Texas Toyota of Grapevine

Toyota of Plano

Cowboy Toyota

Luis G.
2/06/2016

"Redeemed Dealer- Went from Bad experience to great "

I went in on January 18th looking for a used car under $13,000. This was the beginning of the worst and best car experience, I've experienced a few other car sales through my family, but this one started pretty bad but persistence and simple communication got me in the car that I wanted, for far lower price than I expected. The whole experience started with them showing me an older 2013 Camry SE in very poor condition. Bumpers clips were snapped off, there were several scuffs on the body, and a multitude of other issues, the next two cars were a mirror image of this car. Before heading back I noticed 2 very clean and good condition Toyotas. The second card was a 2013 Corolla S, which had it's share of problems. Also a no go. Last car was a car that was over my budget but claimed they’d work on the price. Salesman said manager would work on the price. The third and final car that pissed me off was a 2014 Camry SE, from afar it looked promising but once I started getting closer I spotted all the details: Same bumper loose on the side, clips were broken. Several scuffs. Trim was bent, and lastly fog light was missing. Plastics were missing from the inside, and a few other issues. 58k miles on a 2014 car. Once we went in I explained I didn't like any of the cars. They made a very dumb mistake confusing me with another customer and giving me someone else’s car offer paper to me. After a pricing mistake, and trying to shaft me with 3 cars not fit for sale imho, I was getting upset. This was all coming from the first Sales manager. The dude was looking to screw someone over. I sent them an insulting offer for the 2014 camry they showed me. I explained to him I was pretty upset, that I'd been shown 3 different cars, all of them were in my opinion not fit for sale. I'd been to a lot of dealers including Toyota dealers, KIA, Honda, BMW, Ford, Mazda, and a few others. None had shown me cars as messed up as the ones they showed me. I explained if they seriously didn't have anything, why try to pass off a damaged vehicle? The sales manager, whos name I believe was Kevin explained that he was sorry for the experience. He asked me what I was looking for, getting up and leaving would really not resolve anything and he was willing to listen to what I want and would give me options. That’s when the salesman JR let him know there was 2 cars I had eyed and liked in the beginning. A 2014 Corolla, and 2014 Camry. Kevin asked which I would be interested in, I said the Camry. Based on my experience driving them, they were quieter and smoother rides. I explained that I had a budget, and I wouldn't be able to do 17k. He simply said not to worry about it. He asked the salesman to pull the car up front, and for me to check the car. If I liked it, He'd shoot me his lowest offer. I looked at it, and found it to my liking. Car was Certified preowned, good tires, and had 26k miles Very minimal paint damage, mostly minor stuff that can be covered up easily. No need to have paint repaired. Bumpers/panels were all lined up. I told the salesman I'd like to hear the numbers; I was definitely liking the car. The offer I received was 15k+TTL. I took the deal. Now after taking the car, we had to renegotiate the deal because no bank wanted to loan me the money at the interest rate they spotted me at 7.2%, I was shown all the requests and denials from the banks. A total of 9 denials, 4 unknowns, and some acceptance but at double the interest rate. They tried to put me at 14% interest, however I denied it. At this point I was ready to just give the car back and head to KIA for another vehicle I had seen and loved. Omar my FI guy talked to his manager. They figured out a way to get a loan by dropping the price of the car by $1700~. How ever they'd fill the gap with extended warranty, and a few other add-on packages. They worked with me despite having no real reason to do so because of my credit score, and lack of credit history. I appreciate they went above and beyond to rectify a bad experience, and made it into a good one. Omar, JR and Kevin were outstanding. Not only did they find me financing but they got me financing through Toyota Financial, which is great for the next time I buy a car.

J.R (Salesman), Kevin (Sales manager), Omar

February 08, 2016

Luis, thanks for taking the time to post about your experience! We are happy everything worked out, and you were able to take home a wonderful vehicle.

beccalindsey99
2/04/2016

"Fabulous Staff, Fabulous Vehicle"

I purchased a 2015 Hyundai Sonata from this dealership yesterday and I am so absolutely thrilled with my purchase! When my husband and I first got to the dealership, somebody greeted us before we even came in. His name was Suprem Francis. We told him we saw the car online and he knew exactly what car we were talking about and seemed very knowledgeable. Whenever I first looked at the car I wasn't sure about it. The financial adviser, Omar, stepped in and was willing to do anything to "make me smile." Another salesman, Mike Atakpo, also came into the situation. They were all brainstorming to figure out what the best vehicle would be for me to get. At that point, I was pretty open-minded about the type of car. They must have pulled 5 cars for me to look at. The Hyundai was really growing on me at that point. I had left the dealership to shop around, but I kept coming back to the Hyundai at this dealership. I came back and negotiated the price and we came to an agreement and I got their Platinum Warranty which was really excellent because it was through their dealership and not through a third party. Kamil Nasrawi, the manager, was also very helpful throughout the process. I felt extremely happy that this group of people were so willing to help me to find the perfect car. Next time I trade in a vehicle and purchase a new one, I will definitely go through Texas Toyota of Grapevine.

Suprem Francis, Mike Atakpo, Kamil Nasrawi, Omar

February 07, 2016

Becca, thanks for sharing and congrats on your Sonata purchase! We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team!

lisacmcelroy
1/29/2016

"I would not buy a car anywhere else!"

Bought a 2016 Rav4. I worked with John Cross and he did a great job walking me through the process, explaining my options and just making the entire experience really positive. No sleight of hand, so much attention to detail and he took the entire transaction and my satisfaction very seriously. This is the best experience I have ever had at a Toyota dealership. Also, have to mention that their service department is awesome. I had a previous experience with them and the mechanic put my Toyota up so I could see where the problem was, also explained my options, and in the end the necessary repair ended up being so much smaller than what a mechanic at another repair shop had stated.

February 01, 2016

Thanks for sharing, Lisa! Our team is always happy to help!

dmsg50
1/28/2016

"Great experience!!!!!!!"

Got a new Toyota Rav4 from Texas Toyota of Grapevine. It was such an awesome experience. Everyone was so friendly. I was helped by Leo Phan, who took great care of me and got me the car of my dreams. It was a joy and I will definitely be coming back for years to come. Thanks, Leo!

Leo Phan

February 01, 2016

Hello and thanks for sharing! We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at our dealership! Enjoy your RAV4!

ve2016
1/25/2016

"Great service!"

Leo Phuc Phan, Sales Representative, did a great job showing all the features of my new 2016 Corolla. He was very patient and knew how to answer all my questions. He made the experience of buying a new car very simple.

Leo Phuc Phan

January 26, 2016

Hello and congrats on your new Corolla purchase! We are happy to hear Leo was able to assist you during your car buying experience!

rboyer224
1/24/2016

"These guys are the shizznitt!!!!"

The salesman and his detailing crew went way above and beyond. This 10 year old truck looked like new when they were finished with it. Even polished the faded headlights!!! What a pain that is. I would definitely buy another Used car from them. It may as well be certified!!

Milton Cordero

January 26, 2016

Thanks for sharing, and we look forward to having you back!

Dan
1/22/2016

"Leo Phan"

Leo Phan, Sales Representative, did an excellent job! I drove my 2004 Toyota Sienna for 11 years and dreaded going through the process buying a new car again. However, Leo was patient and listened to our needs for a family vehicle. Leo explained every detailed options that the Sienna 2015 XLE, and must of put in at least five hours with us over the two days. Leo gave me tour of the facility and the Service Center, invited us to come for BBQ during the weekends. Most of important of all, Linda and I are happy and content with the price, color and Toyota vehicles. There's no pressure sales from Leo, nor anyone, at one moment. I enjoy the popcorn, the generous snacks, free WIFI and drinks you guys provided, clean rest rooms, certainly makes time go by faster. Leo stayed with us until 10:30 PM, until the last moment, explained in detail about the engine and maintenance, seats, connected both of our iPhones to the van, and called me the following morning to see how I am doing. I bought several new cars in the past, never had a first class service like this. Sewell's sale reps needs to learn from this guys. Craig(Greg), has US Navy medallions on his desk, the finance person, did an excellent job as well, got us good interest rates and we bought a warrantee package, an investment, that I know Toyota Grapevine will stand behind when I have car problems. Please recognize your employees hard work, the relationships they build with clients, goes much further than any marketing dollars invested. We reside an hour away from Toyota at Grapevine, and had research other dealer ship in the area. If I had to buy a Toyota again, it will be at Toyota at Grapevine. On my way driving home that night, in the new 2015 Sienna XLE, listening to the radio, talking my wife on blue tooth, didn't have to take my hands off the steer wheel, notice how quite and smooth the ride, and I asked myself, why didn't I purchase this earlier? not waited this long. It has been two months, Leo does follow up calls after I drove off the lot and made sure that I made the right decision. I will definitely come up for the BBQ and get the van service in the next two years, you will see more of me, in gratitude, Dan

Leo Phan

January 25, 2016

Dan, thank you for taking the time to post about your visit! We are happy to hear you had a wonderful car buying experience working with Leo. Enjoy your new Sienna, and we look forward to seeing you again!

tammy2020
1/22/2016

"Excellent car dealership"

It was our first time to buy this Toyota Hybrid, there was a great pressure to meet with Mr. Leo Phan at the Toyota of Grapevine Dealership. He was best salesman we ever met. He was so helpful when we looked for the car that fit our family.

Leo Phuc Phan

January 25, 2016

Hi Tammy! Congrats on your new Toyota Hybrid and thanks for taking the time to post!

1/19/2016

"Great Experience!"

Got an awesome car at an awesome price! Everyone was professional and their was no game playing like most dealerships! John Cross made it all easy!

January 25, 2016

Hello and thanks for sharing your wonderful experience!

WendyRae
1/18/2016

"Great experience"

We had a great experience with John Cross. He has kept in contact with us and followed though on his promise to get us the extra key. The customer area is nice and my kids kept busy with the play area and eating popcorn.

January 19, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Wendy! We are glad to hear it was a great one!