My Review Of Nalley Toyota of Roswell:
I love the 2012 4Runner selected by the family, but the dealership experience has been the most painful experience I have ever had with buying a vehicle (new or used) over the last 20 years.
The test driving of the vehicle went great, but completing the overall transaction is still agonizing 4 weeks after the sale to where I really want to return it to the dealer. Literally, within the past 4 weeks I have spent 5 days sitting in the dealership waiting on others to complete Financing paperwork, have the vehicle repaired as promised before purchasing the vehicle. Keep in mind these 5 days in the dealership are during the holiday season when my kids were at home wanting to have some time with Dad.
Here are a few examples:
- Brandon did a great job helping with the initial questions, partaking in the test drive, and setting the stage. Walked away without vehicle. (Day 1)
- Was confused at why the Sales Manager decided to step into the dialog for the negotiation outside of some pricing clarification, but that was not my call. Walked away without vehicle (Day 2)
- I came back because the family was satisfied with the vehicle. Was told to come in later in the day and all the paperwork and finance rates would be ready to sign. 2-to-3 hours later with the kids and the paperwork was still being processed because it had not been started until I arrived at the dealership. (Day 3)
- I came back again to finalize items because the paperwork had to be changed again. (Day 4)
- The committed items to detail the vehicle, touch up the paint on the vehicle body, and something else required an additional day. (yes, really)
- Was communicated that great rates were available, but when sitting down at the table to sign the paperwork it was disclosed that the comparable rates I had lined up with USAA could not be achieved because it was a used vehicle. ...frustrating as I ended up walking out of the dealership door again and coming back the next day with a better rate (& done quicker than the initial paperwork).
- Was offered an extended maintenance contract for a "great deal." I ask for a breakdown of the included services from Sales, Finance, the Service Dept, and the company providing the warranty; received different answers from each after researching for about 3 days. Currently in the process of cancelling this as to date no contractual list of the services included has been provided.
- Received notification about 2 weeks after this experience from Toyota after this experience that they “declined” my credit. I wouldn’t have a problem other than found that this impacted my clean credit history and I officially declined their offer versus the other way around. (just adds to the frustration)
- Now this is where they actually lost my vehicle for 2 to 3 hours and no one had a clue where it went. ...really.
- After taking the truck on a 600 mile road trip (via highway) I found that the posted mileage was not even close to the result. I requested service to find the problem and they stated "We see nothing reported via the computer reporting a problem and the posted mileages is never accurate" - Very disappointed and frustrated as the 22 to 23 miles-per-gallon was a major deciding factor for me to purchase the vehicle. (it was confirmed more than once with Brandon prior to the purchase)
- Was communicated that most customers have to make modifications to their vehicle as the default air cleaner on the 4Runner is not designed properly for fuel economy
- I came in for a second service (since the vehicle has a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty) as the mileage has yet to reach 20 mpg. The service department performed a diagnostics and stated “all is OK” in addition to not pay attention to the sticker represented on the truck at the time of purchased. …yes, this just occurred within the 15 minutes prior to posting this review.
Were additional features purchased?
Yes. I purchased the Protector because of previous history on another vehicle I have (15 years later, the vehicle still looks brand new). I had no problem buying the feature, but didn't expect the vehicle not to be cleaned prior to the treatment being applied. (no vehicle detailing). I spoke with the Sales Manager and am still fuming over this one.
Initial receipt of the vehicle -
- humorous, in a sad way.
- For the amount paid for the vehicle, I expect to receive a vehicle that was cleaned and detailed. Identifying smudges, obvious dirt on the chrome/badging, etc. (in the dark) when inspecting the vehicle reinforces that service is not a top priority for the dealership.
Will I buy a Toyota product again?
No way. This has tainted me where I literally want to give this vehicle back (painfully). This goes for any Toyota vehicle that includes a Lexus that was next on my list of vehicles within the next few years.
Am I disappointed?
Beyond belief. I work with a few service organizations to help mentor our future leaders of tomorrow (Kiwanis International, Boys Scouts of America, etc.) and I am appalled with what I have experienced in less than 45 days from a single dealership. It is clear that this dealership has several quality issues where customer service is not a priority.
In addition, I had submitted a preview of this note to Ronnie Corbello and Robert Gagliardi in late January. Ronnie asked for me to follow-up with him on a set date. It was great to hear that the communication was acknowledged and to have a scheduled follow-up discussion. (I was also introduced to Robert) BUT, when I arrived on the scheduled Monday found that Ronnie no longer worked for the dealership as of the previous Friday. …and when I spoke with the on duty Sales Manager, no one was aware of the dialog/issue(s)no follow-up was made (including no follow-up from Robert)
I hope you have a better experience and keep in mind there is plenty of coffee/beverages available if you are waiting on them.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes | No
Nalley Toyota of RoswellAdded:
3/3/2014 10:19:54 AM
I am glad that you brought the details of your buying experience to my attention. We want to provide service that is respectful to our customers in every way so I am sorry to hear that your purchase took so long, was delivered to you in a condition that was unsatisfactory, and that you have had such a difficult time getting straight answers. I would like to speak with you about your experience in detail so that I can be sure you are ultimately satisfied with your purchase and can work with my team to correct the problems that have led to your appalling experience. Please contact me at 678-832-4200 so we can work together to transform your opinion of Toyota and ensure that you are confident in your future service with us.