Open Road BMW

BMW of Springfield

kshitij36
4/14/2014

"Poor Service"

Last Thursday I went for a routine servicing as the dashboard indicator showed that it was due. After waiting for 3 hours I was told that the service was conducted. The required service was to review the components visually and no fluids etc needed to be changed. On Friday just a day after the service, my car suddenly started flashing 'Service engine soon' signal. Moreover the car vibrates vigorously when you slow down or stop at a signal. There is also a problem with pickup. I reported this immediately on Friday and Saturday but so far I have not even heard back once as a courtesy so that a repeat call can be scheduled. In fact when I was at the service appointment last week I asked that since I was anyways here for 3 hours why would they simply not do the routine engine service. They told me I must wait as there system does not allow. My service contract expires in 3 weeks -I felt that this was a deliberate attempt to make me come back after the contract expired so I pay for this service. Anyways I don't care about the payment. At the moment this is about customer service and quality of technical service. This is not the first time I have had issues. I had similar issues with the head light bulb for which I had to pay nearly $150 and yet bring the car back three times as the technician did not do the connection properly. this was an issue from last year.

Hyukjin Yoon

TarynBostwick
11/21/2013

"I use love this dealership been coming here since 1996..."

I use love this dealership been coming here since 1996 until I had some bad experiences in 2011 wit the GM and the owner who my 1 week old 650 in for repairs for 3 months since they did not repair the car right that caused many more issues. Been going to flemington BMW for the past 2 years, w whole different experience The user reviews for open road are not being all listed here as there ratting is less then 2. Please google and you will see

General manager and owner

didichen
11/08/2013

"I negotiated a lease deal on a new BMW 435ix with Daniel..."

I negotiated a lease deal on a new BMW 435ix with Daniel Umana who got the approval for a discount of 6% off MSRP from his manager. Since I am in Miami, FL, and apparently Edison BMW in NJ doesn't fedex legal documents, we agreed that we charge the COD on my credit card ($3,000) and we sign the paperwork when we pick up the car during Thanksgiving week. I was just informed that the manager who originally agreed to this deal changed her mind and is now reneging on the deal which I have in writing in an email from Daniel. Needless to say that I am very angry, frustrated, and disappointed. I let go of an alternative deal in the meantime because I committed to BMW Edison in NJ. I have not heard back from Edison NJ as of yet. No manager has gotten back to me or any person with decision making ability. Obviously, I would like to have this resolve ASAP. If someone at BMW Edison NJ is reading this, please contact Daniel Umana and George Serrano to have this resolved and have me contacted. Thank you.

Daniel Umana, George Serrano

didichen responded to this review

November 10, 2013

Update to the issue noted below: I was contacted by the General Manager, Kosta Pappas, and he took the high road and honored the deal. Before making any pre-conceived conclusions, Kosta took the time to review the email correspondence between myself and the sales rep. He then conferred with the sales manager to review the case and decided to honor the deal. I will follow-up with his team to finalize this deal tomorrow and it should go smoothly from here as Kosta assured me. I am looking forward to delivery of this vehicle and meeting Kosta in person if possible. It is evidence of great leadership to turn this moment of truth into a great customer experience.

Peaches_1982
8/27/2013

"I own a 2007 328 XI BMW. I purchased my vehicle brand new..."

I own a 2007 328 XI BMW. I purchased my vehicle brand new from Open Road BMW of Edison, NJ. I've been having problems with the customer service as well as the services rendered on my vehicle. About 4 months ago (March 2013), I was experiencing problems with my vehicle (wouldn't start, no electrical power, etc). I called into BMW of Edison, and was told to have my vehicle towed in. Within an hour or so, my vehicle started and I was able to drive my car home and park it. After having it sit without idling, I attempted to try and start my car, but no results, no power, and had to manually use the key to open the door. I began looking online and type in the problems/symptoms that my car was having, and came across a forum that had a link (www.reuters.com), and found that there was a RECALL on my vehicle...dated Feb 2013. I never received this notice in the mail. A day later, I was able to start my vehicle, and brought it into Open Road BMW for service. I spoke to the service advisor who asked me what problems I was experiencing. I explained everything to him, yet he failed to mention anything about a recall to me until I reached for my phone, clicked on the link, and showed him what I had found online. (BMW is over a MULTI_MILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE/COMPANY/ESTABLISHMENT. You work for BMW and are supposed to be aware of any recalls, newest models...just being KNOWLEDGEABLE of the product, manufacturer, and in this case, "VEHICLES" that are being sold and serviced) Then, he mentioned, "oh yeah, that recall!!" I felt like he was trying to get over on me, and had I NOT done the research, was knowledgeable, nor mentioned this recall to him, I would've been responsible for the costs of service.    A couple hours later, I received a call from the service advisor, informing me of the diagnosis of my vehicle, which in turn, turned out to be the recall (electrical problem). At this time, he also informed me that I needed a battery...that my battery would not "hold a charge!" I disputed with the service advisor, but he assured me that I needed a new battery and the charge would be $349.00. I informed the advisor to go ahead with the service.When my vehicle was complete, the service advisor called to say so. My father and I came to pick up my vehicle. I asked for the battery that "was NOT HOLDING A CHARGE," from out of my vehicle, and was informed that I could NOT have it. Randy Smith (who no longer works there), informed the service advisor that I could have my battery. I was determined to take my "old, non-holding a charge battery," to a place that would be honest, and NOT give me false information; a place where they are HONEST, show/have PRIDE, have INTEGRITY, not a place that takes ADVANTAGE of its customers (the reason BMW exists). After being told by Randy that I could have my battery, it went from, the technicians work station has several batteries there, and we don't know which battery belongs to your car. Supposedly, they reached out to the technician by calling, paging, or texting him/her. I waited 15-20 minutes for someone to inform me of what was going on, yetno one did. So, I took it upon myself to find out, and no results. So, I asked the service advisor that was present if the technician called back, and he said no. Then, within that time frame, my battery was now in the back where the recycled batteries are kept for a charge-back. I still inquired about my battery days later, and I was told that I didn't have a BMW battery. However, I've never had my battery replaced. Something sounds weird here. I definitely feel that I should be REIMBURSED of my $349.00 due to the lack of communication, customer service, dishonest workers, etc.    Recently...the last week or two of May 2013, I brought my car in for service. I had an oil change done at Jiffy Lube in Virginia (couldn't get in a BMW out of state because of appointments), and they messed it up(oil cap wasn't screwed on properly), and the rest speaks for itself. To make a long story short, oil was pumping all over the engine, wires, hood, smoking, flames were seen, etc). I had taken pictures of the oil that spewed all over my car (under the hood). The Corporate office took car of the bill and sent your dealership (Open Road BMW) a check for $753.00, without any questions, concerns, arguments, disputes, etc. They willingly and responsibly took accountability on their part for their actions, errors, mistakes, and most of all customer satisfaction.   When my car was complete of service at Open Road BMW, I received a phone call from Jim Crowe. He informed me that my vehicle was ready for pickup. Therefore, I came to pick up my vehicle, ONLY to find out once I got into my vehicle, that my windshield had been cracked on the passenger side!!! And, I'm not talking a small crack. I was NEVER given an informative or even a courtesy phone call informing me of the problem/situation, which to me shows HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! I was furious, and felt disrespected. A lot of emotions were running through me. I immediately approached the service advisor at the time, Jim Crowe, who's now the supervisor/ manager of the service department. I informed Jim that there was a BIG problem; that someone had broken my windshield while servicing my vehicle, and wasn't truthful enough, man/woman enough, or responsible enough to document, report, etc this situation. Jim came outside, examined my vehicle, checked paperwork to see if a cracked windshield was noted/documented anywhere. NOTHING was found. I was informed by Jim that this matter would be taken care of!!! For the record, when I receive a loaner vehicle when my car comes in for service, I treat the loaner vehicle as thought it was my car. And, when my car is in for service, I expect my car to be treated, and taken care of as such!!! I know BMW has some type of CODE OF CONDUCT, PLEDGE, etc. I had 10 DEADLY ERRORS IN THE POLICE ACADEMY!!!   After leaving my car at Open Road BMW for service on my windshield, I received another call that my car was completed and ready for pickup. En route to Open Road BMW, my stomach was in knots, started experiencing a headache, and was very uneasy, due to what I've experienced in the last few months. I didn't know what to expect. So, I get my vehicle, inspecting around the vehicle for any damages. Once I got home, I noticed that my new windshield was not the same as my REAR and SIDE Windows (Pilkington w/ BMW logo). I then start looking online and start reading things. I immediately called Jim and left a message for him. I realized that I was given an AFTERMARKET WINDSHIELD..."Pilkington Solar." I took the initiative and called BMW of North America and informed the representative of the situation; I gave a rundown of everything. They informed me to "work" with Open Road on the windshield matter. If nothing is done, then call back, which I did and have done.   After receiving a callback from Jim, I informed him that my wipers weren't working properly on this new windshield. When I used the automatic option for my wipers (it was raining cats and dogs), it was not reacting correctly.It was not compatible with the "new (aftermarket windshield)." Apparently, the reason my wipers were not working properly, was because the sensors were never replaced. However, I expressed to Jim that I've never had any problems with my previous windshield (my OEM PILKINGTION w/BMW LOGO), and that I wanted my BMW windshield back. He told me to bring in my car and that he would talk to Randy Smith about this matter. I did bring my car in as Jim instructed me to.I stressed to Jim that all I wanted was for my windshield to be replaced with my BMW windshield, that BMW service technicians cracked/broke. Three days later, I was called to pick up my vehicle before I went into work. I arrived at BMW, and spoke to the receptionist. She gave me a paper to sign. However, I waited to sign my paperwork, until after examining my car. After inspecting my car, I noticed the SAME windshield on my vehicle (aftermarket). Instead, sensors were replaced. Since then, my side mirror (driver side) has been moving/adjusting on its own, and it hasn't done that before. My screen in the dashboard has gone blank twice (as if the car was turned off), and the bluetooth screen/notification was on while I was on the phone, but the bluetooth was turned off. I have NO IDEA whats going on. However, what I do know is, that after those sensors were replaced, these problems started.   Now, to make a long story short, I ended up speaking with both Jim Crowe and Randy Smith. I tried to get my point across to them. I informed Randy that would be contacting BMW of North American, and he said for me to contact them and see what they can do (as if he knew that nothing would be done). I contacted Lauren (supervisor), and she informed me that she had spoken to Randy. She said that there was nothing that could be done because I was given a "BMW APPROVED WINDSHIELD." I asked Lauren to speak to someone higher than her position, and I was told that there was no one higher that I could speak with; that she was the Supervisor of the department, and this would be as far as it would go. She stated that she would put in a complaint, and I informed her that it should have been a complaint in the their system (BMW of NA), being that I contacted them before and this was my second or third time. After being stressed out and overwhelmed, being pushed around and getting the run around, and being taken advantage of, I contacted an associate/friend of mine of a BMW dealership (service and parts department),and was given the breakdown of how everything works/operates. I then called Randy and left a message for him to contact me, leaving my name and cell #.  Two weeks had gone by, and still no response to my message. I allowed another week to pass by, and I called the same direct # that I had for Randy, and it was Jim Crowe's voice. Jim called me back within 15-20 minutes, and listened to what I had to say.   At this time, it was almost August, and I'm was still experiencing issues with this replacement windshield. This had become more than just an issue. I was considering getting an attorney because it was becoming a LIABILITY!!! I could not see out of this window. There was DEFINITELY an issue, and I needed it to be dealt with. I have pictures and videos to show proof, and would like to show Kosta Pappas and Rod Ryan.    If changes were not made to my windshield, I thought about speaking to/with Kosta Pappas.    On August 7, 2013, my vehicle was brought in to have the correct windshield installed, to have the driver mirror checked out again because it was still re-positioning on its own, a vehicle check (which I never received a printout, or spoke to a technician/service advisor, informing me of my vehicle check. ie: tire treads, brake squeaks, alignments, etc.), and to have my right fog light replaced. Recently, I informed my friend of my fog light, gave him the part #, and asked him about the pricing. I was overcharged with that as well. I was charged $157 (rounding off) for a fog light, and was told that I should have been charged $137.22. I'm not sure why one BMW parts department would cost/charge more than another parts department (for the same part). It just makes one wonder, how HONEST people are, and how they sleep at night, when they've cheated another individual.   Again, my vehicle was brought in for service on August 7, 2013 as stated above. I've been going back and forth with BMW (Anthony Sinno and Jim Crowe). My windshield was eventually replaced with a BMW Pilkington, however, it was not the correct windshield. My ORIGINAL windshield was a green BMW Pilkington (green windshield, green/grey shade band, rain sensors w/ the condensation sensor, and bonded kit because I have the Automatic Climate Control/Comfort (S354A). I informed Jim via email on numerous times of this matter and that part # 51317186790 should be ordered. I've done my research, have called several BMW parts departments, spoke to a friend of mine, and was informed that part # 51317186790 was available, when looking up parts with my VIN #, as well as without.    This matter has been drawn out way too long, dragged enough, and did nothing but cause an inconvenience in my life, my work, and my satisfaction. I feel drained, stressed, aggravated, and dissatisfied with the service of Open Road BMW. I've  been taken advantage of,  and it seems as though Open Road is slacking in caring for their customers. I will NEVER recommend another family, friend, etc to your dealership. I LOVE the car, but the service is ATROCIOUS, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Again, when I receive a loaner vehicle when my car comes in for service, I treat the loaner vehicle as thought it was my car. And, when my car is in for service, I expect my car to be treated, and taken care of as such!!!   I was referred to speak to/with Kosta Pappas and/or Rod Ryan about this matter.They both need to be aware and informed of whats going on. I will be contacting an attorney from here on out, because i refuse to be inconvenienced anymore, taken advantage of, or trust Open Road BMW with my car. This is clearly informative.

Randy Smith, Jim Crowe, and others

GoogleMember
7/27/2013

"Took me with my child to pick up my purchased vehicle in..."

Took me with my child to pick up my purchased vehicle in a car that had no gas and left me stranded on the side of the road for over 45 minutes with my child. Sales Manager completely unapologetic and rude. Pushed us to the side. Please avoid this dealership by all means, the worst customer service i have ever experienced by any place of business!!

Jamal Sutton

happy_bmwer
6/09/2013

"I wanted to take an opportunity to express my sincere..."

I wanted to take an opportunity to express my sincere gratitude and satisfaction with the overall services provided at Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ. I have been leasing with this dealer for about 6 years, and the quality of the employees here is top-notch. I will not lease from anywhere else. David J. Rojas is the most helpful, patient, friendly, knowledgeable, salesman and person. And I hope that his work does not go unnoticed because he is one of his kind. He's been in the business for many years and has a genuine love for cars. He does not seem out to just 'make the sale', but make his customer happy. I am very happy. I was involved in an accident prior to my latest lease and he truly made what could have been a depressing time a wonderful one. David got me my dream car. I want to also mention the sales manager, Charles Dellow, who is of great help, and made the deal happen for me. I am very thankful. I absolutely love my car! There are many dealers around; however, going to Open Road BMW, I feel secure that if I ever have any issues, they always address them immediately; if I need help with purchase, they are incredibly helpful; the service department is excellent; and I drive a beautiful car safely, knowing that I have a dependable dealer behind me and not some place that is sketchy. Open Road BMW is certified BMW. The dealer itself is clean and inviting. You'll have a great experience being a part of this dealership. I know drive a beautiful White Convertible with saddle-brown interior and am a very happy driver.

David J. Rojas; Charles Dellow

CarGuyUSA
5/11/2013

"Very good car buying experience. They were very..."

Very good car buying experience. They were very professional throughout. I test drove 3 cars before getting a 7. They gave good pricing, and followed up a few times after I got the car. This was definitely a very "un-car dealer" experience --- they were great!

Roosevelt Morency, Kosta Pappas, Charles, Michael

NYCGS350
3/12/2013

"My 335 lease was up, I made an appointment to test drive..."

My 335 lease was up, I made an appointment to test drive the 535 with David King. Unfortunately, he was busy and referred me to Clifton. We ended up test driving 3 different models and finally decided on one. Clifton was very professional and patient during the whole time and if he did not know something, he made sure to find out and give us the correct info. We signed papers and ordered the car the same day, Clifton went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. I will recommend Clifton to anyone looking for a new BMW.

Clifton Prescod

rosee12e
3/01/2013

"The service Mr. Poznyak provided was exceptional. He was..."

The service Mr. Poznyak provided was exceptional. He was very professional, pleasant and always very responsive. I would certainly recommended him to others.

Eugene Poznyak

vladimirkanyev1
2/16/2013

"I have had a very positive experience with Pre-owned Open..."

I have had a very positive experience with Pre-owned Open Road BMW. Everyone from my salesman Eugene Poznyak to the owner and the finance department were very helpful. They took my trade-in and gave me full value for it. I will definitely recommend Eugene Poznyak as a salesperson to anyone who is looking for a quality hi-end vehicle. I have already sent friends to him.

Eugene Poznyak