McDavid Ford

About McDavid Ford

Tuesday 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Chassidy Osman
7/28/2016

"Truthful, kind and expedient"

I brought my 2013 Ford Focus SE, that I had bought from McDavid Ford a month prior, in for a transmission issue. Chris Dickerson was the service tech that helped me get my vehicle fixed. He was 100% honest and made sure that I was taken care of. I could tell from his honesty regarding my vehicle and the honesty regarding the repair, that his number one interest was the customer. No matter what was wrong with the vehicle, he told me the truth. With his number one concern being the customer, he gave Ford a life long customer. After replacing the clutch in the transmission, the car runs like a dream! I no longer feel like I made a bad decision with the purchase. I know that Ford will take care of me! Thank you Chris! Thank you Ford for employing people like Chris.

Chris Dickerson

negative
7/13/2016

"Horrible experience trying to fix my A/C and got rip off."

On June 20 I took my 95 Ford Mustang to McDavid Ford Fort Worth Texas 300 West Loop 820 South to have the A/C fix. They did a diagnostic on the Mustang A/C and any other problems they try to trick me to fix. The service advisor named Angela Costa claim that they were uncertain when they will get it done with the car due to the fact they were backed up...so they said. The Mechanic called chuck claim that one of the tubes fell to pieces due to oldest. Plus he also said that it is low on freon and supposely took care of that. I pick up my car assuming that the problem is solved but the A/C only work for one freaken day. When I was driving home from work around the hottest time of the day my and my sister got heat stroke due to the fact the A/C not only stop working but was blowing out hot air!! We drove it straight to McDavid Ford Fort Worth sweaty, exhausted, dehydrated, frustrated and fill with anger that the problem was not solved but also so much worst. I went straight to Angela Costa to complain about the problem recurring again. She said the mechanics where gone for the day but that they would correct the problem. The next day I went back to make sure they would fix the problem that they was suppose to do in the first place. But instead they had the nerve to say that it was the head gaskets that cause the problem for the A/C. Like I'm stupid enough to believe that load of crap. Everyone knows that the head gasket have nothing to do with the A/C at all. They refused to fix that problem that they were already paid for and they thought I was stupid enough to pay them again to rip me off. Not only that but when I lift the hood to see what they had done to the Mustang. That is when I notice that they also replace one of the parts of the car where the belt is at with a used part that is rusted over. That had a markings on it that you can tell was from a junk yard. I have never ever got any used parts for my car. Plus my door on the drive side dosent close right where they have taken it part. Why would they need to mess with the door at all since obviously it has nothing to do with the A/C. So basically I paid off McDavid Ford Fort Worth $300.00 to steal off a few parts off my Mustang and damaged the door. They think just because I'm a woman that they can rip me off. I call down my male family member since they think I'm just a stupid female to rip off to talk to Angela Costa and Chuck. They not only refused but still try to charge me to fix it even their shop manager agreed. The Manager not only refused to make things right but also said if we had a problem with it to get a lawyer. They are nothing but liars that deceived customers and they had made no effort to help asset me to fix the problem. The whole experience has been horrible since they are giving me the run around to fix the Mustang. I would avoid McDavid Ford Fort Worth Texas 300 West Loop 820 South entirely. Don't expect to be treated with respect and they just rob of you of your car parts and charge you for it.

July 20, 2016

Wow, Sonoe. This is not the type of feedback we like to hear from our customers. I am so glad that you brought this to my attention and I reached out to you on Yelp. I am the new Service Manager at McDavid Ford and I am really sorry that this happened. I know that I was not here when this took place, but I am hoping that we will have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Should you need to come in for service or have any additional concerns/questions, please reach out to me directly at 682-730-8174. Mike Davis, Service Manager

Josh7.0
6/30/2016

"On overall positive experience "

First of all my sales representative had the moniker: BIG TEX! I could end it there honestly. Big Tex (Lynn Self) was a complete professional at all times and never I mean never-ever pushy. I would have bought the entire lot from him had I been able. And I have received emails and calls from TEX checking on me making sure I'm happy with my purchase. Seriously! The lot was well stocked and the cars were very new looking considering I was in the "used" section. I was reasonably accommodated inside right down to the coffee maker. Having a brother at the ford dealership in Colorado and watching several YouTube videos where motivational speakers chide would be sales reps with statements like, "that's not all the money, it's never ALL the money." I knew what I was in for and to be honest it wasn't until the initial round with Mr. Self that I began to brave the gauntlet with various reps (all management) attempting to up-sell and add additional coverage, fees and the like. Sadly I had topped out at the price agreed on between myself and Mr. Self so that really was "All the money" , can't blame them for trying. for an average guy buying a premium mustang I have to actually be able to afford the payments. Sorry couldn't buy the added piece of mind. At one point a manager of some sort: André actually yelled at me in a whiney voice because I did not want his service. That was lame, I almost yelled at him in my Army twice deployed combat veteran voice but I let it go, people have tried to kill me in war, he was small potatoes. Overall the experience was fantastic and yes I actually enjoyed it and I love my car a whole lot, I just wonder why I discovered an empty SD card package in my arm rest - no SD card in sight. What!?!?!

André

July 01, 2016

Wow, Josh! Thank you for your kind words and for your positive review. It is awesome to hear that Lynn took good care of you. I will be sure to look into the situation with Andre and be sure to let me know if you are unable to get an SD card. We appreciate your business and look forward to having the opportunity to put your wife in a new ride as well. Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday weekend! Steve Mansell, General Manager

Josh7.0 responded to this review

June 30, 2016

In addition: we will definitely be purchasing my wife's car when she's ready from this dealership provided we can work with BIG TEX. And after reading other subscribers accounts with Mr. Self I am convinced Big Tex is the best in the business. Thanks again, it was a pleasure.

Brittany
6/23/2016

"Phenomenal experience "

These guys really know what customer service is all about. Jeff and Chad were phenomenal with getting me a car I am ecstatic with!!! They help with anyway they can!!!

Jeff and Chad

TD Ford
6/21/2016

"Awful experience "

I originally dropped my car off March 8th 2016 around 14:15pm at your McDavid Ford Fort Worth location. It was brought in due to white smoke from tailpipe and I was told it was the ERG valve and there was a front pulley oil leak. In the process of trying to get the ERG valves clean the technician blew out the turbos on my truck. We were told the turbos just came apart while truck was idling. The paperwork states the turbos went out on test drive and that it sent oil into the exhaust which is a clear discrepancy. After the warranty company came out to verify the work that needed to be done we were then told that is was actually the DPF valve that was bad. Also while the truck was in the possession we were told our battery cable needed to be replaced and that they could not test our truck until it was replaced. On April 8th around 615pm we arrived to pick up our vehicle. We were told that our total would be $3564. 49 of the $10,814.19 bill in which warranty covered the rest. The invoice that I received had the amount we owed handwritten on it. I asked for a detail description of our amount but no one was able to give me details. The service advisor was called on the phone since he had already left and poorly rattled off from the top of his head what he thought we were paying for. The service advisor was told that we were picking up our vehicle and that we needed an itemized invoice showing what we as a customer owed. After much frustration we paid the amount handwritten on the invoice and left around 6:55pm. After driving the vehicle home approximately 15 miles it cut off in our driveway. There were exposed wires and what appeared to be missing bolts. The next day after driving to work my husband was told by a fellow employee that our truck was leaking oil. So in less than 24 hours my truck is back at your location, McDavid Ford Fort Worth. The invoice stated that the they test drove the truck and it runs GREAT. After having the truck for almost a month and diagnosing $10,814.19 of work on our Diesel engine our mileage in/out was only 5 miles. The next day I was emailed a hand typed explanation for what I owed and not an authorized invoice from your company. The level of customer service, the discrepancies and the level of incompetence on the part of the mechanics and service advisor is deplorable. Service recovery should have started the moment you all blew the turbos on my truck. We should have been informed that the diesel mechanics were not competent enough to handle the workload my truck required. We really do not feel comfortable owing the vehicle any longer because there is no telling what problems were caused by these mechanics that will manifest itself in the near future. The next day after picking up the truck we noticed water pouring from under the truck. After bringing the truck in second time I was told the water was coming from my radiator hose which was not a problem before I brought it in originally. Also within two months there was no oil in the truck. On June 7th we traded the truck in.

Cesar

June 23, 2016

Thank you for submitting your review. I am disappointed to hear that you were still having problems with your car. According to our records, not only was your issue resolved, but you were satisfied with our service. We agreed to immediately handle any leaks or issues that arose and even sat down to go over your warranty in detail. Please give me a call to discuss as soon as you get a moment. David Willoughby, Service Manager

John Bleess
6/18/2016

"Best in Class McDavid Ford"

My experience was a pleasurable event from the time I first inquired on purchasing a new vehicle from McDavid Ford. Everyone one on the team gets IT. Customer focus is their primary concern. By name the team I dealt with led by "Tex" Lynn Self, Angela, Dwight, Carolyn were at the top of their game. None of these left me any impressions that I wasn't treated as a VIP.

Apatterson72
6/15/2016

"Horrible experience"

First time to shop here and last we purchased a 2015 Ford Explorer , saw it , chose it and even had financing ready but yet they still wasted over 7 hours of our time waiting to process the sale ! total waste of our time and very poor management , once we finally got to speak to "finance" the majority of the conversations was hard sale tactics of add on warranties, again told them i had that covered and yet they still wanted to discuss this (more time of ours we will never get back). We spent less than 30 minutes in the office of the finance department , since we all KNEW we had this part all covered through our own credit union, why couldn't this have been settled in less than 7 hours instead of sitting and waiting. Again not the customers responsibility to manage or staff appropriately.

Moe

June 21, 2016

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I understand how valuable your time is and regret that you experienced longer than expected wait times in our dealership. We were really busy on Memorial Day weekend and did our best to accommodate as many customers as we could. I do appreciate the fact that you chose McDavid Ford and if you are still in the market for a truck, I'd love to get you into the Explorer of your choice. If this is the case, I can be reached at 682-730-8174. Damon Pompa, Internet Sales

rios3grand@yahoo
6/15/2016

"Very pleased "

Working with Lynn Selfon what I was looking for and finding it was great true asset to the comoany very nice down to earth kind of guy

chance Ford and I believe his name was nick

gabrielneos
6/10/2016

"Get ready to do battle/hand to hand combat. Be VERY wary"

WOW! Where to begin. I’ve had bad experiences at other car dealerships in the past but these guys set a new “high” in “low’s”. First let me mention the one bright spot in my experience. It IS possible to get a decent “deal” on a car if: • You’ve done all of your research on the car you want and KNOW what car you wish to buy before setting foot in this place. • You’ve researched the price thoroughly online and KNOW the correct price. THIS IS CRUTIAL. • Don’t plan to obtain financing using their in-house financing options. That is another potential way to get cheated. • Don’t buy ANY extended service plan. They mis-represented the one they sold me You can always purchase an extended service plan from Ford directly on Ford’s own website. The price will be the same, and you will KNOW what you are getting. The only other good thing I will say is that they DO seem to have a huge selection of cars. So you should be able to find the one you want. I had trouble finding the color I wanted elsewhere and they happened to have it in stock. So that can be helpful if you’re looking for something hard to find. Now on to the bad stuff, and its VERY bad. The basic problem is that the entire dealership operates based on mis-information, intermediation, outright lies, and high-pressure tactics. For those of us old enough to remember, it’s the 1970’s / 1980’s car buying experience all over again. They depend on people NOT knowing what they want and not knowing what to pay. The uninformed consumer is their “best” customer. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you are subject to being taken advantage of. Don’t believe ANYTHING they tell you at face value. Fact-Check everything they say. Don’t allow them to “bully” you into buying the car at “their” price. They WILL come down if you stand firm. Don’t be afraid to walk out. Be advised that they will try and “corner” you in a small office and prevent you from leaving. They also aren’t afraid to insult you and try and make you feel like you’re an idiot. This is all part of the game and should be expected in advance. However, when all is said and done (at least in my case) I was able to put together an acceptable deal. They DO seem to sell for less than some of the other places I priced my car locally. You just have to be willing to take a LOT of abuse and listen to a LOT of lies to get what you want. I’ve read other reviews about this place and noticed something interesting. The General Manager has asked various reviewers to contact him. This is strange because I tried (5 times) to sit down with him and express my concerns only to be foiled at every attempt. I was lied to multiple times by the staff stating that he “wasn’t there” or was “busy with something else”. Their “Customer Service” follow-up person (her name is Caroline) instructed me to “send him an e-mail and he will (maybe) read that”. So I seriously doubt if he really cares at all about how customers are treated. The other key point of concern is their service department. After I purchased the car, I wanted more information on the servicing requirements of my particular car. I wanted to get prices for their various services to compare them against other dealerships. I’d not read the owner’s manual yet and didn’t know the service intervals on this car. I have another car that “tells you” when you need service. It requires service every 10K. Anyway, their service department said that the car I purchased required service every 5K. I found that interesting and later compared it to the owner’s manual (and website). The truth is that Ford has a program where they will notify you (via the car) when you need service. Anyway, the car requires service every 10K (just like my other car). When I confronted them with this information, they tried to explain that (because we live in Texas) the driving conditions require more service then Ford recommends. You would think that Ford would know better how to service their products then the dealership. After talking to multiple people about this, they finally admitted that this was their “opinion” and not actual fact. As long as you follow Ford’s recommendations, you will not void your warranty. The truth, in my opinion, is that they simply want people to spend more money with their service department. Needless to say, I won’t be doing this. They also mis-spelled my name on the paperwork thus causing my registration and title information to be filed incorrectly. They also delivered the car dirty, and two of the windows were not tinted. They, at first, tried to convince me they were tinted. However, it was very obvious they were not. So, if you find a specific car there that you want, and you do your homework perhaps you can get a good deal. Otherwise, I would avoid this place entirely. Don’t expect to be treated with respect.

June 16, 2016

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We take our reviews very seriously and look to resolve issues as soon as they arise. Our management team has already spoken with you and outlined the suggested maintenance schedules, which can also be found in your Ford's owner's manual. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me directly. Thanks so much. David Willoughby, Service Manager 682-730-8174

David Banwell-Clode
6/08/2016

"Unforgettable."

I recently purchased a new 2016 Mustang Ecoboost after seeing it listed on Autotrader. Lynn Self was the first person I talked to about the car and was very knowledgeable and prompt to respond with any questions I had. It took two weeks from the first enquiry to picking up the car and during that time Lynn was always easy to get hold of and a joy to talk to. I am from the UK and am currently studying in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I flew to Dallas from Albuquerque on a Thursday morning. Lynn had parked the car in front of the entrance doors to the dealership, which made it difficult to walk in without looking too excited! I was then greeted by Lynn and his beaming smile. He had been extremely friendly over the phone and it was no different in person. There was an issue with releasing the car to me because of my UK driving license. Something like this had never come up before and I was frequently kept updated on what was going on. Mark Wimberly worked tirelessly behind the scenes with head office to get the problem resolved, which he did. He was a huge help and a credit to McDavid Ford. Now here is where Lynn begins to stand far above the rest and goes way above and beyond his call of duty. By the time the problem had been resolved and the car could be released to me, it was 5pm and so the banks had closed. I could not pay for the car until the following morning. Before I had a chance to look at hotels, Lynn immediately insisted that he took care of me by offering to take me out for dinner and inviting me to stay at his own home. According to Lynn, the place we went to for dinner had the best ribs around, and he wasn’t wrong! He and his wife made me feel right at home and were unbelievably kind to me. The following morning the deal was completed and with no more surprises. The car was flawless and was exactly as described and pictured. The service I received was second to none and was an experience I will never forget. This was also my first car and so the buying experience was new to me. If every buying experience is like this, then I will have no hesitation buying again. Lynn was extremely modest and insisted that what he had done for me was nothing special, which is far from the truth. I am more than satisfied with the experience and was something I will not forget. Unfortunately, I return to the UK in 12 months’ time and so it is very unlikely I will have the opportunity to purchase a car from Lynn and McDavid Ford Fort Worth again. However, if our paths cross again in the future it would be an absolute pleasure to do business with you and your team again. Lynn made me feel so at ease with the buying experience and took such good care of me that I made a friend and, in fact, I felt a little sad to say goodbye to him. Lynn is more than a salesman to me, I am proud to call him a friend.

Mark Wimberly