The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

Bojan Kokanoiv

May 20, 2017

"Exception serve"

- Datsun 510

As always, Don Mekoola. and his staff were excellent. He is courteous and informative, he gave me a realistic time frame for the repair. He is efficient, didn't rush me, answered my questions. He is a true professional. In addition car drop off area is clean and the customer waiting area is very comfortable with comfortable seating and refreshments.

May 02, 2017

"Good job!"

- Msull28799

I was assisted by DonMekoola. I brought my car in for an oil change. Don was very friendly and told me exactly when my car would be ready. He went over each item the mechanic looked at when servicing my car. My only complaint is that I made an appointment online yet still had to wait an hour just for an oil change. I guess I figured since I set up the time in advance it would only take 30 minutes or less but apparently not. Otherwise everything was great.

April 27, 2017

"Do not trust them !"

- PIOTR SAWCZUK

Before the holidays I bought a car at the Autoban Nissan of Evanston. The salesperson was Victor. I bought a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. I asked Victor if the car was 100% functional and he said that it absolutely was. After finalizing the sale I went to get the car and I noticed there was a fresh scratch on it. Victor said that they will take care of it, but I will have to come back another time, this turned out to be the beginning of many problems for me. Shortly after leaving the dealership during the first stop at a red light on Dampster, I attempted to reverse and it turned out that the back-up camera was not working, and Victor knew about this because he was parking the car the day before and had to use the back-up camera feature. From that spot I called Victor and he told me that they will take care of it. Making my way home I decided to pop in a CD into the CD player and another “surprise” hit me. The CD player was not working, there was an “error” message on the screen. After another phone call with the dealer, I informed him that I am leaving town on vacation, he insisted I take the car in, leave it at the dealership and when I return everything will be fixed. After about 2 weeks I come back to town and Victor tells me that the scratch is fixed, but I have to go to the Hyundai dealer with the rest of the issues and they will fix all of them there. At the Hyundai dealer, they fixed the back up camera but the CD player was not fixed because the 30K mile warranty has expired. I called Victor one more time and he again assured me that everything will be taken care of. I left my car with them again and they were supposed to fix it. I go back there for about the sixth time, and the manager was part of the conversation this time. They told me that they were going to take the car to the Hyundai dealer service but someone was not there and that they couldn’t do it at the time. After a few weeks of continuous phone calls to them, I finally hear from Victor that “we can’t do anything more about it”. The manager told me that it’s normal that cars break, which sounded like he was getting at the fact that all of these issues started occurring after leaving the dealership for the very first time after the sale. This whole situation lasted about two months, all I can say is that you should avoid them at all cost, they are regular liars and cheaters.

Victor Maldonado