Ridgeland Auto World

Ridgeland Auto World Info

Daniell Motors

I8A 4RE
12/22/2014

"DO NOT TRUST...End of story."

I took the reviews on Cars.com at face value. I was wrong for doing so. I'm starting to believe Ridgeland Auto World simply creates accounts on Cars.com and makes false reviews in order to lure buyers. I purchased a 2006 Corvette from Jeffrey and Marc and have had nothing but the absolute worst customer service and attitude I have ever seen in a dealership since then. Let me give you a little insight into where I am speaking from. I'm not new to car dealerships, the auto industry or sales and customer service. Not by a long shot. I grew up in the auto industry, as a matter of fact. My grandfather was a retired GM executive, working there since the day he came back from WWII until his retirement in 1977. My mother was a Chevrolet dealership General Manager for almost the entire 1980s. While I was in high school, I worked in the body shop of a Cadillac dealership near home. I currently make my living in the automotive industry, to this day. I am not new to cars and car buying. So back to my purchase... I live in Memphis, TN. After searching for almost 6 months, I finally found a Vette that was within the parameter of years and miles that I was looking to purchase. It was VERY high on the range of price I was willing to pay, but I was looking at this purchase as a weekend driver that was going to be a "garage Queen" for the most part and only driven on sunny weekends as I travel extensively for work during the week. I wanted it just right. Anyone who grew up when I did, where I did, with Corvette in their blood, knows that it isn't a purchase you take lightly and it is a long-term investment of time, money and passion. So I read all the dealer reviews, weighed the options and took the plunge. Drove the 3 hours to Jackson, MS and made the purchase of what I was hoping would be one of my dream cars and a check on my "Bucket List." I was wrong. I drove the Corvette home on a Saturday afternoon. Parked it in my garage and detailed it for hours. Wasn't able to drive it again for several days as it began raining almost daily for a week. If there's one thing I learned from my father (and I learned more than this...I hope) as he was an avid classic muscle car collector himself, up until his death, was that you don't drive them in the rain, you don't drive them in the snow and you don't drive them like an idiot. End of story. On my third time of actually having the chance to drive my Vette (this was less than one week and less than 300 miles), I had a check-engine light come on. I immediately took it to my local GM dealer (whom I have had a long-term relationship with having bought my last 3 vehicles from and serviced with) and they ran diagnostics to find that the engine had a faulty air-intake system that, if not replaced, would cause complete engine failure in short time. I emailed Jeffrey and Marc about the issue. Asked them to be "stand-up" guys and handle the situation with the attention that it rightly deserved. I did not ask them for full repairs. Did not become profane or belligerent with them over the matter. Did not ask for anything more than what was an obvious standing problem with the very expensive Corvette to be repaired at ONLY 50% cost to them. An even share. Down the middle. Just as they said they would the day I bought it. The advise and response I received from Marc and Jeffrey was to: 1. have the check-engine light shut off. 2. drive the vehicle without concern for the issue. 3. If I felt they owed me anything for the manufacturer suggested repairs and to drive a safe vehicle, go ahead and sue them. I am currently in the process of filing suit against Ridgeland Auto World. Please save yourself this trouble. Don't be "taken for a ride." There are plenty of vehicles available, both new and used, of every make, model, year and mileage. Head on down the road and save yourself the unnecessary headache of dealing with Ridgeland Auto World that I am now enduring. You may never thank me, but you'll thank yourself!

Jeffrey, Marc

nrut1976
3/17/2013

"I was looking for a black Tahoe that had the new body..."

I was looking for a black Tahoe that had the new body style. I went to local dealerships and either they would take my number and never call or try to show me something else. When I went to Jeff he found exactly what I was looking for in a timely manner.

Jeff Wickweir

jacejalexander
3/15/2013

"RAW was the best experience I've had buying a car...."

RAW was the best experience I've had buying a car. Customer service- beyond exceptional. Didn't try to force anything, and helped a lot more than I thought they would.

Jeff Wickwier

DRWOODYSLEX
3/15/2013

"Initially, I was just passing by this place when I..."

Initially, I was just passing by this place when I noticed a black, Lexus LS460. It caught my eye so my hubby and I went back to look at it over the weekend. Miles were kind of high, so I decided I would wait and shop around some more. The following Monday or Tuesday at work, Grady called to see if I had changed my mind, and indeed, I had been looking at the site and noticed an ES 350 with low miles still under manufacturer warranty. It took me another week to decide, but when I did, the Hubby and I drove it off the lot the same day. It was an exceptional deal with all the "Bells and Whistles." The down side was I referred a family member and they brought a car within the next week, only to my dismay, I received no referral fee. All in all, I love this Lexus, when Volvo was my car of choice. Thanks, Lexus ES 350 lover.

Grady

stacyp2010
3/13/2013

"I was looking for something very specific when I was..."

I was looking for something very specific when I was shopping for my car. I wanted a specific color on a specific car, in a specific year range (so the body style would be the one I wanted) with low mileage (because I have a very lengthy communte to work) and Jeffrey found it for me! In record time too! I went in on a Saturday to look at a car they had on the lot -- ended up it had a 8 cylinder and I wanted a 6 for gas mileage purposes. So he went and found what I wanted! I had it by the next weekend for a great price! It made buying a car SO easy! I just let him do all the work. All I had to do was look at the pictures he sent me and when we found the one I just went in, signed papers and drove off in my beautiful new Infiniti!!! We highly recommend Jeffrey to everyone and we will definitely will go to Ridgeland Auto World when it's time to get my husband a new ride!

Jeffrey Wickwier

shudson1986
3/13/2013

"I had a great experience with Ridgeland Auto World. Our..."

I had a great experience with Ridgeland Auto World. Our salesman was attentive and patient. He listened to our wants and did his best to find just the right vehicle for us. Although we kept them all late, everyone involved in completing our deal was kind and patient. The features of our car were thoroughly demonstrated to us when we picked it up. We wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

Jeffery

Shoppegirl408
3/06/2013

"I was very interested in buying a particular car but felt..."

I was very interested in buying a particular car but felt the salesman didn't want me to drive it or move cars so that I could. As soon as I got in, he wanted me to seal the deal that day. I couldn't believe he expected me to buy without driving it. It turned me off so much thatI decided to look around even thought they had exactly what I was looking for and it wasn't a bad deal. There was no follow up call from him which also turned me off. He obviously didn't think I was serious but he was wrong! You CAN run off a real buyer!

Grady

RONDA1958
3/28/2007

"I LOVED THE WHOLE BUYING EXPERIENCE AT RIDGELAND..."

I LOVED THE WHOLE BUYING EXPERIENCE AT RIDGELAND AUTOWORLD. IT IS JUST TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER TIME I HAVE PURCHACED A CAR. FIRST OF ALL THE PRICE WAS RIGHT ON THE WINDOW. NO GOING BACK TO 5 DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WAS. IT WAS A FAIR PRICE ALSO. AUSTIN SHOWED ME THE NADA BOOK VALUE AND KELLY BLUE BOOK. I HAVE NEVER HAD A DEALER SHOW ME THAT. I GOT IT FOR $300 DOLLARS OVER THE TRADE IN VALUE AND $1995 BELOW THE RETAIL VALUE. I ALSO GOT A FREE CARFAX REPORT. I REALLY ENJOYED THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE. I WISH EVERBODY DID IT THAT WAY. SUPER SATISFIED

AUSTIN,MARC,SANDRA

tarah19135
5/20/2006

"After. purchasing a car from this dealership all..."

After. purchasing a car from this dealership all professional lines of communications are over. The overall attitude and behavior of the staff is poor. It is best to purchase a used vehicle from a larger dealership where if you should have questions and/or concerns you are able to resolve the issue with a professional. The competence of the staff is questionable along with the used cars that they have available.

Austin P.