The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston Info
About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

"Great Services, OK Prices, Tons of Convenience"

Needed a full workover of my Nissan before a multi-day driving trip plus needed 60,000 mile maintenance work. Service manager Myriam Mccready gave outstanding service - succinctly noting the problems I listed, advising me on costs, and doing it all in a friendly and accommodating manner. Within an hour or so, I received a call letting me know the recommended maintenance items that were found and to get my approval prior to work. There was no attempt to sell me things I did not need. Autobarn gave honest assessments of when replacement items would probably be needed (not on this visit). The dealership offers rides to/from home in a courtesy car. Overall, the experience was very good - this is the second time I have had maintenance work done at Autobarn and have found no reason for me to go elsewhere.

"Review: Car Purchase "

Thanks to James Berce and Autobarn Evanston I found a car that I love. They were fair with my trade-in and provided great service. Overall, James was very professional and client-center I would recommend my friends to this dealer.

"Purchase & Maintainance"

My whole experience at Autobarn has been smooth and flawless. I purchased a used Honda last January. The car initially was having a hard time starting so I asked my dealer, Hector Santiago (he is amazing!!!) if they would replace the battery. No problem, he took care of it. I was out the door with the car within a few hours. They definitely try to add on items, I did buy an add on for the paint protection as well as car maintenance on the engine, but they do get overwhelming when the dealer is offering and then the finance guy has more to offer when you get upstairs. Overall my experience purchasing the car was nothing but positive. They work hard to get you financed at a good rate and a car at the right price. I felt Hector was my personal shopper, looking out for my best, not pushy or trying to oversell. I'm doing two reviews in one, this part is for service. This winter was rough and I threw my alignment off with a few potholes. I decided it was time to have it fixed this past week. I took the car in to be washed (part of the perks-free car washes for life) and asked if they worked on Honda's. Chris Matys was able to get my car in that day. He's usually the one I see when dropping off my car to be washed and is always friendly! I was expecting to have to make an appointment, rather I picked my car up in a couple of hours and was ready to finish my day. Super fast and the job was well done. I definitely recommend this dealership, prices were more than reasonable and customer service is outstanding!

"Deceptive and Fraudulent Pricing Policies"

Autobarn Evanston includes federal and state tax incentive in their advertised prices, which is at best very deceptive, and probably should be illegal. For example, Nissan Leafs at Autobarn are currently advertized on cars.com for about 17,700, which would be a very good price. What is not indicated in their advertising as that this is what you will pay after you qualify for and get on your own the 11,500 in federal and state tax rebates. When you show up at the dealership, you will have to pay 29,200 for the car advertized at 17,700. You will also have to pay sales tax and licensing fees on the higher amount. They also send out advertizing claiming an "incentive" of 11,500 is available on the Leaf, which is listed along with other actual incentives for other cars. This shows that they are trying to imply that the federal and state tax rebates are a dealership incentive, when they are not. Autobarn is also a spammer. After having asked them this question via email, they signed me up for their email list, and I now get inundated with advertizing from them, none of which has any unsubscribe links. Repeated emails to their contact email have been returned as "undeliverable".

Richard Kirkpatrick, Martin Desz

"Car Purchase Review"

I went to a few dealers looking for the car I wanted and they all offered to look for it around the midwest, but none of them could find it. Jon/John Quatch at Autobarn was the only guy who had enough sense to say "hey, if that is the car you want we can order it for you." He also said "if it comes in and you don't like it, I'll sell it to somebody else and we'll get you the care you want." That went a long way. There were no games with price, additional features, or any other surprises. There was not a lot of pressure to take a similar vehicle (different color, etc.) in its place either. Financing dept. went smooth, and there were no surprises there either nor was there high pressure for the extended warrenty and all that stuff. There was a bit of a wait at first when I came in to pick up my car - it had to do with bringing it from the other lot and detailing it and stuff, and that should not have happened as I had I scheduled time to come in and pick it up, but stuff happens sometimes. I was treated well and John spent a good deal of time w/ me explaining all the features of my new car. I would recommend this dealer AND this salesperson.

"BIG pothole blowout! "

Autobarn just made life easy! I blew out a tire in a pothole on July 2nd about 5:00 pm. I called The Autobarn and asked if I could get my car in sometime on July 3rd, rather than drive around on a temp for the long holiday weekend. They gave me a 7:30 a.m. Appointment. The tire cost $225 but because I service my car here, it had a curbside guarantee, they covered $150 of my cost! The service was friendly and efficient! I was of my way by 9:30 with a new tire. Juan Castellanos did a real pro job thoroughly looking over the damage and recommending a new alignment because my steering wheel was knocked out of line when I hit the pothole! Thanks Autobarn for making my first blowout so stress free! Your efforts are appreciated!

"Rogue"

The seller was so professional in business with me. I will make more business in the future with the same dealership and i will recommend my friends to this dealer.

Gianna Diana

"Worst customer service I have ever experienced!"

Where do I start off at...first, I was in contact with the sales rep prior to my arrival and advised him I was on my way(2.5hours away), he advised the vehicle was being detailed and would be ready on my arrival. I arrived at the dealership to find out the vehicle was not there. Waited for over 45minutes just to see the truck and to find out it was only half detailed. Second, the sales rep had no clue what features the vehicle had, my wife asked if there were heated seats to which he advised no. Then my wife pointed out the heated seat button and he advised yeah it does have heated seats as if he were joking around but, you could tell he screwed up. At one point he stated that he metal skid plate was not an option from the dealer ship and that you have to put this on yourself, that is false. If you buy or order the pro-4x it comes stock with the metal skid plate. Numerous more occasions where the sales rep displayed signs of not knowing what he was selling. Third probably one of the most irritating things of them all, I decided to purchase the vehicle due to it was exactly what I was looking for and for a somewhat good price. Well anyways, as I began to sign papers the sales rep then discloses that the vehicle was involved in a minor collision and it was reported on carfax. He never disclosed this information prior to signing papers, I nearly walked out at this point as I was extremely pissed off. Fourth prior to my arrival I advised I was in contact with this sales rep and he advised that I would not need to pay sales tax as I was out of state. I went to the finance dept with cash and a check from the bank to find out he was wrong once again and I had to put the tax on my credit card and I was not aware that tax was going to need paid. While in the finance office I found out that the sales rep had screwed something up on the paperwork causing the finance department to have to redo all their paperwork. I was in the finance department for 3 hours, and the finance guy was very aware of the situation and apologized that I had to wait so long. Fifth, after I was done as the finance dept I was told by the sales rep to meet him across the road to pick up the vehicle. I get over there to be told he is with someone so I have to wait again while I see him sitting in the officer laughing with the manager I had spoke with earlier. Then when he finally comes out he states he forgot to get the temporary license plate and had to run across the road to get it. He gets back with the plate and puts it on and I get in the truck ready to leave only to realize they never did finish the detail and he did not put the SD card in so he had to run across the road again! Sixth, during the test drive I went to open the drivers door and it would not open I thought it was maybe locked still so i reached in and pressed unlock, still would not open. The sales rep said you still have it locked, I pressed unlock two more times and it still would not open. It finally opens and the sales rep said nothing is wrong with the handle. I stopped on the way home to grab something to eat and could not get the drivers door open after pressing unlock multiple times and my wife double checking while she was inside the vehicle that it was unlocked. I later got the door open by having to pull on the bottom side of the handle. I contacted the sales rep, (oh yeah, his name is JON QUACH) and advise what had happened and asked how it was going to get fixed. He responded saying you will have to take it to a dealership and it will be covered under warranty if its not from normal wear and tear. He never offered to have his dealership pay for the expense if it was not from normal wear. I am taking the vehicle in, in two days and will find out if it is covered under warranty, if not Autobarn will be getting a phone call from me. Overall very BAD experience and would never ever recommend this dealership to anyone not even my worst enemy. Never expected this poor of service from a licensed Nissan dealership will never return!!!

The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston responded to this review

June 12, 2014

Hello - First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology for your experience here at our dealership. It appears as though one thing happened after another and can understand your frustration. Frankly, it frustrates me as well knowing that there were several factors that led to your dissatisfaction. I do thank you for detailing this for us. Instead of addressing everything via messaging, please contact me directly and we will go over each of the concerns and see what we can do to rectify the situation and what I can do to earn back your business. Thank you, Richard Kirkpatrick General Manager 847-425-7711

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Gianna's commitment to serving clients with the highest level of service is second to none. We felt in good hands from the showroom to the test drive to signing the paperwork and she never pressured us once. Our only drawback was we asked for the car to be detailed as part of the deal and the work fell short. The inside wasn't done at all, which is what needed the most attention and the outside didn't seem to have anything done besides a car wash (rims were still dirty). We would have rather had waited a few extra minutes for the work to be completed correctly. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and the level of professionalism with all the staff involved with our purchase. Thanks, Gianna! :)

Gianna DiDiana

"Great service"

While buying a car can be stressful, Bojan really made it a good experience. And most importantly, once I left with the car, he consistently followed up and took care of a few minor issues. I always had a comparable loaner and the issues were fixed with no problem and stress. I would recommend this dealership and sales staff to anyone.

Reviews of Hector Santiago