Middletown Honda

Morehead Honda

SDS
12/30/2015

"Not a great experience"

I thought they would be a good dealer, but they were aggressive, not honest and ultimately not at all helpful. We did not buy from them and would not recommend them.

Sean

Ajay
12/06/2015

"Don't get fooled ."

Be careful and do not get tricked by Managers to buy new car or by their service department. They will talk you into bringing in your car . They will never say there is a diagnosis charge .They will trap you to spend money even after they talk you into bringing car and let them check it out. There is always a catch. Their quote for example just a $10.00 A/C Relay switch was approx. $400.00. ( I fixed it myself, it cost me less then $15.00 dollars including NY tax) Every time you bring your car for an oil change they use their scaring customer technic and talk you into premature services, which ends up in few hundred dollars to couple of thousand dollars out of customers pocket.

Service manager Frank

notsodumb
11/09/2015

"Tried to charge me for work my car didn't need"

I took my Pilot in last week for a recalled seatbelt. After I dropped it off I was told they were going to do their complimentary multi-point inspection (whatever). I got a call from Mary later that morning telling me that their mechanic found that my steering rack was leaking very badly, it was dangerous to drive and the repair was quoted at $1560. I played the dumb wife card and told them I would talk to my husband about it and picked my car up later that day and took it the next morning to my local mechanic. He tells me there was nothing wrong with my car: nothing was leaking, not even a drop, and all the fluids were full. He couldn't make it leak even after taking it for a drive. I called Mary back to report this to them - I was furious. She apologized and said she would "Look into it." I'm still waiting for an explaination of how they were going to rip me off for $1560. I think I may be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. I think the BBB might be interested in this. A few years ago I had to bring in the same car for a different recall. This was my first experience with this dealer. I dropped it off at 9am I told them I needed it back by 4 because I had reservations to an event that night. My car wasn't ready til 5:40. I was late to my event. All I got was a "sorry" for the delay. The only reason I got it back even then was they closed at 6pm. There was an article in the Times Herald Record a few months ago how this dealership was ripping people off for $500 each on lease turn ins. New York State got involved they owed a lot of money to many hundreds of people because they had been doing this a long time. Never Never go to these people.

Mary

Bob123
10/01/2015

"Killing me on both sides of the deal"

I own a nice 2007 Toyota SR5 4Runner and I am the original owner. I received a trade-in offer from a Pa Honda dealer of $7600 against a 2015 CRV-LX. The LX was priced at dealer invoice. In order to test the waters with one more dealer I visited Middleyown Honda. They offer me $2100 LESS on my Toyota trade in and the same CRV was priced $1100 higher. What a ripoff offer!! You can kill me on one side of the deal but not on both sides. It's a shame that Middletown Honda seems to have lost sight of good salesmanship and good business dealing...perhaps because Honda makes such a quality car they think they can get away with this. I strongly suggest you compare Middletown Honda pricing (and attitude) with other Honda dealerships before you buy there.

John

bworsfold
8/11/2015

"worst service experience ever"

I had a radiator hose recall on a 2007 accord. After driving it and experiencing smoke from radiator fluid being sprayed on the exhaust manifold. I opened the hood and discovered flames were shooting out of the engine compartment so the car was not drive able. Called Honda of Middletown for a simple tow and hose replacement and the fun began. I had a service adviser and a service manager promise to call me back after they consulted with their service adviser on a game plan and not one time did they call me back. They set expectations for the customer that they have no intention of adhering to. When i picked my car up the cashier had to leave her office area to search for my keys and paperwork. The service adviser once again dropped the ball and she stinks at her job. I would not allow Middletown Honda to service bicycle. The owner Adam Malik could care less his pockets are full of money and he could care less about creating a positive customer experience. One would think that they would have demonstrated a positive interaction to gain repeat business from me and my Honda owning family. Nope. They could care less. Never again will i pull in to their lot to purchase or service a vehicle. Oh did i mention, the accord in this review was purchased from Middletown Honda brand new back in 2007 and i am getting ready for a new one. You lose Middletown Honda!!!

mary (service adviser and also the service manager)

8/07/2015

"Worst people I have ever found "

Don't think of fixing there or even buying there cst service is dicusting !!!!! Don't tuck them ...ripoffs woof won't do any thing for you I will never walk in there again

sduclet
7/24/2014

"Phenomenal experience"

I just bought a 2010 Pilot EXL and I am pleased with all the great services I received. Thank you Ed, Joe and Suzette. You guys are amazing!!!

Suzette, Ed Folkl, Joe Cerreta

domain
4/30/2014

"I never wrote a review before, this is my first what I remem"

I was recently at Middletown Honda, I still feel the pain, and I will not go back to this location, and also not buy a lease a honda any more, this is what I feel after my experience. My story going back from last repair on my vehicle, I came in for a oil change and a plug for my tires, the service person advised me it will take a couple of hours so I waited went shopping, then I took my care and the plug was never done, and paid 65 bucks for oil change and 45 for plug what wasn't done, came back the next morning with a low tier, so ask why my plug wasn't done, he said because I need new tires, so asked why I got charged for not doing a plug he didn't know why, so had to buy new tires because he refused to do a plug for that tire, so I asked to refund my plug charge, he didn't want only offered a free oil change for next visit, so after 3 months, I came in with my vehicle for a oil changed and tire adjustment, went to this same creepy service manager because I could only got a free oil change from him, and he advised me it will take about 2 hours, didn't had a choice and stayed and waited, after 2 hours i went to ask him what the status, then he told me that they are working on it, they probably started to working on it then, to make the long story short I was waiting there for more than 5 hours, spend a entire work day for this silly honda, and this vehicle is not old, has very few miles. Will not recommend leasing or buying a honda and especially from Middletown Honda

Service adviser

Middletown Honda responded to this review

May 30, 2014

Dear valued customer, Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our Service department. We, at Middletown Honda, have let you down and I would like to make sure we can regain your trust. Recently, we have made some personnel changes and reviewed the training needs of our entire Service team. We would like to invite you back to visit us and hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a great experience. Please ask to see me, or the General Manager, at your arrival. We look forward to make it right by you. Sincerely, Annetty Romero Business Development Manager Middletown Honda 520 Route 211 East Middletown, NY 10941

lac040787
10/14/2013

"I recently brought in my 2008 Honda Accord to be serviced..."

I recently brought in my 2008 Honda Accord to be serviced for a check engine light I had. It turned out to be for a purge valve in my fuel tank. I was in a few weeks earlier because the check engine light was on, but when I had it checked at Auto Zone first they reset it, so I had to wait for it to come back on. I dealt with Chris Burba the entire time my car was in Honda's care, and he was very professional, respectful and courteous to deal with. He even checked and verified that the work being done on my car was covered under the emissions warranty (15 years / 150,000 miles). I only had to pay $29 for another service I had done (that was after the $99 vehicle evaluation fee was deducted). When I picked up my car the check engine light was taken care of, and I am very satisfied with the level of service I received. Chris and even the cashier women were all very friendly. I highly recommend Middletown Honda for the outstanding service I received.

Chris Burba

hondaguy33
3/22/2013

"My salesman had quit on the day my car was supposed to be..."

My salesman had quit on the day my car was supposed to be delivered and nobody in the dealership had called me and let me know what was going on or anything! i went to the dealership to find out what was going on with my car and my salesman i had dealt with and i know everything was all messed up because of that but nobody even called me. They had put me with another salesman and i did not care for him at all, he was trying to locate my car, but he had also said that the type of car i wanted was unpopular which i thought was very unprofessional to say to me, after that i just got discourged and decided to go to another dealer which was morehead honda of newburgh, i'm very dissapointed with middletown honda i will never have dealings with them again.

Seth Robinson, Conrad

Middletown Honda responded to this review

May 30, 2014

Mr. Hondaguy33 We, at Middletown Honda, apologize for this inconvenience. As part of our ongoing effort to improve our customers' experience,- and based on your review- we have taken corrective steps to ensure that we manage unplanned staff changes more efficiently. Currently, our customers have an easy transition when service personnel leave and new ones join our team. I would like to invite you back to visit us and hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a positive experience. Please ask for me or the General Manager at your arrival and we will make it right by you. Sincerely, Annetty Romero Business Development Manager Middletown Honda 520 Route 211 East Middletown, NY 10941