Russel Volkswagen

About Russel Volkswagen

About Russel Volkswagen

Starman1x
5/19/2012

"Denny was great and very kind to our family while we..."

Denny was great and very kind to our family while we traded in our old car for a Eos we now lease. Everyone took notice of our daughters snuggle tooth which was a awesome experience for her. Thanks for all the grat work!

Dennis

mycruzr
4/06/2012

"I had notice a scratch on the right rear lens of my..."

I had notice a scratch on the right rear lens of my vehicle after I washed and dried the car after having it for about a week or so. After noticing this I was upset about it but not to the point of making some type of scene or anything. Right after the wash and dry I took my car directly back to Russel and informed them of the scratches. At first Mr. Jeff stated that they could not do anything, but when he had spoken to Mr. Cohen, the both of them looked at the area and it was decided that the lens would be replaced to no cost to me. Truly Russel treats their customers with full and undivided attention. The lens has to be ordered and will notify me when it comes in. Without cost to me. Russel VW truly made my day.

Jeff and Mr. Cohen

sauerjc
3/23/2012

"After returning to the Maryland area, I returned to a..."

After returning to the Maryland area, I returned to a previous salesperson whom I had a positive experience. David Lawell is very customer oriented and not only ensures that the car you purchase is the one you want and meets your needs, he does what it takes to make the deal. Dave is also very reponsive and follows up as promised. My purchase of a 2012 Golf TDI Tech package is by far the best car I've ever owned. By asking questions about my wants and needs in a car, Dave help guide me to the Golf TDI - letting me make all decisions along the way. This car feels 'right' for me, and even though Dave felt it was the perfect for me, he helped bring out what was most important. Dave then helped beat a deal from another local dealer. They may have not made a lot of money,but they did reacquire a loyal customer as long as Dave work there. After experiencing a post sale issue with the financial deal, Dave worked for two months trying to correct the error. I was becoming disenchanted with the post sale support by others (not Davis). After newly hired, General Manager Michael Colman was informed of my issue by Dave he promptly corrected the error to my satisfaction. Michael, like David is very customer oriented. Hopefully under his leadership, the entire dealership will focus on making customer service their top priority. I wouldn't mind paying more for a vehicle as long as the customer support pre sales, during the sale, and afterwards is top notch. A customer wants to feel that the dealership believes that they are important - these two individuals hae made me feel this way. I've also had very positive experience with the service department recently. I won't give out his name but I will continually ask for the same service tech. He is very good. I'd recommend to everyone to find a service tech they like and develop a relationship. This will help with your service experience hen needed. I always ask for the same tech. If you are in the market for a new Volkswagen be sure to look David Lawell up at Russel VW. I doubt you'll be disappointed. If you do happen to run in to a rare issue that you cannot get resolved, ask for Michael Coleman and I'm sure he will do his best to resolve the issue and ensure you are satisfied.

Dave Lawell, Michael Coleman

JE079
11/29/2011

"Dave Lawell and Russell Volkswagon made the car buying..."

Dave Lawell and Russell Volkswagon made the car buying experience easy and painfree for a family of four! After visiting three previous Maryland dealerships looking to trade in our Jeep SUV in for a minivan, we found ourselves at Russell Volkswagon. With two small children ages 5 and 2, we don't have a lot of time or patience to be spending an entire day on a dealer's lot. We researched the Routan and found a certified pre-owned at Russell that we wanted to test drive. Dave worked with us to ensure we had the monthly payments where we wanted them prior to even taking the vehicle for a test drive. When we arrived, Dave even helped remove carseats from my Jeep so that we could load them into the Routan for the test drive. We were allowed to test drive the vehicle by ourselves which I always appreciate. Once we knew we wanted it, we were at the dealership for less than an hour doing admin things like credit check, etc. We left, and returned about 4 hours later to a fully detailed van ready for us to take home. We spent about another 30 minutes in the dealership signing paperwork. By that time, they were closing for the night. Dave walked out with us and on his own time, spent an extra 45 minutes with my husband and I going over every detail and option. Dave's professionalism and his old school value & respect of customers will keep us coming back to Russell VW forever.

Dave Lawell

Mike Hickey
11/12/2011

"I have purchased or leased 7 VWs from Russel over the..."

I have purchased or leased 7 VWs from Russel over the past 15 years and they are wonderful to do business with--considerate, always helpful, honest and straightforward. When I have a maintenance call, I always know what to expect and appreciate their attentiveness. Our most recent purchase (today)was handled perfectly. This is what every dealership should aspire to.

Hans Ehrler, John Akers

doliner
11/02/2011

"We went to Russell VW after finding a very reasonably..."

We went to Russell VW after finding a very reasonably priced 2008 VW Rabbit. We talked with salesman Mike Blackstone on the phone. He met us outside the dealership and had the car prepped and ready for a test drive. He allowed us to go alone so we could comfortably discuss the car ourselves. Once back in the showroom, Mike was very low pressure and willing to work with us on price. While we did not end up buying the car, I would highly recommend Russell VW and Mike Blackstone in particular. This is by far the most pleasant automotive dealership experience I have had in my 10 years of purchasing cars.

Mike Blackstone

SpruanceVernon
8/22/2011

"Im 76 so needless to say dont move as fast as i use to. I..."

Im 76 so needless to say dont move as fast as i use to. I got in touch with Mr Lawson over the next about the purchase of a new jetta. He was polite and answered all the questions I asked him without no car salesman BS.I explained my old jetta had been flooded out during a recent storm and I had to wait for the insurance company to settle, he said no problem and he didnt pressure me at all(why i decided to do business with Russel instead of some other dealers i called). I called him back two days later and told him Id be coming in to look at the jettas as soon as I got a ride. He said no problem and to my surprise had someone pick me up.When i got there he kindly took his time to go over all the options,let me take a extra long test drive and didnt change the price he had quoted me like last time i bought a car somewhere else.Like i said I move slow so it took me around two hrs to go threw all the stuff and decide,he never got frustrated with me and let me work at my own pace.I was the best buying experience of my 76 years and would definitely recommend Mr Lawson

Mr Jake Lawson

Foresman
8/22/2011

"George is the reason I give Russel Volkswagen a high..."

George is the reason I give Russel Volkswagen a high rating. My beetle is 10 years old and needed quite a bit of work when I took it to the Russel shop. George was very friendly, arranged for a loaner car, and thoroughly explained everything that needed to be done. I'll admit I was rather distraught at the total price of repairs, but George helped me to prioritize the repairs, so that I could focus my very limited budget on the most important things. He patiently explained which items affected safety, so we could address those repairs first. He made alternate suggestions that would improve the car's performance and add to the lifespan of the parts I couldn't afford to replace at the time. George made me feel more confident about the choices by saying, "If it were my car, here's what I would do." When another part unexpectedly broke during the repair, George replaced it for free. I definitely recommend Russel Volkswagen, and highly recommend that if you take your car there for service, you speak to George. He is the best!

George Castaneda

ZierdtLizette
8/22/2011

"I have not yet had service on my new VW Golf TDI; I took..."

I have not yet had service on my new VW Golf TDI; I took delivery of the car on August 11th. The Russel associates work as a team. When I arrived, I was immediately greeted and they let Jake know I was there. He went through the electronics/navigation/blue tooth of the car with us and took us to fuel up the car. With regard to price, I did an extensive amount of research online so I was aware of dealer invoice, blue book value on my trade, as well as what a 'reasonable' price to pay for the car was. I had to push to get the price I wanted, but was willing to walk if the numbers didn't make sense for me. In the end, after some negotiating, I got the car for the price I wanted.

Jake Lawson,Dwayne Butler

bettyboop1950
8/07/2011

"I visited Russel VW in search of a new car. I was..."

I visited Russel VW in search of a new car. I was pleasantly greeted by a Sales Consultant by the name of Violet Ramos. She guided me over to the VW Eos and started to explain all the wonderful features of this vehicle. We took a test drive and I fell in love... This was the first vehicle that I have purchased on my own since my husband passed away. I felt very comfortable dealing with Violet. She was a very honest and thoughtful and made my buying experience that much more special. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Sales Manager Bill Goldsmith who was of great help. He was there to make sure that I was taken care of all the way to the end. I must say...this was a great dealership and I would definitely recommend it to everybody who is in search of a new car. Russel treats you like family..

Violet Ramos and Bill Goldsmith