McDavid Ford

Tuesday 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Michael Tayler
5/01/2016

"Great customer service"

Great customer service. Willing to make a great deal for your needs. Will make sure you get what you need and want. Will make sure you satisfied with service before and after.

Jobot1985
4/26/2016

"Above and beyond "

After spending weeks trying to determine what to do with my hail damaged vehicle and dealing with my insurance claim,I was beyond stressed, frustrated, and overwhelmed. A friend of mine referred me to McDavid, but I still wasn't certain that the process would be smooth. I met with Lynn, explained my situation, and within several hours was signing the paperwork for a new vehicle. I never felt pressured or hasty with my decision because Lynn took the time to answer all of my questions and if he wasn't sure what the best answer was he wasn't afraid to offer a second opinion. I am very grateful for his honesty, helpfulness, and professionalism.

McDavid Ford responded to this review

April 29, 2016

Greetings and thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that Lynn took good care of you, especially after having to deal with the repercussions of the hail storm. Welcome to the McDavid Ford family and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Steve Mansell, General Manager

TYLER HK
3/30/2016

"WORST buying experience ever."

WORST buying experience. Say hello to old school sales tactics. On Tuesday I inquired through e-mail about a 2014 used Silverado. I made an offer through e-mail and "Internet Director" Hunter Pettis replied with, and I quote, "Your offer doesnt sound unreasonable. When can you be here?" Perhaps due to a little ignorance on my part and deception on theirs, I took this as a serious reply to my offer. I was at the dealership an hour later and went through the usual test-drive procedure and then the dealer evaluated my trade and put numbers in front of me. Their first offer featured NO price reduction in the advertised price of the truck. I turned it down and they came back a second time, bringing the 'floor manager' for a hard sell routine. The second offer shaved a little off the truck and added a little to my trade in value, but I set firm numbers and asked them to give a straight answer if they could meet my price request. Floor manager leaves and comes back with a third offer, leaving us a total of $1000.00 away from my desired price point... part of which was still $500.00 over my original offer through e-mail which Hunter told me sounded reasonable. Apparently it was very unreasonable, despite being told in another e-mail that the dealership would not lose my business over price. I got my keys and left and the salesman contacted me the next day. I opened room in my budget and agreed to the price of their third offer. This was at about noon on Wednesday. I was at work and asked if they could deliver the truck to me and take away my trade and the salesman said this was fine. About an hour later... surprise surprise... the finance department is saying I have to come in person and they can't deliver the car, despite the fact that I'm already approved on the loan through my bank and even sent them the paperwork. At about 4pm I eventually agree to drive to the dealer after work and complete the paperwork and the deal. JUST MINUTES after the salesman and I settle on this, he calls me back to tell me another salesman just sold the vehicle. Unbelievable. I have some doubts that even this is true, but if it is, I think they had another buyer in the showroom and waited until it became final while stringing me along with this phony story of not being able to drop off the vehicle. An hour later I got a strange call from some customer service person innocently claiming to ask how my sales experience went. More like damage control. Welcome to the 1980s at McDavid Ford.

Kristalyn2016
3/26/2016

"I am very Impressed with their service!!"

I would highly recommend going to McDavid Ford and asking for Lynn "Big Tex" Self. He was very attentive to the details of what car I wanted. He was very professional and worked the deal to fit my needs! Don't waste your time and money other places! The finance side was awesome as well.

Erin
3/25/2016

"Wonderful experience!"

The idea of buying a new car usually terrifies me but this experience was so pleasant. I can assure you, you want to deal with Lynn Self. His goal is customer happiness and he will do what it takes to make sure that happens! He is extremely patient and really listens which makes all the difference in the world. The staff I dealt with throughout the entire buying process were top-notch as well.

Jimmy Walters, Caroline Miller, Anger Costa

Macy
3/06/2016

"Friendly and courteous and professional. "

"Big Tex" or Lynn Self was a helpful dealer who was friendly and not overly "salesy" I was comfortable with him and he made certain that I was satisfied before I left the dealership!

2016f250
3/06/2016

"great buying experience"

The dealership has a great staff. I was pleased with both sales and finance. I will definitely buy from this dealership and same staff again.

CSaunders
3/02/2016

"Fun experience"

Big Tex (Lynn Self) is awesome to work with. He listens to what you have to say and gets it handled. It won't let me submit with just 17 words...crazy!

Lynn Self

carl
2/29/2016

"Great Experience!"

I like to look around a bit before deciding on what I want, and Lynn and everyone else was very accommodating with that. Once I decided on the features I wanted, I explained them to Lynn and he found one with everything I asked for. Great Service from Lynn, and Jimmy the finance guy too.

Jimmy in Finance

Lopez
2/27/2016

"3 hour wait... And still no oil change! "

Rude customer service. Car was not serviced and left after 3 hours of waiting. I had an appointment and the service manager, Terry, stated I didn't have one rather it was an "internet thing". Other vehicles brought in the same time as mine were serviced even without an appointment. I bought the service plan with my vehicle however I am seeking a refund now and will not return. I will continue to steer other customers alway from this place. I will be contacting the GM on Monday and will continue to write a negative review until I speak with someone. Also, carefully look at their website. The service has a picture of them getting a 4.5 star review, however they are only ranked at 2.5 stars. I would give less then one star review if I could. Terry, your rude customer service is to blame.

McDavid Ford responded to this review

March 02, 2016

Hello Roberto and thank you for bringing this to my attention on Google and Dealerrater. I am disappointed to hear that your service visit was unpleasantly characterized by rude behavior. This certainly does not reflect the culture and standards of our dealership and I would very much like to speak with you directly. Please call me as soon as possible at 682-200-1952. I look forward to speaking with you, Mr. Lopez. Steve Mansell, General Manager

Reviews of Lynn Self