Muller Subaru

Benjamin Franklin Cybulski III, Sales and Leasing Consultant, Muller Subaru

Benjamin Franklin Cybulski III

Sales and Leasing Consultant

June 05, 2017

"Unhelpful and clearly not wanting business"

- Reviewer

I spoke with Joseph Lee, so this review is for this specific employee at the Muller Subaru. Joseph refused to respond with any information requested by the customer, even with something as general as a quote for a specific car. When I inquired about two different models, he responded with phone calls and emails for me to call and a random unrequested information about his language ability (???). Over the phone, Joseph sounded very condescending from the moment I said hello. He sounded obviously frustrated after hearing I was still split between two models, and was very chastising throughout the whole phonecall. In addition to his tone and attitude, he was as unhelpful as ever, refusing to provide any information requested, telling me my reasons for why I should not do business with him (my location and my interest in multiple models). He did not sound like he wanted to help me narrow down my choices and therefore gain my business or work around my distance, which I was completely willing to do. Other dealers near his location (Evanston, Grand, Berman, etc) have worked with me with frequent and helpful communication, including the necessary information (quotes for several models, package information, etc.) and appropriate tone in responding to my inquiries. I will most likely be making my purchases from one of these other dealers. I highly recommend future customers to work with dealers other than Joseph Lee at Muller Subaru to receive the baseline respect and assistance needed in making their purchase.

Joseph Lee

April 12, 2017

"I didn't actually purchase from Muller, but..."

- Ronnie

I would, if given the opportunity. Muller was one of a handful of Subaru dealerships I was working with in shopping for my new car, and I found my online interaction with Ann Karpiel to be very pleasant, professional and accommodating. In the end, I bought from a dealer closer to home rather than trekking all the way up to Highland Park to save a hundred bucks or two, but I would definitely recommend Muller to anyone looking to purchase a Subaru.

Ann Karpiel

April 05, 2017

"Muller Subaru - and Bob Szmarek - are terrific!"

- Diane Scholten

In 2008 or so I bought a used Subaru Forester that I had found through an online site. It ended up being at Highland Park Motors (I think that's what it was called then) and my sales guy was Bob Szmarek. This year i was ready to buy a NEW Subaru Forester. I did a lot of research (Consumer Reports, TrueCar, etc) and when clear on the car I wanted, the amount I wanted to pay, and the amount I expected to get on a trade in (Edmunds) I called Muller Subaru and made an appointment with Bob. He was the same friendly, practical, easy to work with guy I remembered from before (and he looked no older! how did he do that?!). We test drove both the Outback and Forester (I was 95% sure I wanted the Forester but I'm a big 'due diligence' gal). He had a clearly thought out route that would allow me to experience many facets of the cars in a short time. Decision made (yep, Forester) we then went about negotiating. It was so easy, fair and pain-free! I showed him what I wanted to pay and why, he went over the numbers, did a grand total of 2 'trips to the manager" and I got a BETTER deal than I expected! Then, the whole experience got even better yet when the 'delivery assistance expert', Austin, helped me understand all the fancy new electronics (cars have changed a lot in the last 11 years). AND - I got a $25 gift care for doing the test drive and will get another gift care for coming back to do follow-up questions with Austin! What a great deal! I HIGHLY recommend Muller Subaru and Bob Szmarek!

Bob Szramek