Mercedes-Benz of Sarasota

Crown Eurocars

Lokey Motor Company

Mike
1/25/2016

"Expensive and done twice to fix once."

I have a very low mileage out of warranty AMG. Took vehicle in for repair incredibly expensive when I picked up the car I had to return it for same issue. However this time the new part broke and also broke another part. My cost we're almost doubled. I currently have a Porsche 911, Jaquar XK and Ford Expedition with roughly the same mileage and non of the challenges. When I ask the service writer why I needed to spend so much on this vehicle his response " my friend has an XK and has spent a lot on it". No points for creativity !

Service writer

New Benz owner
11/02/2015

"Zero customer service"

Having just bought a used E350 Benz from Encore, I needed some warranty work done. I called this dealership, asked for service and was cycled back to the receptionist three times. I think she went and got someone from the service department who assured me i would get a call back within an hour. That was a week ago. I called again, two days later and was going around the phone cycle again when I demanded to speak to an adviser. It took ten minutes but finally I managed to talk to someone. My questions about warranty were never satisfactorily answered but I made an appointment. Unfortunately a doctor's appointment took precedence that day so I went on-line to reschedule. That function on their web site does not work, I discovered. So I called. Received the voicemail, not even a receptionist. I chose the "call back" option. Guess what, NO call back. When I was shopping for a low mileage used Benz, the salesman could not have been less helpful. In fact I was so pissed off with his attitude I drove straight back to Encore and bought theirs. I had the same experience over the phone with the M-B of Ft Myers also. I was quite prepared to drive there but the sales manager was so condescending and unhelpful, that Encore got the business. What's wrong with these guys? I'm not someone that expects to have the red carpet rolled out for me but these dealerships can't even provide the most basic levels of customer service. Is it too much to expect that someone answers the phone? I'm going to try the dealers in the Tampa Bay area and see if I can find one that treats me like a customer. What a pain!!!

Dillon Simpson

long term Mercedes owner
10/22/2015

"A great place to purchase if your a knowledgeable shopper!"

But watch out in the service department! This is where the money is really made , partly with the assistance of Mercedes Benz ,scheduled maintenance is grossly overpriced and scheduled in short intervals to benefit the service department.The service advisors are well trained salesman suggesting replacements and services often early or when not needed at all.I purchased my first M B in 1985 a nice new 300 SDL a great car built under the old M B philosophy ,build the very best and all in house ,every nut bolt & screw . It came with the first two years of service Free and that program continued for many years in one form or another.The company took great pride in its products and stood solidly behind them sort of like BMW today with its 4 year inclusive service. After the end of the Nineties everything changed with M B , the bean counters went to work .they started farming out parts cheapening up the quality and learning about the other big profit center in the car business ""Service"" ! Yes they offer great designs and the up front appearance of quality but you Pay for it ! After purchasing 11 new Mercedes Benz cars over the last 30 years I can assure you the company and the product quality is not what it used to be and at this AutoNation owned dealership the prime concern is their Profit!!!

Judy Schweitzer Joe Kordick

Sarasota Mercedes Unhappy
6/18/2015

"Bad Service"

Their service department is a constant disappointment no question! If you read all their reviews sales is not an issue unless your buying used and service is a constant complaint plus they are way way more expensive than Encore motors which has great ratings!

Amy Souza, Abel Grivalva, Judy Schweitzer, Joe Kordick, Judy Schweitzer, Joe Kordick, Abel Grijalva

Oscar
6/14/2015

"Seamless Purchase"

Excellent customer service. My sales rep. Linda Parker was knowledegeable and professional. The transaction was seamless and the whole team assisted me. I would definitely recommend this dealership to a friend.

Mike Grammatica

beachie
4/16/2015

"Characteristics : arrogant, liars and fakes "

I will never in my life step foot in this dealership again. This dealership gives MERCEDES a bad name and this is why I plan on getting out of mercedes after this car. I just went to BMW for an oil change and the entire team there was laughing. They have tons of people they get from mercedes of sarasota that say this. LOOK AT THE RATINGS ON THIS PLACE. Speaks for itself.. The GM that runs the show is the worst of them. I can write a book on this dealership and include all my emails to the GM and Mercedes Corporate but I dont want to waste my time. Brought the car in there multiple times 3-4, issue was reproduce with multiple techs while i was their, reproduced by service manager and none of this documented in service request details. I sat with the GM and service director who stated they would NOT update the service documents with the exact details they told me. Then Mercedes of Sarasota told mercedes corporate its not an issue and working as designed. The GM belittled me while in meeting with him and 2 other folks, lied and unprofessional and arrogant. Then belittled me on the phone after walking out of his dealership. I've sent in all my complaints to corporate and who knows where that will go. All I know is i would not recommend this dealership to anyone. I'm just writing my experience and opinion of this dealership but let your research show the same. Its not just me that has issues with this place. Look at this quote from their website.. "Mercedes-Benz of Sarasota prides itself on a very friendly and knowledgable staff that are in love with the brand and a passion for providing the best customer service possible."

I'm not putting in names - they know who they are

Leo O'Callaghan
4/16/2015

"excellent service with no appointment"

I had made an appointment for a noise in the car and was unable to keep it because of a funeral. As I was about to drive back to Long Island, N.Y. in a few days and was concerned about the noise, I stopped in at about 4 pm with no appointment. Brian, the service manager, listened to my description of the sound, took the car for a test drive, found the source of the problem, explained it to me, fixed it and had the car back to me within an hour. I was impressed and would highly recommend this dealership. Thanks again Brian. Best, Leo O'Callaghan.

Brian Gerharz

demolady
1/20/2015

"I cannot believe they are a Mercedes Dealership."

Worst Service Department I have ever dealt with. I have been there 3 times and this is the last. I will now drive to Tampa. They are supposed to have a very good service department. I have spoken with others that have had bad experiences with this service department also.

I will not identify all of the employees. It's the entire department

zpeck
10/12/2014

"Excellent!"

You go into a Mercedes dealership expecting nothing but the best. Well Roger Kumapayi exceeded our high expectations. There was no pressure, just information, helpfulness and great service. Roger Kumapayi spent all afternoon with us giving up many other sales to provide us excellent personalized service. He walked us through every step of the buying process and made our experience very memorable. We drove all the way from Cocoa Beach to Sarasota because Roger was so helpful on the phone. When it's time to buy another car we will make the long drive again. because Mercedes of Sarasota is an excellent place to purchase a automobile.

Roger Kumapayi

tomrtaylor
8/15/2014

"Great Dealership - Sales & Service"

The experience of continuous friendly, responsive professionalism is better than any dealer I have ever worked with. The overall culture is great. I have bought 8 cars from this dealership and the last 6 were after Ernie Withers took over .. what a difference ... what an experience. I used to take my cars elsewhere for service to save a couple dollars, but now I use the dealer because I know it will be done right, with a smile and guaranteed. Great dealership.

Bill in service - Great guy, Joe Kordick, Judy Schweitzer, Brad Combs, Mike Grammatica, Brian Gerharz