Portland Volvo

9 US Route 1 ,
Scarborough, Maine 04074
Portland Volvo Info
About Portland Volvo

Now celebrating 40 years serving Southern Maine, Portland Volvo has built an excellent reputation for high levels of service and customer satisfaction. We're easy to find, located at 9 US Route 1 on the South Portland / Scarborough town line. We provide new and pre-owned sales, service, parts and financing for Volvos and service and parts for Saab. We also have a diverse selection of European, Japanese and Domestic automobiles. From Camden to Kittery, Brunswick to Bangor and all points in between, Portland Volvo is where Maine comes to buy a Volvo!

About Portland Volvo Learn More

• Free Loaner Service
BarbaraG
9/27/2016

"Fabulous customer service! "

Just purchased my third Volvo from Portland Volvo. Why? Solid, consistent customer service that is efficiently executed with kindness and consideration. The service department is the best I have ever dealt with for any vehicle, and when it's time to buy a new car, ask for Ralph D'Angelo - his follow through is excellent and he makes car buying a pleasant experience. Lastly, despite living in NH, my sale was flawless. When I went to register my car, all the paperwork was in order and it was super easy to do across state lines. You won't go wrong with Portland Volvo!

Nica
5/30/2016

"Great Experience"

On Wednesday I bought a 2011 S-80 at Portland Volvo with the help of Michael. He was terrific as well as the rest of the group. This is the fourth Volvo I have bought from this dealership. Living in York I could go to Exeter but after working with Bryan Woodworth in the Service Department here at Portland Volvo, I have chosen to work with him each time. I trust his judgement and he explains things happening with my cars so I can make a good decision. This is the first time I have bought a used Volvo. It looks brand new and drives like a dream. If you want a Volvo, check with Michael and then work with Bryan. You will be well satisfied.

Linda S
4/08/2016

"So happy with my 2014 Volvo S60! (Ask for Colin Mack)"

Recently purchased my vehicle with the help of Colin and the rest of the team. Everyone was friendly, very professional and easy to work with. I highly recommend Portland Volvo and Colin Mack when you are in the market for a vehicle.

Curt Hodges

April 08, 2016

Hey Linda !! Thanks so much again for such kind words. We really did enjoy working with you and your adorable doggy !! We hope to get an opportunity to work with you again in the future !!

jen12m
2/15/2016

"Most Knowledgable and Helpful Dealer (ask for Mark)"

Since November I have been in the market for a new safe vehicle for the family, of course safe being the key word. I don't think you could get a more safe and amazing vehicle than the new 2016 Volvo XC90 and I don't honestly think you can get a better car buying experience than buying your car from this dealer. I went to many, many dealers since November, and I have never seen a group of people more passionate and knowledgable about their product which is inclusive of all the safety features, as well as all the other "fun" stuff you can get in this vehicle. If your in the market for a new car, I would come to Portland Volvo. Mark Straffin was amaaaaazing through this process, he was very patient and helpful. He always kept me in the loop of what the newest cars they were getting in, or that had come off the truck that might meet our family's needs. He went above and beyond with making sure our family got exactly what they needed and more. Even responded to my text on his day off. CoDy also helped with this process and hands down the best pictures of all the cars on the lot, of any dealership I have ever seen. He is also so passionate about what he does and helpful with any question. If he doesn't know the answer, he will be sure to get the answer right away. So I'll end with, have you ever left a car dealership, and hugged your car salesperson, well I just did, and that to me is a home run! Keep up the great work Portland Volvo, you're definitely doing something right.

April 19, 2016

Hey Jen !! I am so ashamed that I did not respond to this sooner, I am terribly sorry !! Thanks so much for such an amazing story, it was so awesome working with you and your family, we loved working with you guys and enjoyed spending so much time together. Mark usually brings you guys up a few times a week about how awesome customers can be, so thank you so much and we look forward to working with you throughout the future !!

Nancy G
2/13/2016

"Buying a Car does not have to be a horrible experiance"

I cant believe I actually enjoyed the process of buying a car and waking away feeling like I got the best deal Portland Volvo has a life long customer!

February 15, 2016

Hey Nancy, Thanks for another great review, you were amazing and we were so happy to make the whole process smooth. Once again, we are honored that we have earned you as a customer for life. Looking forward to many more memories !!

keyguy
2/01/2016

"Yes, I'm the "key" guy! Great Customer Service!!"

True story. My son comes home from UMaine for winter break and needs minor repair work done on his Saab 9-3. We take it to a local mechanic in Windham and drop it off on a Tuesday night. I get a call Thursday that the mechanic can't get the car started. He states he thinks he can get the key fixed (by taking it apart) and/or get a couple of other fobs that can be programmed for the Saab. Bottom line, 2 weeks later and he has not been able to get any key to work.(????) It's time to take it to a Saab dealership; Portland Volvo. The technicians there let Bryan Woodworth in the Service Department know that of the 2 keys that were dropped off with the Saab, neither one belonged to the car and the key (and ignition box) will need to be replaced. This is not a cheap option and I am furious with 1st mechanic's ineptness/delays. Dave Cleveland (Service Manager at Portland Volvo), called me back and was empathetic to my situation. Even though we are a first time customer, Dave offered a deal on the new keys and labor already rendered, and handled a recall item on the Saab within 48 hours. Great Customer service by Bryan Woodworth and Dave Cleveland at Portland Volvo! I would highly recommend their services in the future, whether you are a long time customer or a first timer like us! Thank you gentlemen!

joyful
1/16/2016

"Excellent service!"

I had a great experience with Ralph at Portland Volvo. He was very easy to work with and I'd recommend him to anyone buying a used or new car. I have been a customer at Portland Volvo for over 30 years.

February 15, 2016

Thanks so much for the great review, and thank you so much for your continued loyalty ! We love Ralph too and we are honored to have him part of our team. Looking forward to working with you again in the future !!

Shannonb1986
1/15/2016

"Positive Experience!!"

My husband and I had such a positive experience at Portland Volvo! Mark was so great to work with throughout the whole buying process, we both very highly recommend him to anyone who wants to work with all around honest, caring and great person. Mark Straffin responded quickly to any questions we had over the process of deciding which vehicle was the perfect fit for us. We have nothing but great things to say about this dealership. If you want to work with a salesmen who walks you through the buying process with ease, Mark is your guy!

February 15, 2016

Hey Shannon, Thanks for the amazing review of Mark, he's one of the new guys so we are so ecstatic when customers love him as much as we do !! It was awesome working with you guys and we look forward to working with you in the future !

Jayne
1/04/2016

"service appt."

I will continue to purchase Volvos in the future just so I can use this companies service department...they are that good! Thanks folks, Jayne H.

Driver 1028
1/03/2016

"Consistent service"

Q Recently, my 1996 ,Volvo 850 needed service, and I was not only devastated, but also considering buying another car, not necessarily a Volvo. I have been a Vovlo customer since 1985 and have been pleased with the cars and the service department. I than helped me mepake the right decision to repair my 850. Everyone in. the service department was so accommodating, and I adored my loaner. My repaired 850 purrs, thanks to great guaranteed work by Portland Volvo service department. Barbara E. December, 2015

Reviews of Ralph D'Angelo