Rensselaer Honda

Rensselaer Honda Info

Mohawk Honda

MWHondaShopper
1/08/2016

"Won't let my mechanic inspect the vehicle"

I stopped by Rensselaer Honda looking to buy a used Honda CR-V. I found one I liked and their sales representative Audrey was very kind. I live about an hour away and so does my mechanic. When I asked them if my mechanic could inspect the car, their sales manager Joe said that that wasn't an option because he was too far away. When asked if I could have assurance that I could reverse the sale, they gave me a song and dance about having title trouble, which is a lie and borders on consumer fraud. They flatly wouldn't let me inspect the vehicle with a mechanic of my choosing, and this shows them to either be dishonest, incompetent, or unsure of the quality of their service department. In any of those cases I refuse to buy from them. Both Mohawk Honda and Lia Honda said they are willing to let me take a car to my mechanic for inspection with a deposit and an employee escort. I would stay away from Rensselaer Honda unless you like to gamble on the quality of your purchase.

Audrey and Joe

kahooper4
11/02/2015

"TERRIBLE SERVICE"

I purchased a 2013 Acura MDX a little over a week ago (43K miles). I had been doing research for a couple of months...already test drove similar vehicles, knew exactly what I was looking for. I saw the vehicle I wanted online at Rensselaer Honda. I immediately contacted the online sales person, exchanged a few emails, and text messages, went in that Saturday morning for a test drive. I was a very easy sell to say the least! Our salesman was fairly new...but nice! It was a cold morning...and the test drive route is very short, on all back roads (nothing over 45MPH). We had the heater fan blowing full blast, so couldn't hear any abnormal noises coming from the vehicle. I made the purchase and picked the vehicle up later that day. As I drove it for 2.5 days I noticed multiple things that sounded/felt weird. A vibration in the steering column when turning, an issue with the RPM's between 1-2K, a dragging noise from the brakes (although I was told the brakes were brand new), also a few chips in the paint, which I didn't notice until later that evening (once the frost was off the vehicle). I made an appointment brought the vehicle in...I was given a rental car (Only good thing that came from this experience). They had my car for 2 days...trying to get a hold of them, was terrible, emailed the service adviser Blake, and he never returned my emails. He called me ONCE, one time to tell me the status of the vehicle....which was, NOTHING WAS WRONG!!! Although I've done tons of research, and these vehicles are infamous for torque converter and transmission issues....they refused to give me a print out of the vehicles data showing that the TC was operating properly. They told me the vibration in the steering column was "operating as designed"....and they never even addressed the fact that the vehicle had damage to the front driver bumper. I spoke with 3 different Honda AND Acura dealers.....they say that these issues do not sound "normal"! The customer service I received was TERRIBLE, awful....I wouldn't take my scooter to this placed to be fixed! Not to mention, my salesman, Ryan....I thought was so nice, riiiiight! I would text him asking questions and letting him know of the issues....I got one line responses....and when I told him how unhappy I was he NEVER RESPONDED!!!! Haven't heard from him since! I emailed the GM, and a sales manager letting them know of my experience....and still almost a week later I have not heard a peep from anyone!!!! I'm not asking for much....just acknowledge the terrible experience I had, that's all! So I am doing as any unhappy customer is...I'm telling EVERYONE I can about the awful experience with this dealership. DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM THIS PLACE....and especially DO NOT GO THERE FOR VEHICLE SERVICE!

Ryan M. (Internet Sales) Glenn (Finance guy), Kathy (Service Adviser), Blake (Service Adviser)

Rod
10/11/2015

"Car in accident while there for repair, boycott this dealer"

My son is taking the car back to college and I wanted the new brakes put on along with a 100,000 mile service. They told me I would need to leave if for the day. It took more than a day, they never replaced the brakes as I had requested and when I went to pick my car up there was substantial damage to the front quarter panel and bumper. The car had been either driven into something or hit while in their lot. The service manager came out and walk around the car talking about all the other dings and then told me I had no proof and should just inform my insurance company. They refused to deal with this. The car was in their care. I dropped it off in the service garage where they take your information and the keys, they had control of the car and kept it in back and moved it into the shop where it would have been repaired and no customers drive back there. The outrage is just too much. Boycott these folks. There other Honda dealers in the area.

Service Manager

Tmg33
9/11/2015

"Deceiful, rude, condescending; need I say more?"

I purchased my Accord in June, 2013. The salesman didn't have to work too hard...he and I knew the sale was going to happen. I walked out feeling that it was a fair deal and looked forward to delivery day. That's when the deceit began. I was given 1 key fob and 1 valet key. When I questioned the salesman I was told that this was protocol. I was stupid to fall for this obvious lie. He had assured me that the valet key was just as useful as the fob. Not! My first trip to the service department was sooner than it should have been. The passenger seat air bag light began displaying for no apparent reason. Al, in the service department told me it was probably because " we weren't sitting correctly" in the seat! Really? Reluctantly, I brought the car in a few days later to have the problem rectified. I was called the morning after I dropped off the car by a very disgruntled and rude, Al, the same man who accused us of not sitting the correct way in the passenger seat. He stated that I left the wrong key, and the car could not be moved, and that I had to bring the correct key to him immediately. You guessed it...I had left the valet key and unbeknownst to me, this key would not work! Needless to say, I insisted that I was given a second fob when I picked up the car. I was given one but my valet key was not returned. Upon completion of service I was told nothing was wrong with airbag and it was a simple display error. Two weeks later, I was back for the same problem and a different service person actually found the problem and fixed it. Amazing. In an attempt to shorten my story I will summarize. Each time I have brought this car in for scheduled maintenance or a specific issue, I have had to bring it back within a week to have something else fixed. They either didn't follow my directives or were totally inept. My car is 2 years old, with less than 8,500 miles and it has required more service than my previously owned 10 year old Camry. I am so dissatisfied with this place that I intend to trade this car in at another Honda or Toyota dealer. I have written a letter to the owner of Rensselaer Honda and am going to contact the Honda corporation about this dealership. I will let you know what happens. My recommendation is to find another dealership in the area if you want to purchase a car. Don't let them deceive you like they did me.

Too many to list: Al, William, the service manager.

Eeyore
7/04/2015

"Stay away"

Bottom feeders, stay away from this dealer at all cost, you are better off buying off Craig's list.. This dealer created the worst buying experience we ever have had while purchasing a car.. We have bought 4 Honda cars before not from these fools.. Buy a Honda just not from these clowns..

Mike sales manager

Mark L
5/02/2015

"Check your service bill carefully"

Differential oil costs under $10 if bought direct from the Parts department. You'll find it for $50 on your service bill. These folks like to boast how they're different from the rest but succumb to the same crooked schemes. Not recommended.

frencheyes19
2/26/2015

"I needed a car"

The people at this dealer are amazing. Not only did I get the best deal ever, I felt the honesty and yes the love that they have for other people and for what they do. I especially want to thank Mike Smith, and Ray Ramirez for their hard work in getting me the deal that I needed with my budget. I love the Civic that I got. It is everything I needed. God has Blessed me once again and I am so thankful for all he does. God Bless the people at Rensselaer Honda in Troy NY Thank you Again Betty Abbey

Mike Smith, Ray Ramirez, I don't remember the man that did the financial part but him also.

npeek
9/04/2014

"Great Service in sales by Dino"

Dino was the most honest sales man I have ever met. He is very knowledgeable and honest. I had a great experience with Dino and I would buy another car from him. This is the only dealership where I did not wait a long time and where I was not getting ripped off. I appreciate Rensselaer Honda's integrity and humbleness. I would recommend going there to buy a car. Even if you have to travel, it is worth the drive.

Dino Omeragic

Hlm33
8/06/2014

"Worst car buying experience of my life"

I bought a new car from them about a month ago. The delivery of my car was a nightmare. The person who was supposed to teach me how to use the HTMI cord to use the Honda Connect system couldn't teach me how to even use the Bluetooth on the car. I knew more about it than he did. It was honestly like watching an 80 year old person struggle to use a smart phone. He was their trained technician. Needless to say my Honda Connect feature still doesn't work right. I can't get texts to pop on the screen even after watching multiple YouTube videos and speaking with Honda support. Less than two weeks in I started having technical issues and noticed my car having lots of rust on it. I contacted the dealership and they wouldn't return my emails or calls. I finally got an email back from Chris Moyer saying rust is normal and the stuff they used to coat cars with to make them not rust is illegal. (Ok.. It's been a month since owning the car and there's no body damage. I traded in a 2012 and this didn't happen so this seemed odd to me. I kept pushing.) The Bluetooth on the car is very choppy and breaks up a lot. No one has any idea what I am saying half of the time. I continued to email the manager, Chris ignored my emails and calls. Then Mike the salesman finally answered a week later saying my emails went to my junk mail. When I asked that they kindly forward them to me, they couldn't provide them. I requested the president call me. He hasn't. I google his name because they refused to give it to me and emailed him. I resorted to social media and was contacted by Kelley Wallace who then deleted her comments and blocked me. I wasn't vulgar or inappropriate to her. What this dealership is doing is childish. I have a ton of emails backing up my contact with this dealership since phone calls are harder to prove. I took pictures of the social media as well. All I am asking is that this dealership contact me to address my concerns. Any concern about my car cannot be assessed over an email. Just like a doctor can diagnosis a condition over a phone, I'm sure you can't diagnosis what is or isn't wrong with my new car without seeing it. I dislike that all of the blame is being placed on me the customer who made one of the largest purchases of my life. I have tried numerous ways to contact them and resolve the issues with my car. I shouldn't have to post on social media or contact honda corporate to get repairs to my vehicle. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Once they had my money they no longer were of any help to me. Oh and lastly the most minor detail. They left the sticky stuff on my car door from removing the plastic the car is delivered in. This still hasn't been removed. It was supposed to be removed when my fiancé came back in to lease a new Pilot with Mike. Mike said he would take care of that no problem when we came back to test drive them. It seems like the second we weren't giving them more money is the second they no longer wanted to help us out. I have bought used cars and have never ever been treated this way.

Mike Wilbur Chris Moyer

Acassale
5/16/2014

"Piloteer "

Kathy and Blake were very knowledgeable and accommodating. The issue with my pilot was diagnosed and resolved quickly and thoroughly. I was at another dealership that could not identify the problem. A friend told me to go to rensselear honda. I was told they were great and they were.

Mark Budka