The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

About The Autobarn Nissan of Evanston

Aladin Kozlica
7/31/2016

"The way dealership should be!"

This is the way dealership and auto buying should be. You and your staff are exceptional. I was dealing with Max who went far and beyond its job to accommodate our needs. He found us exactly what we needed without typical hassle and annoyance as past dealing we had with auto buying. Top notch employee. We sure will be back at your dealer. Thank you!

Max

semir.gusic
7/19/2016

"Eldin, Eldin, Eldin!!! "

Worked with Eldin "Eldizi" Hamuic, i must say it was one of the best experiences iv had in a long time. I am originally from St. Louis and i saw a pre owned 2012 Hyundai Equus they had just gotten in on trade. So i called up the dealership and Eldin answered. He was great from the get go! I booked my first flight out on a Saturday, and i was picked up at the airport in my brand new car!!!!!! Eldin was phenomenal, finance was quick! Management was easy to work with! No hassle back and fourth just great service all around. My wife ended up looking at another vehicle that was at the Volkswagen Auto barn store Eldin volunteered to help and made everything possible for us! Best part about the whole trip was that we actually got to see a few local places and had sometime to enjoy Chicago Eldin gave us a few places to visit! I would strongly recommend him to anyone in search of a honest car salesmen. You have a long life customer!

Eldin Hamulic

Hamza Khan
7/07/2016

"DON'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT A 80K SERIOUS CUSTOMER"

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. They are one of THE best scammers/manipulators I have encountered thus far in my life. They are well trained to build a strong first impression, being friendly, drawing a connection, and most importantly being respectful. But once the negotiation starts it's a whole nother ball game. The salesmen, Max Vilic, came off as friendly but did not exemplify any professionalism with a really bad poker face. To be fair he is only 21. If you want to see true salesmanship and professionalism I would recommend Lexus of Highland park or Infiniti of Clarendon hills. Nonetheless, I digress. The thing that shocked me first was that they needed to run my credit report before even discussing the price of the car. Since I was serious, I did not mind too much, knowing that it will impact my credit score negatively. First 2 visits the dealer wasn't taking us seriously. After the 3rd visit, finally the dealer started working the numbers but nothing close to where we wanted to be. Before walking out on the 3rd visit, the dealer was only off by $500 from my last offer. 4th visit is where things get interesting and the b-sing begins. The number sheet we were using that had the prices, suddenly was lost. Then printed another sheet, claiming that it's the one we were using on my 3rd visit. On the new sheet the price was increased by 500, which was crossed off by a pen and added another 500 to the price, written in pen. So basically, the salesmen added 1,000.00 to the price from there last offer on the 3rd visit. Coming back to that awful poker face, first he lied and said that this is the original paper, then lied about the price. Then Raising his voice and saying, "if the last offer was so good why didn't you take it, on the 3rd visit"? I said, " I never said it was a good offer, I am just telling you what it was, not saying I am here to take your last off, which you are saying never happened". At that point I knew these were never going to go back on there last offer, let alone agree to my offer. p.s the car was in good condition, but had a really bad scratch/scuff on the lower front bumper. On the first visit the salesmen said he will take care of it no problem, "don't let it affect my decision". Now at the end he is saying "Dude we sell it as it is". Again, they will do and say anything to bring in the customer in. The Manager, Leo, sided with Max and totally neglected the golden rule, the customer is always right. They lost a good sale. Now it's time to buy a AMG. Also, communication is terrible from these guys and no emails at all. Extremely awful and stressful experience.

Max Vilic

Prince85
4/19/2016

"Ask for Bruce!"

Bruce was patient and straight with me. Just what you look for. I felt he listened well and respected my concerns and wishes. A wonderful experience. Thank you Leo and Bruce!

Leo

never again
3/28/2016

"Do not buy online"

I bought a part online for my truck with 2nd Day shipping. After waiting for about 4 Days I contacted them and they told me that it was the USPS and they can't control this. Go to the post office to look and they told part is lots. Now I contact them by phone and Tim told me he was going to find out and call me back - never did. Day after we contact again and the same thing. Next days we speak with manager and couldn't solve anything. They resolution all the time was to wait for part so they can refund me - but what part if I never received and post office said it is lost.!!! Worst customer services, worst experience. Next time Ebay or Amazon

myself1969
12/26/2015

"Do not trust internet price"

I was interested in a Leaf and they offered the lowest price. I called in and spoke to confirm the price and they mentioned no hidden charges from the advertised price. I took an appointment and I was helped by Bruce. So Bruce starts with saying there are many incentives added to $14,575 price. He says $7,500 (federal credit) + $4,500 (state credit) + $5,000 (Nissan incentive) and tells the total price is $31,575. I mentioned $4,500 state credit is no longer available and it was stopped back sometime 2 years back. Then he starts saying, the MSRP is $32,000 and will subtract $7,500 (federal credit) and $5,000 (Nissan incentive) and the price is $19,500. I mentioned I am very interested and will buy the vehicle if the price is $14,575 + $7500 + $5,000, which is $27,075 (advertised internet price). He says let me check with my manager. After 5 minutes he comes back and says the price is $27, 075 + $895 (destination fee) + $1,000 (college graduate) + $500 (owner loyalty). I said these were not mentioned when I called in. Bruce mentioned this is the final price. I said the internet price does include destination fee and he said, no it is not included. I asked if they can honor the internet price and he said "no". I just walked away. I finally bought the vehicle from Star Nissan and they were nicer to deal with and honored the advertised price.

Lu1965
12/07/2015

"Misrepresented vehicle price, and did not deal in good faith"

This dealership played the old monthly payment game where they don't show you the actual price of the vehicle, but just show you the monthly payment. They try to get to the payment you can afford without regard for the length of the contract and they try to avoid telling you the interest rate. They also add costs to the advertised price for anti theft, paint protection, etc. They state that it is already applied to the car and can't be removed. Therefore, they try to force you into buying something that you may not want or need. I feel that they use very deceptive sales techniques and do not deal honestly or in good faith.

Debbie123
11/24/2015

"Oil Change"

I went in for a routine oil change and the service was excellent! I dropped off my car and it was ready when promised. The staff couldn't be nicer or more detailed when going over the check up performed on my Maxima. I would recommend the Autobahn for service to all of my friends for sure.

Tom Harrington

Froglady55
11/23/2015

"Great service"

I have dealt with Don Mekoola for many years. He has always been very helpful in explaining what needs to be done to my car.

K tolli
11/17/2015

"Great Service"

Don Mekoola was very helpful describing what services my car needed. I've been a customer for some years now & it's always good to get excellent, friendly service when I stop in.

Reviews of Don Mekoola