Subaru Superstore

1050 S Gilbert Rd,
Chandler, Arizona 85286
Subaru Superstore Info
About Subaru Superstore

Subaru Superstore is Arizona's #1 Volume Subaru dealership and one of the highest ranked in Sales and Service customer satisfaction by Subaru of America. As a local family owned and operated business, we take tremendous pride in serving the East Valley community... after all, we have done so for over 35 years. I welcome you to experience what we have to offer and experience the outstanding amenities we offer...such as no charge Subaru Courtesy Service Loaner vehicles. We value our clients, ensure you are treated with the utmost respect before, during and after the sale and look forward to serving you for many years to come. Thank you. Richard Cvijanovich Owner - Subaru Superstore 480-268-2413 (Direct) richardc@shopsubaru.com

About Subaru Superstore Learn More

• Complimentary Bottled Water
  • Online Parts eStore
blurae
6/30/2016

"Sales Awesome, Service Accountability not so much!"

My sales experience in purchasing a pre-owned vehicle was great! So it only seemed that this positive experience would continue when it came time to have my vehicle serviced. Unfortunately, I'm sad to say this was not the case. My front bumper was to be fixed as it was separated from the frame and a protective clear coat & shampoo was to be done. My service advisor, Andrew Lawrence, told me bring in my vehicle the next day to have everything done. I live in NW Phoenix and since the service center was approx. 40 miles away in Chandler, Andrew offered to give me a car rental if I didn't want to wait. Since their service center had everything that I needed in the way of amenities and a variety of seating areas, I thought I'd be comfortable enough to wait it out. After about 3 hours Andrew told me that my vehicle was done, but the bumper needed a part that he couldn't get in until the following day. I was flying out of town the following day so he told me that when I returned from my trip that if I brought it in again, he would give me a rental car. When I got back in town, I drove my vehicle back to Chandler that morning to have the new part put in to correct/fix the bumper. I was called at the end of the day to pick up my vehicle. When I picked it up, to my surprise, the bumper clearly looked as it did when I originally brought it in. My service advisor, Andrew, tried to push in the bumper by hand and say that it was ok and it was the best they could do. I couldn't believe that the job had not been completed with the length of the time they had had my vehicle. After seeing that I was clearly not happy, Andrew said, "give me five minutes and let me have my technician look at it." When he returned, I could tell by the the look on his face that his technician was unable to just fix what supposedly took 3 hours, could be done in just five minutes. All of the apologies that Andrew gave didn't help me, as I knew that I was going to have to once again make another 80-mile round trip back for repairs. Once I got home, I left a message for the the Director of Service, Gil Watters, and expressed my disappointment of how this repair couldn't be done after supposedly ordering a specific part and having my vehicle twice and driving so far. Mr. Watters told me that I would have to bring the car back so that he could "make it right." When I expressed my unwillingness to make the drive again, he said, ..."I live just north of you and I make the same drive everyday to work!" I don't think this statement was appropriate to make to a customer and it had nothing to do with the fact that a service was not done after having my car brought in twice. He then said he would have to have my vehicle again to take it to an outside body shop, and he didn't know how long it would take. He said that for the trouble he would give me a rental, fill my tank with a full tank of gas and have it washed. He apologized for the inconvenience and reassured me that the repairs would get done. I drove my car in and dropped it off with Andrew again on a Monday morning. After two days of hearing nothing, I decided to call Mr. Watters to get an update. I received a call back from Andrew stating that my car would probably not be ready until the end of the week - and that he would call me when it was ready for pick up. At the end of the week, Friday midday, Andrew said that my vehicle was all set and ready to go. I was excited to finally be picking up my "new" vehicle that I had been away from, and finally would have repaired. My service advisor, Andrew, met me when I pulled up and stated that everything was done. He checked to make sure that the rental was filled with a full tank of gas as he asked me to do upon returning the rental (by the way the "free" tank of gas really wasn't considering that I had to fill up the rental), and handed me my keys to my vehicle. I went directly to the bumper to check it out, one side looked good but the other side was still separated. When I yelled, "are you serious?" Andrew knelt down and was mumbling about how when it arrived it didn't look like this. He then began trying to push the bumper in by hand. I told him that this was unacceptable and he agreed. He left to go inside and when he returned, he told me that Mr. Watters was conveniently not available and that he was "sorry" and gave me some excuse about it being the body shops fault. He also asked me if I could bring the car back in so that he could "take care of the repair to make it right!" I told him that he had my car more than three times to make it right and if it wasn't done now, he wasn't getting my car again. I asked for the "so-called" repairs to be printed up on a receipt, which he did and he attached Mr. Watters card and the body shop's card to my receipt. Andrew then told me that I could contact the body shop since they didn't do the work. What I don't understand is how a reputable company can tell you that your vehicle is repaired when it clearly is/was not. Is there not any accountability or responsibility on ANYONE'S part to make sure "THE JOB" IS done right?! I will not allow Chandler Subaru's Service department to touch my vehicle again. This is a shame because the service department made what was a positive buying experience a negative one! :( Signed, A Not So Happy Customer

Andrew Lawrence

Gary and Char Fujino
6/29/2016

"Best Experience Ever"

Our visit to Subaru Superstore to visit with Charlie Webb was effortless. We have not purchased a vehicle for the past 10 years. Charlie and the sales team were straight forward from the start regarding our possible trade and they were a wealth of knowledge trying to help us decide what we truly needed from our vehicle. Charlie could not have been more professional and knowledgeable about the Subaru brand and the dealership itself. He was very patient with our many questions regarding all parts of the buying process. We appreciated working with Pierre Evans as well. He made the finance end of things easy on us and was able to explain things to us as needed. The Subaru Superstore in Chandler was helpful, courteous, and patient with us, We were impressed with Charlie and the entire team. Thank you so much for a truly effortless, hassle-free experience.

Vero
6/28/2016

"Great customer service and no hassle dealership"

My family and I purchased 2 vehicles there within 4 weeks. We were lucky to have Seton as our sales representative both times. I like the no hassle, patient and easy to work with team at this location. The best part of this location is that it isn't owned by AutoNation. This is my third purchase from this Subaru store location and I continue to come back due to the professionalism, knowledge, genuine kindness and no pressure sales. Seton never once made me and or my family feel pressured into buying and allowed us the time to discuss things over to make sure that purchasing an updated vehicle was right for us. Marc helped us with the finance paperwork on my sons car and he was great at answering all of our questions as we signed paperwork. Brent was very nice and personable and took the time to answer any question that arose with the recent purchase of my vehicle. This is the place to buy a new and or used vehicle as you will feel the difference right away as you pull into the parking lot to walking into the building.

Brent Beck in finance

Shannen Haberly

"Great experience"

Wayne was great to work with and we truly felt he was working for our best interest. He was so helpful and went the extra mile!

PAB

"Great Service"

We received a friendly greeting from Justin and he led us around showing us the different models of the Outback. Justin answered all of our questions and seemed quite knowledgeable.. We picked our model and color and proceeded through the process. Took our new Outback on a road trip and had a question. Called Justin and he was able to help us over the phone. Have to say this has been the most pleasant car buying experience we have had...great service!

Ayuze
6/23/2016

"Patient and trustworthy"

Justin and Mark were very patient and friendly, the car was serviced and detailed, an 8 yr old car felt totally new, glad I went there. Will definitely refer people there.

Car
6/23/2016

"New Forester"

Wayne took a great deal of time helping me make just the right selections. He was patient and helpful and overall it was a very positive experience.

subaruforever
6/21/2016

"A Subaru customer forever"

In August 2015, I bought a Crosstrek from Subaru Superstore. From the start, trouble with the car's sound system was evident. Last week, Subaru offered to either buy back the car, or trade for a different model. I opted for a 2016 Forester. Throughout the ordeal, the help of Mr. Gil Watters was always there. He was attentive to the problems as I described them, and took every step to see that the problem was solved. He is a true diplomat for the Subaru Superstore. When I describe to friends and family the steps taken by Subaru, I am met with disbelief. Gil Watters led the effort that now has me driving a Forester. As a result, Subaru now has a life-long customer. The help given me by Gil Watters was matched by everyone with whom I dealt at the Superstore - Ryan Applebury, Rob Adkins, Bill Daily. A trying experience turned into a good one, one for which I am most appreciative.

Douglas Foster
6/18/2016

"First Subaru"

We took our time shopping for cars and visited the dealership several times. We dealt with the same sales person each time and were never pressured. From research online, I had good pricing information in a document which we used to agree quickly on a price. We did not finance or trade in a vehicle, so I can't say anything about that. When we picked up the Outback, we were shown how to use all of the features before we left. Overall, a very positive experience.

Jo Carrithers CPA
6/18/2016

"Earnhardt could take lessons"

This dealership epitomizes what a car dealer should be. Justin Butcher and all the people I dealt with there answered all my questions patiently and without pressure. I actually visited twice and took a lot of Justin's time. He knew his product very well and explained things in a way that this non-car person could understand. He knew I was comparing the Forrester to other cars and didn't pressure me to buy at all. In the end, I chose a different car, but it was hard because I really wanted Justin to get the sale. If you want a Subaru, I highly recommend Justin Butcher and this dealership.

Reviews of Christine   Weber