Sussex Honda

57 Hampton House Road,
Newton, New Jersey 07860
Sussex Honda Info
About Sussex Honda

Sussex Honda has built a reputation on providing courteous service. Our customers tell America Honda that they appreciate the way we do business. American Honda awards the dealers exceeding their high standards in customer satisfaction and production the respected Council of Excellence Award. Combining customer satisfaction accurate data entry has earned Sussex Honda this award for 7 years. Give Sussex Honda the opportunity to earn your Honda business!

About Sussex Honda

epseja
1/09/2015

"Patience and Accomodation"

I went to Honda after doing lots of online research. I knew what I wanted -- a 2013 or 2014 Civix EX or EX-L -- and I didn't want to have to bargain with a salesperson to get it at a price I could fit into my budget. In the end however, I found there was more to my decision than I originally believed. After Cheryl and David spent time looking for the exact car I wanted, it turned out that they had become scarce because of the year-end sales event. I was a bit dejected, but that was short lived. They then presented me with lots of good information and some figures that led me to consider a brand new 2015. The deal was sealed when a further discussion yielded a price that was perfect, and within my budget. During signing, Daniel was incredibly patient as we spent a good half hour working through all the possible iterations of 60 vs. 72 month financing against about six different extended warranty permutations. In the end, I wound up going with an 8-year, 120k mile warranty that will guarantee my car stays in tip top shape for many miles to come. Since I have no intention of "trading up", this plan just made sense. On the big pickup day, Eileen spent time to show me all the cool features of my new car. She was very thorough, answered all my questions, and even followed up by phone and email to see if I had any further concerns. In the end, my experience with Sussex Honda was excellent. Everyone with whom I spoke was genuinely enthusiastic about working with me, and I was given all the facts and figures I needed to make a well informed decision without any undue sales pressure.

Cheryl Eichner, Daniel Pole

ginny delotto
1/09/2015

"Sussex Honda is the BEST!"

I have been buying and leasing for years now and have never had a bad thing to say about Sussex Honda. As always the process was easy and my salesmen Jonathan Cruz and Gary Zinn made sure I got everything I wanted for the price I wanted to spend. I always feel like I am with family at Sussex Honda that is why I come back again and again. Service has always been five stars for me and don't see myself ever going any place else. Thanks Gary and Jon.

makpanter
1/07/2015

"Good experience again"

Second time this year purchasing new car from Sussex Honda,Brian was our salesman again and we are very happy for his help from the start to the end.Thanks a lot Brian!

lpeek
1/02/2015

"Brian was great to work with."

Brian was great to work with. He made buying a car an easy process. He helped us get what we wanted, took time to show us features of the car and made sure we were comfortable with it before we drove off the lot. He was honest and straight forward.

j
12/31/2014

"Best car buying experience to date"

This is the best car buying experience I've ever had, I go thru this process every 3-4 years given the amount of miles I put on per year for work. I bought my 12 civic si sedan from Joyce Honda in denville, what a nightmare that was. But given the situation I was in at that time I had to budge to their terms but I swore that I'd never do business with them again. So here it is in Dec of 2014 and I'm looking for a 14-15 civic si sedan in white. I went thru truecar.com to get prices and I came down to Paramus Honda and Sussex Honda. I emailed both of them and told them both that I'm not driving to a dealership until we can have an agreement on price in writing before I go there. I was upfront in my email that I was also looking at other dealerships and the one offers me the best price I was willing to go out there same day. I received prompt response from Sussex Honda's Internet sales manager Donna, she kept in communication with me until we have a price that I felt was good enough to take a drive to the dealership where as Paramus Honda's Internet sales rep Theresa only responded my email once to my quesions as if she doesn't read them and just kept replying with generic marketing email which pissed me off. She couldnt even answer a simple email of me asking to confirm if they were willing to match or beat sussex honda's offer. So off I go to Sussex Honda and met Donna in person, she then introdused me to Lou who was going to take care of my purchase, Lou was straight to the point since he saw that I drove a 12 civic si, he asked me if I needed him to explain anything but he thought I'd probably know just as much as him about the car since I told him I did my research online and I've driven Honda's all my life. So during our test drive in the new 2015 civic si sedan, he actually became buddies with my 3 year old son that was with me, but he still asked me from time to time if I had any questions for him which I didn't because I did my research already. So when we sat down to talk about the numbers he wasn't pushy or try to tell me that its only a few dollars higher than what you wanted to pay, you won't even feel the dofference, I have gone thru that with just about every car dealership I've ever been too but not with Sussex Honda. The next surprising positive experience I had was with the finance manager Dan, he was very warm and pleasant, he recommended the extended warranty which i debated for a while if I should take it. He told me to take my time because I know my own finance the best which was very surprising to hear, all my preprevious experience with the finance Manger being the last step of the car buying is alway negative because they were all either cold or pushy or both. But not Dan, he didn't act like the past ones that I've encountered where they acted like I'm bothering them and taking up their precious time. I don't EVER ask for the general Manger at the end of the car buying because I just wanted to get out of there because I was tired, but this time I asked for the general Manger and told him that this was my best and most wonderful and positive car buying experience I ever had. I don't think I will go to another dealership again for my future purchase other than Sussex Honda.

Dan in finance, Donna in Internet sales

flowehrli
12/26/2014

"Daniel did a great job"

Very friendly, congrats on your first sale. All the other people in the sales team were very nice too... but we still don't like to shop for cars... The gentleman in the business office could learn front you are far a friendliness....

Ginger14
12/26/2014

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Unfortunately, I was in a collision on local road in my Certified Pre-Owned Honda CRV LX that I purchased only 6 weeks prior with David Kolstad at Sussex Honda. It was a Total Loss. I could have gone anywhere to buy another car, but I felt at home with David Kolstad and Sussex Honda. David was attentive to my situation, knowledgeable and encouraged me to follow my own instincts in selecting my next Honda. He took me on a couple of test drives and that same day I selected a pre-owned Honda CRV EX. I was still sad about my car lost and felt unsure, but David and Sussex Honda made the buying experience smooth. They took care of me and I remain a Honda fan.

Arjay
12/17/2014

"Happy To Be A Part of The Sussex Honda Family"

From the moment I walked through the doors at Sussex Honda I felt at home. I needed to purchase a new car because my 2003 Honda was no longer worth fixing David Kolstad took me for a test drive and I fell in love with the car. David made the whole experience easy and painless. I will definitely be purchasing future vehicles from Sussex Honda and will recommend the dealership and David every chance that I get.

christina.verduchi
12/15/2014

"Superior customer service."

My experience at Sussex Honda was incredible. Car shopping is never a fun experience for me but Lauren made it easy and fun. There were no sales games, she was friendly and both she and Alex helped me overcome some of the obstacles that could have stood in my way of getting the car I really wanted. Thanks to both of them and I will be recommending Sussex Honda to my friends and family.

Alex

George Conklin
12/13/2014

"Not bad at all"

David was knowledgeable on all aspects of the vehicle my wife and I purchased. He had my Bluetooth set up in no time at all and made the whole buying experience pleasant . We would recommend David and the dealership.

Reviews of David Kolstad