up from his desk to walk onto service drive to look at it. Told me would be 3 days before he could have it looked at and he could not provide me with a loan vehicle. At this point I am very frustrated, drove it home and parked it. The next day I borrowed a 2003 GMC Durmax diesel with 210,400 mile's on it to haul my 2 classic cars to Barrett Jackson auto auction in Scottsdale Az. (reason I bought the F-450). I returned home on 1-22-15 and by phone I was told once again by McDavid service it would be 3 days before my truck could be looked at. On 1-23-15 I drove the truck to 5 Star Ford Dealership, they took it in at 5:30 pm on a Friday, gave me a loan pickup and by the time I got home they called me to let me know that my truck was fixed & ready. I returned to 5 Star to get my truck and within 1 hour they replaced the mass airflow sensor & flashed, reset the main computer. Discussed with my new truck, 5 Star Dealer priced me another new truck at $58,556.00. 1-26-15 I went back to Lynn Self at McDavid Ford to give him the opportunity to make things rite, after 5 hours of negotiations he and his sales staff told me I could have the exact truck for $58,300 which included TT&L. Lynn Self also told me not to mention all the issues I had on the 2014 F450 to anyone there in order for him to made me that deal. Here is where my experience really takes a turn for the worst.....The 2014 F-450 I paid them 60K for on 12-6-14 after driving it 3,120 miles (3weeks), they tell me they can only give me 50K trade in credit on the 2015, so I lose 10k on that truck. After 5 hours of confession and being exhausted I just wanted to go home and I signed the contract and paid $62,286.17 and not the $58,300.00 as promised by Lynn Self and 2 of his managers. If the finance director Jason Toney would have explained the contract to me instead he spent the entire time (40 minutes) trying to sell me on extended warranties and gap insurance and never once explained the contract to me. Instead he worked ridiculous hard trying to cram that down my throat and when I refused to purchase it he got mad and treated me like crap throwing paperwork in front of me telling me sign here, here, here etc... I would have caught the $11,449.46 overcharge price of the truck if he would have just explained the contract. The next day I decided to look over the contract and saw in disbelieve where they had me finance $62,867.56 vs. agreed amount of $51,418.10. $58,300.00 (sale price) - 3000 (rebate) - 2000 (down payment) - 902.01 (trade in equity), = $51,418.10. When I went back up there to show them all the mistakes they just brushed me off and told me it is what it is....really, I don't know how any of them crooks can sleep at night. Oh to top it all off on my way out the door the night I got the truck they told me I could not keep the 5th wheel hitch out of my old truck in which I stressed to Lynn and the trade in appraisal manager that I would be keeping it and they both told me it was no problem that I could keep it. Well it was and I had to pay them another $777.62 for another hitch.. In closing I would stress to anyone looking to purchase a new vehicle.... go somewhere else, they cheated me out of $22,227.08, 11,449.46 (price difference) + 10,000.00 (loss on trade after 5 weeks) and 777.62 (hitch) I have purchased 8 new vehicles within the last 10 years and I have never been treated so bad... Run as fast as you can..DO NOT trust David McDavid Ford. THEY LIE, CHEAT & WILL RIP YOU OFF!!! W. Cook

Sales mgr. Joe, Service John Goddard

John55
1/31/2015

"Special Thank You to Lynn Self"

Dear Lynn, Thank you for the wonderful deal on my 2015 Ford Fusion. You are fantastic and God walks beside you. I have now purchased a 2013 Ford F-150, 2013 Ford Focus, co-own a 2014 Ford Mustang and now the 2015 Ford Fusion. My experience with you and your sales staff has always been wonderful and quick. Thanks again! Sincerely, John Carpenter

Stephen Walpole
1/30/2015

"World Class Service"

I stopped by the dealership on Wednesday to talk to Lynn "Big Tex" Self and explain what we wanted him to start looking for and keep his eyes open for so we could start the ball rolling on getting my oldest son Jake a nice used vehicle. Not even 24 hours later I'm in Lynn's office signing paperwork on a 2014 Escape that looks like it just came off the showroom floor; spotless, shiny and immaculate inside and out. Not only was Lynn the ultimate professor of knowledge, but we never felt like a customer, but instead was treated merely like family. Throughout the entire experience, I was either referred to as Buddy, Sir or My Friend. That's what you get with Lynn after getting to know him and building a relationship with him. However, you're still made to feel just as special as if it's your 1st purchase. The new Sales guys would be wise to take hints and/or tips from Big Tex as he is what a Sales Executive should be. Thanks also to Jimmy in Finance, who despite being new to the specific location, was very helpful through the process.

Reviews of Lynn Self