McFarland Ford

Colonial Ford

Markie1
7/30/2015

"'15 F-150"

Purchased our vehicle online using TrueCar. No haggle pricing for the new vehicle - this is the 2nd or 3rd vehicle we have purchased (from various dealers) using the internet. The salesman, Dave Friedman, did some vehicle searches and had to go outside of New York City to find a truck that had our color with the options we wanted, and it was well worth it as the truck is fabulous. I was not pressured, other than the salesman asking for timeframe, though they did want the vehicle pushed quickly due to it being the end of the month - and I understand this for the numbers they need. Decent price for our trade too, and we shopped the same truck and our trade to 3 other Ford dealers in two different states and this was our best deal. Also, we had no BS and not a whole lot of wasted time with the deal, used car negotiating, or on the day of delivery. I have been left alone for 3-45 minutes at other dealers while deals were "discussed" with the sales manager and other tactics. I experienced none of this here, which is refreshing given how much buying a car can be a pain.

Dave Friedman

Horse5
7/22/2015

"Used truck purchase"

We called about a 2008 Ford F450 that was listed on the internet site. We made arrangements to meet the salesman on his day off which was Sunday early in the morning. We travelled from Maine and was happy to see the salesman was there early. We were able to negotiate a deal for the truck within an hour including all the paperwork. They had to service the truck so we couldn't take it eith us that day.We picked up the truck the following Thursday as it was the next day that would work for us to get back there. We love the truck and Steve the salesman and Chris the sales manager were awesome to deal with.

Steve, Chris

Tommygunz978
5/30/2015

"Buying my new mustang"

Got turned to Mcfarland Ford through TruCar and am pleased they did. I was doing my research and car shopping for months till i found them. Not only was the price below the original TruCar certification they made the whole experience very simple for me. Literally called them about the car i wanted they ordered it and a month later it was there to my exact specification. The staff was very polite and was willing to assist me in anyway they could. Pushy salesmen and pressure to buy is the main reason i hate car shopping but the staff at Mcfarland really made it very hard to hate.

Cathy maranhao, Dave Friedman, Chris Lane

smcelroy42
5/17/2015

"Leasing SUV"

TrueCar brought me to McFarland Ford and I am very happy it did. The dealership was easy to get to, and from the minute I stepped out of my car I was treated cordially and helped efficiently. I was not asked to purchase or shown anything other than what I requested. 10/10, would recommend.

David Friedman

Shouldhaveboughtadodge
5/17/2015

"Thieves "

Went to dealer to look at a used truck listed at $15,000 as-is, Asked the dealer if they could put a hold on it, in which the salesman replied that it would be unfair to the other salesmen. The next day called and asked if I still wanted the truck because two other salesmen had already showed it and asked me to put a $500 deposit to hold the truck, ok strange but I wanted the truck so I complied, I was told the card would not be run and he simply needed it to "hold" the truck, went back the following day, Thursday at this point and did the paperwork on the truck in which the price jumped to a whopping 19000 I asked why so much and the response was they had to do $4000 dollars worth of work to it, even though I told them I wanted the truck as-is at the $15,000 that it was listed at. To top all of this they ended up running my debit card that was supposed to "hold" the truck and never even mentioned it to me!!! So in short, look over every piece of paper you sign with them because they love the smoke and mirrors!!!

McFarland Ford Service

dww
5/16/2015

"Purchase of 2015 F150 Platinum"

This was an internet and email purchase to custom order my f150 platinum. The experience was outstanding from start to finish. They had the best price in the NE area and the delivery process was painless and quick. I would highly recommend Chris Lane and Dave Friedman. dww

Chris Lane

bam5268bam1
3/05/2015

"False Internet advertising "

I went into this deal ship after shopping around online and came across a sale that seemed great. I went into the dealership and told them exactly what I wanted and at what price I had seen it advertised for (the sale was going on for another week) I after speaking with the sales rep she "had to go talk to the manager". She comes back and tells me that price is only if I qualify for multiple rebates (which was not posted ANYWHERE) since I did not qualify it brought the price up over 2000 more. After telling her I was walking out she again "had to go talk to the manager." This time they could accommodate my price point. We then went on to talk about financing and using my current vehicle as a trade. Without looking at my car, they told me 100 dollars and that was it. (KBB has it marked at 750 in FAIR condition) At this point I walked out of the dealership. I wanted to purchase a car here because it's located in Exeter, but after this experience I will never step foot in there again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know who is in the market for a new car about the shady advertising and low ball trade ins this place will offer. I see a lot of people from Exeter on a daily basis and they will all here about this experience.

I am not positive about her name.

acemeth
3/04/2015

"Ford F350 owner"

My experience at Mcfarland was the best I ever had with a dealership, I purchase a 2010 ford f 350 xlt 6.4 powerstroke diesel. ceclia jenny in sales was polite, professional,and knowledgable about the truck I Purchased............... Chis Lane sales manager was very professional and got me a great rate on the finance of this vehicle, the staff here are first class. justin sullivan was great in service...........very knowledgable about the vehicle I purchased. everyone at this dealership are friendly and courteous.................. Too sum up this experience at mcfarland I have too give them 5star rating. Thankyou again.............. Sincererly Kevin Hamilton

Ceclia Jenney Justin Sullivan, Chris Lane

Ford Truck Owner
12/08/2014

"A very bad experience at this dealership!!!"

My experience with McFarland Ford was perhaps one of the worst customer experiences that I've had in my lifetime. The salesperson was completely unprofessional, the sales manager was belligerent and condescending, and they misrepresent their vehicle prices on the internet, presumably to attract inquiries. I have been a Ford buyer all my life, but I would never consider purchasing a vehicle from this dealership. I have reported my experience to the Consumer Affairs division within the state, as well as with the BBB, and would suggest that if others have similar experiences, that they report them as well. Businesses have to be accountable for their actions, and it's important that we as consumers share our experiences with others, so that poor customer service is addressed and remedied. Ford makes a fine vehicle, but McFarland Ford is not the place in which to purchase one.

Sue Mcfarland Moynahan, Rich Pulsifer, Scott Herman

nanseisho
4/11/2014

"Excellent Experience purchasing our Ford Escape!"

My husband and I purchased our Ford Escape through Steve Price at McFarland Ford, Exeter a few weeks back. At the time, we were unsure whether we truly wanted to purchase a new vehicle or repair our older Chrysler which wasn't passing inspection. In hindsight, we are so glad that we took the plunge and bought our new vehicle; we simply love it! Steve Price helped turn a normally nerve-wracking experience for us into a wonderfully painless one. He was such a pleasant "no pressure" salesman and he was so very patient with us. He took his time finding out what our individual needs and wants were and spent almost an entire day showing us around the dealership taking us for test drive after test drive. He really seemed to enjoy his work and effortlessly showed us all that the Escape had to offer. What wonderful customer service and work ethic. As it turned out, we didn't purchase right away. in fact we were still on the fence when we returned 2 days later and met again with Steve. His intuition and sales skills shined through when he pulled a car off the lot (that he instinctively knew I truly wanted) and took us for a test drive. We were sold! I got the car I really wanted and my husband was happy to know that we were buying our vehicle at the best price around! I love driving my new Ford Escape and I want to thank the entire staff at McFarland Ford (especially Steve!) for making our purchasing experience such a memorable one...I am still pinching myself! Sincerely, Nancy Hagner

Steve Price