Texoma Hyundai

Texoma Hyundai
Call
Texoma Hyundai Info
About Texoma Hyundai

We are a Hyundai and Equus dealer serving North Texas and Southern Oklahoma... - with our beautiful facilities, our incredible line of award-winning vehicles and an outstanding selection of fine used vehicles, we are ready to help you find your next car, truck, or SUV and be your dealer-for-life. Our sales staff is ready to serve you: they're professionals, trained to make your vehicle-buying experience easy, fast and rewarding. Just let them know what your needs are and they'll find your next car!

About Texoma Hyundai

"Boyd Young....what a guy!!!"

Boyd Young is a crook!!!!! I bought a used 2013 Veloster with 32 miles and it had the Tire pressure light on (Not to mention the AC was not blowing cold). They FIXED it at the dealership and 100 miles later the light came back on. I monitored it for a little over a month and it stayed on. I had to go to Lubbock on business for 2 months and took vacation when I got back to take care of this. When I took it to Eckert Hyundai, they showed me that the sensor was missing!!!!!! When I called Texoma, their service guy said he would have to get authorization for replacement from Boyd Young. He came back and said Boyd would not approve it. I told him to let me speak to him. The service guy gave a message to Boyd to call me back. 2 hours later I called Boyd who immediately answered and told me that 4 months was too long and I should have called him back sooner. I thought I had a 5yr.60,000 mile warranty? He said he didn't know what was going on with the vehicle and would not do anything. I knew what happened....when I asked them to check the tire pressure, they found that the pressure was OK so they reset the ECM so it would take it 100 miles or so before it came back on. Problem solved....I had driven off the lot so they could tell me it wasn't their fault. If I could rate this 0 stars, I would. It ended up costing me $196 to fix it and Hyundai's customer service line said they would take care of it. Boyd should have done it over the phone. There is a reason why you can't get your emission test done right after resetting the ECM and that's because it takes a while for the system to cycle through before the lights will come on. Texoma knew that and that's what they did what they did, so I would leave the lot and not be their problem anymore. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 23, 2014

I'm not sure how to respond to these kind of reviews. I did address the issue with the customer and normally, I would happily take care of this issue. The dealer that Mr. Hendrickson took his vehicle is a fine, upstanding dealer and I felt that they would take good care of him. The issue arose when I mentioned that I felt uncomfortable paying for an issue that didn't come to my attention until 5 months past the purchase date had elapsed. Mr. Hendrickson felt that the time frame shouldn't be part of the equation. I know that if an issue is brought to my attention within a reasonable amount of time, I'll do everything that I can to take care of it. Mr. Hendrickson did indeed threaten me with making his displeasure public if I didn't pay his bill, so I'll admit, I dug in. It would be paying ransom if I caved in so here's his complaint and my response. Sincerely, Boyd Young

"Love Jason"

Rolled in with low tire pressure. Took care of problem quickly but thoroughly. Answered all my questions. Great service department. Highly recommend to all friends

September 23, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. The guys in service love their job and it shows. Thank you for taking time to comment. Sincerely, Boyd Young

"We have been buying from Texoma Hyundai for at least 4..."

We have been buying from Texoma Hyundai for at least 4 years anf have gone through 3 purchases. The first one went smoothly with very nice personalities, but they went through the paperwork and financing so fast I didnt that I had made the deal till they just asked me to sign and leave with the car. The second one and third my husband and I purchased together. We had our chrystler 300 for a little ocer a year when the gas tank started to leak. After closer examination by a mechanic we found out that the previous owner did a bad patch job and there had been a whole in the tank this entire time. We contacted our dealer and they looked at the car. First Red asked me if I had purchased the extended warrently and we had, but I didnt feel that we should have to pay for this sense it was not revealed to us during the time of purchase. Then the shop informed us that they could not be sure we didnt put the patch on ourselves. The patch you could tell by its rust deteriation was extremely old. After heavy complaint I said fine, we would just pay our copay and use our warrenty. At this timw they informwd us that the warrwnty did not cover the fuel tank. I was irate to say the least. We were l9ng time loyal customers and they wouldnt even repatch it for us when it was not our doing. ....several months down the road and two patches later we decide its not worth the hassle and proceed to trade it in for something similar, but are told this is not possivle either. Needless to say we are no longer Texoma Hyundai customers and would not recommend any one else go tk them. They are friendly while everything is good, but as soon as its not they will find a way out of it. Horrible customer centricity.

September 23, 2014

Very sorry that this situation didn't work for either of us. We take a lot of pride in being able help every customer ... and this situation went from trying to take care of a service problem to trying to help you trade out of the vehicle that you had and unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond your or our control, we just could put anything together. I hope that in the future, we could re-assess your trade and see if we could make something work. Sincerely, Boyd Young

"Jane and Brian were awesome! We never felt pressured or..."

Jane and Brian were awesome! We never felt pressured or like they were in a rush. All of our questions were answered throughly and they didn't try to hide anything from us. Jane took her time with our test drive and is the most honest and genuine person I have dealt with in car sales. Brian gave us a great deal that I believe both parties were happy with and we never got the impression he was trying to hose us. Found out we had a bad battery the day after we took our car home and it was taken care of with one phone call. I highly recommend Texoma Hyundai and definetely plan on buying from them again!

"What a great car that was advertised on their website and..."

What a great car that was advertised on their website and with the option to finance. Two days later I went down there and looked at the car 1993 Cadillac, nice car. As I am checking this car out tyler whom I received emails from when acquiring about the car on their website simply said that he will not finance this old of a car, sure wish he would have let me know this when I expressed my concerns about being financed in an email. but I wasn't. So with no satisfaction I had to walk away from that beautiful car and take my trade in and the money I had to another place. What I seen was good, but a bit shy on communication with their customers! Sure wished they would have been able to help me out

tyler steel

"Great Job, Very happy with my purchase will be back to..."

Great Job, Very happy with my purchase will be back to purchase another auto, I would trust this dealership over the others I have been at.

"We contacted the dealership because we found a used truck..."

We contacted the dealership because we found a used truck online that we were interested in. I received an email that Tommy would be our sales person with his phone number. I received a call the following day from Tommy. He said he didn't call the previous day because he didn't want to bother us on Sunday evening. I was impressed. He was very helpful, informed and no pressure. We drove from Mesquite to meet with him. We came home with the truck we went after. I am so impressed that I also am going back to buy a car for me. Outstanding experience!!!

"he team was extremely helpful with timeliness , financing..."

he team was extremely helpful with timeliness , financing and they had the right car. The sales person , John Yance, was on top of things with good information and quick response. The entire experience could not have been any better. Paul Hackett

"I walked in today to texoma hyundai on my first day of..."

I walked in today to texoma hyundai on my first day of shopping for a new car. I wasn't ready to sit down and talk about financing or numbers, I mainly wanted to figure out what car I wanted first. I explained this to the salesman at least 2 or 3 times. All he wanted to do was talk about financing. He kept going on about how hyundais are quality vehicles and are "priced accordingly". He also was talking about how you have to have perfect credit to finance with them (this is all before we have even told him what car we want), it was almost as if he was trying to say we weren't good enough to buy from them. He would not let us look at cars not matter how many times we explained to him that is all we wanted to do. My girlfriend and I walked out of their office after about 10-15 minutes of his BS because he was not listening to us. I really wish I would have gotten his name so management would see this and fire his arrogant dumb a**. Not only did they lose a potential sale, they lost chance of me ever stepping foot in there again. Do not shop here, they use high pressure sales tactics the moment you walk in the door.

Not sure if this was him.

September 23, 2014

Since I wasn't privey to the actual conversation, I must say my conversation with the salesperson was make sure that his approach was less about how a customer was going to purchase the car and more about which car you wanted to purchase. He realized that even though you and your girlfriend were very young, that he made a mistake in trying to see if you were credit worthy, rather than try to help you find the vehicle that you were interested in. The training goes on here at Texoma Hyundai and we are sorry to have let you down. Sincerely, Boyd Young

October 28, 2013

Messages Texoma Hyundai wrote on 6/27/2013 10:03:07 AM: I do want to apologize for the salesperson being too eager to get to the credit application. I have talked to him about this and we are making sure that it does not happen again. I'm sorry that we missed the opportunity to show you how we usually work. Your point is well taken and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Sincerely, Boyd Young, Sales Manager, Texoma Hyundai.

"Consumer or future car buyers beware of purchasing a..."

Consumer or future car buyers beware of purchasing a vehicle here.I would not recommend anyone going to buy any used vehicle from Texoma Hyundai dealership in Sherman,Texas.We started searching for a car for our daughter online and found a little mazda mia. We made contact by phone and set the appointment to come and look at the car with Mike "Red" Robinson on May 17,2013. When we arrived to the dealership the car was not on the lot but in the shop. It was brought to us to test drive and the mechanic told "Red" the only problem was a leaky exhaust system. The car is a 94 model so we figured that it would have a few issues and the price was reasonable for that year model,1,500.dollars. We purchased the car and was headed home and 45 minutes into the trip it overheated, we called for help and my husband had to tow the car to a mechanic shop. We figured a mechanic could replace the thermostat or radiator and only be out a couple of hundred more dollars. Well the car had no water in the radiator and the head gasket was blown just driving home from dealership. This is 1,200.to fix not to mention wheel barrings and issues with the rear-end. Total cost to fix to make drivable 2,500.dollars.We got the awful news from the mechanic today. This is two weeks later after we bought the car. So thinking you have a good deal or a great inspection from their mechanics as to problems or issues with the vehicles they are trying to get rid of and what you are buying is not true. When I contacted the salesman Mike" Red" Robinson to tell about the issues with the car and what happened he was unconcerned and was rude to me on the phone".I was buying a used car and what did I expect to get for 1,500." It had no warranty of course on the car. They couldn't do any thing about it. He passed the phone to another guy that was just as hateful and repeating the same garbage .It was very unprofessional of them to talk this way to me and I really appreciated him hanging the phone up on me. The deal is done and they got payed that was all the were ever concerned with. I have a vehicle that is a loss for my family. I would not sale this to another person to even try to get my money back .I wouldn't lie or tell a buyer anything just to get rid of it. I will just live with the life lesson, I learned about Salesman and their intergrity or lack of morals. I believe that karma will definetly have a nice time in their future. I guess I expected to much the car, just thought that it would at least made it home, since I just purchased it from them. I would have liked to have an honest person and to be a little more understanding that no one likes to be taken advantage of .I believe they knew what the problems were with the car and it was not worth it for them to repair. I guess there policy is to say or do whatever it takes to make the sale. We were the unlucky ones out of this whole situation. We apparently bought a piece of junk and it's not worth fixing. We haven't even received the title from them. So whoever is looking for a car, please don't have the misfortune to deal with this dealership. Sincerely A very unhappy customer.

October 28, 2013

Ms. Causey, We are not happy to hear that you are unhappy with your purchase. Here at Texoma Hyundai, we feel that our $1500. cars are as good as anybody's. As you state in your complaint, you purchased the car on May 17th. You state that the car had no water in the engine and that it overheated on the way home. If you had called us as soon as that had happened, we would have been happy to assist you with the issue. However, we were not notified of the issue until June 1st. 2 weeks pass after the issue was discovered before you asked us to help. Again, very sorry to hear that you are unhappy. For future purchases, for any product, from any vendor, please remember to notify the selling party immediately so that a resolution can be addressed better. Thank You, Boyd Young, Sales Manager Please feel free to call me at any time - 903 892 0999

Jane Smallwood